Thoughts on this book?

Thoughts on this book?

tl;dr women have been jewing men since the beginning of time to do the work they don't want to do, men are essentially intelligent slaves to stupid, vapid women

I can't say I agree with her 100% but damn this made me really cynical about relationships and females in general.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/consumer_updates/infidelity.aspx
denisdutton.com/baumeister.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't date a conniving woman then

Yes, I'm sure that women were tricking men into not letting them vote, forcing them to wear burkhas or other such clothing, being married off to ugly fat men decades older than them as teenagers and generally being treated as second-class citizens. It was all according to their dastardly plan!

Well, the argument she presents is more along the lines of "women are naturally manipulative," not some, all.

brainwashed by feminism, much?

How can this surprise anyone? Just look at our reproduction framework where one part is inherently valuable due to them being the limiting factor, while the other part is expendable and played out against eachother.

Are you saying that they did have equal rights before the 20th century? because if you are your either a liar or are stupid enough to believe that literally every historical record ever made without exception was false.

The book doesn't argue that women ever had equal rights, the book argues that women are incredibly weak and unable beings that rely on men to do whatever they tell them to. Feminism is an invention of men who believe that women, being the 'fairer sex', are oppressed, when in reality women are incapable of serious abstract thought and are only concerned with things that immediately benefit them.

Piss off with the presentism

So its a women writing about how much she hates other women? Does she see herself the same way?

opinions > facts.

Criticize a woman? Shame on you.

No one sees themself as the villain

I'd assume so

What about it? It's a pamphlet pretending to be academic literature.

To touch on this, all of what we now consider to be oppressions on women were seen as commonplace and the way of life at the time, the only reason thighs are different is because of the initiative of men, women would be perfectly content livin in caves as long as there were still men doing the hard shit.

She's just being honest familia

The vaginal jew is the worst. the only solution is robot waifus and cute trap boys desu.

Just rubbish.

How can you see yourself as incapable of abstract thought and still argue that any of your opinions are correct?

And you evidence beside some anecdotal story about some dumb girl in class that one time? I hazard to guess all the women who have Phd's in a wide variety of fields don't count as able to comprehend "abstract thought" for some asinine reason, because surely people who take the time to go through 8 years of college, make and defend a thesis and hold a crap job to pay for it are looking for "immediate" benefit.

Why then, in the course of human history, have the accomplishments of humanity been almost unanimously achieved by men? Why is it that we only now, NOW, see women in academia and not pursuing simple degrees just so that they can increase their market value to men later in life? The truth is that all these female empowerment movements are creations of men and men alone. Those women you mentioned can do all the studying they want because it suits their interest, but their curiosity and desire and hunger for knowledge in any and all fields that a person may encounter can never rival that of a man. It was men who have mastered the universe, not women.

Garbage for weak-ass beta men who can't accept responsibility so they blame women.

Yes I'm sure the class of people who were not given equivalent educations or allowed to hold positions of power, or allowed to strike out on their own and put their own needs ahead of the families had lot's of time to do these things. Next you will question why a desert people have not invented boats or why a farmer who has to work to keep his family from starving does't have the time off to invent calculus.

The tired old argument of women being too oppressed to do anything useful with their time needs to die. If women truly are equal to men in their intellect, in their curiosity, in their ability to create and tinker and improve, then why were they so 'oppressed' in the first place? Wouldn't these geniuses have found a way to stake their intellectual claim despite being tied to their families or whatever? In fact, women are not even smart enough to invent things to make their own situations better. They were too busy taking care of families? And keeping the house clean? And puffin on makeup to make themselves pretty? Who, then, invented the vacuum? The dishwasher? The waterproof mascara? If women were equal to men, they would have found ways to lighten their familial load much, much earlier on, thus enabling them to be in the same league as men, but they didn't.

I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but start questioning your preconceived notions of the world and you will be much the wiser.

fucking this

also take this pseudointellectual horseshit to /r9k/

only a weak man would ever blame or criticize a woman for anything.

>taking literally the presentation of her argument as 'women incapable of abstract though'

How can you be this stupid? Clearly he was being hyperbolic

I'm part agree about the fact that being raised by women affect men differently and more profoundly than women.

Beware the eternal female.

friendly reminder "rape" in marriages wasnt outlawed in most 1st wirld countries until a few decades ago

friendly reminder domestic violence was completely ignored until the 20th century and still is if youre Living in africa, india, middle east and some asian countries

>they tricked us into beating them!!
>so we feel guilty!!

