/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 18th:
1229 – The Sixth Crusade: Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor signs a ten-year truce with al-Kamil, regaining Jerusalem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem with neither military engagements nor support from the papacy.
1861 – With Italian unification almost complete, Victor Emmanuel II of Piedmont, Savoy and Sardinia assumes the title of King of Italy.
1932 – The Empire of Japan declares a puppet state of Manzhouguo and installed former Chinese Emperor Aisin Gioro Puyi as Chief Executive of the State.
>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uW6njIms9Og
youtube.com/watch?v=e6HPdNBicM8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based

white

What are some fun minor powers in Victoria 2 I could play and colonize some with? Almost done with a Persia game.

Was thinking Sweden. They have a good export economy with wood production, so they would need a wide variety of goods in their rgos. The Congo would be perfect for them. A little difficult to fill their RGOs, and would have difficulty pushing pops overseas since you can only push primary pops overseas.

Could play Netherlands. Would have indonesia and treaty ports in China which means I would only need access to some basic supplementary goods to fill pops needs. Probably some wood some Cameroon area would fit nicely.

W&B.

uninstall.exe
also is HPM still here?

For the white man, the year has turned to the one-thousand nine-hundred and thirty-sixth year since the birth of their savior. Yet for most Chinese, that date matters little; for them, it is yet twenty-four days until the Year of the Rat arrives, and though they prepare for the festivities dutifully, their hearts are troubled. For just as this is the year of the fire-rat, so too has fire been on their minds of late: fire in the north when they lost Manchuria. Fire in the east, as war with the communists rages, now quiet and now furious. Fire in the fields, as cruel warlords with over-much influence wreak havoc for the joy of it alone.

Though the peasants farm, and the artisans work their crafts, and the soldiers march in the streets with pride, all of this is but a noble facade. The peasant bows to the government official by day while courting the communists by night; the artisan sells his work to the West, or to China's great rival Japan, and wonders all the while where the days of China's glory have gone. But worst of all, the soldier who marches in the street would gladly turn on his commander, indeed on his very country, if it would put just a little more rice into his bowl, or a little more yuan in his pockets. China is no nation. Her people have no pride and no loyalty; and why should they? What have their leaders given them to trust in, since the Qing were exiled? What state has risen from the ashes but a bastard one, beset on all sides? Traitorous warlords from within, the Western vultures without, and Japan ever lurking, watching for the slightest weakness. What hope has been given to trust in?

Yet Jiang Jieshi will give them this. Jiang will make China a nation.

The AAR begins! I'm running Downfall 1.32 (which is a shit mod, don't play it; I only figured this out after already finishing the AAR). This is the first (and hopefully only) AAR I will ever entirely play and write before posting on /gsg/

BTFO

Anyone got a problem in eu4 where you don't get the colonial cb against new world nations?

Looking forward to it m8. Finally some content and not just shitposting or anons trying to get spoonfed on this thread.

>6000 posts early

Based.

Am I crazy or is this map projection all squashed and weird and shit?

It is squashed kind of like EU3

So I recently acquired Jerusalem through a crusade. I'm not sure I can handle being a small kingdom in Western Europe and having Jerusalem to look after as well at the same time, though.

The way I figure it, I have several options.

1) Pawn it off to some relative, let them deal with it
2) Give the holdings away to the Pope, let him deal with it
3) Centralise the holdings under a merchant republic and grant it independence
4) Give my original kingdom away to some fucker and take direct control of Jerusalem, swearing fealty to Byzantium for extra protection

Pic related, is the political situation in the Middle East right now.

I'm playing as the kingdom of Irlanda, an Ireland (and Cornwall) that has been Slav'd thanks to me migrating the Pomeranians into Ireland from a 769 start in Pomerania.

I'm Catholic, the Byzantines are Orthodox, Egypt/Abyssinia and the Caliph to the east are Sunni, the Arab sultan in Mecca/Medina is Shia.

Oh baby

Yet this much cannot be denied: China has been humiliated. Humiliated in the Opium Wars; humiliated in the Boxer Rebellion; humiliated when the Qing fell; humiliated when Sun Yat-Sen failed to forge a strong nation and to end the pretensions of the warlords; humiliated when Japan stole Manchuria from her and she was too weak to put up even the most bare resistance; but humiliated most of all when her own people lost faith, and began to walk the traitorous path of the Communards.

