/bbg/ -- Bloodborne General

THIS THREAD DIED >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF (embed)

>(embed)

come to fc unless ur scared

2nd for Wheel a shit

The Doll is the best.

Anyone still FCing?

Yes.

I'm BL 90, can I still FC and which is the most popular one?
I'm at the Pthumerian one from the OP

we rotate every week more or less randomly, we're in isz right now but if you haven't gotten max gems yet you're probably going to have a bad time, level is less important

oh man i need this

It's literally a shitty version of the GECCO one

Fuck I haven't gotten Isz yet.

I honestly don't even care, I just want to try it out.

Trust me, you'll have more fun coming in prepared. There's always next week, and mensis/nf for pvp outside of fcs.

why is accursed ludwig hard as shit with ebrietas-tier instakill charges and manus jumps/combos and yet holy blade ludwig is a fuckin jobber
nigga cant hit 2 feet right in front of him

I just NG'd and I was really pumped for PvP.
Whatever I guess. If anyone wants to PvP a noob, I'm at the Pthumerian one from the OP

Ludwig's charges are braindead easy to dodge, though. I honestly don't think he's anywhere near as hard as people make him out to be. Sticking to the left is safe as fuck.

>tfw seriously debating getting a Bloodborne tattoo

please stop me

Get a Caryll ruin

If you do that, I will personally slap you, user.

Don't cheap out if you do. If you need to spend a lot of money to get a non-cringeworthy design, do it.

I just want the basic symbol, that upside-down kinda pitchfork thing.

>he doesn't want the milkweed rune somewhere on him
lmao do you even want to ascend

woah dude you could get the league rune and crush some worms or something

Someone please PvP with me

Are you getting it etched within your mind?

go and ring in mensis or nf for pvp

Do you want to be associated with all the bloodborne fags on V and wojack posters? And then 10 years from now you'll have to tell people how you got the tattoo because "I was young"

>wanting prople to think you have a pimp daddy whose name's initals are H.P.

Does RNG hate me? I'm been farming Amy for 3 hours, all I want is ATK, PHY and -Stam. I don't care if it's not 21%.

That's fairly specific. Of course it isn't going to be snappy.

going for specific secondaries as well as a specific curse is going to increase your time significantly, especially the curse part

Man, this Pthumerian Queen trophy is bullshit. Not even complaining about the fact that I have to beat the bosses on the way, just why the fuck would you lock a trophy behind walls of farming for fucking ingredients

Yeah, that's why I don't even care if it's not perfect gem.
Remember you only need to do it once, also best best echo farm to get to 200+. Bosses will be easier.

>farming materials for story CD's
Literally never have to unless it's for FRC roots

I have zero required materials for defiled and I have done up to Lower Pthumerian. Depth Four.

Did you explore alp side rooms in each layer?

That's because you have yet to do Ailing Loran, you beastly idiot.

I have no ritual blood 4 or anything.
Thought I had. Rerunning through the layers to check.

Do you just ignore side rooms or something? Empty out every dungeon you go through, do that ad you'll never have to farm. There's a few materials in the story too that you'll need to pick up. Also Ailing should be before Defiled, so get to Amy in Frontier if you haven't. Couple of materials there too.

Except, ya know, articulation and possibly more accessories.

Goggles or no?

No, but I've also rarely seen anybody use those goggles

Goggles makes him look like a gnome.

No goggles makes him look like a lel I'm so funny guise XD meme faggot character.

was gonna get the brand of sacrifice myself so cant really say im opposed to that. sounds pretty cool you should do it.

>No goggles makes him look like a lel I'm so funny guise XD meme faggot character.
What would you change? I'm always up for some criticism. (not changing the nose though, unless you want to suggest making it even bigger.)

Nothing, I'd wear the goggles.

Fuck why is everything in this game so ridiculously hard on NG+? I guess From intended for you to either keep levelling past a meta or just co-op.
It's not even a matter of being Demon's Souls hard on NG+, it's just that everything does absurd damage and takes a million hits to kill.

Keep the goggles. I think it makes the character.

Has anybody here been playing since launch?
What do you do in the game?
It can't have taken you that long to get Korean gems, right?

