/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYlV5c8Yito&feature=youtu.be
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78579/?
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2715633/shim-errors-for-the-.net-framework-version-and-platform-support
strawpoll.me/12374523
mega.nz/#!dFtFlZBS
mega.nz/#!dFtFlZBS!4M6xnfjSo-Vkb52gsxG-69jHcgxzZDnkdmPpXZiHFMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

elves a shit

Post butts

Recommendations?

I remember awhile ago that the Mod Organizer guy joined the NMM development team. Is NMM better than MO at this point or should I just keep using MO?

Uninstalling the game, perhaps.

Fantasia
Skyrim Immersive Creatures
Revenge of the Enemies
OBIS
Creepy Zombies

No, keep using MO for now. They're working on a new organizer that's currently in alpha.

Please GOD tell there is a rogue /tesg/ mod that takes all the quality followers from ''Interesting NPCs'' and removes the 75% bloat with shitty voice acting.

Repost ()

the version that tannin's been working on isn't even publicly available so keep using MO

No but someone here could make it very easily.

Clones

What have you been up to today /twag/?

That would be a pretty great addition to this community.

>spending forever downloading the fuckhuge file on my shit internet so I can wade through followers that sound like a guy in a basement just to get to the quality

It depends on if someone really wants to sift through everything in tes5edit and delete all the bloat. It would be tedious as shit. And before that they'd need to come to an agreement on who should be cut.

Not being able to dualwield block in SE is the only reason I havent changed

youtube.com/watch?v=EYlV5c8Yito&feature=youtu.be

Wha... nevermind.

Please stop this.

Sometimes I feel like the only lad who feels it is heresy to use any mod that changes the gameplay/models/landscapes/story in an Elder Scrolls game. I only mod graphically, and at times, audio. Maybe I'll throw in a custom lore friendly home every now and then, but that's about all I'll do, and that is just the way I like it.

Blog over.

I can relate, I was like that when I first started modding. You'll grow out of it.

>gameplay
Skyrim's combat is just straight-up bad, though.

>models
Vanilla models and textures are pretty fuckin bad, too. I have no problem replacing models if the models are lore-friendly.

>landscapes
Again, no problem with them if they're lore-friendly. Things like Enhanced Landscapes, or ETaC.The locations in Skyrim are pretty gimped in vanilla, and the way I see it, adding mods like that brings it closer to what it should be and closer to the lore.

Most likely not. I don't play TES games too terribly much due to my schedule, and when I do I'm the type of boring sod who will spend an hour reading books in his house, or walking around high hills looking for good screenshot material. Modding the game further than I do would be somewhat pointless.

Tannin IS on the new team. In fact, he's leading it. However NMM is now /oldnews/ and isn't going to be updated anymore, they are creating a whole new one. Be on the lookout for it, but right now it's MO you should use.

Why the fuck arenĀ“t there any armour mods that can make me look like pic related?

Mods that change the landscape are inherently not lore friendly in my eyes, since the landscape no longer matches the original designer's exact vision.

As for models, I do use mods like the static mesh improvement mod, but other than ones such as those, I tend to not dabble too much in it.

As for the combat, I think it is alright. 400 hours in and I don't feel like I need to overhaul it in order to enjoy it more fully, but I do admit I may do that soon.

So Shivering Isles is pretty sweet. I still don't think the bulk of Oblivion is better than Morrowind, but this expansion is solid, solid stuff. I may like it more than Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

I heard some worrisome rumors that the new NMM will not ship with virtual file folder because NMM users are retarded and would not know how to use it.

>Mods that change the landscape are inherently not lore friendly in my eyes, since the landscape no longer matches the original designer's exact vision.
The original designers were the concept artists, and what we got in Skyrim is an anemic shadow of the concept art.

Of course, but the official finished product is what I go off of, from an in-game standpoint. There's no right or wrong way to think about this.

>since the landscape no longer matches the original designer's exact vision.
The landscape already doesn't match the original designer's exact vision because they had to cut and downgrade shit for consoles.

