darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_slang_terms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

help, what do I bring?

You're in no position to fight him, send your level 6 guys and just retreat from the fight immediately.

Don't do it, you'll get fucked.

Put the link from the old thread next time OP

>just retreat from the fight immediately.
Doesn't that kill one of your guys at random like Darkest Dungeon?

For this Also, you lose 2 upgrade levels from buildings if you let them pillage your hamlet.

Then just send some level 0 guys off the stagecoach and retreat.

are you guys just memeing me?

If you skip the quest, he destroys your buildings. If you fail or retreat, he leaves you alone. You can't retreat without losing a hero, so bring people you don't care about to it.

but is he that hard? I mean I'm already level 6, how much stronger am I even going to get?

I just went in with a level 6 crew GR-Occ-BH-MoA and ended with 2 on death's door and my BH dead. Wiping was a legit possibility.

Your guys already have stress issues, they're all gonna get triggered, possibly before you even get to Vvulf.

Speaking of which...
Is the stagecoach broken?

Week 72
>Jester
>Vestal
>Vestal
>Houndmaster
>Plague Doctor

Week 73
>Vestal
>Vestal
>Jester
>Plague Doctor
>Leper

Week 74
>Plague Doctor
>Vestal
>Jester
>Occultist
>Plague Doctor

My coach is literally about 80% vestals, jesters and plague doctors, with the occasional occultist thrown in

I've gone 40 weeks now with no replacement Arbalest, no replacement Highwayman, and no replacement Bounty Hunter

And now that my last surviving BH just got ganked by Vvulf I don't think I'm going to get another one.

i literally have not seen an abomination more than once since i started the game, and i'm 60+ weeks in

theres a setting in the menu called stagecoach deck I think, turn that off, it makes healers appear more than they should.

All your level six heroes have fairly high amounts of stress, while the event's enemies and boss deal heavy stress damage. You'd be risking affliction or heart attacks going in with them now. I also wouldn't suggest doing it for your first time without a man-at-arms, the boss has a very high damage attack that can easily take heroes to death's door from full HP if it crits. Guarding is extremely valuable during the fight.

Is the wiki accurate about the Radiant mode changes? I've heard different things about it so I'm not sure what's true or not.

I think everything other than
>Random Hunger Checks do not occur in Radiant Mode, but Food Provision cost increased to 125 and stack sized decreased 6 to compensate
is correct.

So there's no increases gold gains or smaller maps? Don't remember where I heard that from.

gold stacks across all modes have increased as a balance change

ANYTHING inside a dungeon is completely unchanged, just remember it that way

Radiant mode just lowers requirements for almost everything

>first fight in a cove dungeon
>thrall, ghoul, ghast
>party surprised
>ghoul's howl gives two heroes the worries
Well that was a fast quest.

Yeash, that's rough.

I brought a crappy party, but they did pretty good.

I have 1 Hero Slot Left. What hero should I look out for? I have pretty much 2 of every class sans Grave Robber (Not much spawns), Abomination (1 is already a pain to upgrade skill-wise), and Antiquarian (I rarely ever use her outside when I really need money)

Goddamn it.

Kill his ass.

>free 45k

I survived! Does he only summon raiders? Cause if he summoned anything else it would've been rough there were two heart attacks later trying to 100% the map, rip

A Vestal, as healers are always useful.

Is there a way to find out the crit rate of your heals?

These are the only guys I got who can do a novice level quest, so I'll just chuck them at this nigger crow and see how it turns out.

all heals have a 12.5% (1/8) chance to crit, and I believe your crit rate doesnt affect it

Nah, the big threat is the bomb. Guy got a 71 crit on my MoA when I fought him.

Damn, this guy's theme music is sweet. Looks like this guy likes to steal phat beats too. Makes me look forward to what new music might be in the DLC.

I kind of cheesed it with that rank 4 shield + Guard so the bombs did single digits. But man those random encounters were so much more horrifying than Vvulf since I couldnt dps them fast enough with this build

This was a green level crow, so it looks like it the nest didn't cough up as many gems as I was hoping.

Why does Occ's stab tend to hit for so much damage and crit so often? This is probably just biased selectional memory, but the fucks crit like no tomorrow.

his dagger has a very high crit mod (10% base). It also does extreme damage to Eldritch types.

Occultist's weapon has high base strength and sacrificial stab has a high crit mod. He used to destroy the weald until fungal zombies got a ton of protection.

>10% base
That would explain it.

does anybody here has a snap of jester's hopeless?

>crusader named Darell

ayo hol up senpai

assuming I have all of the best trinkets, whats the best loadout for a Leper? Sun Ring/Moon Ring seems obligatory for the +10 acc but do I want Dismas's head or the berserk mask?

does the Jester's +20% stress healed drum mean that his stress heal is more effective or that he just receives more stress heal?

I use immunity mask or garlic because resistances and focus ring because accuracy

only fearful if it helps

I have abusive.

