>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

>650 op

kys faggit

that's not nearly being ran off the road, that's a normal day in the life of a motorcyclists, you shouldn't be in any situation where they're able to cut you off and have it cause you any distress, don't be next to them, if you aren't next to them, they pull out, you slow down a bit it ain't no thang, no stress.

You'll get used to it.

Eventually you just basically avoid almost anything "unexpected" happening through prior planning.

>stop at intersection
>try to shift into neutral
>lots of resistance from gear selector
>nope, that's first
>try to go half-click up, lots of resistance
>2nd
>1st
>2nd
>give up and go into 1st and hold clutch
>bike tries to creep forward
>take off, shifting into 3rd is really difficult
Is there a chance my clutch is fucked, or do I just have to adjust the clutch cable? This happened from one minute to the next while it was raining.

does your clutch engage close to the handlebar rather than further out?

clutch is fine just look in your bikes manual and do the adjustment procedure it recommends.

As far as I can tell it doesn't fully disengage at all even if I pull the lever in all the way.
It used to bite about 1/3rd of the way in, closer to the handle.

Yeah I will, just wanted your expert opinion on whether I should check the clutch itself as well.

hell no, don't even bother until you've done the cable. Takes 5 minutes max and you'll know if it's fine or not after that.

Have fun in the land of dirt and rocks

>being so gay for old wings that you start to delude yourself into thinking the laws of physics don't apply to them

gold wing isn't gonna be faster than a 300 on anything but a perfectly straight road

GSX-R1000>YZF-R1>ZX-10R>CBR1000RR

I'm not wrong.

you're just not right

>Got brakechecked in a residental area
What type of fucknugget does this? I wasnt even following that closely. There was just a lot of roundabouts so cars just cant match my pace

If that image.jpg is taking 2017 models into account, mistaken is what you are.

Halp DBT. i was invited to go ride with some 1%ers and while they area all cool to chill with i dont wanna run drugs

WEll DBT i ended up making some druink friends with 1% ers. I do want to go for a crusie with them but dont wanna run no drugs. what do?

Depends on if you understand the meme or not.

make another post about it

will have to wait and see until we get a group test of all the new models for that

got you senpai. I was asked if i knew how to ride my croctch rocket. told them how do they think i go ti there?

Got an invite to a cruise over the weekennd when im off work.

Goldwing has three times the power and a little over twice the weight.

Rip the shit off the Goldwing and you increase its ground clearance, power to weight, and handling substantially. Drastically increasing its performance.

Rip the shit off the Ninja 300 and do a bunch of power mods and you still have a slow as shit standard with some ugly wanna be bodywork.

Try again scooter rider. Get a real bike.

Aprilia RSV4>All

do you though?

They're not gonna make a random dude do anything illegal.

I do indeed
i thougyhtas much because there were chill as fuck at the bar

if you're just hanging out with them I wouldn't expect anything bad.

>go out of town for the weekend
>room mates throw a party
>move my bikes out into driveway to have room for festivities in garage
>middle of the night they try to move them back in.
>drop sportbike on themselves
>busted fairing
>dented and scratched tank
>text me in middle of my mini vacation to tell me
>want to murder someone

Fuck my life.

but does it still start and run?
>if yes make him pay to fix it
>if not
mnake him pay to fix it

Why is Ducati the only major brand still selling homologation specials?

He'll pay for it, right?

I would be livid if that happened to me, but my roommate rides too and would never do that.

>homologation
What's this?

>hey stacy check me out this is my bike

Selling something in order to make it legal to race in a production based racing class.

Nearly every 600cc and 1000cc sportbike out of japan is a homologation bike for supersport and superbike.

>He'll pay for it, right?
he said he would but he makes the least amount of money in the house by far.

He was talking to me about a payment plan or something earlier.

Pricing out all factory parts its about $1000 in damage, plus paint cost.

1. the 1299 is not legal in racing series, so they need to produce a homologation 1199R still.

2. "Prestige" brand means people will pay for the super expensive models, ducati is like ferrari, they built street bikes to go racing originally, this only changed in the mid 90s with the release of the monster.