China was once strong and imperious. She boasted deserts, mountains, jungles, forests, fields, steppes, plains; she cannot be said to boast them all now, not in truth. The warlords, the traitorous pigs who rule like kings in their petty realms, robbing China of unity and purpose, have seen to that. The Republic of China rules but little of the land that it should; the rest is commanded by its "regional governors," only two of which even pretend to answer to Nanjing: Li Zongren of the New Guangxi Clique, and Long Yun of the Yunnan clique. Both are governors in name only; they rule as little less than dictators, sharing power only with their fellows, removed from the influence of the central government.

Jiang does not forget that it was but six years before that Chinese fought Chinese in a war over the autonomy of Guangxi, and there was no true victor. Only the Japanese invasion of Manchuria solidified them then, and only the Japanese threat, the naked fist of their might, now keeps the realm from tearing itself apart anew.

And so the Japanese are useful, though they are just as despised. They are one more humiliation, more occupiers of lands that are not theirs, and that do not belong with them. Yet they are the stronger, and the Chinese must kowtow yet a little longer. But soon, perhaps, the time of bowing will end.

It is weird. Paracucks fucked it up.

Looking forward to it. No doubt the steamgruppe will start trying to shut you down, but just ignore it so that I can read this, cause I'm interested

Either 3 or 4. And post as the game progresses.

Religion map. Catholicism has all 5 holy sites thanks to a Crusade for Aquitaine softening up the Moors in Spain, though the trigger for early crusading was originally pagan Sweden/Scandinavia conquering Rome.

Do option 4 but stay independent. Sink or swim motherfucker.

Why would they ever use anything other than this bad boy?

What about a NF that you can use to target the extermination to specific states? It would only be available if you had the modifier "Systematic Extermination" and would either kill pops directly or somehow make the event kill more pops in states where it's active.

I tried to designate a new heir but it didn't update on the families screen, anyone know why? It's still showing the old heir.

That's not the robinson projection tho

Also they do use that for everything past Vic2. They just shifted the Americas vertically and cut off the Arctic

Don't even joke about the M*rc*d*r pr*j*ct**n

I've had that happen a couple times. Try exiting and reloading?

FUCK THOSE JAPS UP CHIANG

They should be using a fucking globe

How's my Grobdeutschlandiums looking?

t. non white
I bet you unironically like Peter-Galls
That's not a 2D rectangle though. Also
>compromising
>ever
Never seen any game so far where they used a globe and it actually turned out aesthetic rather than ugly

La Plata

>No Galicia

The Amir Kebab modifer from Persia doesn't fire to end it normally if you spare him even if you westernize in the 50s.

Force Yugoslavia and Hungary into submission and you're set.

r8 my europe lads. I'm allied with Italy and Austria-Hungary (although they hate eachother so its kinda tentative) and fucked up France for Artois (Artesie in glorious dutch tongue). However, my name looks weird. What should I do?

The Guomin Geming Jun, The Chinese Revolutionary Army, although disorganized and under-equipped, still stands 300,000 men strong, with a mighty leader in the personage of Jiang Jieshi. Outdated, largely untrained, utilizing weaponry from the early 1920s thrust into the hands of peasants, with minimal artillery support and comparatively ancient cavalry tactics (and, indeed, cavalry divisions in the first place), the Revolutionary Army is not the bastion of progress which inspires the average infantryman to put his faith in the Republic. Yet it is a beginning, and, in the right hands, a single lion might lead an army of sheep to victory.

China's soldiers are sheep, for now, and there is little use denying it. But, in time, with diligence and patience and careful preparation, it might be that they are at least made into dogs before the end--ones that bite the hand of the foe who backs them viciously into a corner. And, if all hopes are exceeded and a day unlooked-for arrives, it may yet be that the Guomin Geming Jun becomes a force of a million lions, riding forth under the banner of a white sun.

East Indies. In the aforementioned war with France I took Cochinchina from them. Portugal is in my sphere so I don't really mind their little outpost in Timor.

Take the rest of Indochina and also Algeria

have a link for your flag frames mod? Is it in the archive in the OP?

>1874
That's pretty good lad. I think the French border could be better but it would require changeowner aka >>>>>cheating

Instead you should take Crete and Cyprus and Sicily and grind T*rkey into the dust. And make sure Ireland is free and unified.

How much pops, if any, have you assimilated in Wallonia and/or French Flanders? Also do you have South Africa? Otherwise, Europe looks pretty damn good.

Grab the rest of New Guinea and Portuguese Timor and your East Indies will be perfect. Also, make sure to grab Taiwan as well as Ceylon if you get the chance.

Portugal gets an event to sell the flores to you.

Why does PRC own all of Xibei San Ma from 1936

Fuck Off Fascist.

Fuck Off Fascist.

