Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9W-2JsP6QMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah
My problem is i don't have any car i can claim to be my dream car

There's a bunch i like, but no single car is THE ONE

what's the car?
>inb4 panda Trueno

OP said it's shit; not a perfect downhill touge machine.

>not test driving it

no, my RS7 is perfect and not shit
and I kept my shitty old car for when I need a shitty old car

>RS7 is perfect
What the fuck am I reading?

u jelly?

>RS7
>perfect

GTFO with that 3k civic shit

I spent years saving up for an R32 GTR.

Within a month a realized that an R32 GTR is actually pretty shit.

I sold it within two months of owning the piece of shit.

>It's not good for me so it's not good for anyone!

>two pedals
Haha!
No.

Nope. Because they dont make my dream car so i gotta build it.

2002 or so body style crown vic 4x4 with a blown big block and tilt front clip.

Gonna be an expensive project.

Bonus points for coincidence tho. Lots of hood room and not a shit unibody.

No idea on the motor yet.

Will likely be a fuel injected blown raptor frame for the body if i dont go full trophy truck with it.

Impossible to tell what i like because nobody does this shit.

why? whats so bad about it?
Other than being left hand drive

not really, it's a pigfat VW sedan and it's not even a Phaeton.

Oh it wasn't the LHD, I live in Australia so I'm used to that.

It's the quality of the car that's overall shit. The body is flimsy as fuck, the interior's plastic feels like it's about to break at any moment. And my car had oil leaks all the fucking time.

It isn't even that fast of a car, and you can't even drift in it.

Found a new dream car yet?

Not yet. I've got a decent amount saved up right now and I'm just waiting on something I hope will be a good car. I'm still kinda sour about the R32 so I don't know if I'll be trying out the R34 anytime soon.

I've been thinking lately my dream car will have to be a full custom job

I still dont understand why the Phaeton exists. Why did VW build a luxury sedan that looks like a Passat and put a W12 in it?

how much was it? Kinda always wanted to buy one too bc it looks sick but now might reconsider

I got mine for $45k AUD

Don't know how much they usually run for in the US.

You can add reinforcements to make the chassis less floppy and the plastic interior is kind of the whole appeal for a 90s car I think. The interior is functional, very little for show and it still feels fairly high quality I think.

Of course if you wanted more than something that was like the Evo 9 you would be sorely disappointed.

>live in norway
>want big american suv
>finally find an affordable one that i can also legally drive
>black '96 chevy suburban, 6.5 diesel with 182,000 miles on it
>mega comfy ride, insane amounts of space, loads of turbo whistle, but no power
>having the time of my life. would take it on a ride just for fun almost daily
>about 5000 miles later the engine dies

This was 4 months ago. Ordered a used engine, but it's yet to appear ;__:

Its not this Quattro so no

youtube.com/watch?v=9W-2JsP6QMg

Goodbye present for their president. They wanted it to meet all these crazy standards and it did, but they made it VW because of him.

I'm sure it's trickled enough into other models that it's been slightly worth it by now.

pretty much why I'd settle for a motorcycle and some sort of A to B appliance

I've read about some guy who makes porsche copies out of old beetle frames or something though (and apparently he read about how germans pretty much pounded old airplane parts together against logs to make cars), so I suppose it couldn't be too bad. Of course 50s/60s stuff isn't ideal performance now.

>buy brand new car to stop having trouble every month
>new car is at the dealer every week

It's probably just the PMD

>r32 gtr
>can't drift in it

what the fuck am I reading

Have you owned an R32 GTR, user?

Have you driven an R32 GTR? Because I have, and you can't drift properly in them.

Current dream cars are the volvo 850 wagon and a buick grand national. If I'm making a mistake talk me out of it.

Wasn't it the purpose of the car? Being a monster in the grip races?

There is a sweet price spot for max enjoyment out of a car. Everything beyond that price will disappoint and everything under that price will blow your mind.

Miata is under that price.
Civic type R too.

Chiron is over that price. Its an awesome piece of machinery but it can never be worth all that dollas

At the end of the day, building your own car is best solution.

I like fwd and rally style builds. You get the multi-functionality and performance, and it's easier to rape on the road unlike rwd.

