/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General
(eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate, genocide).
/cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Autism Edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NfrYbSh3uwQ
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-55-unity-and-traditions.988693/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for space mining

2nd is for how the fuck we get greatest Moon in solar system.

Io is better

Would you?

Still smaller than your mom.

How far Moon is and how we get through van Allen radiation belts?

Yes look at those fucking hips

>mfw a pre-ftl nukes itself before it starts competing for space against me.

Remove "genocide" from the OP.

>inb4 "Roman empire was fascist" autist derails the thread

But genocide is fun, user.

Odd. I'm spamming apostles but for some reason they aren't getting promotions anymore. I'm getting the notification that they are ready for a promotion as soon as I buy them with faith but the actual option to promote them isn't there.

What's the "right price" for stellaris?

Also, can I run it on lowest settings with a laptop Intel HD 5500?

Are battleship carriers a thing?
Should I go full BSG?

The minimum requirement is a GTX 970

I've been playing around with them, they're not bad at all.

Does that mean no?

How do like like playing game in 1:1 time scale?

Sounds immersive!

It should be free.
Heck they should pay for play as you beta testing.

wtf I love autocannons

So Authoritarian and Egalitarian are replacing Individualist and Collectivist, or are they keeping them?

You can be an authoritarian individualist ("Be individualist/capitalist or else GIT OUT!", supporting an authoritarian state), as well as an authoritarian collectivist (all must join the hivemind!).

Likewise you can be an egalitarian individualist (it's okay if you're different, etc., we support welfare programs, etc but believe in individuality), and an egalitarian collectivist (the collective is better than individualism, we support welfare and free shit, etc,)

The Ix'Idar are made sense as a collectivist hivemind bug race.

Is there any point to using disruptors and lasers?

Seems like the edgy hardcore gaymerz all spam le autocannons and le torpedos.

>Authoritarian and Egalitarian are replacing Individualist and Collectivist
They also add Hive mind or something like that as 9 'ethic'.
Yeah they should keep old and add new but it was triggering swedecucks and lefties for whatever reasons.
Well they are technically better at cutting armor. And have better range I think.

>Yeah they should keep old and add new but it was triggering swedecucks and lefties

Yeah, I checked out a Reddit page about the Egalitarian/Authoritarian change, and half of it was filled with literal Marxists bitching about how "communists don't have slaves!"

They seem to put a lot of emotional investment into their commie shit, without realizing that idealism doesn't determine reality. You can have a collectivist horde that enslaves its own members and other races "for the greater good." For instance, the Ix"Idar. Just because space bugs are ruthless and do mean things, that doesn't mean they aren't collectivist.

Also, on the Swedecuck topic. I'm starting to get pretty annoyed by all of Wiz's (Martin Anward) Trump references in his let's plays. It's obvious he's butthurt about Trump winning.

i run on max with an r9 200

Yep. He even hide his Make Space Great Again hat when Trump win. His butt still hurting.

Individualist can be pretty oppressive or even pro slavery or genocide. Laws for citizens - hunger or slavery for none.
They are good. Not that good against heavy armored targets but still they have greatest DPS from all small weapons.

At 5fps

>what were Soviet labor camps
I fucking hate Communists and Communist apologists.

Collectivism is also much broader than just Communism.

I'm sure someone will mod the change within hours of the new version coming out.

>greatest moon
>doesn't even have an atmosphere
LaughingTitan.png

>Individualist can be pretty oppressive or even pro slavery or genocide. Laws for citizens - hunger or slavery for none.

I'm an individualist, and I can admit this.

A plutocratic oligarchy, for instance, would be authoritarian/individualist; because individualism is upheld as an ideology, but it is not technically democratic. Hans-Hermann Hoppe is an IRL proponent of this type of ideology.

Likewise, a direct (or indirect) democracy would be individualist/egalitarian; since it allows the low-tier plebs to dictate state policy via voting.

All of this must take more deep thought than the average normie can handle, I suppose.

They can't accurately represent ideology with three dimensions, let alone one.

I always get the impression from Wiz's comments that he would do things differently if he had designed it or wasn't working for Paradox, but they're stuck with the framework the original developers made.

Hardcore individualists and ancaps tend to believe that not every vote is equal and some individuals should have more weight directed towards their input because they have more worth.

They have shit range
You just mount them on large slots and use something else on the smaller ones
I just got myself a Gamma lazor drop so I will probably add them on small and medium slots instead of railguns

Problem with lazers is not that they are not good its that they need physics research which practically means you need to upgrade your entire fleet trough physics

>>what were Soviet labor camps
Exactly that a labor camps. Reeducation by work. dangerous enemy of the people get executed. BTW:
>what are American Prison–industrial complex?