FUCK OFF

THIS GENERAL IS COMMUNE ONLY

THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION MUST BE SEIZED

During the political struggles of the early 1930s, Jiang was removed from his position atop the lumbering beast-of-state that was the Kuomintang. Although fresh civil wars in the late 1920s and 1930s revealed his importance and he was restored to a position of authority, Jiang does not technically occupy the position of Head of State of the Republic of China. Rather, Lin Sen--the incorruptible and competent politician who became famous as a governor under Sun Yat-Sen--holds this honor.

Although Lin Sen is a competent politician, he is not a warrior, and in these days of war it is a warrior that is needed to bring hope to China. As the years have passed, Jiang has amassed more and more power unto himself as Japan has risen as a threat just beyond the horizon, such that Lin Sen has become nothing but a convenient puppet. The true power in the Republic of China belongs to Jiang Jieshi, as the Head of Government and leader of the Guomin Geming Jun.

Yet his power, both formal and informal, is not law within the Republic of China, not yet. He can be blocked, stalled, and even denied, although at peril. Corruption, and the formation of power blocs, was but one of these means, and the man whom Jiang now watches most closely is Chen Guofu. Minister of Internal Security for the Republic of China, the already slippery Guofu has recently been able to secure the position of Minister of Armaments for himself, and in so doing consolidate sufficient power to threaten the still-informal rule of Jiang. Yet, sadly, such is the state of the Republic of China that he cannot be challenged, not without great distraction. And so, although he uses his positions to enrich himself and deny goods to the peasantry, his corrupt influence over the two offices must be tolerated, for now. Later, if the unlooked-for day comes, he will feel the wrath of Jiang.

this tbqh but unironically

With Nationalism and Imperialism and the Berlin Conference firing you can establish protectorates over all of Indonchina for 5 each letting you gobble up Burma, Siam, and the rest of Vietnam etc in one war each.

How so? Are you suggesting annexation or the installation of puppet governments?

PICTURED: best china

lol! epic reddit communism! lol!

How do I westernize quickly and break free from China as Mongolia in liqqy 2
t.Mongolaboo

I have no idea. I also have no idea why Shanxi is literally a puppet of Mao's--probably so the Kuomintang army, when it rushes forward, gives all the land in Manchuria directly to Mao so it can have """""muh historical communist control of territory""""" when the war is over.

Like I said, the mod is legitimately awful, and in some respects in writing this AAR I'm going to need to have to explain around all the awful shit it does. Such as the Kwantung Army--which is a tag in the mod--having only like three Generals assigned, meaning literally every unit they have save a few are just entirely uncommanded.

The worst part is that's not even the memiest part, that comes in '42.

Ayy

Mongolia is one of the many minor country that has literally no hope without cheats. See also - Tibet, most Indian sattelites, Zulu, etc.

epic bro XD that's some serious ebin ironic humour communism is le reddit ideology lol dude epic
hang yourself

Keep posting then lad, I'm interested to see how badly the mod maker has fucked it up.

REEEEEEEEEEE this is what I dislike about vicky 2. Any gsg where I can have an ebin mongolia run?

CKII, though you're restricted to pretty late game.

Post /gsg/ music.
youtube.com/watch?v=uW6njIms9Og

Hoi4

youtube.com/watch?v=e6HPdNBicM8&feature=youtu.be

The first step for the Kuomintang is the reorganization of the Guomin Geming Jun along foreign lines, with full divisions supported by full brigades in turn, heretofore a luxury which an unproductive and disorganized China could not afford. Hastily-recruited farmers, elite cavalry from the north, and infantry trained properly at military schools in Nanjing are all forthcoming as part of this process of reorienting the Chinese Revolutionary Army.

Should I take lorraine and vosges? Inb4 Grobgermemiums, I just want an aesthetically pleasing western border.

Puppets.

Please tell me which graphics mod this is

EU4 can easily have a strong blobbing fun time.

plenty of powerful countries typically hate oirat, then you can blob into the steppe hordes to the east, then hope ming collapses early.

>ck2
Shan't
>hoi4
Babby tier. Ethiopia which people call """"hard""""" was easy as fuck

I'm just using MEIOU. Its pretty sexy by itself

My dynasty wont stop fucking dying to nothing.

is mayo and talex an improvment on vanilla? If so how?

Is MDIOU good? Stable?

What's the biggest difference?

>tfw to dumb for strategy games

I'm establishing a protectorate in Vietnam as we speak. They fattened up nicely.

Its in the AFP archive.

I actually changeownered a couple of provinces to see if it could look better. It did, but I reloaded a previous save because >cheating. I will probably take a couple of French provinces with changeowner in a future war though.

more decisions, more provinces, longer timeline, more mechanics, passive development (don't need to waste mana)
Its bretty good. I never experienced any crashes or bugs.

