Previously on /deebeetee/

MFW Honda builds a sleeved-down SV under license

[panic]

Early for SAM poll when

soon my dude

Leyme

It's probably somewhere in your muffler

quints pls

are there literally ANY sportbikes for a guy thats 6'7" than can get up to tasty speeds?
i'm (not) asking for a friend

Fucking lanklets, when will you learn going fast is for sub 60kg twinks and fuccbois.

there are zero perks to being tall fuck this so much

Vmax

KTM 1290 SUPERDUKE R

Triumph Daytona is the best supersport for tall people, but you may be to tall even for that, try out the bigger supernakeds (S1000R, Superduke) or those weird super adventures might work (1290 Super adventure, S1000XR, Superduke GT) don't be fooled by "Adventure" they're just tall sport bikes really.

busa? zx14?

Do they make a manual vfr1200x?

Post cool/dorky pics from your local craigslist.

thanks mate
Im gonna make it I swear

wtf... I would have loved a 250 vtwin... thumper is kind of lame...
>it would probably cost as much as a real bike though...

I think those look fun. How is it?

A fucking scooter

Poke a magnetic pickup tool into the cylinder, should be able to grab it with enough patience.

Then you need to figure out why that happened. You may be running too lean, and so cylinder temp is too high. Idk.

dood you are exactly 2 meters tall, how's that for wheelchair at 60?

It's fine... Really light and quick to turn. I just kind of miss my SV650s torques... The gearing is really really short and you can really tell it is built down to a price...

The VFR250's main reason for existing is having a low as fuck seat height honestly, it's like an inch lower than the MC41 and they sell an even lower version for women in Japan.

In terms of performance it's basically equal to the CB250F with supposedly poorer gas mileage. Cost wise it would be a little bit closer to the CB500F.

A little bit closer to the 500F than 300F, I mean.

Why did you downgrade?

wheelchair at 30 more like
my knees are killing me

I sold the SV about 6 years ago since my car got almost the same gas mileage and I just wanted something fun to run around town and commute on. Had planned on getting a dual sport or supermoto right after that but couldn't find anything for sale. Interests changed... Became /k/ommando... Wife thinks this might get me less obsessed with firearms and reloading so she encouraged it...

Topkek

>tfw someone posts your OC

I think Hyosung has a 250cc vtwin.

You guys go for a ride tonight?

>Wife thinks this might get me less obsessed with firearms and reloading so she encouraged it
>dbt user
>and /k/ommando
Her surprise when

not tonight, 13 hour day and only enough time left to make dinner and take a shit before bed now

I rode home from class. It was about 40 miles, does that count?

daily reminder.

Yes

I'm watching chopped right now but I will in a hot minute

at least you didn't get the 500, trust me the 300 is better.

vtr a gud

/dbt/ I almost had a highside happen to me yesterday. Was riding in an unknown area when I decided to speed up on a turn only to realize that where was a stoplight at the end of the turn. Slammed on the brakes due to panic cause the light was red and I didn't think I will stop on time. Rear wheel locked and it felt like an eternity as I started to process what to do at that moment. Quickly release front brake as I wasn't sure if both brakes locked or just the rear. Was about to re-engage the front break when the bike started to fishtail so I decided to not hit the front break and keep pressure on the rear brake. Front wheel was fighting me and was leading me as I was freaking out internally as I know I will be crossing the intersection with the red light on my current direction. I somehow made it pass the intersection without any vehicle crossing horizontally, I then started to gain control of the bike pass that.

As a new rider, I know that the biggest mistake that I did was riding to hard in an unknown area. Could I have done something differently at the point where I slammed the brakes and the bike started to lock its rear wheel?

>TFW no modern cb600f hornet successor
Shit was cash nyukkaaaaa

When in doubt, gas it out.

Where is this SAM going to be held at?

kk, I can tolerate your regular stupidity enough to not filter you but please drop your white boy ebonics. It's just cringy.

