youtube.com/watch?v=inATuPLuzmg

>Veeky Forums vs /hg/
youtube.com/watch?v=jDTs31fy3V4

>user's shenanigans
youtube.com/watch?v=yIkINAH-Nwc

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=628
m.ebay.com/itm/16x8-Enkei-COMPE-4x114-3-0-Gunmetal-Wheels-Set-of-4/351876609270?_trksid=p2053742.c100463.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=20150527183144&meid=4221c111fefb467c88656a23768e2c30&pid=100463&rk=1&rkt=1&
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/6044609149.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Join the montage user!

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Toyota is a pretty cool guy.

Didn't even notice it at first because the different OP pic. I see we're branching out like the /hg/ OP's have been.

Anyways, washed and waxed over the last two days. All that's left is interior detail. Gonna hoon the shit out of it this weekend on some bridges and along the coast, should be great weather.

>tfw Florida is horrible but great at the same time

As much as everyone seems to hate the prius, I got a hand-down c from my brother because I am poor and it's not bad. It is pretty responsive and quiet. Though this is my opinion, I don't like the other prius that they created because it looks like shit.

I have an AW11 MR2

I'm on Eibach Pro/Koni Yellows atm. Ideally I'd like to go coilovers but I don't think I can afford it just yet. I was thinking about Suspension Techniques springs for the AW11 but all the reviews say that it's way too harsh for a daily driver. The Eibach Pros are pretty nice but I wish they had a little more drop to them, the advertised a 1 inch drop but I think I only got like 3/4s of an inch from them.

I had the exact setup on my Civic. Look up Ground Control adjustable springs and see if they make a set for your car. They feel better than the Pro springs, have a ton of adjustability, and the springs they use are Eibach brand too.

ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=628

Here they are. Highly recommended. Pretty much gives you a coilover setup with the bonus of replaceable shocks if they ever go out.

Thanks

AW11s temp gauge looks completely fine but its engine is smoking, smells, and the radiator overflow spurts everywhere if i try to open it while its a little hot

just kill me

how much is it worth investing in a full intake/exhaust?

No problem. Been loving mine so far. There are a lot of threads on each sleeve so the height possibilities are endless. I could drag my exhaust on the street if I wanted to but fuck that. kek

I'd love an AW11 as a second car. Maybe one day. I wanna fix this broken one I see in this guy's driveway.

Depends on the car model/year, mileage, third party or trd in this case, etc.

how about strapping a silvertop 4AGE throttlebody to a 7AFE

Probably hella air bubbles giving the incorrect reading. I have a similar problem in my sw20 since the radiator is up front and the filler is in the rear. Soooooo much piping for bubbles. Keeping the heater on while running the car helps with temp btw, just to be safe until you can get it sorted out somehow

Smells specifically of coolant? Look up if there's a procedure for bleeding the rad. The fiero has one and there's a specific process and if you don't follow it it'll overheat from air in the system.

Everything past like 1990/1992 Toyota...eh, bores me. I love the 80s shit, even the 70s shit.

cool

I don't put the montage in the OP if it's there's no new additions.

>tfw I thought the same thing scrolling past the tg and hg when I was new to Veeky Forums

>Hand down prius C[uck]
I drove a second gen it handles well for what it is but it felt numb overall. Seating position was shit too

Buy some KYB shocks with it or you'll prematurely kill your shocks and be bouncing

v6 swapped mr2 goy?

not worth it without a tune

> 1993+ supra is boring
wew

yeah

yeah i might look into bleeding it, have to drive to get the glass replaced, its like 12 miles round trip so i hope its okay.....

Owner of the 00 Corolla

Should i try dropping a 2ZZ in it?

I have a 01 Lexus IS300, and the engine light came on :( Anyone recommend a OBD reader?

00 corolla here too
2zz was something i thought about but i reckon a 7AGE is the way to go

They all do the same shit
For what reason?

all these AW11's makes me want to buy one :(

Don't say that nsw user I'll have to buy one too

Sell those wheels and you could probably buy one. An AW11 is probably one of the best cheap fun cars ever. Especially cause it's layout for the price and godly 4age

what size are those wheels user?

What are some good options for a first car if i'm looking for something toyota

Camry, corolla, matrix, Scion TC
Choose your luxury level, year and body style

Are you looking to be enthused? Na sw20 or aw11 MR2 if you're a fan of older stuff and don't mind working on it. Celica is also a decent option, pretty much any year. 7th Gen Celica GTS is a neat little car with a fun motor that's decent on gas and cheap to ensure.

What said, it depends on your budget and needs mainly.

>guy is running drag certified tires.
>broken

yeah bud, you witnessed a sleeper thats whats up.

The seating position is pretty horrible. Even for me, a manlet at 5'3. The seat asks to fuck up your back muscles.

you gotta use the seat with a dildo

Is it Cute Cruisers turn to blogfag?

At least it's not that one Supra

would you prefer a filthy mk4 instead?

What do you guys think of the iM?

Would it be a smart buy to keep for 10+ years?

It's either that or a 2015 Optima LX for me since they're cheap and have good reliability according to consumer reports

Eibach Pros and Koni Yellows are probably the best street DD combo you can get though. Unless you really want to get a slammed look I suggest you just keep that setup.