/tesg/ why am I too retarded for pose mods? I don't understand, when I press the hotkey button for the pose play ring after selecting my pose with the pose ring, nothing happens other than my game stuttering for half a second like something SHOULD be changing. I:
>have tried multiple different pose mods
>have run FNIS every time i installed new poses
>have gotten idles to work
>have activated the esps in MO
>have tried poser hotkeys

What could it be?

>Of course, but the official finished product is what I go off of, from an in-game standpoint.
So you don't actually care about the original designer's intent. Got it.

Sounds like you incorrectly installed your poses themself somehow

Should I get Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash? And what they do that the "Data Files" option doesn't? Sorry for newfagging, I just got interested in Skyrim modding.

It's as simple as dropping the mesh folder in data right? How on earth could I fuck that up, I'm not marc or anything. And I do see the esps in MO, so.

Stormlord armor with nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78579/?

Wyre Bash. Take the time to learn it. You will come to love it.

Read the OP, retard.

MO with Wyre Bash for bashed patches.
MO lets you rearrange and manipulate the skyrim data folder non-destructively which saves a shit-ton of time and effort.

MO. Run WB through MO.

I dinnae why you're offended to the point where you feel the need to be snide over something so small. Rest easy lad.

I want you to try to ditch the ring setup. Get Poser Hotkeys, run PoserGen, disable the pose esp's, and see if your problem persists when trying to pose through the Poser Hotkeys mod.

The first thing you need to do is have a general understanding of how mods are installed to the game. Once you do you can get MO. Without this rudimentary knowledge you won't have any idea of what you're installing and why it does what it does.

MO is the best so it will pretty much always be recommended, but listen to me when I say learn the basics first. Otherwise you'll be like many others, coming here crying and asking questions that should have been obvious from the beginning.

You're the one literally saying people are heretics for modding the game in a way you disagree with, m8. And your logic isn't even internally consistent.

He's just saying you're wrong when you say you base your experience off of the original designer's intent.

By your own logic, you're a heretic for playing the game the way you do.

Thank you kind user, i gueass combining these two with the flying gryphon mount mod is the best Karl Franz experience I can get right now...

Why do you mean by basics? File extensions, directories and load order?

>tfw haven't played Oblivion since 2010

I'm gonna mod this game to the nth degree, and then spend all week rediscovering it. I wonder how the story/pacing will strike me after all these years. How active is the mod scene as a whole these days? Some of the mods I plan on using are rather old, and haven't been updated in some time.

>wear stormcloak armor
>use hammer with imperial insignia

>that water
jesus chrst what

Exactly. Especially directories. So many people miss out on the core basics trying to get into the swing of things as quickly as possible, and when we recommend MO they're kind of just doomed for failure.

Like marc talking about reinstalling his whole fucking game because he was missing a body msn.

Get Open Cities Reborn and Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked.

Heh. When you're really high above it, ENB water takes the color of the Top Gradient sky.

If he did it during sun down it probably would have looked like grape kool-aid

OH SHIT

I forgot about how messed up that shit was, even lowly bandits would be dickriding me with full sets of ebony armors. I actually don't think I've ever used any of the Open Cities mods, if memory serves don't they add NPCs and quests too to make the bigger cities feel more populated?

Deffo added them both to the list

im using tetra enb and the subsurface scattering settings provided in the readme are pretty bad for it.

any good settings for tetra enb i can use?

No dice, unfortunately

I really doubt it. Especially when it's Tannin spearheading everything.
From the blog;
>while also providing extensible advanced functionality for the more hardcore modders out there.
I find it hard to believe they'd include promises like that when they mean to not add stuff like virtual mod folders.

m8, while I love your innocence, I have to spill it to ya, you're downright wrong in the assumption that the end result is the same as the original idea. Not only do regular studios in concepts go massive transformations, in bethesda the outcome is usually twice as worse.
When you have a studio that lost all it's writing talent years ago and also has it's metaphorical creative balls in a giant (like zenimax's) iron fists, who dictates everything should be retconned easily digested lore covered in brown filter, you can't expect that original concepts to be the same as what you see on the vanilla screen.

Try some lore to see whatcha missing. The bits about birds made of sun and poetry is pretty interesting.

