What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

motioncars.inquirer.net/48231/velosters-luster
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a Hyundai.

no aftermarket support, made by hyundai, trash suspension, numb feeling

Why does everyone shit on Hyundai in this board....

Agree with the no aftermarket support. It's still a relatively new model so.... maybe it'll get some parts soon? idk

because it's shit, thought that was pretty obvious

naw, the ST is younger than the Veloster turbo and it has a huge aftermarket. I could barely find anything for the VT or the Genesis Coupe

Idk, Hyundai has gotten statistically better every year and has a bigger market share than ever. The fill their niche of "not Toyota but not Mitsubishi" pretty well. They aren't as refined as Toyota or Honda but they're good cars.

Hyundai are like modern Toyotas and Hondas.

They are just a generic shitbox car. Their 'sports' models are generally the same frame as their generic brands with a bigger engine and possibly a new transmission but nothing else added.

None of their cars are for enthusiasts. They are for mid-life crisis regret purchases for people without the balls to buy a proper sports car for the same amount.

If you are thinking about buying a Hyundai for that purpose then just laugh off the idea and buy a Mazda MX-5/Miata instead and get an actual fun car to drive than an upgunned econobox.

I don't advocate buying anything Japanese at this moment in time outside of daily driver land. It's been too long with their dominance of the car market that they've become boring and generic with their creations.

No more funky engine choices.
No more interesting suspension.
No more aftermarket shit.

They have become comfortable and it's starting to hurt them.

So we're not gonna even consider the fact that the car looks good? It looks way better than most hatchbacks nowadays.... But everyone just cares about power and speed lol

I agree I enjoy the styling but it's not for everyone more people think it looks ugly than good. And looks have nothing to do with aftermarket support ya dingus

It doesn't look good though. It looks like an aborted hatchback.

If the roof was lowered and the rear window not tighter than a nun's snatch then it might work but it looks retarded.

It's like the Swift's retarded failed abortion brother.

Looks like an uglier version of the Megane coupe.

what's wrong with the genesis coupe?
Seems pretty good for the price

Everything

If it's not JDM it sucks, right? Veeky Forums

Worse than everything else in the same price bracket.

lol its ugly as fuck mate

Penis windows

oh shit I think they stopped making it because its not on their website anymore

What about this tho?

?????

honestly, i know this guy that tracks his Velo and it's not even a turbo or anything!!!!!! it's basically a base model!!!!!!

It's a Hyundai, dumbass. It was never right in the first place

With dem Evo Enkei's and before the widebody.

1: That 3 door shit is retarded. It was neat when Saturn did it, but Hyundai could not pull off the same trick gracefully.
2: It's based on the Accent. It is literally an Accent Coupe. There's nothing special going on here.
3: What aftermarket support? Oh congratulations, there's computer tunes available! Like there is for every single turbocharged engine.
4: handling is shit.
5: Build quality is shit.
6: Reliability is shit.
7: They're bought by morons who know absolutely nothing about cars.

In all honesty, the Scion tC, Honda Civic Coupe, and Volkswagen Beetle are all better buys. Personally, I'd have the Scion or the bug over this abomination.

Do you have proof for these claims? You sound like a butthurt bench racer.

Front looks alright
Back looks trash

It's kinda like they were developed by two separate teams with two different design goals who were forced to work together at the last minute.

my girlfriend has a 2016 veloster and it's actually really nice.
it's the new shitbox tier car, so i don't understand why Veeky Forums wouldn't like them?

they're cheap cars and feel shitty, but come with a warranty. They get bad reviews because of this but the lack of refinement makes it feel like the 90's jdm cars that we all love so much.