Apparently if you use a key when someone's Kleptomania triggers, he lets you keep the treasure.

that works with all the curios, keep up

ok this is fucking bullshit. I have 4 dead Vestals now. I can't keep this fuckers alive for some reason.

maybe because you stress them too much, you monster

Coincidentally, my last Vestal died due to Heart Attack. You're probably right since she was Level 2 and I brought her to a Short Champion Dungeon to Power Level.

thanks, made this one from you screenshot

>Power Level.
do not do that unless you have dogemaster with guard and stress heal, and ancestor portrait
or do not do that at all

I faced him the other day, he really wasn't too bad, but maybe i was just lucky.
I had:
Leper with life crystal and surgical gloves
MaA with tough ring and ancestor's bottle
Hound Master with a camo cloak and a music box I got during the mission
Occultist with junia's head and something else.

Leper was the main damage dealer, and with a little over 70 or health, he took hits well. Because the boss can guard a friendly unit, the leper can effectively hit him regardless of his rank with revenge boosted chops

The MaA was incredibly bulky, so he guarded whatever unit that was targeted by a bomb.

The occultist used weakening curse to cut vulvf's damage to the point that the bombs did 4 or 5 damage to the MaA when they blew.

The houndmaster marked and rushed vulvf.

It went well with everyone at 70% health or higher at the end. I lost my MaA to a fucking fuselier in a fight after to some really unlucky crits and a heart attack sadly.

Neat, I guess.

>(Radiant and Darkest modes) Vvulf quest and Vvulf himself not quite as tough, and also won’t appear before week 40 minimum.
Apparently he got nerfed.

dude, too many torches and provisions
not enough holy water or herbs

Nice, saved.

It's a long dungeon. And the ruins no less, what would you be using herbs on?

curing stress debuffs, iron maidens, alchemy tables
24 food and 16 torches are enough for long dungeon

Do you guys prioritize upgrading weapons or armor first?

why not both?
but if I have to choose, I upgrade armor as it provides dodge and HP

I have to do one before the other, smithy upgrades are pricey.

trouble yourself not with the cost of this crusade

I always get armor upgrades first for the sole purpose of increasing the Houndmaster's dodge chance.

For all other heroes; weapons. Speed is perhaps the most important stat in the game. The extra damage is okay too.

The torches are on the high side, but between the extra light lost per step I'm getting, the cultists, and the chance for a bad map layout, I'd rather play it safe and overshoot how many I need. Sixteen torches definitely hasn't been enough for me in previous dungeons. I can always throw extras out if I need to.

I don't particularly care that much about the ruins curio interactions. I almost never end up needing the confession booths, and the team I'm bringing on this dungeon has two stress healers anyway. Alchemy stations, urns, and iron maidens only guarantee loot, which I'll probably end the quest filled with. It's not like I'm missing out on purging a negative quirk like I would be if I didn't bring herbs to the cove.

>Not lading packs to the absolute brim with loot

On the real is there a more lovecraftian game/story than this? Definitely beats out bloodborne imo

no

maybe sunless sea but that's mostly just a story, not sure if there's much game

>being low on supplies
Is this enough, senpai?

>Very first playthough on Radiant
>Spent 30 hours farming shit, upgrading stuff, leveluping solders, collecting trinkets, it was fun
>Have fully upgraded Blacksmith, Guild and Stage Coach
>~15 out of 25 are level 6, all fully equipped and leveluped
>Suddenly hit the wall, level 5 dungeons are too difficult for lvl 5 solders and there is no reason to send lvl 6 there, since they won't levelup anyway
>Decided to try the Darkest Dungeon
>Sent the A team, got teamwipe on the boss
>Immediately sent the B team, got teamwipe on the second combat in the dungeon
>Realized I lost all of my good trinkets and half of my lvl6 solders and I have to spend hours to repair the damage
>Decided to try the Hag instead
>Sent the best of the best lvl6
>Only managed to get her to 80% HP and then had to flee because 3 out of 4 were and the Death Door
>Realized there is nothing I can do to increase my power except for hours of mindless trinket and quirk farming
>Ragequit and deleted the save
So I'm not going to start again, but I want to know, what are you suppose to do after you hit 6lvl with your solders?

>Another neat ability for the cook would be being able to stack food higher and getting more food from food curios, but I think you cannot mod that in either.
i'm pretty sure that'd be possible
in the antiquarian.info.darkest you'll find a line that says " extra_stack_limit: .id antiquarian_gold "
and in inventory.darkest you'll find " extra_stack_limit: .id antiquarian_gold .item_type gold .item_id "" .amount 750 "
i'm no coder, but it looks like a pattern you could use

You've pretty much got it, once a hero gets to level six they go to the darkest dungeon. Once you complete the four darkest dungeon quests you beat the game. After that you do it again on Darkest and Stygian mode.