That Sounds very likely hmmhm yes :^)

burkhas protect women from being raped in violent societies. marrying an older man is stronger guarantee that the wife won't starve.

how AWFUL.

marriage is a contract that a man can't abandon a woman, on penalty of death.

how AWFUL.

>tfw gf pays for meals more often that I do when we go out
>tfw does most of all housework voluntarily without me even asking
>tfw economy degree and nothing but a's, good contacts in the industry, probably gonna make way more Money than me out of the gate
>tfw intelligent, well-read and emotionally suportive
>tfw all she ever asked of me was good sex, a strong character, and love

..and im being manipulated how exactly?

Just wait till she uses somebody else's genes for her child, kek

Would people really just go on the internet and lie?

The dishwasher actually was invented by a woman You clueless subhuman.

A woman was part of the team creating the first computer in '44, so if it wasn't for female scientists you degenerate, mouth breathing waste of air wouldn't even have a device to shitpost on, lmao.

Why are you alt-right niggers so fucking paranoid about being cucked?

Do you really think of yourself as such a low, worthless fucking being that no woman would even procreate with you? Could you possibly be anymore of an omega male?

You're just a sad excuse for a man. Sure, someone like You will never spread his genetic material.

Meanwhile I'm planning on raising half German half Jap master race babies, hope you get triggered by the racemixing

wew

>Josephine Garis Cochran (Cochrane) (March 8, 1839 in Ashtabula County, Ohio - August 14, 1913 in Chicago, Illinois) was the inventor of the first commercially successful automatic dishwasher, which she constructed together with mechanic George Butters.[1]

>>which she constructed together with mechanic George Butters.[1]

Needs a man to do all the hard work (mechanic).

Also,

>HOLY SHIT A SINGLE WOMAN WAS ON THIS TEAM THAT DID THIS THAT MEANS WOMEN ARE EQUAL!!

Do you not realise what you're doing? A single outlier does something and you think that it means that the rest of her group can be categorised similarly.

Also,

>I'm butt blasted but I'll put lmao to show that I'm not butt blasted why can't I find a boyfriend

kek

Not one part of the post is made up. What do I even gain from that?

Is it really that hard to believe for you that people posting on Veeky Forums aren't all sad wizard sacks of shit?

There's thousands of people like me on this website, you should lurk some more.

Yeah okay buddy.

Sounds like the kind of talk of a man who's never been in any serious relationships
>I'm too much of an attractive alpha male to get cheated on
>Sheer desirability is enough to prevent getting cucked
Women will find a way to cheat on you for any reason they can find. Its not about keeping them satisfied and being attractive and dominant (though it does help), because they can just as easily use all of those things to justify cheating on you. Women in high powered positions have an even stronger tendency to cheat, so even if your fantasy was true, all it means is that there's a statistically significant chance she's been letting Chad Thundercock in her ass behind your back.

You said INVENTED, not constructed. You are objectively wrong and just upset.

>boyfriend
>assuming I'm a girl just because I'm not a robot

Why don't you kill yourself, bitch boy?

>girls
>on MY Veeky Forums

Nah

ITT = /r9k/

>everyone who disagrees with me is an alt right neckbeard fatso who doesn't have a gf
nah

Holy shit are you baiting?

Listen you lowlife scum.. Just because it has happened to you multiple times (ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE) does not mean it happens in the real world (ACTUAL RESEARCH).

My longest relationships have been 4 and 5 years, if that's not "serious" then I don't know what counts.

Show me a single statistic that shows women cheat signifiantly (no, less than 10% more does not fucking count) more often than men do. Go ahead.

You know you're bullshitting.

Oh sorry, thought you were a girl. You must be some kind of trans though, there's no way a true male would be able to bitch the way you do.

Also,
>The first reports of a mechanical dishwashing device are of an 1850 patent in the United States by Joel Houghton for a hand-powered wood device. This device was made of wood and was cranked by hand while water sprayed onto the dishes. This device was both slow and unreliable. Another patent was granted to L.A. Alexander in 1865 that was similar to the first but featured a hand-cranked rack system. Neither device was practical or widely accepted.