Have you even driven one of these? Only reason I'm posting is because I have this car and it is absolutely a great car. I wanted to see if anyone else thinks the same, but this stupid board only cares about japanese ricebuckets, and fuckin grandpa cars.

this

motioncars.inquirer.net/48231/velosters-luster
>The Veloster is built on the same platform as the Hyundai Accent subcompact and shares its basic 1.6-liter GDI (gasoline direct injection) 4-cylinder naturally aspirated engine with the Kia Rio.
>Handling is predominantly safe and predictable, not overly engaging, since the Veloster is based on the Accent, an economy car.
>The Veloster is supposed to replace the Tiburon, which was a sports car, although the Veloster does not have the handling and driving dynamics of the Miata MX-5, Toyota 86, or Subaru BRZ.

You made a terrible decision and should be castrated so your stupidity does not affect future generations

>1.6l i4 FF drivetrain with sub200 hp
>Tracking it
More like going for a Sunday drive. I'm sure their great DD'ers but they have no racing capabilities.

is that a katana hilt as a shifter?

yesssssssssss looks dope, right?

Hyundai owners everyone!
Now point and laugh!

p cool m8 honestly would've never thought of that.
Now all you need is some anime stickers

You're not a true car enthusiast if you like making fun of others' build. Those wheels alone probably cost more than your JDM shitbox, bitch.

my english is autistic i know

Yessssss but I feel since I'm reppin' KDM anime stickers wouldn't make sense, ya know?

Blind spots everywhere, terrible rear visibility. Somewhat hard to get in and out of, sits very low. Trashy interior build quality.

>it's actually really nice
No it's not Alex it's actually a gigantic piece of shit

nothing ford focus st is a great car

I'm not Alex, lol. He's a guy that I follow on IG.

@alex.nova

I didn't reply to you

Hyundai is pretty good lately

If you're talking about modern cars, which are all shit, you got a couple new players who make some reliable shitboxes.

Hyundai and Kia being the surprising ones.

my bad, g

I actually think it looks dank as fuck. Dat gap.

did you expect any answer but fuck yes? because you're not getting it.

fuck yes.

It is dank af, did you see it with the enkei's?

Owned a Genesis Coupe. 2.0T

Absolute shit. I traded it in for a loss after 6 months of driving that piece of shit.

>curbweight sucked
>engine sucked
>trans sucked
>interior sucked
>handling sucked

Literally any of the other rwd coupes available at the time would of been a better buy.

Korean cars are trash. They haven't been in the game as long as everyone else, that's why they go for style with no substance. They make it look as pretty as they can, and slap together an engine, or borrow one from another manufacturer.

We're not talking about the Genesis.

nobody asked you faggot

>fat
>Not enough power
>Too rice while having no power

Yeah, the turbo version exists, but it stills too slow for a hot hatch

Nobody asked for your obvious bias and distain for hyundai.

It would of been great if is was awd and had a good aftermarket

3 door is a meme, and the 3rd door isn't even on the driver's side.

I'm a 5' 9" 'manlet' and the car felt too short for me when I test drove one.

It's not enough power for a "hot" hatchback.

Yeah, they're going to make a successor under the Genesis brand. They're trying to get away from the stigma of being "lmao just a Hyundai."

What year? 2013 Gen Coupes are a huge improvement over the first gen. The interior is nice. Your mistake was getting the 2.0T, not the 3.8, especially if you didn't mod it. Of course it's gonna suck shit with what was probably a 200 hp engine at 3300 lbs. Last gen 3.8 had a 350 hp direct injection engine which was enough.

I'll grant you that the manual transmissions suck.

>says a guy that bought a Fiat

Nobody gives a shit about your anecdote that has a 50% chance of "shit that never happened."

Reminds me of the new Mazda CX-5. It's great at the front but the back is absolute garbage tier.

Mostly it boils down to fanboyism of other badges and occasionally nationalism (watch out for posts that shits specifically on Korea instead of cars).

Anyways, don't take any advice on Veeky Forums (pro Hyundai or not) because nobody here knows what they're talking. Myself included :)

*talking about.

You know what I'm talking about.

>implying JDM
USDM motherfucker. Built in Tennessee.

I do appreciate other cars. I can appreciate a well built Hyundai. What I can't stand are retarded owners.
Kill yourself.

