/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Read the following line edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell is OUT
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1569348-Rank-Changes-in-Y2S1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t08RN2yPJik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is literally nothing wrong with using Reddit.

Depends on the subreddit

>user in your channel was kicked from the server

Anyone happen to know the exponent factor for xp needed for the next level? I assume the amount needed is an exponential.

montagne or blitz?

The comments are basically youtube level and everyone there takes credit for someone else's work

get the fuck out

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of his flashes, but it's still possible to shoot Blitz directly through his shield.

Depends. Montagne is helpful all around, He can do good with a coordinated team and without one. Blitz can do okay without a coordinated team but in high levels of play he's essentially useless because people can either aim past your shield or even if you flashbang them they can keep firing and have a chance to kill you or run away before you can follow up. Montagne will be helpful in higher levels of play even though both of them have some clipping issues right now.

Where would you take IQ on a date?

MODS

>consulate garage defense
>be last Jäger standing because everyone else couldn't resist peeking through the mirror that got twitched 30 seconds into prep phase
>monty and fuze on enemy team
>monty is already in objective while fuze pushes yellow stairs
>run to white van and pop fuze
>get capped by monty because I dared to look away from him for the second it took me to spray his mate
I admit that was pretty stupid, but I still don't get how I'm supposed to duel around a monty if the enemy isn't TKing him due to bad aim
do I just keep him between me and the enemy at all times while hoping to win a peek duel with erratically moving cover?
I feel like I'm missing some mlg pro strat against that kind of situation I

*stalks behind you*
>nothin personnel kid

Probably a mall food court, she'd have a great time people watching considering she knows what device they're on, and could probably figure out what they're doing on it. plus she'd know someone else or I am wearing a butt plug

who dis

>tfw you're in ranked and get dropped into a map you have turned off in preferences

What are your guys take on KBM users on console?

happens more often than not

I think preferences are broken

Hey /r6g/, an update on the shotgun analysis. Finished off all the pump actions for now until I can get more than one person for Rook armor tests, and that will be to test if Rook armor even makes a difference in the max kill ranges for 1 and 2 armors. Tonight I'll finally start working on semi-autos and finding out just how garbage they really are.

As you might have expected, you shouldn't be using the ITA-12S outside of point blank. The wide spread had trouble killing a one armor while aiming down sights at 5m. One thing that surprised me is that a 2 armor was killed at 4m, only having 3 out of 8 pellets hit. Usually when I see 4 out of 8 pellets hit there's a good chance they're still standing.

If you would like to help fill out this spreadsheet and eventually have a video on the subject released, please join the co-op games room in the teamspeak. I can't do this alone and I'm especially in need of a group to facilitate testing Rook armor on recruits. You don't need a mic to participate.

To the local mosque inshallah

REEEEEEEEEE

Don't care

If you play on Console there's a 99% chance you don't take the game seriously anyway

And if you're in the 1% that does, you're an idiot

>Giving the memers (You's)
Doc would be disappointed.

so i just got to article 5 in situations, and this cinematic was fucking sweet.

all the cinematics have been dank

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT OH MY GOD

It looks like the SAS shotgun is the best of the bunch, I thought it would have been the worst of all pumps.

Is that gender bent polish glaz?

>disconnected from host
4 fucking times now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Their gender will be as bent as their bolt.

>IQ
No thanks

Am I going to get raped if I enter a random group on ts?

Nobody I know irl wants to play siege with me :(

>Guy who died 10 seconds into the round starts talking shit when you don't clutch

I could help you with running the tests, if I don't have to install Teamspeak (or any other program).

I know this feel far too often.

Add crabwisdom on uplay and I'll invite you right away.

pic related

A concept art or rule 63 Glaz

It was behind the polish flag in the velvet shell asset pack

We shouldn't go by the silhouettes anyway. The first operator behind the Spanish flag has an American patch

I want to git gud with Buck any advice appreciated.

I also have two specific questions

How come destroying trapdoors is so inconsistent? Sometimes I need one shot sometimes I need two with the skeleton key.

Do I have to git gud with the C8? It seems to be what the pros are using but my performance with the CAMRS is just so much better.

Mind finding the speed at which all the pump actions cycle, as well as reload times?

From what I've seen, trapdoors tend to break more consistently if you fire at them from the side, at a low angle. It's like they're triggered to break by how much of their model is broken away, and firing at a surface from the side at a shallow angle with a shotgun tends to deal the most damage.

i think it's about pellet spread, isnt it?

I think it just adds on a little bit of XP per each level.

e.g level 100 = 50000xp
level 101 = 50500xp

(these aren't the actual values)

I'm pretty sure trapdoor destruction relies on hitting the beams. So you don't want to be on top of it when you shoot it.

I remember in season 1 they sold both characters for a discounted bundle of like 35-40k renown.

Do they still have that for the characters?