Not even the first to invent it AND needed the help of a man to make it (who probably was the actual inventor but let her take all the credit because he's a gentleman)

Doesn't even invalidate my point though.

hile the majority of couples disapprove of infidelity, some national surveys indicate that 15% of women and 25% of men have experienced intercourse outside of their long-term relationship. And, by including emotional and sexual intimacies without intercourse, these percentages increase by 20%.
>aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/consumer_updates/infidelity.aspx
There's your single statistic.

you're assuming that gendered patterns of behavior are symmetrical

their distributions are not the same. high value males are significantly more likely to cheat than high value women, and median value women are significantly more likely to cheat han median value men.

I'll let you wager a guess as to whether there are more high value or median value people, you retard

You need help brah. I have a dick, always had a dick, I'm hairy and I have a tight, virginial asshole where at the end of the day, yesterdays quarter pounder comes out. I'm much more of a man than you will ever be.

The fact that you instantly jump to assumptions because a man who defends women on fucking Veeky Forums is beyond your grasp just shows the sheer amount of delusion.

By the way, you must've never met a fucking trans male. The ones I've encountered weren't bitchy at all, because they're completely desperate to appear manly and therefore try to get rid of all the "feminine traits".

You're embarrassing yourself, just go back to r9k and complain about 'muh roasties' you weak, effeminate, "bitchy" cucklord.

>men are almost twice as likely to cheat on you compared to women

Are you.. Are you trying to prove my point? What the fuck?

>some bullshit about inherently subjective traits

Post a scientific source or swallow bleach you nigger. I'm not here to do some fucking retarded semantics games with you.

Medium value female my ass.

>posting the worst character from a good show

So you have shit taste, too, huh?

are you really trying to tell me that behavior doesn't vary according to gender and status?

are you REALLY trying to tell me that?

Its a reaction image you autismo.

of course it does, but you're still completely dodging my point, which was:

1. Women don't always cheat
>>
(ONLY 15% for intercourse)
2. Men actually cheat more often than women do
(25% for intercourse)

and it wasnt even me who posted this statistic

so even if my girlfriend is more likely to cheat on me because she might have a high salary, does that mean it's guaranteed?

hell fucking no

you know why? because in the end it all comes down to the fucking individual

statistics don't mean shit when your girlfriend is pious, at the same time 15% doesnt mean fucking shit when your girlfriend is a slut.it might only be 15%, but there's a good chance she'll cheat on you.

what's your point? do you actually save reaction images that aren't aesthetically pleasing?

now let me tell you.. that's some garbage, user

What does aesthetics have to do with reaction images?
And wasn't your original point that the character in my reaction image was a "terrible character", which has nothing to do with aesthetics?

there's two forms of aesthetics:

appreciation of beauty

and

a branch of philosophy that deals with the principles of taste

what i'm saying is: you have shit taste

fuck, this thread got me exhausted

like im talking to five year olds

This is the worst thread I have ever seen, but I'm somehow glad I made it. I had a hearty laugh.

Just a friendly reminder that men are assualted more, are murdered more, make up 95%+ of all workplace deaths, men are more likely to kill themselves, men recieve 1.5X longer prison sentences for the same crime, are close to 20X more likely to be killed by a cop, can still be conscripted, have 0 domestic violence services, have very few homeless shelters, are more likely to be homeless, are more likely to develop a mental illness, are less educated and have a shorter life span :^)

Women use men. Men use women. One-sided 'oppression' is a myth.

denisdutton.com/baumeister.htm

I see what you're saying man, but I don't get

>are more likely to be homeless, are more likely to develop a mental illness, are less educated and have a shorter life span :^)

how is this related? maybe the "less educated" part could be men being disadvantaged in society, but the rest? life span is biological, likeliness to be homeless probably due to heavy alcoholism or tragedies, mental illness is probably genetically predisposed, esp if we are talking statistics, no?

also

>are close to 20X more likely to be killed by a cop

don't you think this probably stems from the fact that men also make up most of the violent crime?

how much female rape, physical assault is there? how many females are shooting each other?

how many female gang members are there in comparison to male ones?

you have a few solid points but then just undermine them with information not even tangentially related, which makes your whole argument look incoherent and retarded

>men recieve 1.5X longer prison sentences for the same crime

this is a solid argument as to how men are disadvantaged, then you follow it up with something extremely stupid

>can still be conscripted

depends on country, no? here they can't.

then make it better, contribute smth

this is very true. thinking anything else would be completely naive.