No but I rode all afternoon. Went down some dirt trails and passed a QT jogging with her pupper.
Pretty sure my entire town recognizes me, the only guy braaping around at odd hours in the cold.

>being a weakfag

Fair enough. I'm just extremely excited about the sport standard segment. It's a blast

When do the trails open? Snow is fucking gay.

What would cracking the throttle do on this scenario?

>Snow is fucking gay
Go rekt urself.

Snow is awesome.

all of the top road racers are over 6 feet tall

>letting snow stop you

ignore reddit and don't use the rear brake mid corner.

When people are talking about using the rearbrake mid corners, that is a racetrack technique to suck you into the apex without completely disengaging the throttle (which has a little bit of a jolt going on and off which can cause lowsides), it is NOT to act as a legitimate braking force, if you ride a 4 stroke bike then engine braking is more than enough to cover the rear wheel for most braking relating to cornering. (Another curious effect of rear brake usage is that it slows down suspension rebound, this is another reason experienced riders may choose to use it).

If you're coming out of a corner or in the middle of a corner and find you need to stop as quickly as possible, get the bike as upright as you can,(so widen the line and possible lean off a bit more to get the bike as upright as possible) hit the front then lean back in when you've washed off some speed.

Nuh uh fucker, snow teh gay.

I work outside for a living... and winter is the busy season... fuck snow.

yeah. release the brake before the bike gets sideways. also keep on the front brake

What resort?

Up in the air, next poll will be for specific destination and will be sent out via email. You will need to attach a timestamped photo of your bike for your vote to be counted

>literal training bike

snow sucks for riding

Isn't that conversion worth like 10 grand?

kool, frame grab from go pro

As a rule, adding throttle stabilizes the bike. Even in situation when the bike is destabilized by the throttle (tank slapper under throttle), adding more throttle will stabilize the bike.

Braking at best does not destabilize the bike and at worst completely destabilizes the bike.

If you're sliding under brake you need to smoothly get off the brakes and onto the gas. Key word here being SMOOTHLY. This will settle the rear end and stop your slide.

The careening towards a red light issue is another situation entirely, at some point you simply cant do anything about it and have to choose the lesser of two evils:

Get hard on the front brake, stand the bike up, and run wide off the road, likely to drop it or hit whatever is there
or
Get off the brakes and stabilize the bike, commit to the turn and the speed, and try to avoid whatever is to come in the intersection.

>using the brakes is a racing technique
>and you actually think you are giving better advice than reddit
Using the brakes is fine. Just don't be a total retard and slam them

Guy Martin is the only one that matters and he's like 5'9

Budget light weight Enduro bike. Fits every check box I had.

read the entire post before replying thanks.

3500-6k for the track kit depending on the company.
plus the cr500 so fairly close all said an done

Wouldn't releasing the rear brake when the bike is already doing a fishtail going to highside me? How do I know when both brakes lock? I just figured to do both safety maneuver, was about to release and re-engage front brake while I keep pressure on the rear at that time.

I did. You're all wrong. When you gotta slow down you gotta slow down. That's what the brakes are for. Using them to control the jerkiness of the throttle is secondary at best.

Also, if you feel a wheel sliding on the brakes in a turn, it's probably the rear wheel. If it were the front wheel you'd already be on the ground before you realized you had a wheel sliding.

Only times I've recovered from a sliding front wheel was when I was on the very edge of traction and it caught traction again itself. Pretty much always it happens too fast for you to make any sort of reaction to fix the situation..

the key is to release it BEFORE you get sideways. practice your braking and learn to feel it out when each brake locks up. Dirt biking experience also helps in learning to do with the rear snagging up in corners when it wants to highside you. In that situation I would squat on the pegs and let the bike squirm around me as I release the brakes and straighten out

Not him but...
You do not try to slow the bike down with the rear brake mid-turn mid-lean. At best you use it when you widen out and stand the bike up in conjunction with the front brake.

So what do you do if you don't have room to straighten out and you need to slow down / stop?