Looking for something to be my daily drive and budget around/under 7/8k

I won't be buying it right away anyway, I was thinking of the future. Prokit and the Koni Yellows feel really nice and I think the stance is acceptable to me.

The Ground Controls feel much better from my experience. Rides a lot smoother. But I also changed a lot of bushings at the same time.

Stay triggered m8

Vatozone checks it for free

I'd pick your car over an Mr2 desu

Corolla or celica

What is going in this picture here?

I think they're cool. I'd get it over the optima .

Replacing old worn bushings with new prothane ones really change the dynamics of the car. I've had both stock, eibach, GC, ST and full coilovers on three AW11s over the past year and I really can't express how good of a budget option the Pro-kit really is. GC is slightly better if you're into constant race use without wanting to dump full price of a complete coilover solution, but in terms of a DD, Eibach and Koni yellows are really great. I also had Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustables shocks in at one time, but they weren't as nice as Konis.

A lot of people just want that credit card clearance slammed look so naturally they will gravitate to more expensive options but if you aren't into serious track-day shit, Eibach PK and Koni Yellows on a stiff setting is a very good choice- combine that with a new prothane bushing kit and you'll have an amazing road carver.

I recently came out as gay so that means I need to start drifting my mk2 supra.

What are some good (ie not ugly) wheels to upgrade to? For reference, I like the look of the stock wheels, but I need something 16x8 with 0mm offset

That would give me dildo whiplash and spinal injuries if I crash. I say no to the dildo.

Definitely would buy it over an optima. It's a hatchback corolla, the engine in it will run forever. Lots of space, even with the CVT it's still kind of fun to drive.

I wouldn't focus on the resale value if you're keeping it for 10 years, but because of toyota tax you can expect it'll depreciate at least at a normal rate, if not slower than average.

The difference between the Kia and a Toyota is the quality and reliability, Toyota wins on both, kia interiors go to shit after a few years even in their recent models.

Just grab the latest model year camry or corolla that you can find. I'd say a tC as well but that's more first gen tC territory and they look more like girl cars and had oil burning issues with the first gen. Matrix is an option too for some more trunk space.

Yeah for sure. I mainly got the GCs for the easy adjustments with an allen key. Needed it at a certain height for my delivery job. The two settings on the Koni shocks were either too high or too low and I had to take them out to change it. Now I don't even need to take the wheels off.

Ugh why is it so hard to find a solid IS300 bros?

because DUDE TWO JAY ZEE LMAO

m.ebay.com/itm/16x8-Enkei-COMPE-4x114-3-0-Gunmetal-Wheels-Set-of-4/351876609270?_trksid=p2053742.c100463.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=20150527183144&meid=4221c111fefb467c88656a23768e2c30&pid=100463&rk=1&rkt=1&

They're starting to get that stancefag tax

is there a way to adjust ride height by adjusting the koni yellow shocks? I thought that was only dictated by your spring setup

Yeah. Just have to move this circlip into the other notch. It's a pain in the ass because you usually have to pull the shock out of the car to get the spring out of the way to adjust them.

If it makes you feel any better I hunted for mine for about 5 months

broken down somewhere in georgia. Alternator voltage regulator was busted! got a (number) of jumps from strangers until i inched it home to florida.

I'm gay

Is the 4runner worth it? Most are going for 8-9k average with the miles at 175k. Need a reliable all season car as I can't afford unreliability for my work and school being poor. Am considering the 2006 vs limited option.

sign me up 4 that montage

help plz

Ok

They are reliable but they have that high Toyota tax

Thanks for contributing user

Forgot to trip

Boys, you should come to a drive

Springs for an 86.
RSR low vs Eibach Pro-Kit on stock shocks

RSR

From experience? What makes them better?

should i buy an frs monogram with 18k miles @ $16,999?

fitting up the steel bumpers now

bretty happy with it

>mfw I live in wollongong and drive this road every day

lets do it, meet up when, are you in the toyoburu?

old style qld plate

noice

where is this user?

what do the new ones look like?

state of origin

nah thats pretty rank

i agree

bought two cars in queensland both had the master race green plate

Nice find tho.

What's an frs monogram?

Looks good, I just don't know how I feel about the black sides

Is a rear diffuser usefuly for zzw30?
I want to reduce drag and make the most of the engine.

A slow car. A V6 Camry would leave it in the dust

Just bought an '03 4WD V8 Limited with 172k for $5500 in NH. Texas vehicle too so the frame is in great condition.

I hunted for at least 3 months.

If my car has trouble starting, but less trouble after running, stopping, and starting again, could it be the plugs?

25 year old celica here, just don't wanna waste 50 on plugs, gonna go get the checker now

Hey guys I'm too poor right now and I wouldn't want to drive around a formula Atlantic 4age around because the engine it's loud and I would literally have to do a rebuild every other week but if you have the money and live in California here you go.
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/6044609149.html

You should invest in one of those portable jump starters, the larger ones can jump a car 3-5 times usually from a full charge. Assuming your alternator issue is still being worked out.

>Honey, why is that strange man running around putting bread on the hood of cars?
He's probably just taking pictures for a korean crabfishing forum, don't worry about it Bob.
>Okay, but if he touches the lexus I'm getting the gun