/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

brave

I hope the name doesn't change in translation

Doubt it will, they only changed Bushido because it was a Japanese word, but kept all the other English names

>spoilers
We're calling announced monsters included in promotional media spoilers now?

You got me all excited thinkin it was a datamine or something.

There he is. There he goes again. Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again selct your little Isabelle pic and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha, maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass so you just choose the picture. Oh we all know the picture, the "sexy" Isabelle pic isn't it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that's right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You're a fat fucking fuck up and she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a fictional character. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Isabelle fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even talk try to you because all you say is "I REALLY LIKE ISABELLE".

You became a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

>I REALLY LIKE ISABELLE

It's like you haven't hunted with him to know what he always spams.

>thread doesn't hunt

In other news, there's this new blind purple dragon coming out, apparently he can infect you with a disease or something.

Ah, you were at my side all along...

"I WILL SHOW YOU THE TRUE POWER OF A SON OF SPARDA"

Yet to see him join 's hunting rooms. Hiro is pretty strict about who can anyway. Doubt he would want to hear about analing Isabelle while actually trying to get some hunting done.

Playing through mh3u&4u before I get into gen.
When is a good time to stop and move on in 3u?

>He put down blu fud

Ha.

Why hasn't there been a Dante armor set yet?

Fucking capcom. It could give Edgemaster (Honed Blade) and Taunt.

He was trying to say that it doesn't behave like normal jho.

There was in 4u for Palicos

I know, I want a hunter set. Male exclusive of course.

What the fuck is Frontier even doing

Crossover quest with Imperial Saga.
In this case it's a very weak fire jho you get to fight with forced armor, and a different quest for both males and females.

For a G-rank hunter it's probably around 3~4 charged hits to kill it, so it's real simple.

Being what Gen could've been

*shrugs*

Someone added that back long after it was no kind of spoiler.

monhun on 3ds was a mistake

I went to bed but just read your replies, thanks a bunch guys.

They had to be a fucking bitch about it and just do it with frontier, for fuck's sake

There he is. There he goes again. Look everyone he roared once again. Isn't he just the funniest monster around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic flabby hide glowing in the dark lit by your thunderballs which is the only source of light in your cave giggling like a little girl as you once again select your little roar rng and rear up again. Or maybe you don't even need to rear up, maybe you're such a disgusting hunt that you actually roared as your previous animation and we're still covering our ears. Oh we all know the sound, the "long disable" roar isn't it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you do it that you drop your Kelbi carcass onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that's right, did I fail to mention? You live with your redesigned better half! You're a fat fucking fuck up and Gigginox is probably so sick of you already. So sick of doing everything better than you all god damn day, every day, for a grown mon who spends all his time on the ceiling roaring to himself. Just imagine this, she followed you and then she thought you were going to be a left in 2nd gen or retooled or something grand and then you show up on every roster. A pathetic loud fag hunt. Gigginox probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad your fight is and how she wishes she wouldn't be compared to you anymore. She can't even talk try to you because all you say is "SCREEEEOWWWWREEEOWWWROWROW"

You became a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little mon laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

A mainline MH game out of Nintenshit's fucking bullshit when?

When the movie comes out

Convince me to play FU, /mhg/.

Never, it's time to jump ship to /ourgame/ Frontier.

It has a few monsters you've never fought, like Hypnoc and Yama.

It will reinforce your core gud to go back to an older game with barebones mechanics and fewer crutches to fall back on, like delayed getup and innate 50 def and stuff.

You can emulate it on PPSSPP with almost no hardware, it would run on your refrigerator's ice dispenser. There are programs like Evolve that allow online play with other emulators, and there's even a little community for it to be found.

It has unquestionably the best cat kitchen in the whole series, it was so helpful and customizable that they took it out and replaced it with entirely RNG shit.

You won't have to deal with the French.

after finding the series with 3u i did a sort of tour through the various games to get a feel for what it used to be like.
FU is pretty comfy but i doubt you have the determination to get through it alone, it's a proper dick mince at times.

rope a friend into doing with you if you can.

it was worth it though, FU and the older gen games have a charm i just can't put my finger on.

IT'S VILLAGE IS POKKE, WHAT THE FUCKING ELSE DO YOU NEED?

>It has a few monsters you've never fought, like Hypnoc and Yama.
How do you know he hasn't fought them in frontier or online?

I miss the PS buttons on MH ;_;

Why is FU Tigre such a spastic annoyance? He encapsulates the worst of earlier monsters--how much they fucking charge. His frame is so big that when he does, there'll be those few occasions where you can't do anything BUT take it. That, and he deals trample damage so he's constantly knocking you back, making it even more difficult to roll through his wings.

It's about the town feel. Keeping it compact is what made it so comfy.

You used to have a meaningful home, a little niche carved out in a community that needed you to survive. Even in a barebones game with almost no story, Pokke felt like something worth protecting. I don't give anywhere near as much of a shit about the towns in Gen, and mostly the towns in 4U.

I should have mentioned the farm. The series has taken a turn toward just NPC menu item duplication, and I think that's a crying shame. The farm was a beautiful exhale after a hunting session, a kind of harvest moon lite that took the whole game to upgrade.

Member double Tigrex urgent?

I love Pokke so much

The farm was one of my favorite parts of the game, to compare it to newer ones.
I wish they had expanded it rather than dial it down, even if it the newer methods are more in line with the storylines.