>Only times I've recovered from a sliding front wheel was when I was on the very edge of traction and it caught traction again itself. Pretty much always it happens too fast for you to make any sort of reaction to fix the situation..
This, or when applying just barely too much front brake when going in a very straight line. When going straight I normally have enough time to release before it flops down. When cornering the front wheel will just slide out without much chance of recovery, resulting in a lowside.

front brake only, youll need to practice braking to get an idea of your traction limitations or else youll likely just wash out.
alternately you can try to cut tighter then straighten out with full braking. its entirely dependent on the situation

Find me a bike with upright seating position that doesn't cost the earth and is great for carrying a pillion and eating up miles of road that's better value than a v-strom 650

>spoiler alert: you probably can't

I'm 99.9999% sure it'll be my next bike.

That was Vail.

True

You straighten out temporarily to slow down then let off the brakes and try to recommit to the turn at a lower speed.

If this isn't an option due to speed/space you're in a situation where you have to choose the lesser of two evils mentioned here:
>Get hard on the front brake, stand the bike up, and run wide off the road, likely to drop it or hit whatever is there
>or
>Get off the brakes and stabilize the bike, commit to the turn and the speed, and try to avoid whatever is to come in the intersection.

At that point it's akin to heading for a wall at 100mph without enough room to stop. The solution is to not get into that situation. If you do get in that situation you do the best you can and try to mitigate the damage in whatever way possible. But you're probably still going to crash.

You go back in time and pick a line that isn't complete shit.

he's a shitlord and doesn't know how to brake or corner. To put things simply: Your tires have a finite amount of traction. Using throttle, brakes, or steering all result in some form of acceleration. The forces from those accelerations can be used in any combination up to the maximum of your your tires on that surface. It could be all brakes, or a mixture of brakes and cornering, or a mixture of throttle and cornering (there's really no purpose of applying the throttle and brakes at the same time). Unless you're cornering at the limit (you aren't unless you can see balls of rubber on the edges of your tire) then there is still some traction left to brake and slow down while still turning.
However, not that this will transfer weight to the front. When you load up the front end it will want to straighten out. You will have to put in some effort to keep on your intended path.

I was referring to cornering only. When the bike is upright and you're on the brakes, it's much more forgiving of a situation.

CB500X

I mean in a tight bend on a one lane road you don't really have a lot of room to straighten out with oncoming traffic on one side and a curb on the other
At least it feels that way

Ok. I think that makes a little more sense, but is there really no way to effectively stop yourself in a corner where you can't straighten out and you need to stop quickly?

Yeah I know. I was agreeing with you. Just adding that it might still be possible if you're going straight.

But I want a power upgrade too senpai. That thing puts out GS500 levels of power

vstrom is a solid bike, a 1000 would be better if you plan on lots pillon riding and a lot of freeways.

at a certain point you've put yourself into an unrecoverable position.

See:
Slow down and ride better.

>is great for carrying a pillion and eating up miles of road
210lbs here. Not necessarily better than a strom but can confirm it's alright as a cruiser if you don't mind 4k rpm.

>implying anyone needs more power than that provided by a GS500

110km/h is max speed in ausland :( 650 will be fine

I can tell you didn't because you believe I don't advocate braking for whatever reason because apparently you have a brain tumour that means you can't tell what the words "front and rear" Men

FJ09

>but is there really no way to effectively stop yourself in a corner where you can't straighten out and you need to stop quickly?
that's the exact opposite of what I was saying. You can still brake during a turn, just not as hard as when you're going straight.
For example: A dog ran out in the road in front of me while I was cornering today. I hit the brakes and slowed down while also moving to the other side of the lane to give myself more room between me and the dog. It can be done. Just practice it.
PRACTICE IT

[spoiler]I actually agree with you[end spoiler here]

>Slow down
worse advice I've ever seen

hmm interesting. I'll definitely check it out.

>no fun allowed
how can you have such a massive expanse of land and set that bullshit max speed?

>czeched
Don't you remember that documentary about those bikeys who kill that police officer's family?

i thought you all had some roads with literally no speed limit