Its almost the same thing only food and housing is better.

Who decides "the worth" though?

Money duh

so I'm trying out ballistic weapons and I'm seeing you have a lot of choices here. are there any specific best types or will the auto set up actually be reliable here.

Does it mean if you take the money away forcibly you worth more automatically?

Does anybody use disruptors on corvettes?

It seems like a logical choice, because corvettes are meant to fly-in and disable the enemy fleet's shields, so the bigger ships can hit them with long-range, anti-armor weapons.

That being said, do people typically only put anti-shield weapons on main design corvettes, or do you add harder-hitting weapons too? Would a disruptor/laser/plasma Interceptor corvette be good; or should it be disruptor/disruptor/plasma?

I tried to play as an energy weapon only empire in Stellaris 1.2, and I kept getting my shit rekt.

>if you take the money away forcibly

That would violate the NAP.

A person who doesn't abide by the property covenant would need to be PHYSICALLY REMOVED.

That is how pre-18th century societies operated

my corvs are just shields and kinetics usually because i try to keep them cheap

That's how pirates work.

They work well as far as they can get close enough.

Look at my 4 corvettes.
4 models
Capitalist:
>all fancy shit
>shields
>costly, high maintenance
Soviet:
>all essentials
>no shield
>reasonable cost
China System Defense:
>cheap
>still good dps
>slow and no shield
World Best Corvette
>cheap
>its made of shit
Thing is all of them have 300 HP. Capitalist one have also 210p Shield.
But you can get 4 SyS DeF for that price and pay the same upkeep for 4(or 2 if you get twice of your Naval capacity).
They are also better at scaring AI away. And it doesn't matter that they die faster if you can bring twice(or fourth) that many as it mean more DAKKA.
Only downside its that they are slow.

Battleships are for Kinetic artillery and Giga cannons. They will hit faster than corvettes can fly and strip enemy shield.
Then Your corvettes get to enemy and attack armor(try mining laser).

ok so if I make super basic corvettes then awesome, but I've still got other types of ships to make so that raises the question of what to do with their loadout since theres like 3 or 4 kinds of ballistics

Autocannons have insane DPS but small range
Railguns have decent DPS and long range but lack a bit on accuracy
As I said above I am going for large autocannons and railguns medium/small which happen to sit on the same range

18th century society wasn't technically ancap or minarchist (with an i, not a typo), though.

The nobility system was based on perceived "divine right", or just the fact that the nobles controlled the military and police. Even if they made shitty decisions or bankrupted their kingdom, they could still stay in power due to this.

Ancap meritocracy is based on how objectively valuable your property and products are, though. In an ancap society, if a rich person fucks-up and goes bankrupt, the state won't be there to bail them out; and they'll be reduced to a pleb. This allows other people to rise up the ladder and become the new wealthy elite. The difference between 17th century aristocracy and modern ancap/minarchist thought is the concept of "privilege to rule."

Funnily enough though, Hoppe himself says that monarchy/aristocracy is better than modern democracy (from an ancap viewpoint), because it made for more de facto meritorious leaders. The logic being that a noble who is raised all his life to be king is more skilled than some democratic official who just knows how to appeal to the base (often non-meritorious or correct) desires of plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=NfrYbSh3uwQ

I mostly ignore destroyers and my PD defense are cruisers with Flak(one) and rest is like this user stuff so they are medium range.
Battleships have Giga cannons and Kinetic artillery.

Now about Missiles
Missiles have good DPS, longest range and 100% accuracy all the time
But they can get shot down by PDs

On the other hand Torpedos are slower but harder too shoot down

I myself use the "Mount a torp on the corv and and fire at stabbing distance" strategy so they dont have the time to shoot them down

I'm finding that in the late game all I'm building are battleships with kinetic arty and giga canons and destroyers kitted out for PD.

If I build carriers with all fighters would they do the destroyers job better?

They also slow and disappear when target is destroyed.
SO if you shoot 10k missiles at one corvette and it get blow apart by first 10 the rest of them disappear which make gigantic lose of DPS.

Also, I was using that mod that adds a bunch of new ships parts and ship classes, so I had three different classes of battleship. Not really that important, but just for clarity.

Also should I use battleship or cruiser sized carriers for PD?

Thats why you put them on a corvette and stab them in the dick with it

HAK HAK HAK

what is the best ancap build in stellaris?

