What was your worst investment in 2016?

>Mine: Government Bonds (GB)

realized losses 180K

oil

was hoping for ww3

Selling 5 of my bitcoins

someone kill me now

Guys seriously fucking question:

I bought $3,900 worth of Ethereum at $12 a coin. Should I sell my Ethereum and immediately buy it back? This would realize my loss and I could write off the $1,600 loss on my taxes. I'm getting raped out the ass with taxes on my small business. Good idea? I would end up paying a higher tax when Ethereum finally moons, because I will have a lot lower basis, but I need the tax credits now goddamnit. Help??

Hillary clinton winning president

got engaged

Why? At the very least surely theyre safe?

Bgi

Got in at the top

sorry bud but I don't think the govt would accept your "meme coin write off" idea.. also if you really do have a small business why are you even playing with small time coins and not focusing on an actual business

LSK bought at 80k sold at 46k

I totally forgot to bet on the election. Pretty pissed, desu.

Bought 500 of HTBX at 3.10 before the data, sold at 1.20 like a moron

Not investing

>Government Bonds
Your worst performer would be the investment that least performed in accordance with historic expectations. Government bonds delivered a small positive total return in 2016 (YTD), and served their function as a stable asset-class for preservation of value.

If you're too stupid to understand WHY you bought government bonds, maybe you shouldn't have bought them in the first place.

PTN

Come on, dude. Stop embarrassing yourself.

The government taxes you on capital gains that you get from cryptocurrencies. Did you not know this? So of course you can write off capital losses, just as you would from money you lose in stocks.

silver bought at $15 now it's back there and i bought physical so i'm fucked. have to wait 10 years to sell them well.

Sorry to hear user. Fuck.

My Twitter short.

>PTN
OH SHIT!!

>So of course you can write off capital losses, just as you would from money you lose in stocks.
kinda funny how Veeky Forums insists the SEC doesn't have jurisdiction on crypto fraud then. I mean if it's taxed like a security and deductible like a security....

BTC

This, op sounds downs

The business. Again. I should've bailed completely at the end of 2015 but instead just scaled back in 2016. So many poorfags.

look at the one month chart

It's not a security- that implies it's SEC registered and has a prospectus
It's a commodity

1000 DRYS at @6.33

Tulips.

All they gave me was more monetized debt notes.

GEVO