Yet more worrying to Republican officials who are aware of the issue is the current status of the Republic of China's officer corps, which will only suffer further with the introduction of additional men who will need formal leadership. Although Germany's HAPRO organization is helping to organize the education of the few officers that the Republic can muster, the issue is far from solved, and will continue to be for as long as new troops are being raised. Indeed, even Jiang spends long nights wondering if it is at all possible to reorient and expand the Guomin Geming Jun without actually weakening it, given the low number of literate men willing to serve.

Thankfully, this is less true for China's budding intelligentsia, who are all-too-willing to put forth their mental talents in service of the state (so long as they are paid, of course). Although far less institutionalized, well-educated, or supported by the government than in most Western countries, this intelligentsia--along with a few budding research organizations and manufacturing groups--will be absolutely essential for the reorientation of the Kuomintang that Jiang hopes to achieve. Although he does not personally interact with them, he is aware of much that they do. And for now, the orders are quite simple: reorganize the Republic's education system, reorganize and centralize the Republic's industrial production, and divert the entire remainder of the Republic's resources to modernizing the equipment and training of the Guomin Geming Jun.

What is the latest possible start date that you can Renavato Impirii do you think? I'm contemplating a LATE game start to see if it's possible.

Are there any good NON-1444 startdates for EUIV???

hoi3 or hoi4?

vic2

do you have a good physicist?

How many different permanent prosperity modifiers are there?

Thought I had them all for a bit then I got another.

vicI

Just a few days before the coming of the Year of the Rat, Chen Guofu proves himself at least somewhat useful, even if he is a corrupt power-monger. He comes to Jiang with a proposal: permit him to skim a significant proportion of the profits from industry for himself, and he will utilize his political power to enforce a massive centralization scheme which will give Jiang access to significant new reserves of resources and capacity. Although Jiang is loathe to agree to anything coming from a corrupt man--indeed, one who flaunts his own power in the face of the Premier of the Kuomintang!--he is also well-aware that the Republic is in need of these industrial resources more than she is in need of more infighting; reluctantly, Jiang agrees.

In the meanwhile, the Party's reform of educational systems within the Republic proceeds apace, and at the beginning of March Jiang is able to force through a significant grant to universities and research organizations throughout the Republic. While it is a paltry sum by Western standards, it is nevertheless much more support than any Chinese institution has had from the Republican state, and Jiang hopes that it will not only bring a sense of national pride and loyalty to the intelligentsia, but that it will serve to hurry his efforts to modernize the Guomin Geming Jun. A sense of urgency grips him, as if the hawks that surround the Republic might be beaten off by the threat of their arms alone. He knows it is not so, but the armies must be ready for the inevitable war regardless, whenever it shall come.

t. kurek

kurek is white and based

Download both and try them. I like HOI3 personally
Between 12 and 13, gotta get 'em all

I look at Italy and Greece and think everything is alright, but everything is fucked.

>turkish empire

>blue Romania
>blue Portugal
WRONG!

Although there are great fears about further expanding the army, both within the Kuomintang and in the peasant population (which fears repression and wanton burning, as they have experienced under the Warlords), there is little else that Jiang might do with the newly-gained industrial support he has acquired. And, unhappily, the Guomin Geming Jun is still primarily a militia force of farmers; she is in desperate need of true and well-trained infantry divisions, and, most critically, artillery support.

So, despite the risks associated with placing even more men in an army that already operates with half of the officer corps that it should, Jiang gives the authorization to construct one full Jun--in Chinese parlance an "Army," but by Western standards truly no more than a corps.

But most unusual of all, Jiang openly announces the armament and reform effort of the Guomin Geming Jun internationally.

does that say Danish-Norwegian Norway?

Yep, gotta love region names
That's just like your opinion mannnnnnnnn
They're orthodox too

darkest hour

want to play ck2
>any area I'm playing in is going to be directly affected in a way I like a lot by the upcoming patch/dlc, and it's apparently getting a release date upcoming monday (so probably released at earliest week after next) so I can't bring myself to play it any longer
>play some of it anyway since I thought of novel shit to do but it got boring before 1300 in every instance
>would really love to Abyssinia and chill but East Africa is straight fucked unless one blobs like hell and beats the shit out of whoever has Egypt/Mamluks
EUIV?
>new provinces n shit coming up
OK so stellaris was pretty cool last time I
>tons of new shit coming out "soon" for that as well
FUCK

What are the rightful borders of the Holy Roman Empire?

Atlantic to the Elbe