Fanatic Individualist + Materialist?

what about flak though? I just got that research and I haven't heard much mention of it.

Individualist/ Materialist/ Militarist (muh guns)

-Solitary
-Resilient
-Thrifty

Well to be fair I am not there yet myself
This is my first ran since the 1.2

Collectivist
Militarist
Materialist

Thrifty

Plutocratic Oligarchy

After the an-cap revolution destroyed the states, the world is ruled by powerful corporations who filled the power vacuum by buying out private courts and then slowly buying up all assets. Anyone who dissents against the totally-not-a-state is enslaved for violating the employee contract and therefore the NAP.

blese repond

>Collectivist

just make cruisers with plasma

Corvette
>go fast
>cheap
Destroyer
>PD screen
Cruiser
>PD and punch, heavy armor
BB
>long range punch
>armor
You can skip cruisers.
Hangars are meme as they are countered hard by PD and by the time they arrive you actually fuck enemy shit with long range rock throwers.

>energy weapons

r u some sort of ayy?

Stellaris question, do robots benefit from the -10% growth time of the rapid breeders trait?

> the state is unjust because it favors large corporations over small business through regulation
> therefore, if it is in the best interest of large corporations to maintain a state they totally won't create a new one if given the chance

I thought fighters were the PD.

I believe a destroyer with large/medium slots is viable too
I use them with success so far at least

ok so I'm not exactly trying to do imperium of man here, but having vassals as xenophobe militarist just becomes a pain when you do something they don't like, and expanding is a bitch because there's that great chance you get stuck with only 3 habitable planets around you. so when I'm making an empire cede planets I assume this is where you should make use of slavery right?

Xenophobes dont like Xenos, slaves or otherwise
Better save yourself the trouble and plainly purge them

>Robots
>breeding

well fuck, I thought having pure slave planets would be an option. then how the fuck am I supposed to expand, robots?

What's that swirly blue resource emblem next to the green apple food emblem under the Paradise Dome description?

That is why I'm asking, robots don't breed but they have a growth time, which is what the breeding trait does.

how would they get the trait in the first place

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-55-unity-and-traditions.988693/

oh. right, I forgot that part. Nevermind

The normal xenophobes are okay with enslaved xenos.
Anyway its better to keep xenos enslaved on separate planets. Like full mining one.
Or you can convert them. They will get -10 for alien overlords but you give them monument of purity and you are set.
Well I believe that xenophobes don't like robots. So terramorfing. Also its fine to just enslave everything and produce shit tons of minerals and then exchange it in trade enclave for energy or make your own core planets fully energy ones.
Unity. For ascensions and trees.

Reddit says to use plasma for cruisers and up and only one artillery per ship

If you conquer another race's planets, you can use that race as slaves if you want.

If you're a xenophobe, just use the new race to colonize planets you want to designate as slave planets. Building a colony ship at a spaceport over their planet gives you the option to choose them as the colonizing race.

For instance, I conquered the Ix'Idar, and I use them to exploit arctic planets, and I also use them as cannon fodder when invading enemy planets. I send in like 5 Ix'Idar armies and watch them get slaughtered, before sending in my serious armies, because I think it's funny.

I like to use destroyers as cheap artillery batterys where its sole purpose is just to hold an artillery peace and die if it gets shot and hope to drown the enemy in shells

Didn't you ask for kinetic only or I mixed you with somebody else?

Yeah if you want go full reddit go
>cruisers only
>one kinetic art + plasma mediums
>can mount one flak on every 2nd or 3th one.

yeah terraforming fixes the problem once you get the tech
brb starting game like this

so wait, xenophobe militarist military dictator ship can't enslave shit? why

You are alone in the galaxy you dumb fuck.
Who do you want to enslave?
>aliens
And what else unicorns?
Do you meet any aliens that you can enslave?

I would just assume that any person playing this game would be aware it has aliens and would let you set up for that.

>why
Because you are not running the current patch

what

Maybe you need to encounter aliens first

>Had base game of Endless Legends
>Played it this weekend because everything was free
>Can't buy the expansions at the mark down because its "already in my steam library"

T-thanks Gaben.

>two planets
>still one science ship

Triggered hard

wat
Try looking again, try opening the various bundles, try separately. It should work, it's worked before.

Oh I've tried.
Every time I get to the cart and it forces me to select to buy as a gift.

happy now?

>there are moon landing deniers
>in a thread that's 50% Stellaris
Abnormies need to go back to Veeky Forums.

Do the Endless Legend expansions make the game significantly better?