Apparently that wasn't the case for my GTR

>can't drift properly
>can't grip properly
Mate change your fucking tires

Like 30k USD

A couple years too late to do that now, user.

they thought having it look light a fat Passat would be a good idea. people in charge of VW suffer severe perception disorder.

My dream car is a first gen NSX. I'm expecting it to feel like an accord but faster and less practical. I really doubt it could disappoint me

should have bought gtst if you wanted to drift, faggot

>Carb
Ha!
No

Spent a lot of time on money on this one, but the handling is awful. Can't switch lanes at over 300km/h without the thing steering into the nearest truck or guardrail.

Might just get an Accord with bolt ons then.

going fast in old cars is never a good idea unless you're suicidal.

>hes not suicidal

Oh so you're poor then? We have one for our shop. Stock it's pretty good (they were designed in the mid 80's asshole). Add a little boost and it's damn good even my modern standards. Then put WHATEVER aftermarket you want on it and it's awesome. Only a moron thinks it's a "piece of shit." It's an old sports car, you're stupid.

I know this feel.

that's because your car is cursed dude

I am when I'm not in a car.

I would but the accord doesn't have pop ups, isn't RWD, isn't midengined and isn't an NSX

>bought my dream car on a whim without knowing it
>sold my dream car

I've destroyed something in myself. I am about 20% less happy with life.

What happened to it? And what was your dream car?

>spending that kind of money on anything but an exotic
gallardo
bentley
evora
granturismo
g63

>be fresh youngin with first car, new base econobox
>work as a lube jockey after quitting job at appliance store
>few months roll by, in comes an old Comanche that wants a lift installed
>instantly hooked on the "Cherokee, but a TRUCK" aesthetic
>four years later
>wormed my way into the back of a dealership to sit on my ass all day in the warehouse
>kick together $1,500, search for XJ
>89 Comanche pops up
>drive an hour out to look at it
>ancient hick with a beard to his belly button gets out of a CRV
>shake hands, look over the truck
>It's beat
>bad
>knew it had a dying rear end but was gonna fix it anyway
>everything else looks bad but servicable, engine and transmission recently rebuilt
>pay $1,400, shake hands, tail my roommate home
>barely any brakes
>no speedo
>no aircon in early september Texas heatwave
>seat wobbles
>steering is loose
>tries to kill me three times on the way home
>over the next several months realize the truck is in far worse shape than I thought, with rust in the floorboard, all fasteners in the dash are non original or just missing, the engine harness is on the way out, random electrical problems with weird symptoms start to manifest, won't fully start without a jump even with a fresh battery and now doesn't respond to any controls or power at all
>try not to cry
>cry a lot

its awd

There are multiple videos out there of Tsuchiya drifting a stock R32 GTR. It's really not hard if you know what you're doing.

>spending money to show off instead of buying things you most enjoy yourself
Poorfaggotry is truly a state of mind.

>paying over 1k for a beat to shit ameritard car

Its fucked aint it.

Anything similar or u mean like 1 off kit car style?

>buying an old Lambo, Ferrari, V6 "exotic", chadwagon, or a poor man's Ferrari

ishygddt

Fuck man. Sucks. Should look into making that bitch 4x4 and deisle modding. For example on a piece of ahit dodge the cummins bittom is good for 1,000 hp. You can fire ring the heads and get api studs, bigger injectors, and chip it for not very much money at all and double the performance. Good luck foreignerbro.

If u want to save money and want power jist throw a 454 chevy gas motor in it

Sucks bro. Just get an old 3/4 ton chevy frame and trhow the cab on it.

The millenium curse

I had that when I bought a '59 Cadillac. It was so dull from a driving perspective that I sold it and bought an Excalibur.

>don't live in europe
>but want a volvo v90
>none for sale here, not sure if they ever sold
tfw

well, that became its main appeal. That lower class scum cant tell that youre rich.

Found the disillusioned boomer

newfag

Never meet your heroes

>having an affordable dream car
My dream car is an Iso Grifo, can never be disappointed if you will never own one

Don't want a kit car because I want 2 doors, 4 seats and a boot

Smallish 70s Jap coupe style like GC110 skyrine/mazda rx3 would be my dream car but given how expensive they are now a custom is feasible

When I was young and dumb at 16, I reallllly wanted a 1990 Pontiac Grand AM SE. All white. I begged mom. No way she said.

