Saw one of these today on the commute to work...

Saw one of these today on the commute to work. It kind of made that sound of metal creaking as it drove by me in the intersection. The driver of course was some 40 year old white faggot in a suit who probably thought he was pretty bad ass in his $100,000 corolla.

I don't legitimately believe that anyone who knows anything about driving cars as a hobby (and thus someone who would reasonably spend $100,000 on a car) could buy one of these for the price they ask. Sure for $30,000 its a great car no doubt.

But this thing survives on reddit and viral marketing campaigns where it does its insane button. Now they advertise 'bio weapon defense mode'. Who the fuck thinks they are going to get attacked by a bio weapon? They did the Model, S, 3, X, because Musk wanted to spell SEX with the models, XDXD upvoat please.

Meanwhile, the batteries fail at high rates, it can't go around Nurnbergring faster than a prius because it goes into powersaving mode soon after using its meme acceleration. Funny how the videos stop about 4 seconds after launch and nobody mentions the car blows its load after 1 minute of real driving.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmVrplC4Ga8
youtube.com/watch?v=7HOhOeKwe30
youtube.com/watch?v=VPtin6AjUCg
youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So you're complaining that rich people waste money that you won't ever have on stuff that you don't like.

Excellent use of your time. Great thread.

>car blows its load after 1 minute of real driving.
Cars really don't need to drive fast for more than a few minutes t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=EmVrplC4Ga8

I'm a doctor mate we trade in sports cars every other week for fun.

>the batteries fail at high rates

Doesn't Tesla have a very good warranty on their batteries..?

>I'm a doctor
Fucking jews. Opinion discarded

nah mate. Though I will say that only 49% of my class was white and about half of the 'white' students were Jews and 51% of the class were females making whites a minority.

lucky bugger, 80% of my gen were girls.
I was often the only guy in my group.

not as fun as it sounds believe me.

Lol no you're not you LARPing nerd
Timestamp on PhD next to drivers license with first and last initial unblocked or you're full of shit
>inb4 no timestamp

The women were all capable of getting the grades but when you talk to most (not all) they have terrible attitudes and you realize they are only good at vomiting memorized phrases and word associations.

I havn't met many that were truly capable of taking the information and thinking independently with it. Which is fine but I think the profession as a whole is on a decline. Its all about status without the work now. The old school was about working hard even if it was 3 days in a row and earning your place. You had to know your shit.

Current gen is all about complaining. Passing exams without knowing the material.

Its really shocking to mention a disease you studied a month ago and everyone looks at you like you're so strange for remembering some obscure thing.

The good thing about women doctors is they all check out by 35 and leave to have kids. Thus more demand for doctors as a whole.

But I could complain all day. long story short your doctor is probably an idiot if he's under 45. Especially if he's not Asian or white or a he.

youtube.com/watch?v=7HOhOeKwe30

>model S is the fastest car ever

wew

>I don't legitimately believe that anyone who knows anything about driving cars as a hobby (and thus someone who would reasonably spend $100,000 on a car) could buy one of these for the price they ask.
honestly no one with highschool education should fall for this marketing bullshit

It's an appliance. It gets to what would be the speed limit quickly and comes loaded with infotainment crap.

You're right, it's not an enthusiast's car and was never intended to be one. People who buy Teslas do not give a shit about driving and the thing itself thrives off marketing. You know who else pisses on about figures a car makes? Bus cucks and benchracers.

You sound like a salty poorfag who's mad a shiny appliance beat his $3k MANUAL H00nda Civic at the lights.

>They did the Model, S, 3, X, because Musk wanted to spell SEX with the models
jej

What if he is a medical doctor?

youtube.com/watch?v=VPtin6AjUCg

>driving a stick feels antiquated and like stepping back in time

lol

Yes, and they also very rarely have any issues with the pack. OP probably knows better though, he did pass by one on the street.

>leaf's have 20% capacity loss after 3 years

I bet Tesla has the magic tech to stop that from happening.

