I have a serious query, o/tistas

I have a serious query, o/tistas.

Are there any small, sensible city cars that have a decent engine? Toyota Aygo's, or those wimpy Hyundai i10 all come out with a 1.0 or a 1.2L engine, either 3 or 4 cylinder, some are turbocharged, some not. Whatever.

They claim they're so green they will mend the ozone layer and that they will do a million miles to the gallon - both of which they obviously don't (yes i was exaggerating, but the principle still stands). But anyway, that's not the point of this thread...

My query is, are there any city cars with a decent, 1.4L+, n/a engines in said shitty little tinny city cars?

Piss easy mode - no mention of CO2, and mpg's don't matter as much.

Picture unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/100800-project-lupo-23-v5-engine-conversion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This weird little thing came with a 1.6l FSI engine at some point.

Doesn't look as small as some of the modern stuff, but that still looks slick.

Yeah, it's a bit bigger than let's say an Aygo in every way, but not by much. The biggest difference is in length, where it adds like 40cm.
Wheelbase is almost identical though.

A Aygo isn´t even that slow, these cars are over 100kg lighter than a MX-5.
You ounlye have to rev it to get full power.

Can't forget about this qt. 1.6l NA engine, rev-happy as fuck, and a great chassis to boot.

>A Aygo isn´t even that slow
>0,076 hp/kg

Toyota Matrix (2ZZ-GE version)

It has a pretty good powerband, it reaches max torque @3600rpm and has maximum power untill 6400rpm.

Also a 4A-GE swap is possible.

>It has a pretty good powerband, it reaches max torque @3600rpm and has maximum power untill 6400rpm.
None of this matters because a car with a 0,076hp/kg power to weight ratio is SLOW AS SNAIL

WINNER.

It's only 90cm larger than an Aygo according to Wikipedia. Thought they were larger, huh.

>Also a 4A-GE swap is possible.
Wait, what?
I know this shouldn't surprise me as Toyota hates change so they use the same engine family for a long fucking time, but what?

And the Twingo RS, with incredibly similar specs.

Although that sounds hilarious, a 4A-GE would be a bit stupid in a city car to be used in daily traffic. Sure, you could shove a V6 from an Accord in there if you try hard enough, but I'm asking about cars that came with large'ish engines in relatively small'ish cars from factory.

You can shove everything anywhere if you try hard enough, and know what you're doing. There are people putting 2.9L VR6 in VW Fox's. Anything's possible.

Heard the RS was a bit harsh for everyday use, though. Still nifty.

It is possible and it is insanely overpowered.
I´ve seen a 20V blacktop in a 107 (same car)

Since the 4A-GE makes its power in the high rev range, you can still controll your power if you tay in the lower rpm.
Also a V-6 engine woudln´t fit under the hood.

Mazda 2. It's a cute, handles like a race car, gets like 35mpg. It's powered by 100hp 1.5l and weighs 2300lbs, so it's not undrivably slow.

>they will do a million miles to the gallon
An Aygo does that

>handles like a race car
Well this is how you out yourself as never having even sat in a race car.

>Heard the RS was a bit harsh for everyday use
There's also the GT, which has a turbo'd 1.2 and puts out 100hp.

>Being this autistic
Will this of how you out yourself as never have even sat in a Mazda 2.

That sounds hilarious.

>There are people putting 2.9L VR6 in VW Fox's
How about a VR5 in a Lupo?
forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/100800-project-lupo-23-v5-engine-conversion/

My 107 (Aygo) gets my about 60 mpg in burger units.(3,9L/100km)
Its acceleration is decent since it has this insanely broad powerband as already mentioned.
Also it has a verry simple engine with a chain driving the camshafts and it will even take 15W40 shitbox dino oil.
(I use 5W30 anyway)
I´ve tryed to go wangan with it, while the tachometer only shows 170km/h, I measured up to 176km/h with my gps.
Funny thing tho, it gets more silent at speeds above 140km/h.

Slightly unrelated but, holy fuck the Lupo came with a 1.6L from factory, 123bhp. Didn't expect the Germans to shove large engines in tiny cars. Thought it was gonna be some limited edition Japanophilic tin can. I'm pleasantly surprised.

>the Lupo came with a 1.6L from factory, 123bhp
Huh, didn't know that or I'd just have mentioned that instead of the A2. 123hp isn't bad either for such a tiny car.