Yes
Co-op, PVP, FRC spelunking
No, it takes two weeks at most to complete a build. BLT Korean a bit longer just because of the farming. Most people have made many builds.

I've been playing since mid-December of 2015, you make new builds, you try different runs, go Korean for each one. You do co-op, I do tons of random SRRC stuff, it's just nice helping people. Some people also do invasions. I'm on my 11th playthrough now.

I'm two days clean, /bbg/.

I haven't farmed or spelunked in two whole days.

Been playing DaS3 and having a lot of fun.

I don't even miss farming or spelunking at all.

Really.

Totally fun.

Don't even miss it.

Honest.

you ok man?

Put down the gun

Well, NG+ suggests you are advancing beyond the NG stats, so yeah you have to keep leveling, but I found NG+ easy except for the hunter dude.

That said, you can't just slack off and use other weapons. You have to use your +10s.

Is the Das3 content even good? After they nerfed magic I haven't bothered with it.

The Nightmare swirls and churns unending, user.

Yo don't have to keep leaving but you do have to farm cds for gems

DaS3 content isn't bad. The village and the castle library feel like levels from Bloodborne. The bosses are generally pretty good and apart from half the game being gay rollswamps it has less bullshit than most Souls games.

I still think BB and DaS2 are better though.

You are right, I think. My NG+ run was just done to say I could and I didn't bother with gem farming. I probably would have had an easier time either getting good or farming gems, at the very least farming the brain jerks in the DLC.

DaS3 is a great game with multitudinous qualities.

My issue is that the builds are shit.

His left? Or my own left?

Why haven't you niggers posted the new statues from prime1???

Your left. Everything Lud in P1 is your left.

>the builds are shit
what does this mean

Why only once? What if he wants multiple?

Yeah, I've gotten up to NG+4 on a few characters. But I'm just doing TOH now and Ludwig is fucking murdering me. It's unlike anything else IMO.

Multiple what?

>dodging that leftward slash to the left

Hotglue when?

I only did NG+ TOH and the thing I remember most was OoK kicking in my nuts and serving them with beer.

But nothing in TOH is easy and at NG+4 good fucking luck buddy. Just remember Ludwig's henchman, the true hero of BB: Blood Vial Man!

I mean there is little variety and magic is shit. I went the entire game with magic and it was god awful straight to finish

Can confirm, magic is gimped to hell. I thought they might have buffed it with a patch.

Beyond that, I don't think the variety is that much worse or better than the average souls game.

Oh nevermind. I read that post wrong. :P

FC's over now right?

...fuck me...

Did we even try tonight?

Anyone wanna help me with Rom? Password is bbg

At least there was one. Last week there was literally nothing.

How the fuck do I kill winter lanterns
I hate that part before the mensis brain lever

Honestly just fucking run. Have a sedative on your quick use button.

yea ill be there

parrying gives you i frames. use the invincibility to dodge frenzy damage and kill them.

Fuck me, that was embarrassing. Ringing again by the gate.

Shit, I've been playing this game since launch and never understood what the point of using a shotgun over a pistol is, since they have garbage range and are slower to fire. Doesn't that make them much less effective for general combat and parrying? Are you meant to stagger enemies with them?

They're good for crowd control because of spread and they rarely miss. Pistols routinely miss parries.

Greater spread means you can catch dodging enemies off guard, and if timed correctly, it's a guaranteed parry. Also, fantastic stagger.

Ah, makes sense. I've always offhanded the Repeating Pistol with some BLT so I can put the heat on running players, but now that I'm doing a full ARC build I'll probably get more use out of them.

Did you do the CFR dungeons? NG+ is piss easy with proper gems and runes.

Thank you my dude.

Mostly for staggering and catching enemies, does better damage than an Evelyn close-range with a BSB gem and 50 Blt. Blunder isn't slower than the Pistol.

server died?

i got kicked off too

spam them with +10 Bowblade arrows

trust me, it works

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you all to get through Central Yharnam on your first run? It's pretty much agreed to be a big 'casual filter', and I know that I personally spent about an hour or two trying to get through there. I can say with confidence that it's the most brutal Souls tutorial.