/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread the cutest edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 02/18/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

First for best.

What did they mean by this?

First for crazy bandaged boys

This looks like a scene where the Body Discovery Announcement would play.

>Giant Junko

What did she say to that question?

I still only like him for his meme potential. But I don't think he's as deep of a character as people make him out to be around here.

And I forgot my pic

Xth for diabetes

Rantaro met Kaede.

>When you remember that you've left the stove on whilst murdering midgets

She said she scrubs her shoulder first or something. Though she almost had Boozeman thrown out by her guard because he was getting too deep into her shower routine.

Crippling depression for Kiibo. Why not?

To be honest a lot of the analysis for the DRV3 characters I've seen is English Literature class tier bullshit, especially considering that Kodaka's main intention when writing is to entertain.

saihara is a cuck.

Not pictured: Miu in a hospital bed due to blood loss from trying to make hers.

and I also misquoted the wrong post

>Due to the nature of how DR works, I fell like there is a lot of mishandling of characters in general because some characters aren't going to last as long as others, so you'll miss out on certain interactions that might make them better. For example, you could have Ishimaru and Leon as foils because of how they treat their talents and how much they are pretty much opposites on how much they value effort.

Mukuro is cute! CUTE!

>When you've burnt what was supposed to be this evening's dinner

Who thinks he's deep?
Wait, it's /drg/, why am I asking?
The worst character analysis has to be for Ouma though.

I've been wondering this about Ouma too. Is he really as deep as Oumafags make him out to be?

Lol now I really want these cds translated.

After reading that one Kodaka interview I can tell he's a huge troll. Pretty surprising but now I know why he loves bully characters so much.

>The cutest edition
>Mukuro
Kys

>Be Saihara
>Chapter 1 Clear!
>Your self esteem plummets as a result of Kaede's death
>One day Korekiyo comes to you in the night asking if he could have sex with you to get rid of his pent up desires
>You agree to make yourself useful
>Breakfast next morning, everybody informs you that Korekiyo told them everything
>They ask if you could help them satisy their desires as well
>You agree
>It becomes routine, every time you go to breakfast the nearest person picks you up, fucks you, and passes you onto the next one waiting eagerly
>It escalates as the days pass
>They start treating you as an object meant to be used and thrown away, and act as if you're not part of the conversation
>Now it's not just breakfast, wherever you are someone will stop you and demand a fuck
>You aren't allowed to come anymore, and if you do they put a vibrator into your ass and turn the settings up to maximum
>Your room always has to be unlocked so you're freely accessible at all times
>They eventually stop asking and whenever they see you just automatically bend you over without your permission
>When you begin to protest they get a gag and slam it around your mouth
>As time passes you become mentally depedent on this treatment, you start to see yourself as public property
>You gradually accept that this is your life now
>They find it tiresome that they need to go and find you when they want a fuck, so Iruma makes a tight metal collar for you
>They chain you to the middle of the living room with metal chains and handcuffs when not in use
>Just for 'decency' your old clothing is on you but Tsumugi made multiple adjustments so it's extremely loose on your body
>Your owners constantly get into disputes over you
>"Ugh, Ouma, you were with it last! I need to give it food so it doesn't die on us!"
>No murder has happened for weeks
>One day Tsumugi is fucking you when she suddenly stops
>"I framed Kaede."
>You scream around the gag as she resumes

I bully Saihara out of love.

>The worst character analysis has to be for Ouma though.

This x 100. I swear they'll come up with worse shit than Komaeda at this rate.

No. He's some mindhacced normie that got turned into mini Junko. That's it.

What do you think? No. He has a lot of hints and little things that make it so you can drop a ton of theory about how he's actually playing 4D chess but at best he's as fleshed out as Komaeda. Interesting, but not that deep.

When you get down to it, it was also Tsumigi's intention when she gave everyone those personalities. She's got an audience to keep interested after all. IT'S FICTION, I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN IT.jpg

He's pretty deep because no one really knows what he thinks, thus people have room to speculate

Kaede needs to teach Miu how to make chocolate safely.

Don't bully the Mukurofags.

Saiharawriter, your writing is shit.

Kodaka said he wrote him to purposefully not be sure what's truth and lie about him, so there is some theorizing that's supposed to be done. But he's not a marine trench here.

Komaeda tier, probably.

Just because no one knows what he thinks doesn't make him deep. It makes him mysterious and easy to speculate about.

Some of these meetings get me laughing.

I'm an Oumafag but I don't know how to feel about English Literature tier analyses of him. I mean, he did pull some pretty zany bullshit in the main game, but I just don't feel like Kodaka was looking into it that much.

I guess I can just pray he doesn't become a meme character in future side material like Hopeman.

That doesn't make him deep or Amami would be deep too.

I admittedly haven't written anything in a year or two, and i'm not very good in the first place

Practice makes perfect?

kek
Cutest boy! I want to hug him.

It should a crime to be this cute

Honestly a robot with a Komaeda AI would be interesting, especially if it starting acting like he would in the name of HOPE.

