Unmodifiable engines?

Anyone else have an unmodifiable engine? Mines the v6 in a 95 audi 90. Yeah it makes good power but it's kinda boring.

There is no such thing as an unmodifiable engine, but there are plenty of engines not worth modding.

We'll I don't see what's wrong with this one. I'd settle for an exhaust and intake really.

those are both things that can easily be made

1998 Benz S500 here

Supercharge it, pleb

I wish I had enough money to throw at a supercharger.

I bet you could chip tune it for like 10 hp/10 ft lb at the peak. Probably cost under $400. I wouldnt bother, but probably an option

Actually that's the biggest problem with the 2.8 12v. No one ever bothered with cracking the ecm so no tunes available for it.

As for engine mods, the air box could do with a better entrance to the duct towards the MAF. There were velocity stacks made for that long ago. It also turns out that the intake to head port match is terrible on the 12v with the intake port in the head being smaller about a 1/4 inch all around which kills airflow. The intake port was also designed around a narrow-shot injector that was supposed to fire down that slot in the intake port. The actual injectors used were regular pattern injectors so all the fuel get sprayed all over the top and sides of the slot ruining mixture quality. A bit of head porting helps a lot on the 12v.

Thanks ill keep that in mind, i might have to pull the heads anyway so i might as well while their off you know.

There's gotta be something out there for it. Even my 1zz corolla has an aftermarket. Gonna cam it soon

Nothing. Just a cam and K&N air filter.

4 cylinder Ford ranger engine

I mean you probably COULD modify it

But doing so wouldn't make it get all that much more power

And ruin the reliability that defines this Low power engine

There's a reason you get the 4 cyl

And it isn't for modification purposes with a baseline of something like 105 hp when it was new

Probably closer to 80 hp now

If you want an intake it's pretty easy to make. Just need some tubing and a cone filter. And something to stick the MAF in

I have one of those, but a "Mazda" and actually they are quite good for turbo charging. It is essentially the same 4 cylinder turbo out of a fox body mustang with different pistons. People get the pistons from the mustang and can get around 500hp out of these motors which is astronomical for how slow it is stock. Supposedly the 2.3 out of the ms3/6 are based on this same motor which is hilarious but I cannot confirm this

Can confirm, own the 30v 2.8 v6. Modding is moot... You can throw on a pes supercharger but at the price it's not really worth it. You may as well buy a B5 s4 and use it as a crazy big turbo project.

The MS3 and 6 are their own architecture. They're very loosely based on the N/A MZR 2.3, but direct injection changed a lot.

People build the fuck out of 2.3s for dirt track.

Is there any engines where a standalone ecu will not work? I know the most reliable method for turboing n/a cars is almost always megasquirt+ weld t3 flange onto exaust manifold

Direct injection and VVT motors. Megasquirt can only do regular efi from my knowledge.

Megasquirt actually makes a box for vvt but only for the miata

Isn't this block very very similar to what the B5 S4 used? I mean you could probably swap one of those 2.7TT lumps in there if you were completely batshit.