/fhg/ - For Honor general

Knights are canonically polytheistic pagans edition

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Patchnotes:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

>Hero guides[2/12]:
Multiple hero video guides: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr
Conqueror: pastebin.com/d3qQXKGa
Kensei: pastebin.com/i91gtgbH

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Damage Value spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmKl3bGjqCo
pastebin.com/Rup4Z4BJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peacekeeper is cute

tell me how orochi isn't broken again

How was your day being THE LAW?

nth for HOW TALL ARE THE CHARACTERS?!

no she's utterly disgusting and should probably be removed from the game easy to kill tho free wins every time

Worth it or not for Personal Computers?

here's how

youtube.com/watch?v=UmKl3bGjqCo

How do you fight Orochis as LB

Smut fags btfo'd

Why is he?

Knights better stop deploying war assets against the great vikings if they don't want to feel odin's wrath

it doesn't matter, in the late 1800s someone had to be 5'9 to be a police officer in London and that was considered quite tall

Reminder that Kensei is balanced with absolutely zero shitty gimmicks. If a Kensei beats you, then you just got outplayed.

>fighting a Lawbringer Bot in brawl

Jesus, I don't see how he could possibly kill you

what else would you play it on, a supersized calculator?

What a coincidence, watch this

NEED ANTI BERSERKER TIPS

Who /vanguard/ here

Consoles usually have a wider player base my ninja

Peacekeeper is fuckmeat property of Raider and Warlord
Warden is fuckmeat property of Valkyrie

Reminder that Orochi is a perfectly balanced character because his block doesn't last forever.

If you can deal with uPlay and probably have access to a controller then sure.
I personally bought it for PS4 solely for those reasons and that this isn't the kind of game I want to sit at a desk and play for hours.

武士に対して戦争資産を配備しないでください

I'm considering playing Lawbringer ironically, since all the good classes are gay as fuck.

pretty good, makin' shitty wardens salty

I wanna be you.

Did anyone mention the quick zone thing you can do with Kensei that pawnce found recently? Actually makes the attack useful in duel.

i used to be but im a hybrid now *WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Just got my shit pushed in by a Conqueror. Any tips fighting them? I spent a bit of time practicing the parry timing, mostly play Kensei and Berserker, and lost the fight as Zerker.

I seriously hope you guys don't make emblems like this

LB mains how do you deal with people who can guard break counter?

Why is dodge so poorly designed? Dodge should beat guard break and lose to sweeping attacks. Not lose to guard break and invincibility frame through every attack

>Any tips fighting them?
don't use your face to block the flail

I've been using it for super armor and anti grabs

Just got the game. What difficulty should I play the campaign at, and how hard is the hardest difficulty?

he isnt compared to PK but he's still le top light or zone attack mixup nigger

So you unlock and use zone attack, and relock to cancel it?

So why doesn't gb work when someone's heavy attacking? They're wide open for it. What a goofy mechanic.

Also, why does Skirmish exist and why isn't there a 1v1v1 mode where each player is randomly assigned a faction?

because its a guard break, not an attack break

Lawbringer here, looking for some tips.

I have trouble with Nobushi and Orochi. Nobushi is really hard to parry, her attacks are incredibly fast. Orochi dodges to the left after I counter him with my unblockable and go in for a strike. It seems I can't parry in time for that left counter strike.

Realistic
pretty easy

Realistic is the hardest but it's not too bad, just turns off the HUD that let's you know where to guard from.

Realistic isn't fun, only play it if you really need those cosmetics. The game isn't meant to be played with no hud

But if I shoved you while you're raising your arms up, you'd get shoved. You wouldn't just ignore it.

Yeah, a lot of the time if I know someone is going to go for a committed attack (side step, pk leap etc I will use the armor to trade thru into a cancel and followup. But this makes it pretty useful on the offensive and kensei really needs some quicker offensive shenanigans.

Lock camera to assure you're facing them, then unlock and turn backwards as you zone (you wanna turn back first, but its kinda at the same time) then you cancel immediately, you don't have to lock to do the cancel

Really been enjoying all of the people who are blocking lights after getting parried.

pastebin.com/Rup4Z4BJ

I mention it in my kensei guide.

It's pretty difficult to use, but you can punish guardbreaks on reaction and beat out an assassin light spammer.

How do I fight roaches as Shugoki?

Nobushi is literally unplayable when 90% of the playerbase is Orochi. slow light attacks that can only attack straight ahead can't fight against a character with good range and the ability to attack while dodging whose heavy attacks come out faster than the Nobushis light attacks.

People don't know about the combo potential of Lawbringer man, most people are just used to him spamming guard break and pommel bash. If you can get that shove and heavy, then it's time for the blender.

It's a game.
That's why lightly armored assassins can beat full chain and plate knights and viking axes clip through their heads.

SO we all know that leaving after one match is the shittiest thing you can do in this game right!

what are roaches?

there is no turk class in this game?

>parrying with lawbringer
block shove guardbreak is the way to go

I dont speak Japanese

why would you want to make guardbreaks easier to land in a game where a succesful guardbreak can lead to a guaranteed kill? changes like these may seem minor to you, but they'd have huge consequences in how people play and change the entire meta

Don't listen to this. Guard breaks open up your combos. By parrying you're guarenteed a side heavy into shove, which opens up your combos.