>be me, 40
>have lots of money
>i like the look of this car, the advertising may not all be true but I want this car
>i will buy this car
>"wow this car is pretty decent! I like it!"
Im not fond of the model s either but stop being such an autist. The dude bought a car he wanted and could afford.

that's what the shiny commercials told me also Elon Musk will invent and produce the super battery in just five years™

yeah but its more that car has become a meme like the apple products. Musk even does a steve jobs style press conference to announce new BS.

I agree it is a meme car but let the guy do his thing. Considering the battery wear of these things he'll probably be out of it in a few years

salty poorfag: the thread

Tbh I sat in one and the interior is really cheap.

reminder

Not magic, but tech, sure

What commercials? Tesla doesn't advertise

There are plenty of 8 year old Roadsters with no "battery wear"

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Tesla, why make up random, easily disproved bullshit about them? Is it that hard to find actual problems? Try the owners forums.

>tesla doesn't advertise

youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8

You havn't realized viral marketing when you see it eh? Modern advertising is disguised and designed to go viral. Tesla has bs on reddit all the time.

I honestly believe they pay motortrend and others too for the raving reviews.

>Average

Yeah sure

>stupid tripfag shitposting again

maybe he likes the idea of plugging his car in at night, or likes the idea of the car doing 90% of the driving for him, or likes whatever status he thinks the car gives him

maybe he just doesn't give a shit about cars

why do you care stop being autistic

Teslas are toys for rich people at the high end, and ecowarriors with decent credit for the rest. You're basically mad that the same people that don't clean up after themselves in their own homes also don't get under the hoods of their own cars. Either that or you just don't like Tesla's success.

Either of those makes you a faggot. Not sure what both would make you, but it's not looking good bud.

Yeah this is just honestly tiring and turns me off to the whole idea.

Boeing and other gov contractors (vs spacex), every energy company, the US government, Benz, GM, toyota, nissan, etc. all compete with Musk's enterprises (and do just as well or better). Tesla and SpaceX just have the Millenial Marketing Team on overtime fucking EVERYWHERE on the internet.

The worst is the cult worship of Musk himself. His fortune is entirely due to the U.S. taxpayer, yet everyone makes him out to be some savior. The company he actually founded, Paypal, is just an e-bank. He's no better than a nerdy guy on the board of JP Morgan combined with the CEO of Halliburton.

And the cars themselves are huge appliances. I'll be waiting for the model 3 to drop in six months. Yeah, right. GM, Toyota, and Nissan beat Tesla in the mass market. I guess Tesla has the "senior developer who just doesn't know what else to buy" market cornered.

>There are plenty of 8 year old Roadsters with no "battery wear"

Most Tesla owners drive 20 under the speed limit and never accelerate hard. "supercharge" the pack or do full power launches constantly and you won't get 8 years out of a pack.

>"supercharge" the pack or do full power launches constantly and you won't get 8 years out of a pack.
In that case lucky you, there's an 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on the pack and drivetrain.

I bet that's a """"""lifetime""""" warranty. There's probably a * after "unlimited mileage warranty" and 5 pages of fine print.

>no gas
>no oil changes
>literally the only maintenance is to swap out the tires and brakes every so often

>will be one of the first commercial vehicles with true autonomous capabilities
>safe as fuck
>fast as fuck
>7 seats
>comfortable
>easy to drive

the only difference between a tesla and a mercedes s class is that you can take an s class on a road trip.

No, it's 8 years, unlimited miles, like I said in the last post. I know that's tough to understand, let's try a third time: 8 years, unlimited miles

The warranty was extended because so many have problems with their Tesla. There's going to be a growing number of useless Teslas that are too expensive to fix. Even for something as simple as the fully electric door handle malfunctioning.

Sure it is... Does that include a free ride to space with musk too?

>The warranty was extended
The battery warranty was the same from day one, 8 years, infinite miles

No, it's for the battery and drivetrain

Just a little tip for you guys, you may be able to make up facts to support your "arguments" outside the internet, but here on the internet it's very easy to find the actual information, and when someone creates fantasy facts it makes them appear quite stupid.

*tips fedora*