How right she was that car was a steaming pile.

no one told you to be such a naive faggot listening to the sponsored media.
>Advertisement does wonders I suppose

As someone who's dream car is a piece of shit from the 50's I can only imagine that's what I'd feel if I could buy it

TFW have to seek out advertisements to in order to figure out what I want to buy. The 1080ti launch for aftermarket venders is about to start and I'm literally trying to find ads because they will all be bought up 10 seconds in because of mah ebay scalpers.

Are you the user that bought the 360 modena?

>dream car is a 59 cadillac
Was something wrong with it or was it just slow and heavy? I've always wanted one, and I've gotten used to the mindset that I won't exactly be getting speeding tickets. If beyond the speed and weight of it there's another aspect making it boring to drive, should I kill this dream for good?

I'm a recovering NEET who's got no future ahead of him, I've given up on even getting a car newer than 10 years old, let alone my dream car, pic related

My dream car is an AW11 in white.

will I be disappointed?

Is it a realistic goal or will it give me nothing but headache due to how old it is

maybe take it into a mechanic, they're still really solid

chassis might be a little soft, but they were made really well, and it's nothing aftermarket support won't help

>own 2 AW11, 1 SW20, 1 ZZW30

Toyota can rule sometimes

Why did I fucking sell it?

>bought an immaculate 92 honda for the same price
heh
always buy japanese user

my dad took his a3 into the dealership for (((routine maintenance))) a few months ago and they gave him a fucking rs7 as a loaner car, it was really nice

you got the devil bolt on kit didn't you.
Do the EFI conversion and handling should improve.
>tfw ordering post facelift zzw30 with TTE exaust
>tfw test driven it so know it's not as kart like as an sw20
I'm fucking pumped

Old money doesn't like being seen in nouveau riche things like Audis

>'affordable' dream car is a mk2 golf GTI
>stuck with a mk2 golf 1.6D

at least it's fun through when going around corners

PMD works fine. Using it on my dads truck now.

Ye, sucks pretty bad. Already a 4WD tho. Thought about swapping for a gasser but a rebuild is too much work for me without a dedicated wrenching place.
Found a good looking one with only 100k miles on it, though. Only wanter about $4k for it. That's not a lot in Norway, maybe 1/3 of a mint pickup/burban. Just a shame the frame had spooky amounts of rust on the body mounts.

I felt that disappointment when I drove/rented a new car. It was a 2015 H Sonata in 2015. I expected a nice new car, but it was stock, bottom of the line everything. Drove just like my 04 civic, just looked different. Disappointment ensued and I realized cars are all pretty much the same when you strip down the interior

nope. had mine two years, love it.
just buy another one

Not particularly, but I giess I understand your disappointment.

The chicks didn't care huh?

That's what you get for buying a car that appeals to aspies, and not bitches.

10/10 would bust a load on that interior. Can I test drive it if I give you mediocre head and don't swallow?

Try driving a car that isn't a shitbox.

The Gn is shit.

Those things are giant boomer memes that are not even that fast these days unless you spend a shit ton of money on it in a dwindling number of shops that still know this old engine.

LSx checy engines have pretty much replaced the stupid Buick motor in any GM go fast efforts. The GN has zero redeeming values except for the blacked out looks (assuming you find one in black) but that could be easily ,matched by numerous other SBC powered options.

Do an LSx swap into a third gen Fbod, or another B-bod.

The volvo is a solid driver

Old money doesn't buy shit phaeton a either....

They just maintain Benzes longer.

Sorry you bought a shitty dream car OP. I can see why you're sad.

>Tfw first car is thrashed civic auto thats dying.
>Love 7th gen civic coupes
>Will take rsx
>Dad got the car for my brother from a place he could just drop 2 fucking payments at because he didnt want to deal with it
>Other places with the same year and trim had low mileage for less with no difference in price between auto and manual
>Tfw learned manual in a corvette from boomer great aunt
>Manual in the zo6 sucks but c5 was ok
>Tfw just want manual shitbox 7th gen
>Parents want me getting something newish
>Test brz
>Its boring
>Test rsx
>Its interior is shit and was meh to drive
Yeah... Idk what to do when the autotragic civic dies.

>just buy another one
Heh, i regret selling it but wouldn't want to buy another, not until I've had a few other types of cars first