Be a recently-allowed driver

>be a recently-allowed driver
>get gifted a manual car
>your father offers to be the co-pilot while you drive to work, returning thje car home, then getting to my workplace so I can go home driving to practice
>been doing generally well
>he's not patient with mistakes, especially the fact that I don't accelerate much when I go into first gear at a traffic light, for example, sometimes resulting in letting the engine die
>he says I should trade the car for an automatic one since I "don't listen to what i'm saying"

Now I understand why 99% of american cars are automatic.

because you're a shitty driver?

Your dad sounds like a better person than you.

Because i'm apparently retarded and 50% of the time i'm driving a manual I do fine and the other half I just go 'hurr durr' and potato it all up.

nah dad just needs to give him some confidence.

manual is easy its like learning how to ride a bike.

Well, he has a 30+ year driving experience driving from VW Beetles to American landbarges passing through Aussie cars.
He's better than me in driving.

what aussie cars?

WAT

AUZZI

KARS

M8

Can you find the clutch bite point?

Driving manual stops being fun when you know how to drive manual anyway.

You didn't give us all that many details to go off of but from the way you worded it your dad sounds like an irrational cunt, if he's telling you 'whulp ah guess u shuld trade 4 an auto!!' after a couple mistakes. Perhaps you should consider practicing without him in the car, as you may do better without being under pressure.

Also
>what car
>how long have you been driving manual
>have you improved at all?

The unfortunate thing is that the vast majority of males have no idea how to instruct and can only berate.

He had a '02 Holden Commodore. 3.8. V6.
Sick stuff. Made me feel like I was fucking rich.

Yes.
Problem's that I learned how to drive in the auto school, and this little shitheel doesn't need extra acceleration when you're, for example, gdriving off a green traffic light. I still got the physical memory of doing that without using the accelerator, then I remember to use it midway through the clutch bite point, and the result is the car launching up, but hiccuping.

I'm a huehueBR, so you won't probably know what the fuck i'm talking about. It's one of these in pic related. Basically I got my license issued last Wednesday, and i've been driving to work on the scheme i've mentioned before. How long i've been driving manual? Roughly a week.
I should also mention that my mother struggled to get her license (down here you gotta do it in a manual, and she bribed the guys to pass her; ten years ago she tried to do it and failed, gave up before 2010). 20 extra paid lessons later, not counting the previous years of being instructed by my father. She gave up, and bought an automatic, whom she happily drives.

Well, i'd say I have improved since I was kind of scared to echelon gears like, for example, when coming near a speed bump, and now I can.

I feel like i'd do better if I was listening to music I like while driving, too.

You've only been driving it for a week, so I'd cut yourself a bit of slack. It took me a month to get comfortable with manual after I first learned it, just keep practicing OP and take whatever anyone else says about your ability on the chin. I'd also strongly advise you practice without anyone else in the car who will be overly critical. A lot of people who behave like that think they're doing you a favor by 'teaching' you but in reality they tend to do more harm than good and your father seems like one of those people, an irrational one at that.

>echelon gears

What exactly do you mean by this? Just dropping to a lower gear while moving?

Stop driving with your Dad, you just need practice without him breathing down your neck.

Sometimes it's hard to think about the good things when all your passenger (dad) knows what to do is to tell you what to do (he keeps saying the gears I need to put and what to do, lol).

He doesn't think I can drive on my own just yet. I'll be tied up with him for a while because he's using this car while he doesn't get his own fixed.
I should also mention that my mother ALWAYS gets nervous and fails a lot more when my dad is on the car.

And yes, I mean that, dropping to a lower gear on a speed bump, stuff like that, to not harm the engine and stuff like that.

Don't you worry, soon enough i'll be drivin' alone.
And listening to vaporwave.

You should not feel rich being in one of these.

Because your dad was hard on you? Grow a fucking pair, dude. My dad fucked me over when I was learning to drive so after I failed my test I drove illegally for a month and passed that shit with flying colours. Either do that, learn to git gud, or learn to not take his yelling personally and instead get better at a very simple task. Pussy.

pffft just compensating for being touched in the bunghole as a kid mate.
jej
dang hoped it was a 5.0 or 5.7-6 for your sake.

Commuting? When you get used to it you don't even notice it anymore, it becomes second nature.
Tear it up and it's still fun.

t.10 years commuting on manuals

They can be a bitch to learn and each one is a little different. Welcome to learning to drive with a parent in the car. If you drive an auto, he'll find something else to bitch about.

>Now I understand why 99% of american cars are automatic.

Maybe because we perfected automatics since the 60's, but don't tell the europeans that.

>can't handle aggressive teaching
>needing to be a pussy about learning

Don't get me wrong, when someone actually teaches you in a calmer way it works (sometimes) and other times you need to be fucking shouted at.

You mocking people who have a different style of teaching is why the West is fucked, you try to humiliate more masculine principles to suit your faggotry. Stop this.

OP does need to man the fuck up and put the fucking pedal down while releasing the clutch more. No excuses, it's not even hard.

I live in a third world country where most cars (including mine) have hard plastic all over the interior, and most engines are smaller than a 4 cylinder 2.0.

It happens that I passed my test really well, without noted faults or anything.
I know it's his way of teaching (aka trying to bring you down so you will show your value).

Don't call me a pyasy when you don't know anything about someone, user.

I know. My mother drives an auto and he bitches too. Who needs Jeremy Clarkson when I have my dad?

How can something that becomes second nature be fun? I mean driving manual once in a while is fun but it's not more fun than an automatic once you do it everyday. Maybe if you go to track...