/twg/ - Total War General

CA did Bretonnia right edition.

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.
Louen start in Couronne
Alberic start in Bordelaux
Fay Enchantress start in Carcassonne
Lots of new units such as grail reliquae, questing knights, squires and many more.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles
youtube.com/watch?v=adxlG_IAYlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GHAhRyfNSBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>over 3 years of /hist/ titles, total war comes last in Make War Not Love every time
>total warhammer comes out, is so popular it sweeps MWNL the first time of asking, winning a challenge every single day, and winning every community involvement challenge by a landslide
Really increases your research rate.

is Warhammer fluff any good?

I enjoyed a few of the 40k books

Remender not to levy to many peasants!

>All the original factions will never get remade and get cool campaign features like this

First for
G R E E N
K N I G H T

>You may call upon the Green Knight!

love the Davi background grugdebook, but you can try whatever you want in here mediafire.com/folder/2qbp22o8ch8qc/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battles

>Empire
>1 region start
>Secessionists right in your back yard.
>Counts all scheming assholes who declare war for little to no reason
>Marienburgers stabbing you in the back
>Vampires control a large part of your nation.

>Bretonnia
>2 region start
>Dukedoms all on friendly terms
>Everyone is honourable bros not going back on deals
>Elf waifus in the south
>Vampires only control a single settlement

We post Bretonia pics tilll we get Bretonia boys!

nth for bretonnian technology.

These new campaign features have been a real surprise, makes me wonder what we will be getting in the expansion. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this peasant levy/cap system is reused from the High Elf campaign mechanics in development, seeing as they have such trouble with population and losses in wartime.

Bretonnian Steam Tank Kataphraktoi when?

>new from radious!
>grail peasants: peasants who have met the lady and gained her blessing (20% physical resistance, unbreakable, magical attacks)

fuck off tankbuster

>only two peasants ever got promoted to being knights
>the most recent one died in his first battle

What about the other one?

What's that unit that looks like a horse skull on a frame with barding? saw a quick glimpse of it in the gameplay footage

What's the best endgame Dwarf army composition?

>norscan shits
>dwarves
>welfs
>estallia

can't wait for Chaos Daemons so we can crusade properly

>the most interesting faction is the medieval Veeky Forumscore one
really fills my grudge meter

A miserable pile of corpses

>4th edition bretonnia with bombards, arquebusiers and the like wasn't a thing.

Only if you read about Nagash

faithful peasants takes dead but blessed grail knight corpse and pretends its still alive, which gives them his lady of the lake blessings?

>bird fucking up some tongue-deamon
every time I look at this picture I see new things

Grail Reliquae. The idea behind the unit is that Grail Pilgrims (which are basically the equivilant of Empire Flagellants) are so devoted to the Lady and her champions that they believe a Grail Knight is so holy even after death her blessing still affects the dead body of the Grail Knight. Therefore, they carry around and defend the dead body of a Grail Knight that buffs nearby units

>arthurian legend
>Veeky Forumscore

Dawi ZHARR

You know that they got rid of them to distinguish the faction from the Empire, right? Putting them back in makes them too similar, but I guess radious 2.0 wouldn't care about that.

19 longbeards

>distinguish.
And CA went ahead and gave them hippogryph knights. Or is (buckets of holy water) cool but having a basic bombard and handgunner radious tier.

10 florins to the first person to take an army of 19 grail reliquaries and win a multiplayer battle with it.

soon lads
youtube.com/watch?v=adxlG_IAYlQ

Are we actually getting an expansion?

>soon lads
>no banners or flags during battle

yes and it will expand the grand campaing map as the leak of the map show

Hippogryph knights distinguish them from the Empire because it increases their reliance on flying units, the only flying unit the Empire has is a lord mounted on a gryphon.

>buckets of holy water not better than handgunners
get the fuck out of here with that trash

I think your idea of having the option to "modernize" bretonnia at a great cost is pretty neat

You need some better looking tech'd up bret troops though

REJOICE

Oh god I hope lizardmen are there. High elves would also be neat.

>buckets of holy water is alright.
>bretonnians having a few specialized "shepherds" with handguns is radious.

the plan is to use the new assets to make the pike and shot units look more heavily equipped.