I love that bow, but I really don't want to spend 3k on an emote.

I actually think the entire gb mechanic is terrible and shouldn't be in the game. I'm just a salty-ass shitposter.

>parry a kensei
>try to GB him
>he's out of range
>im just there cause my parry failed
>kensei can do whatever he wants

Who thought this was a fucking good idea

了解しました、ヴァルグどの。

No-gear 4v4 matchmaking when?

If you're not able to grind for two hundred hours you may as well not play any 4v4 modes because we're getting to the point that every other match is gear score 108 dudes who kill you in two attacks.

I want to start playing Valk
What should I know?

>block shove guardbreak
the shove doesn't guarantee a GB, any decent Nobushi will either GBC or dodge out of the way

Has anyone made a black samurai?

>Shugoki at the top of a tower with death pits everywhere
This campaign is exhausting.

I know that good feeling. This literally just happened in my last match.

Don't start combat, wait for them to. Use your shoves to fuck with them. Shove > Light in the opposite direction is pretty good. If they are a retard that can't counter gb, block 1 attack, shove, gb heavy. Lawbringer is fuck all if they can counter gb though since nothing combos for him out of shove. Even long arm only goes into a shitty light attack.

Lawbringer is the king of "Nothing will happen in this fight unless I will it."

Do not listen to this. You can counter GB the shove>gb

>pastebin.com/Rup4Z4BJ
Oh cool, good guide.

What are your thoughts on the conq matchup? I feel like when I fight a decent conq he has to get bored to let me win, I always do damage on the counter-offensive (whiffing into 2nd chain stabs, side steps, lucky throw into wall where he doesnt gbc etc) or thru heavy conditioning.

Buff Raider.

It was pretty gud

no

So what is the timing after a parry for the GB? Half the time I just whiff and get reversed GB'd

Before you are even allowed to ask for anyone to be buffed, you should be required to play lawbringer against someone that can counter guard break to see how good you actually have it.

That's what I like.

Right after you get grabbed when it makes the "thunk you just got grabbed" sound.

>still not linking old threads

You have to play differently depending on your opponent and if you're good enough you can last longer than anyone in 4v1 with the right revenge gain gear.
killed the entire enemy team and one of them twice but they kept reviving and I ran out of steam but whew lad did I feel like an angel of Odin
I wish my team had been alive to come give me back up but I'm not salty about being ganked in Elimination unless they specifically run from the first battle and group up like a bunch of pussies spamming buffs.

>hidden stance has 50 frames of start up with 5 frames of invincibility

how could they make a move so completely useless?

just press the button asap
if you are lucky you'll do a kind of dash GB even as characters with 0 range guardbreaks like warlord

>quicker offensive shenanigans.
everyone does

Warden is TOP TIER because he has TWO options top light, and Zone attack which counts as a gap closer AND a mix up

Orochis

They call them roaches because they have a high tendency to flee 1v1 combat when they're losing.

>revenge mode still hasn't been removed from the game yet

>play valk vs lawbringer
>he's good enough to parry my light stabs into the overhead heavy
>game turns into a shove vs shieldslam match

i barely won but goddamn

also i don't think valk even gets a punish from parry against law so that is also fun

Nice numbers. Did you shit them out your ass?

>4v4
>Dueling another Lawbringer
>He revenges me twice

Nobushi here that constantly gets fucked by good Lawbringers.

How do you counter his shove?

it's definitely longer than five frames, unless i am some kind of god at timing that shit

Fuck off shitter

So my computer kerploded the day of release. New parts coming in tomorrow. Has any faction managed to attack a capital? What happens if so. Im lookin at faction map online right now, have Vikings been wrecking the whole time?

>Lawbringer, the Counter-Attacker is your opponent
>What Ubisoft expected would go through your mind: holy shit I better do some good mix-ups in my combos so he doesn't predict everything and punish me with his brutal counter attacks
>What is actually going through your mind: lol

Warden, Conquerer, Peacekeeper, Raider, Warlord, Berserker, and Orochi can all be guard broken after either their light or heavy attacks are parried.
Lawbringer, Valkyrie, Kensei, and Shugoki can be guard broken after their light attacks are parried but not if their heavies are parried.
Nobushi cannot be guard broken after either a light or heavy is parried.

(unless theyre against terrain like a wall, then the above doesnt apply and the parry wiill always connect)

I don't know why, but I'm 100% winrate against Orochis as Lawbringer.
Parry shit and guardbreak my dawg, don't let 'em hit you ever.

if you didn't know everyone apart from assassins can dodge LB's overhead parry follow up even if it's from a light

>Teammates standing 15 feet away watching me get ganked, patiently awaiting their own ganking
What the fuck? Someone explain the logic of this to me.

wouldn't Varg play the berserker?

Literally press the dodge button.

Buff Lawbringer

>could parry everything in beta on PC
>can't on console
Did something happen? Is it the framerate messing with me? I'm usually doing them early too though, which is weird.

>Nobushi cannot be guard broken after either a light or heavy is parried.
But you know... Not OP right?

why do you even need to counter his shove, it's not like he can do anything with it

just dodge the long arm or break the guard break that comes after

idk but guardbreak was overhauled inbetween beta and release

there's no reason for it to be in 1v1