>what are you suppose to do after you hit 6lvl with your solders?
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

So the DD is beatable with regular lvl6 guys without any special trinket/quirk magic and I just had to git gud?
For me It feels like the difficulty increase between lvl3 dungeons and lvl5-lvl6 is too steep - I had no problems with clearing lvl3 dungeons with lvl3 team yet I got my ass kicked several times in lvl5 dungeon with lvl5 team, same with lvl6 team and DD/Bosses.

Please sell me me on the Abomination. Why would you ever want to use this guy?

I completed the game without ever understanding what this class is supposed to do. I took him with me once in the entire game. My bro-bro Reynauld wouldn't go with him, he stressed out the rest of the party, generally acted like a fag and died on the first Death Door.

Those who are running this abomination of a character :^), why?

i'd say there is about the same gap between lv1 and 3 and lv3 and 5.
In lv5 you have to pay attention to your trinkets, play with stuns, temporize for heals and you should be fine
in lv3 as long as you don't have shit quirks things will go smooth (with basic trinkets)

he has self heal, a decent stun and can be nearly as good as a leper when he turns

>he has self heal, a decent stun and can be nearly as good as a leper when he turns

But why not just run a leper then? That also has self-heal, and doesn't stress out the rest of the party. If you need stun, there are better options as well.

What niche does he fill? What party compositions make him shine?

I guess he shines in the ruins because he can plague bot the midline then pummel shit along side the grave robber and the plague doctor

He's good against Shamblers if you camp before a shambler.

You pour whatever damage and speed buffs you have on him, and then have him transform and spam rake to kill the little shambler babies before they can do anything. The rake increases damage on each turn, to help ensure the baby shamblers stay dead.

Rake spam is also good when combined with occultist's tentacle pull because it clears the corpses from early rakes AND puts the squishies in the range of rake.

There is a trinket that lessens the stress Abomination gives out when tranforming/transformed, and I believe the more you level the skill, the less stress it gives.

Parties that crit a lot and focus on the stressfags in the enemy backline are good with him.

The annoying thing about him is his headbutt skill doesn't work in the very back, which is probably the skill he'd most want to be able to use when he's put back there.

Most players have some difficulties when transitioning from veteran to champion dungeons. On Darkest and Stygian you'd have to power through it and adapt since heroes won't accept quests on a lower level than they are, but Radiant is lax with that and lets you put off the problem.

The most important thing to learn is knowing when to retreat. There's room to experiment with different strategies on high level quests using high-level heroes, but that's only possible if you aren't getting team-wiped. Sometimes a clean win just isn't possible and it's better to cut your losses and run away. That way at least your failures don't result in hours of grinding and leveling up a new batch of heroes.

>I guess he shines in the ruin
It's a shame that the other two characters who shine in the ruins, Vestal and Crusader, refuse to go with him.

Cool, I'll give him a try with an crit party. Let's hope he can handle being shuffled all the time

When are they going to fix the "Religious characters don't like Abbo but are fine with the wise magical arab of R'lyeh lore" bullshit?

I love him in the Weald for his blight resist. The party I use is HM-OCC-ABOM-MaA. MaA usually guards ABOM since the main annoying enemies can only hit the front two rows. OCC debuffs Treebranch faggots attack, HM marks them, ABOM can knockback rush debuff them and stun them along with MaA. HM can help stress in battle and at camp. I run the ABOM anti stress trinket a bit too.

Hey general, i plan to make a joke team of 3 highwaymen and a vestal

what i need from you are your three favorite humorous homosexual slurs

the vestal shall be fag hag
for the highwaymen themselves, i am thinking
shit stabber for the melee man
fart knocker for the ranged lad
fudge packer for the riposte and point blank lad

let me know your favorites
spoilers are to prevent butthurt

i feel like a dummy for asking, but in the musketeer readme, it says to merge the contents of the darkest dungeon file with the application file.
do i just drag and drop or do i have to take each folder out individually and match them to the other folders or what?

Drag and drop. You'll get a notification saying "these files have the same name, do you want to merge them?) You might also want to go to the localization file after doing so and run the batch file in there.

Not so loud, red hook might hear
Do you really want to make shit even harder for the player?

I meant to make the bible-thumpers play nice with the poor abbo.

Someone mentioned last thread that it's possible to lock party positions, but I'm not seeing the option?
This would make it so the party is reshuffled back to the original order after each fight.
Where do I find this?

>“You know… This is my first snow since before Jerusalem.”

My assumption is that the whole "religious folk won't work with Abom" thing was the kickstarter backer's idea, not Redhook's.

Click on the map button after a fight, it'll be the blue button that appears above the map button.

there is no such option
you can click default party position after every fight, but no auto reshuffle

There's a default position button, but no way to automate it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_slang_terms

he looks too happy
no happiness allowed in Darkest Dungeon

Im not getting the notification, drag and dropping the folder just moves it into the darkest dungeon steamapps folder, i feel like im probably missing something obvious

Thanks for the quick responses!

If you did it right, the dialogue file in the localization folder should have musketeer lines in it (just open it with notepad++ and use ctrl+F to find the lines.)

Go check.

Whats happening here.

they are relieving themselves

H-how exactly?