3. Nobody gives a fuck about WSBK anymore, there are 3 people with real actual factory teams, Ducati, Kawasaki and MV agusta (who only run 1 bike and can barely afford to race), aprila stopped caring when they entered MotoGP, yamaha and honda are both "factory supported teams" but are not factory efforts.

>He was talking to me about a payment plan or something earlier.
that means at least he kinda feels obligated to fix it. that he cant afford to pay you cash to fix it be he does wwant to pay fo rit

Post gear

>icon variant
>icon Merc
>icon TiMax gloves
>icon field armor 2
>bull-it sr-6 jeans
>SIDI insider shoes for casual riding.

>introducing the "how to be a twat on 2 wheels" starter pack

Deal with it

>meme helmet
>literally a hoodie
>overpriced shoes that provide zero additional protection over a regular old boot
>memelar jeans
>gaudiest chrome gloves ever

You seem like a complete faggot with absolute shit taste.

almost forgot
>memehawk on meme helmet

jesus you are trash.

>all that icon shit

found the poorfag.

>Shoei helmet
>paki jacket
>everything else street cloths
>fucked my shit up because tennis shoes
>never again

But icon is kinda expensive senpai. The guy has shit taste but that gear isn't very cheap.

Hi

>tfw

>degenerate weeb pedophile
>too weak to quit smoking
>too retarded to wear proper footwear
>being a crasher

end it

I'm new to riding. What's a good brand for trail riding?

>$190 jacket
>expensive

>$400 helmet
>$250 gloves
>$200 boots

I'll give you the jacket tho.

working on it. I
hope to go fast before that happens though.

How does one git gud a riding the bike before the die being a street rossi?

That isn't expensive for boots.

or helmet...or gloves

>tfw I got my jacket for $100 on craigslist
shig n dig my man

That's like regular prices.

Helmet with discount: €400
Gloves with 50% discount: €100
Boots with discount: €120
Jacket: €450
Pants with discount: €300

>400 helmet
>expensive
>250 gloves
>expensive
>200 boots
>expensive

wow I'd hate to be a poorfag

What trouble would I have to go through to get a vin check on a motorcycle? A friend of a friend recently in got touch with me about a bike he wanted to trade. He has a bill of sale, which would still allow me to register it in my state. BUT the ignition and the gas cap lock are both torn out. I don't know him very well, but given his collection and half finished projects I don't he stole it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I rode it a bit and it's running perfectly fine and all he's not asking for much.

Check the catalogue for a vin check thread, there's usually one and if not there should be within a few days.

>BUT the ignition and the gas cap lock are both torn out.
sounds sketchy as fuck whee I live. Might be legit, but probably not. wish i could help you anaon but i cannnot check vins

Why do Americans need to pay to check out a bike?
I can just go to a government site, fill in the license plate and they give me all the information I need, like insurance, stolen or not, rolled back dials etc.

>I can just go to a government site, fill in the license plate and they give me all the information I need, like insurance, stolen or not, rolled back dials etc.

plates in freedom land dont work like that exactly. plate belongs to a person not the vehicle

For $400 you can get a lot of helmet unless you're paying the Shoei/Arai/Shubert brand tax. I mean a fucking Shoei X-Fourteen is like $400 in Japan that's just them fucking us over.

For gloves you can go lower than 250USD a lot more easily than you can go higher. Like say in Alpinestars line that's the bottom of their sport boots but around the middle of their gloves, even if everything below is shit.

not to mention that even top of the line A* gloves are shite

in most states

But they are linked to the car right? Or can you just have one plate for several car?