>I work for Hyundai in Canadaland as a sales manager. Only fucking idiots buy Velosters. Even more so the rally edition
>We sell 1 Veloster every 4-6 months and our showroom is the third highest by sales volume per month in all of Canada
>Typical Veloster buyer is a woman with no knowledge of cars what so ever

>all the gook-trash shilling in this thread

i can appreciate that the design of the veloster is original unlike other korean garbage, but performance-wise & quality-wise it falls flat on its face

yo bitches fuck you my dick is bigger than yours anyway and your mom likes it in the 3rd door

>Built in Tennessee.
assembled by cleetus and glued with bubble gum

case in point

>napoli motors milford, ct license plate frame

nice I remember you sort of. You don't live in Milford though, right

>But everyone just cares about power and speed
Kys

It was actually made by Bo, Randal (Randy for short), Clarence, and Buckley. And the glue was made from the following components:
weeks old horse radish
chewed up chewing tobacco
that gunk under the mini-fridge in the shop only containing genuine American made Budweiser and Miller beer (no light versions)
And the lastly they pack the muffler with the stubs of their Pall Mall Red 100s cigarettes (To minimize noise and improve cabin sound).

>waa people that like cars that I hate (your literal trip name) are all shills!

How triggered do you have to be to create a trip like that? You're the shameless and dedicated shill.

The only similar thing is that they have vertical grilles. DIfferent shape & design of grille, different headlights, different what-you-call-those-clutter-shit-in-the-cheeks, different indentation on the hood, different overall shape.

Anyways, the overall features are basically what many other cars in that segment has.

"GOREAN SHIT CARS ALSO HAVE 4 WHEELS"

>you're not a true...
Fuck off to Car Throttle

Hey, it's the "Koreans makes my blood boil" autism weeb/Jap guy

this

Meant to say horizontal grilles, not vertical. Doesn't change anything I said though.

savage

>genesis
>frame specifically built fro the car by some of the best German engineers

>audi
>rebadged vw with leather

memeballs are absolute cancer, Veeky Forums truly would be a better place without faggots like yourself.

It is a different way of driving because of that, i doubt you have ever driven a fast quattro audi, i doubt you have ever driven anything.

because they don't have a dedicated motorsport program, and never have. their only 'foray' has been some third party WRC builder using Hyundai logos and cash.

When they start actually racing their cars and winning, then people will take notice.

I don't like the roofline or the way the hatch curves, that and its grill looks fucking stupid, I hate lexuses and audi's grills just as bad.
Most people looking for an entry level sports car want either power upfront or aftermarket power, something this car has neither of.

>korean car
>glorious nippon JDM styling

heresy

>it has a grill, headlights, and four doors
>clearly a gook impostor of superior White brands

>different way of driving
yeah, like a fuckin shopping cart

"""""sport stylings""""""

People don't really choose cars based on whether that company won races or not, right?

Mmaayyybbee

wew

lad

No reason to buy them with the ST bros, Civic hatch, mazda3 hatch, gti/golf. All of these outshine the Hyundai in every way

No you're right cars like Mazdas are quite better than a plain old Hyundai econobox. It's just puzzling why autist tripfags like exist.

They do. In fact they credit the company for the entire machine plus tuning, rather than just the engine and relevant factory parts.

>When a guy in a 97 slammed jetta fucked your oneitis and you make it your life goal to irritate the most people on a taiwanese origami forum

>Reverse image shows no results

kek some weeb obviously got freshly triggered from this thread

anti-gook man going full force tonight

I wish they gave me racecar tuning to my economy-class shitbox..

Oh wait, they don't :)

Ehhh, it just feels directionless. Not particularly sporty, engaging, or practical.

function > form

If the rumors about them swapping it to an MR configuration are true, it will be significantly more interesting.

nope. Don't live in Milford. That's just where I bought the car in 2011.

>mistake was getting the 2.0T not the 3.8
and there are people shitting on the toyobaru twins because it is a 2.0 with the only bad quality of torque dip
for the price, any hyundai shit is a piece of shit because it is a shit with sparkly cover on it

One and done.