What the fuck is wrong with these kids?

what the fuck is wrong with these kids?

Safety is a fucking meme

No fucking shit, I've seen such terrible eye injuries, hot metal slicing through your eye is not a joke

youtube ad revenue

My dad got a metal bit in his eye once.

It's still there and you can see it when you look at him.

Honestly we've all done it. The thing that pisses me off most is the dirty extension cord/airline on the car not to mention the assholes leaning on it.

>there are people that get metal implanted in their eyes on purpose

>he doesn't want cybernetic eyes

>he does

>he

>h

>xe

I guess they are just mentally deficient.
I while ago I met a new guy at work and he had to grind a bunch of Bondo out of a bumper so it could be repaired properly.
This idiot takes the grinder and starts grinding the shit from the side of the disc that spun in his direction.
He was covered completely in white dust and if someone didn't tell him to use the other side of the fucking disc he would have kept going like it was nothing, he didn't even use a mask or goggles of course.

Aside from the fact that breathing that shit will probably cause seven kinds of cancer, but holy fuck how can someone look at a fucking spinning disc, spray shit in his own face and not ask himself if there is a better way to do that job.

>Honestly we've all done it

No we absolutely fucking haven't.

>grinding out rust seat bolts in an E250
>always wear face shield
>get half way through
>disc shatters and stabs into face shield
Safety is just a meme

From experience with fabrication and mining for 13 years, regular safety glasses and a face shield won't 100 percent protect you from metal finding your eyes. Definitely doesn't mean you shouldn't try your best.

That's why you wear goggles. Noob.

that's what everybody says until the eye doc is pulling out the drill

This reminds me of those on /k/ that say everyone'sdone a negligent discharge at least once.

Nice trips but fuck off, those things are impossible to keep from fogging up in a lot of mining conditions. Most guys struggle enough with safety glasses fogging over.

My old job wanted you to wear safety glasses with goggles over top and a full on face shield to blow pretzel dust off machines.
Needless to say that didn't last long but safety glasses at a minimum.

>using a cutoff disk on an angle grinder without any safety gear
>also upside down
He'll get his karma soon enough, don't worry.

t. welder

i guy i worked with had to take a few weeks off once because he went snowblind welding without a mask

>what is an alcohol wipe?
Are you miners that simple?

Batou pls

Never used a cut off tool, never used an angle grinder, impact gun, belt sander, bench grinder, air nailer, air ratchet or a hammer?

I'll bet 99% of all those tools listed above, when new they had a sticker or warning saying wear safety glasses

>Honestly we've all done it.
um no

>t. welder
a grinder and paint makes me the welder I aint

Never used a cut off tool, never used an angle grinder, impact gun, belt sander, bench grinder, air nailer, air ratchet or a hammer?

I'll bet 99% of all those tools listed above, when new they had a sticker or warning saying wear safety glasses

Can't really do the whole fitting thing without grinders.

Sorry we don't carry diaper bags.

>it's 2017 and some people are still dealing with foggy goggles
no wonder you're miners

Face shield is better for cut off disks (which this guy is probably using bc laziness)

I've seen one blow up and the guy would've lost his cheek if it wasn't for the shield

They wont listen or havent almost lost an eye yet

>mining.

Say brother! Quarryfag here.

Bitches don't know bout my rocks.

What u mine?

What the fuck

Digging that pussy 24/7

>few weeks.

Bruh i almost went to the hospital one night for pain and made it to work the next day

wow q(thot)ueen you're so strong.

Hehehehehe. Sadly married. But nothing beats being cucked by MSHA like sitting ina loader abover ground all day and being called a miner...

No. I'm an adult with bills and was 50k in medical bills.

>missing a 16 hour day of overtime because my eyes hurt from being a retard.

Nope...

>$50k in medical bills

OOOOOOOOOOO SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEE

Is welding an interesting job?

Either blasting and crushing quarry rock or washing and crushing river rock.

what the fuck

what the fuck

t. Never used a cut off tool

what the fuck

just close your eyes.
it will cut itself.

It's a Miata. Nbd

what the fuck

>ow life

what the fuck

Well, I have, but my weapon was pointed in a safe direction down range, and I was like 14. There's numerous safety protocols when handling a firearm that help prevent a ND, the reason you follow all of them is in case you slip up on one of them.

Uh yeah, people who actually do regular work instead of being an autist loser who maybe does something twice a year
5 minutes ago I just used a grinder with no glasses, Lmao

Go back to wasting 15 minutes of safety prep for something that takes a couple minutes, I'm sure it makes you once a year diy so much more srs

I wear normal glasses all the time anyway, it takes me five seconds to throw on a pair of safety goggles or a facemask over them.

I'd argue that having an ND makes you even more diligent then a person who never had one 2bh

>oh god im retarded so everyone is retarded like me and anyone not retarded like me is a loser

Grinders are one of the few things I use safety glasses when using.

There are two types of people in the world, those who wear safety glasses when operating a grinder, and those who have never broken a disc.

Theres two types of people
One who knows how to use a grinder
And ham fisted retards that think a grinder is a drill and force it to cut

I'm not putting glasses on to do little cuts or shave a few mm off of something
And I know how to hold one so it doesn't shoot sparks directly into my face

Casual diy scum are the worst
Gtfo with your worthless opinions

>casual DIY scum

Nice try, but I work in a machine shop.

>he's never built a part that's been put into orbit

Loving every laugh

>machine shop
So yoire a factory worker cuck who has to follow nazi safety rules otherwise you get fired Lmao

You know.. This is a bad bait. Stop trying.

you're a fag

>Honestly we've all done it.

fuck off cunt i literally just bought new safety glasses because mine were cracked by a piece of metal flying at them at 1000mph

I'm interested in your velocity measuring methodology. Could you give me a quick rundown?

Who the fuck are they?

Look like a gaggle of retards to me.

Nope, because I'm not a colossal retard like you and I've seen death wheels explode at the slightest provocation several times.

truth

>does

gaggle garage

kek I'm going to doctors with carpal tunnel and getting a surgery and the total bills for that don't go over 2k.
I'm not even using healthcare, I'm using private clinics which overcharge like fuck.

pmuch this.
I've been a proffessional blacksmith.
There were guys who did it for a living for 25 years.
Sure you wear goggles all the time but none of them have ever, ever heard or seen of a grinder disk exploding.

Depends on what you mean by interesting and what industry you'd work in, it's a very varied trade.
Lots of jobs where you just weld the same fucking things all the time using premade jigs and lots others where you can do very diverse stuff using complicated plans and fancy metals too.

It's nice if you like being in your own little bubble because that's what happens when you're under the hood. I really like it.

This is why proper workshops have their guys wear their glasses at all times.

xir

I've been looking at an apprenticeship with a bridge building company, and they say it's "high skill welding". Would this be interesting, or is it all premade jigs?

I'm not familiar with that industry so I'm not sure but with really big pieces it's usually "custom fitting" so to speak due to sheer weights and sizes.

You should at least go check out the shop m8, most places are happy to show candidates around.

Sound like a good idea. Thanks for the advice.