> homelessness
This is relevant because whilst men make up less of the population and the largest percentage of the workforce, they are still more likely than women to be homeless, doesn't this strike you as odd. There is also underfunding in male homelessness, which again is weird.

>conscription
Whilst it isn't present in all countries, ask youself the question, who would be sent to the front lines first if my country was engaged in a major war?

>cop killing, mental illness
They were just in for dramatic effect, I was just pointing some shit that men deal with to discourage any argument for the patriarchy

feminism gives free contraceptives to women, while they do nothing for those for men, especially they never fought for them to be free of charge
and they never encouraged free drugs to fight against the erectile dysfucntion, as you must have a boner before even putting a condom, while they advocate sexual jouissance for every woman on earth

feminism does nothing to liberate the talk about psychological violence on men from women

feminism does nothing to liberate the talk of raped men inside a household

feminism favorizes the abortion whithout even the requirement to inform the father

feminism does nothing against coerced paternity

feminism does nothing about the inequality favouring women on the dating game

feminists actually do not promote intellectual independance as a men is considered a sexist scumbag as soon as he disagrees with them or even try to nuance their positions

do you still believe that the feminists fight for equality ?

women are better at life because women are better are using men. In fact, the reward for men to be used by women is that women give meaning to the life of men. THe devotion of men towards helping women, ''protecting'' them and providing for them is the meaning of life, for men. men love to feel relevant and they invent the story of helping ''species to survive''. [like the beta in your link says]. Men cling to their fantasy of merit, challenges, delayed/non-direct pleasure, intellectual pursuit because men do not find people to take care of them [like women are taken care of men].

Women themselves do not need meaning in their life. Women are not dumb as men. Women crave to be devoted because they get bored and have a feeling of unease from the lack of justification of the work of men who always try to take care of women.
Women want destitute people [but not poor.ugly men] to have a good life, to be provided for, like women are provided for by men [including by ugly/poor men].
THis devotion that women seek strengthens their believe that they are good women, while dwelling in comfy life day after day. they have the best of the two worlds: the sensual world, where they avoid direct pain and get direct pleasures, and the ''intellectual world, where they think they do good and are wonderful creatures.

Vilar's understanding of the female psyche was rewarded with:

>So I hadn't imagined broadly enough the isolation I would find myself in after writing this book. Nor had I envisaged the consequences which it would have for subsequent writing and even for my private life - violent threats have not ceased to this date
Feminists could never prove her wrong, therefore they resorted to over two decades of death threats and ostracism.

Love and tolerance, y'all.

Would you look at the sheer bravery displayed by the author to endure all of this.

>believing the alpha/beta meme

Guess what? You're just as dumb as they are.

>half German half Jap master race babies

So you're building the next generation of Supreme Gentlemen?
Nice

He forgot the most important part:

Your tiny asian weiner aint not match for her loose German cunt

Interesting view.
it seems that your argument boils down to "women are closer to animals in their pursuit of their instincts"
why would that be being better at life? Isn't exactly our capability of abstract thought that ensured our proliferation?
Sure, they live better lives than the average men. But can they fully appreciate them?

>don't date a woman then
Well, ok...

>your either a liar or are stupid
>your

Looks like you're the real stupid one here.

>Next you will question why a desert people have not invented boats

>when he goes on an angry rant and ends the post in "lmao"

Can't handle the banter, I see.

It's kind of hogshit. Historically women have always played some part in household labor, they just haven't been paid for it -- and to be fair, for a long time lots of men weren't paid for their work either.

The idea that women 'do nothing' is something that was largely confined to ruling classes until the spread of capitalism. Mind you, that doesn't mean gender roles didn't matter, but they didn't manifest in such a stark and alienating manner until industrialization.

>only a brain dead man would never blame a woman even when its' her fault

FTFY

>Women use men. Men use women. One-sided 'oppression' is a myth.
>this is very true. thinking anything else would be completely naive

FINALLY SOME COMMON SENSE

CLOSE THE FUCKING THREAD

Women have been too busy fantasizing about who to kiss

what do men use women for?

In hunter-gatherer societies (the first societies ever, basically humans' natural state) women took care of the gathering part, and some even hunted.
So yeah, it's complete bullshit.

The containment boards known as /pol/ and /r9k/ sure have leaks everywhere.

I learned a lot about Veeky Forumsdemographic from this thread.