I've personally just been using;
3 quarrelers
3 thunderers
2 cannons
1 grudgethrower
9-10 longbeards depending on whether i use a hero or not

I'd like to use hammerers, but they get shredded by even the plebbiest of gobbo archers.
Slayers are even worse.
I'd like to use Ironbreakers, but they're just ridiculously overpriced versions of longbeards.
The Irondrake, Flame Cannon, Organ Gun, and different types of Gyrocopter/Gyrobomber I haven't even bothered with.

they are confirmed to be added at some point , most likely with the skaven , dark elves and high elves , then it will expand east and South for the tomb Kings , chaos dawi , ogres and chaos deamons

for someone who knows jack shit about warhammer lore would the expansions be:
>1st: rest of old world and redone base factions
>2nd: New world with actually good naval(lol)
I know the data leak showed the new world first but would it make sense to flesh out the rest of the old world first?

Should I start with Karl or Gelt? Everywhere I read says Gelt is shit and lore of metal is weak.

If Empire is HRE, wasn't Bretonnia meant to be 100 years war?

desu you could just burghers/city dwellers as the "modern" units

requesting the radious get jpg

>Holy Roman Mounted Desert Crossbow Iuveni

Franz

FOR A VAMPIRESS OF SYLVANIA PROVIDES YOUR BONER

i think they are going by popularity so they are gonna add the skavens , lizardmens and elves first before adding : the ogres and chaos dwarfs who are like literraly who ? and the tomb Kings and chaos demons for the grand finale

but that would go against le epik faction diversity with buckets of water. Everything not present in memes is radious, and that includes stuff like free company archers, pikemen and the like.

You're a filthy mongrel if you levy any peasants at all.
A true duke only needs his knights.

more like crusades/high middle ages

>what is R2 Emperor Edition

>skavenS
>lizardmenS
you're the type of fucker who says 'legoS' aren't you?

>tfw you will never be rich as fuck peasant BTFO aristocracy
>tfw you will never laugh at nobles as the king tries relying less on nobles & instead just hire mercenaries

sorry its just by habitude , i didnt meant to

Go live in the empire and get eaten by ratmen then.

what is this. radious concept art?

I can take a bombard, that's as basic as gunpowder gets, but a retcon is still a retcon

>not being the one peasant who anally annihilates the upper class

are you me?

Glowing swords mod when? Non fire version

user u are Trve vnderstander now, you must choose.

shitty spellcaster with terrible spells and zero utility

or

1-man army killing machine mounted on a fucking gryphon

Sauce?

>unironically defending Radious-tier lore rape

>brets
>in any way Veeky Forums

really boggin the noggin

>lore rape.
>actual GW armybook stuff is lore rape.
good.

the lore was asking for it

It was old lore. If anything, the newer Bretonnia is the raping.

Bretonnia is meant to be Monthy Python and the Holy Grail: The Faction

New LL when?

>tfw never ever

which would you play?

Any of the Byzantine states or Burgundy

marinids

Imho it's like this:
Bombard - very basic, still really backward compared to imperial artillery, mostly used for sieges, deferenses or by the navy anyway

Handgunners - Too similar to Empire, absolutely doesn't fit into the theme of inbred stupid peasants, would take away from Bretonnia's uniqueness as the chivalrous knightly faction

But it's retconned now and holy water trebs are also pretty cool.

Teutons or Nikaea 2bh

>CA actually won MWNL
>Brettonia looks incredible with cool features

Feels good man

Portugal because they're always a challenge.

>hand cannons are too similar to the empire despite being some of the earliest gunpowder weapons that doesn't fit the theme.

Bretonnia has maritime cities that can support ocean going crews that can support shipbuilders and gunpowder users, but they somehow fit into the faction.

>
>
>

Ayyubids, if they're any good

>Ayyubids are one huge homogeneous block
That's absolutely wrong though. Especially since the mod takes place post-Saladin. The Ayyubids should either control Damascus or Cairo while every other province is a minor emirate all tied to Damascus/Cairo through vassalage.

Since we are all so hot and sweaty about Bretonnia why dont some user stream Excalibur for all of us?

youtube.com/watch?v=GHAhRyfNSBo

There's place for everyone.
Except rats, fuck them.
Although, I guess they could have a mechanic where they build stuff in other faction's cities in the building slots that the faction has not unlocked yet. It would make playing Empire even harder.

Lithuania/Crusader States

Kievan Rus'

>but they somehow fit into the faction.
Because the lady doesn't care about what happens on the sea.