Brave GS is gonna be so broken lmao

>When khezu climbs to the ceiling for a whole minute, roars twice when he comes down, charges himself with electricity 2 or 3 times in a row and then leaves the area

I liked the town in Tri as well.

But muh meter build up

I've always thought that there should simply be a farm as the first or a zone of a freehunt/expedition map. Keep it optional, but easily utilizable and rewarding if you take the time to take care of it

it's not the town for me, definitely.
i love pokke as much as the next guy but like i said, i can't really explain why i like 2nd gen games the way i do.

i'd say its nostalgia because it feels like it but i can't really have that since i'm a 3rd gen babby.
the tower map evokes this feeling the most. i really hope the full tower map isn't gone forever in mainline.

>mfw listening to Pokke theme swing rendition

How many town themes can you hum in your head right now, user?

This is the mark of a true nostalgia hunter.

I can't remember how many times I've fallen asleep to Pokke's theme especially on a cold climate.

unlock abyssal lagi

I pirated God eater 2/Resurrection and I really like it. Though is it dead muitplayer wise on PC?

Those games are easy, why would you need multiplayer?

Art style is comfier than most of the 3ds games, that's for sure.

I really do prefer Tri/3U's softer, washed-out color scheme, though.

Well I want to play with other people like you user! Just like I do on Resident evil outbreak.

Does this look like PS4 general to you? now fuck off back to it.
This is monster hunter general, not garbage vita games that have one or two similarities to MH general.

lmao triggered autist

What's everyone favorite weaponfu mine was CB/GS but LS has grown on me recently.

bros, I was playing The Witcher 3 and came across this, wtf.....

didn't know /ourgirl/ was famous...

I finished 3rd portable on PPSSPP and switched to Big Guy edition now.
Camera controls and aiming ranged weapons with a worse thinknipple while having an unergonomic grip really makes me want to kill myself.

>gets to brave in 2 hits
>can remain in brave forever with brave-sheath-cancel attacks every now and then
Brave GS virtually doesn't even have a meter. you get brave and you stay brave and if you somehow lose it cause you cart the you got it again with just 2 hits.

like its easy enough to get into Brave mode for any weapon but GS can gain like 7 seconds of meter with 1 attack.

Why does the sky background of FU and 3P look better than 4U and Gen? 4U and Gen has a cartoon feel to it

spin2winblades
>tfw go back to 3U and no spin2win

2nd and 3rd generation backgrounds look less cartoony in general, they have a faint yet realistic color and look to them.

I started FU with a hammer, and it was the only weapon I even used in that game until I revisited it last year.
Moved to bow after running through 3U with hammer, then doing it with SA, and I've been maining it every game since, so I guess that would be it.

Thanks for the info.

its better than diaperfurfaggot posting.

Will XX be bigger than 4U?

Yeah, bigger and better. It won't have the cancerous "we want the MMO audience" GQs.

It'll be a thinking man's MH game, it'll be /ourgame/ bros

Not a chance really.

It's really still A-Little-Bigger-Than-A-Spinoff G

BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS WOULD THEY GIVE THE FINAL BOSS A SPECIAL CLEAR THEME LIKE AMATSU?

Oh, about Amatsu. This will be the first time that it will have G rank, right?

I really, really wish you would stop trying to force your stupid fucking meme, /our/poster. It is so obvious that there's only one person doing it. It's not going to catch on, no one thinks it's funny, you are simply annoying.

Which is probably the point.

Yeah, I've been waiting years for this.

But the final boss in XX better have his own special theme.

who are you talking to? Do you have autism?

Can't wait to solo G rank amatsu over and over too because /mhg/ will triple cart to it if they're triple carting to the high rank one and I don't trust randoms.

You fool you fell into his trap. Unless you're /our/poster luring me into a trap into replying to you, or maybe I;m just overthinking this because i'm just tired.

I bet the Grank has frontier AoE level of bullshit

>G rank already starts off at stage 2
>50% has a new stage where it does new moves
>the move where it flies up and shoots 3 beams tracks you like goldbeards super beam

I imagine it'll be like high rank except it will do more damage, actually combo, obviously have more attack animations and probably spam the shitter twister way more.

I hope amatsu is the casual filter into G rank, people will still get carried past it or cheat of course but I think like ukanlos in 4U it'll do a reasonably good job. Going from the levels of public competence in 4U to those in Gen is jarring. So is remembering how smooth hunts would go in any /mhg/ room no matter the quest in 4U and then looking how disgusting awful /mhg/ is in gen.

kys, Jaerick

>Grank does the huge twister that sucks up
>Then suddenly releases 6 medium twister
>Whoever is caught up will receive the beam of holy water as punishment

that sounds really pretty and fun to watch

>shitters crutch it up with cats so they can just hide underground during all of this

kys Aria

Look mom, I can do it too!

About that, I hope they put a new mechanic where Grank versions will pull catfuckers out of the ground, like Rajang picking a mountain but instead of land, it's the catfuckers

>new big succ move that releases mini succs
>mini succs 1hko

I like your thinking.

It'll be either Lao, Shen, Yamatsu, Fatalis or Amatsu.

There's no shen gaoren or yama tsukami in mhxx

Post monsters dressed like human girls.

I want to dick her so much

You posted the best girl but she's no monster.

There was a Lunastra posted last thread.