Just don't play ranked. I played solo last season and got stuck in elo hell

Apparently the CAMRS has a ridiculous firecap, so you can macro it up to like 800 RPM, which is just about where the C8 is.

Unfortunately no. It was the JTF2 bundle and it was the first and only one they've released. They probably stopped doing it since they realized they were making the season pass's worth questionable since players were able to buy both operators at a discounted renown price.

Alright faggots since we're getting a minimum of 50 operators what countries do you want to see for year 3?

>game looks better on console than it does on my PC

What settings do you guys play on?

low
australia

It can't be Hell. ELO is Heaven.

youtube.com/watch?v=t08RN2yPJik

Ultra on everything except for
Ambient Occlusion Off
DOF Off
MultiSample AA Off

Took those off to stop the blurry look the game has

Literally had 2 guys say I was trash but I was last man standing and gotten a kill when they didnt

sweden

I agree they would be cool I also would like italy, sweden, and Serbia or Israel for year 3

What BOPE should I get first

More germans with mg3 and stg44

ghillie suit OP when?

Names will be Carolus and Rex

Hey anons, this is your pilot, jager, speaking. Hope your having a great flight! We'll be at our destination never, because this ride never ends!

Is our next destination Hong Kong? One of those Spanish people you picked up keeps trying to take off peoples shoes

weird that they havent added any arabic countries yet, but sweden would be a great start

Besides the fact that the 'hot' topics are normally some of the most game breaking bugs that this game has to offer and the comments are full of people sucking that ubicock making a meme out of things that are ruining this game. Nope. Nothing wrong at all. I love being discouraged from booting the game up.

>spawning outside still not patched

Q u a l i t y
C o n t r o l

Israel not being in the game wouldn't make sense to me seeing as how they are arguably to most popular arabic CTU

they are working on it ))

Personally I perfer Caveria I her guns are great espically her pistol. Her interrogation move is nice if you perform a interrogation on a attacker it reveals the position of all the other attackers momentarily. Last night I used her in a match and I did that to a attacker and my teammates were able to take out the other guys quickly so if you git gud with her she's great

Does the Siege community have any cute girls? I only play games with cute girls.

I am a cute girl.

The Republic of Texas.

Capitao if you want an operator who is so useful he is practically mandatory.

Caveira if you want an operator who is super fun and makes you forget about wanting to kill yourself when grinding the next op.

Defender: Alamo

Attacker: Ranger

I'd play it.

The stars at night, are big and bright.

am I just unlucky or is casual only plats/diamonds?

i've been trying to learn this game but it's depressing when i'm constantly thrown into new maps and facing level 180+ plats all the time

I tried setting my map preference to only 2-3 maps so I can learn faster but it keeps throwing me into random maps

Remember to sit up straight!

operator who uses propane tanks as an explosive....I like it

eventually it will just click, thats really all there is to it

>red and white
POLISH GLAZ CONFIRMED

Once you get into plat/diamond there is no longer any reason to play ranked. You are already at your peak. You're just going to be stressed running into hackers, premades, and streamers looking to be the best at this game.

So you just go to casual and pub stomp the shit out of people that suck. Why would you queue in a Beta™ game mode to face people of your skill level when you have a 9/10 chance of being able to crush people in casual?

Ranked is legitimately only good for people who are bad at this game. It lets them play vs other bad people and not have to worry about what I said above.

Are the character renders at the character screen all just 3d models?

Because Pulse's head looks so real

once i got to plat last season i just went back to casual. i wasnt putting up with the pre made bullshit and terrible match making and bugs of ranked anymore. i made it 4 ranked matches in this season and just cashed out of that game mode. besides once you get high gold it should tell yoyu that you are at least competent in the game and can handle yourself in casual without needing to bring lube with you ever game.

I might test those too.

>WHEN CAN i GET MY SERBIAN OPERATORS PLZZZZZ

They're not broken.
You're not guaranteed to not play that map, the game just takes it into consideration when selecting a map. If everyone in the lobby has it toggled off, they will definitely not play that map.
Game mode preferences guarantee you won't play that game type.

DONT STRAFE AS MONTANGE

>Yeah, let me just disguise myself as a mass of grass and twigs in this urban environment. Enemies will never see me coming.

Plenty

Exactly the same car than me! (Citroen Xsara Break on white)

Fuck you, I'll strafe all I want and still get mad when you shoot me in the back of the head

Sorry for taking so long to respond to you, passenger. I'm a flight attendant here to answer your questions and help you. Yes, we are stopping in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure if that's next or later.

So now that Siege is a huge success, has 10 million players and is getting 50 operators Ubisoft are going to make operator videos for the DLC operators, right?

Found the source image.
>concept art for the new operators have been behind the flags this entire time

Operator who can build their own walls

Y/N

>armpit hair
ruined

and i have an armpit fetish lol

I NEED TO RELOAD

This is Air Control Hong Kong is indeed your next destination. over.

Is that Twitch's VA?