It's okay, I fapped to it

What do they talk about?

Point taken, but since his motivations are so ambiguous and are not about muh hope or muh despair, there is room for depth, if so one chooses to interpret

We could theorize on everyone. Doesn't make them deep.

>it

If we take SDR2 Hopeman then this encounter is not going to end well.

What would his meme status be? Constant stupid jokes and "lol uso da yo"? Then he gets choked out by Maki. Great laffs all around.

She's the absolute cutest though

>cancerous saiakafag back at full force already

Kiibo could have easily been a robotic Hopeman.

As an AI, he might consider hope to be something different from what everyone else thinks.

But user, Kiibo is!

What makes a character "deep", then? Everyone can be theorized about, but clearly some characters have more layered motivations and personalities than simpler characters, like Gonta or Tenko.

But his idea of hope was the audience's so it wasn't something different from what everyone else though. So it was more of a Makoto-style hope.

She's busted up shit.

If anything, him and Amami are hanging threads that will probably get LNs dedicated to what they were like pre-game and will hopefully attempt to shed some light into the kind of person they are.

Which'll be interesting, though I worry that they may just turn Amami into the next Chiaki in that he's revealed to have done absolutely nothing wrong to survive and everyone loved him.

>just two posts
>"t-they're back at full force!"

Why are you so mad, user?

Shit pair. Saihara should just continue being an onahole for the male cast.

Take your pick

>batshit yandere for saihara
>hopeman 2.0 except for despair
>USO DA YO for no reason
>Getting choked by Maki or punched by Kaito every two seconds
>puns. neverending stupid puns.

Some characters have more layered motivations and personalities, but those motivations and personalities actually have to be directly acknowledged and attributable to the character versus simply speculated about, which is what most of the stuff going on with Ouma is.

He's not mentally insane like Komaeda, though.

Kiibo wanted everyone to live, instead of just aiming for the greatest hope.

I know, I was just thinking about what his character could have been. A hypothetical.

Normie!Saihara is such a meme character I'm starting to think he was going to be a rival before Kodaka made him beta detective.

>Which'll be interesting, though I worry that they may just turn Amami into the next Chiaki in that he's revealed to have done absolutely nothing wrong to survive and everyone loved him.

I hope to god not. Just let him be that smart, cunning chill guy who could be nice at times but will do things for his own benefit.

kek
Unless he plays a main part in the plot/is the mc of whatever material he shows up in he's pretty much doomed to being meme material. His personality is too much about making things happen and affecting the plot.

Give me the puns

Saihara is for tender loving, not for raping!

This NormieSaihara meme is so annoying .

It's just fetish and despair fuel. He's not that much of a character anyway, it's only like a 3 minute video right? And then fans ran away with it.

>Ouma had prepared what seems to be a 200~300 page script for Momota to pretend to be him.

>Ouma predicted every possible situation and made a multi-route to adapt to all circunstances.

Pretty much, just pretended to take things seriously and then USO DA YO I WAS ONLY PRETENDING!'

Why don't you like the crazy DR fan normie, user?

There's a difference between speculation and retroactively going back through the game after knowing the "truth" of his motivations and seeing his actions in a different light because of it and seeing the resulting motivations from them.

I'd wait until we have a full translation of the game to make a real judgement on the quality of his character, personally.

Shit like that makes me like him less, it puts him on Junko levels of analysis bullshit. I'm just glad he's dead.

>and still failed

I lose my shit at this image every fucking time

t. 200-page analysis Oumafag

>Ouma predicted every possible situation and made a multi-route to adapt to all circunstances.

Which doesn't mean shit.

Which V3 has THE BEST memes?

Is it a reference to something?
I've had that image for a while so I don't remember how I got it.

>Mukuro OP

Based taste

Simpler times.

Tulpaman

Not to mention this dude looks like he stepped out of a yaoi or otome game. Shit taste, Oumafags.

Tenko isn't really that simple. Angie on the other hand is.

>being this paranoid

Less simpler times.

Thanks for the rare Mukuro

sup /drg/?
Wanna see my new Ipod background?

Someone post that wedding Saiaka picture 500 times.

I still want to know when wrote this, because there are basically only two options which make no sense.

1. Before literally any of the shootings happened, when Ouma had "secured" his place as the MM and stopped the game. This is the most likely time since he had a few days but a. how would he know the exact circumstances of a hypothetical trial, b. how did he know momota would be on board and c. why would he prepare a script when he didn't think he would die as the killing game had ended?

2. He wrote it after getting shot/teaming up with Kaito and before going to the press (therefore knowing the circumstances of his trial), which means he wrote 300 pages in under a few hours while dying of poison and bleeding out.

the fuck

>Terrorist
kek

>>>//trash//

Being simple isn't bad. You don't need to have complex motivations to impact the plot and cause an impression.

Complexity is overrated.

DR3 wasn't a trainwreck and all the characters of V3 weren't wasted potential.

Also survivors were just right for V3.

>framed for a crime
o i am laffin