Then the poses themself must be installed incorrectly. You said you had warnings when you ran FNIS? What EXACTLY did it say?

eiries what do I have to do to get the Ira follower

It depends on what flavor of city mod you decide to install. OCR is mostly concerned with making the cities make sense in the worldspace. It doesn't add more new things, just lays them out nicer and removes the load screen. Most of the NPC adding mods are compatible with it now.

> 4536 animations for 26 mods successfully included (character)
> 2 Warning(s).

and when running a consistence check:
>Missing AnimFile HSP41.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser
>Missing AnimFile HSP42.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser
>Missing AnimFile HSP43.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser
>Missing AnimFile HSP44.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser
>Missing AnimFile HSP45.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser
>Missing AnimFile HSP46.hkx for character, mod HalosPoser

times about five hundred, all pose mods are in that list and not just Halo's

Earn my trust. Which isn't something that will likely to happen if the endgame is to get something like that from me.

>settings provided in the readme are pretty bad for it.
thats because they are for K-Enb or Rampage based ENB's, as stated in the readme.

Use TKRE, tetrawhatever a shit

fundm make and release the next TES within the next 12 months

Check your folder paths. For Halo's Poser for example, it should go "meshes -> actors -> character -> animations -> HalosPoser"

All the HKX files should be in that folder. Similar structure for all the other pose mods.

does that mean you don't trust anybody in tesg

I yield, I YIELD!!! Never should've come here!

Yeah, all here. Does that mean that FNIS isn't reading this particular path and it's trying for another one? I have FNIS in data>tools>fnisforusers or whatever that folder is called, then the exe in there. I don't see any way to get it to read a different path though?

Hold on, are you using MO? If yes, are you running FNIS through MO?

Pretty much.

What do you think about this guy

>le kirkbride is only tes lore writer meme

Okay... I have earned your trust, can I have her?

why

I am using MO, and when I try to run it through MO i get this error. Which is strange because it's 100% the correct path.

Your tumblr page lags like hell, stop using that garbage theme

>Do you want to view more information about the issue?
click yes

stop using a shitbrowser, it works fine on my KOMPUTAH

You obviously already do.

I don't know many people here outside of tesg, ie on a more human-to-human level. Ergo I have no reason to trust anyone here. Nothing against anybody, that's just how relationships work.

Brings me here
>support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2715633/shim-errors-for-the-.net-framework-version-and-platform-support

>The app is not configured in a way that makes it possible to determine the appropriate version of the .NET Framework runtime. The corresponding shim code is SHIM_NOVERSION_FOUND.
You can't fix the configuration problem yourself. Contact the app vendor to resolve the issue.
Error: "It relies on a .NET Framework version that is not supported on this device"

>You obviously already do.
I am confused.

Clones just look at it, it loads every single post you made on the same page. There's no "next page" or anything. Don't do that, that's stupid.
Go on the FNIS nexus page and ctrl+f "NET framework" to see the troubleshooting section for that.

Don't mind me.

No, no! Please. Do not mind me.

Pay me no mind whatsoever. I am just going to remove this item from my pack guar's haul, leave it here, and be on my way.

strawpoll.me/12374523

lol not bad

Got Elianora's Breezehome working for Oldrim download if you'd like.

mega.nz/#!dFtFlZBS

you didn't post the key retard

mega.nz/#!dFtFlZBS!4M6xnfjSo-Vkb52gsxG-69jHcgxzZDnkdmPpXZiHFMk
There you go fag.

how did niko get your trust

Fucking N'wahs.

>Elianora's Breezehome
No one wants that garbage anyway lol

>Clones just look at it, it loads every single post you made on the same page. There's no "next page" or anything. Don't do that, that's stupid.
That is not correct. Like many tumblr layouts, it loads a bunch of posts, but nowhere near all of them, only if you scroll down.

I barely post any text, so its very image heavy, still doesnt lag for me.

how many (You)'s do you have left? Can i have the rest just in one big batch?

aaaaaand there it goes. nice knowing you, thread

Never said that, I'm just saying that most of the good ones are either gone or creatively neutured.
Actually, did you even bother to look at the retards doing the writing there nowadays? The lead quest writer is fucking retarded, for one.