>can you just have one plate for several car?
Correct

>in most states
never been to a state that keeps plate with car when you sell it. soi maybe there is somewhere that works like that
>But they are linked to the car right?
yes in a sense.
>can you just have one plate for several car?
not where i live but i do not know the laws of other states. that might be how it works a feww states over

yeah it's sketchy as all fuck but besides some cosmetic issues it's looking pretty good for it's age. I'm fairly certain I've seen that bike on craigslist before, only it was missing the rear brake assembly. This guy said he'd been meaning to put one on but never got around to it.

well if you lived wher i do then there are two options
>buy bike and do all the normal shit and see if something fucky happens with the title
or
>person who bought it never signed title and was flipping it. buy bike never register or insure it and ride dirty. cops near me dont fuck with bikes because most of them can run if they dont crash

>peopleyoushouldshootonsite.jpg

Where is this from?

Jews?

missing the additional hodgson quote

Poor baiku. I can be her friend, I won't say horrible things about her.

Anyone has experience with BMW K1200S ?

Seems sexy as fuck but i'm worried about reliability, especially since most of them now hit 10+ years.

Guess muh bike

>brakechecked
I've never seen anyone do this in my life. Why there's even a word for something like that?
>americans

Scooter

>timbs
hayabusa for sure.

fuck off dan

>$400 helmet
>expensive
that's like the minimum you should be paying, or else you'll get plastic shit and have your brain burst like a watermelon when you crash.

drz 400

If it hasn't failed already, it won't fail.
Be wary about the drive shaft, don't know what exact K-series had the weak one. It's not the most expensive or hardest job, but from personal experience I can say it sucks.

Hilarious.

>HJC Helmet (snell) $150
>Some shit helmet (DOT) $89
>Armored textile jacket online $100
>Armored textile pants online $80
>"Assault Gloves" $45
>Boots that cover ankle bone online $50

Includes sales doesn't include taxes.

I understand that going to leather would be a step up, but otherwise.. What the fuck else do you need? As long as the quality is good enough to hold everything in place for a few moments (which it seems it is, 3 years and not so much as a loose stitch).

Helmets could be quieter but I've used worse. Tried a few and I guess Bell and Shoei just didn't fit right, they were actually louder.

Why would I spend $400 of my medium earned Canuckbucks on a textile jacket?

you're wearing the scratchy blanket equivalent of a helmet. ARAI is plush egyptian cotton with goose down in comparison.
Yeah you can cheapskate your gear but then you'll be wearing shit gear
buy right the first time so you don't have to buy again

I think I might sell my Dainese Carbon Cover ST gloves.

I wore them only a few times in winter so they never saw my sweat and haven't been deformed since they're too wide for me (that's why I'm selling them). It's a shame because they're undoubtedly the best piece of my equipment by far.

Anyone of you faggots interested? They're S size and I'm EU, Italy.

Have you submitted to your lord and saviour Aprilia?

Shave that neckbear
How much?
Full gauntlet or shorty?

Xsr900

Nice quads though

I can get on board with the helmet to an extent. But fuck.. $6-900 for a helmet?

It's a personal thing I think.. none of the other helmets I tried (including others from HJC) fit quite right. They all left gaps for air to make noise. Not sure if I tried an Arai or not. So if it's just a comfort thing, then I don't get it: buy whatever is comfy. They're all Snell rated, they're all just plastic and foam with bits of metal for clips and shit.

Also isn't Arai the brand with the fucky visors? I remember one of the "expensive" brands having a very weird visor clip design or something.

Full gauntlet.
Didn't think about how much I want. I paid them €110 and that seems the price right now. Maybe €90.

They're basically new, I can provide lots of pictures, they never saw a drop of sweat.

>buy right the first time so you don't have to buy again
You literally have to buy a new helmet each few years because it won't protect you anymore.

Yes :)

I would like to apologize for being a moron. I am the asshat with the R3 that called a Triumph Thruxton was and called it a shitbike.

I was wrong and I just assumed the bike was a bastardized UJM like the dozens that are littered across my school campus in the nice weather.

???
Because... Plastic... What? What part of a helmet's protection can possibly go bad if it never sees a fall?

I've only ever heard to replace it after it gets "used" because the internal structure might be damaged and be useless in the next "use".

The internal foam can go bad over time

I hate the styling. It actually looks downtrodden, like a big dog with its ears down.

Might be a fantastic bike to own but it's just so boring and sad to look at.