Reminder that most men on Veeky Forums are going to have twisted views on this topic.

-Men with a oneitus will be too infatuated to have a real view.

-Virgins are too busy being distorted by excessive porn consumption.

-Nu-males are too busy being a doormat to realize their situation.

If you want to learn how to catch fish, ask the best fisherman not the biggest fish.

Men with a lot of experience with both long-term and short-term relationships will have the most objective advice.

I'm not that kind of man. I've only dated around and had one LTR whom I love and deeply care about. I've seen some fucking vile bitches in my day too.

I liked the book more when I was a virgin. My views have changed overtime after I've been in a good relationship.

Even if women do do the techniques and shit that the book mentions(they do) it doesn't change the fact that men will still love and care for them.

Go out there and talk to some good girls, my dudes.

So what you're essentially saying is
>the book is right about women
>but that doesn't matter because we still love them
Which only proves how much of a deluded slave you really are, remember during the plantation era it was common for the negro to embrace his cruel master and attack any who criticised him.

Also, enjoy getting cucked

Can't you tell what men use women for you stupid misogynist? Clearly men use women by making them the subjects of their poetry and music. How demeaning! And then they have the gall to dedicate works of art to their wives and daughters, and then they dare to use women as an excuse to specialise in a career and then do the same mundane task day after day after day.

We need to end the patriarchy once and for all, am I right ladies?

Men and women play the same manipulative games on each other
They have since the beginning of time

As someone who has dated alot of women

Most of them are wonderful humans, bright and funny, but, and this is a big but, they're all ultimately slave to their biggest weakness
Their emotions

Women just don't work without emotions, they can't put them aside like we men can
Even the smartest, most badass girl will at some point turn into a childish mess, unable to escape her emotional pressure.

It's kinda taboo to talk about these days, but it's just the truth, I have never met a woman who wasn't like this in some way

>someone disagrees with me?
>must be muhfuggin /pol/

>>>/reddit/

You don't get at all dude.

How many relationships have you been in? Have you ever loved and been loved by another? These are important questions that was grossly affect your already hot opinion.

>Cucked

I don't think you know what that word means.

Okay, you angry men in the thread probably won't read this, but here's my few cents:

Women manipulate men
Men manipulate women
They have forever

My advice?
Just learn to accept it

If you go into a relationship with distrust, you're going to get shit back.
Trust people around you more, sure you might get hurt, but you'll also be happier overall

I've dated alot of women, and I RECOGNIZE the games most of them play, but unless they go to far, I let them play.

Just chill out, brehs, life is too short to be mad

Preach brother.

Some sense in this thread.

Human females have evolved to manipulate males for shelter, food, and security. Otherwise women would have had no chance to survive in their current child-like forms and would have evolved brute strength and independence instead.

Manipulating men is ingrained into a woman's mind. She does it without meaning to unless she is consciously attempting not to . The only women who do not manipulate on some level are autists and bull-dykes.

Whether you take that as some moral position against the gender that historically has risked death by childbirth is up to you. Evolution doesn't try to be "moral" it just does its best to keep shit alive and reproducing.

This, thank fuck.

It's biology, lad.

I think I'm missing something here
What the hell do you guys mean by "manipulating"? What do women, allegedly, manipulate men for? Money? Sex? I think it's pretty obvious to tell when a woman (or a man) is only in for the money, and if you think they're all gold-diggers who'd cheat on you no matter what, you really need to go out more.

I think that most men would agree, at least privately, that women and men think differently, and that being emotional and sneaky is something women do. What I don't agree with is the conclusion that this means women are somehow all inherently dangerous, unfaithful, or incapable of rational, prudent behavior. I mean, just going by the statistics on violence, war and murder you could construct a convincing argument that men are cruel brutes, but that's clearly not the whole story.

Yes, a mere male would never be able to be even half as brave as a woman.
You go girl.

>So its a women writing about how much she hates other women?

>Human females have evolved to manipulate males for shelter, food, and security. Otherwise women would have had no chance to survive in their current child-like forms and would have evolved brute strength and independence instead.

For 90% of the history of mankind, humans lived in hunter-gatherer societies, where women worked just as much as men. Sure, the former were mostly gatherers while men were better at hunting, but there were no set roles and it wasn't unusual for women to hunt.
In other words, men and women relied on each other in a, dare I say it, equal way.