Redpill me on the Nissan Altima...

Redpill me on the Nissan Altima... i plan on getting one soon used so what year is best if i dont know how to fix cars myself?

>Redpill me
Kill you are self

nigger car.

if autotragic avoid like the plague, nissan cant into transmissions.

the altima is the worst sedan on american roads today, srsly

cvts are a cancer that should be eradicated

Don't buy. Get a Buick LeSabre instead.

Typical nigger car because it's cheap. They buy these and put some rims on them worth as much as the car. The used ones always have fading headlights and shitty paint, but those rims are spotless for some reason.

Not to mention it's had the same design for over a decade basically. Just get an accord if you want a shitbox similar to that.

What if i get one with an automatic transmission instead ? The 2005 one

What if i get a ford fusion instead? Opinions??

All Nissans are shit post 2003.

Post your local Craigslist and budget.

>All Nissans are shit post 2003.
Care to elaborate?

He meant.
All nissans are shit

>so what year is best if i dont know how to fix cars myself?
1992-2001.
All Altimas after that are trash.

Oon 2002+ models:
The 2.5L 4 cylinder likes to have the precat disintegrate, backflow into the engine, which proceeds to destroy the entire engine from the inside out.
The 3.5L V6 has oiling issues which will cause reliability issues.
And the CVT transmissions of 2007+ models like to shit themselves often. Having 4 complete transmission replacements before 100k is not unheard of and is actually a pretty common occurance.

Just buy something else. Get a fucking Camry, Accord, or a fucking Malibu instead. All will be better built, comfier, and more reliable.

Then how come my brother in law and a co worker hasnt had any problems with their altimas?

My budget is 7000

Ok. Buy one then.
Dumbass

That particular generation Altima with the 2.5L had weak CVTs. CVTs cost cash money, about $1000 for the tranny alone.

Damn i might go with an accord now ... what about a fusion?

I'm with you on this. I've owned a few Nissan's and I haven't had any serious issues.

Because their cars are under warranty so the dealer takes car of all problems at no cost to them. But you're considering buying one out of warranty. 2 VERY different things there.

>tickingtimebomb.jpg

Fusion is great. Go for a Sport model

don't get one with a CVT

>7k budget
Wew lad. Lexus sc300 or 400. Your choice.

Just get an accord, camry, mazda6, or legacy.
All of them are far better.
Why are you so drawn to a pile of shit?

Renault bought them and ruined them.

Post your local Craigslist. Fusion is shit too.

Just get a 350Z.

they're gas guzzlers. the label is false

Had a 2011 3.5 SR altima with the cvt.

The CVT seemed cool at first. It made driving smooth and it held the rpms high to give you peak torque. On the highway it was fast but off the line it was pretty shit. Also sometimes I would floor it after rolling out from a light and the rpms went up but the car got no power. The cvt in these seems sketchy, especially after hearing of other peoples problems.

The manual v6 altimas are very fast and have decent reliability, especially if you get a coupe.

Every car has issues if you don't take car of it. I see Altimas with 200k+ all the time, its just about how you take care of your car.

>I see Altimas with 200k+ all the time,
They're all pre-2002 models with the KA24DE engine.

Wow 4 cvt replacements!? I had a lancer that had the cvt replaced before 80k and got rid of it. Why would anyone stick with it after the 2nd let alone a third or forth? At least nissan extended the warranty on them. Mitsu was looking for shit to void my warranty when the my 2nd cvt shit the bed.

Avoid anything with a Jatco cvt into, folks.

Its craigslist los angeles

> Nissan Altima

poster car for dindu muffins

As a HUGE nissan fan. It's SHIT. Depending on year
>lol headgaskets
>lol speed sensor
>lol shit trans
>lol mpg for size
The altima is fucking horrible.

7k and pretty reliable outside general maintenance?
>prelude sh
>300zx NA (if it's been serviced)
>sc300/400
>maxima
>350z
>rsx type s
>volvo s40
>saab (pick one)
>integra
>save a little and get an s2000
That''s just SOME of the cars that you could have.

Friend has 2010 sl, damn comfy and cvt is smooth. 4 banger mpg is decent considering the size, but he drives like a madman so i bet it could be better. No problems at around 80k miles

I have 06 v6 with manual. Fast, 22-24 mpg, roomy and no problems at 150k miles. Avoid the 02-06 4 cyl models. too many problems. 07 they revised the 4cyl

Newer ones are great cars, dont listen to the memers

I had a 2003 Altima make it over 300k, proper maintaining helps. Sold it and I still see it around.

Never left me stranded or gave me major issues.

Fuck the haters, Altima gets shit DONE!

It is literally a car for niggers. Go out on the road and drive. Every time you see an Altima there is likely going to be a nigger behind the wheel. Why would you associate yourself with that?

Bought a used 07 altima with 6k miles when I was 20. Drove it for almost 9 years. 2 months after I bought it the a/c needed to be replaced. About 4 years later the ac broke again. Six year's later the cvt transmission went to shit. A year later I noticed the dash cracked and paint started to wear down, even though I waxed and detailed my car. Finally my ac broke for the third time. Drove it in the hot Florida sun for about 2 months and traded it in for another car.

In my experience the 4th generation altima was a pile of crap or maybe I just got a lemon. Who knows but I'm glad I don't have that car anymore.