RWD to FWD

Hi Veeky Forums, I’m planning on buying an auto 2015 BRZ from a friend soon. I love everything about the car (sporty looks, mean exhaust sound ect) but my only concern is that the car is only RWD. I live in an area with snowy winters and decent sized hills so I’m worried with the overall practicality of the car. Since there not many options for FWD sports cars, I am planning on making the switch. I’m not only of those benchracing faggots so a FWD conversion makes a lot of sense.

>better handling in the snow
>more grip (since it has more weight on the front tires)
>better fuel economy
>improved acceleration on normal roads

How feasible is it to convert this car to FWD? Also bear in mind that I don’t want to spend more than $4k doing so.

Make it AWD you fucking nonce

>2015+2
>Not hover converting your car

Nigger please

>auto 2015 BRZ
>mean exhaust sound

Just get a cheap hatchback then you queer

piss in my ass

Just get a Tiburon
>looks nicer
>sounds better
>is FWD
>is much, much cheaper

put a honda pilot engine in it.

This is actually a good suggestion. There's many cars that are fwd that look like sports cars. Like the Prelude and Celica

postin' underrated FWD sporty coupe

But it's a hyundai...

Get a pontiac g6!

i hope this is bait

best option for op would be last integra btw

Oh the prelude what a colossal fuck up.

>but it's Gorean crap
>get AmeriCrap instead!

Low Energy.

>Car is made to be RWD and manual
>Those are the fucking selling points
>buy auto
>want to make it fwd

just buy a damn civic

Yeah, what was the point, there was always a coupe Accord. Instead of 4 wheel steering they should have just made the thing rwd.

that's what they shoulda done but honda just has a hard on for making only FWD cars. So something that could have been amazing was turned to meh because they don't care about the enthusiast.

either buy some honda ,don't ruin a perfectly good car. If you do you'll find its shit and nobody will buy it from you, ever.
If you can't drive rwd in snow, you can't drive. period. Sport cars or driving is not for you.

This.

Remember del sol

buy a civic type r

thank me later

this is the hardest bait I've ever seen

buy some WRX... you should be getting your hands on used manual WRX (not STi, that is out of your budget.. and if you find one within, it is fubar) which has more power, proper S-AWD, LSD and 5 usable seats, not to mention boot. It is turbo and it can be modded to fit your liking over the years...

good fucking luck finding someone to switch out the entire drivetrain. if you want a FWD sports car so bad just get an Acura Integra, best handling FWD sports car on the market and if you get a Type-R or GS-R then you get VTEC too.

Thanks for the suggestions, even though I'm not really of fan of those cars I might consider giving them a look

I should have put benchracing faggots need not reply

That's the second time today you niggas fall for this troll.

>brz
>perfectly good car

You are everything that's wrong with Veeky Forums

There is actually a really simple solution to this problem that can be done on the cheap. Simply flip the rear differential over and you're set. It won't be the most comfortable driving position, because the seat will face the wrong way, and the steering wheel will be reversed, and you might miss out on some of the other benefits you mentioned because you'll have a rear engined, rear steering front wheel drive car. Also your lights will all be in the wrong place.

But you will have FWD with the right number of forward and reverse gears, and that's really the goal.

please stop. you're making my heart hurt

its not a good idea. it'll become a money sink and any problems you'll have to deal on your own (say the trans blows up), because it isnt really common to do that.
why not a celica?

just get snow tires in the winter

converting a brz to fwd is retarded

*cough*

Just get an RSX type s
>same power (10 more hp if you get an 05-06)
>way cheaper
>fwd
>very large modding community

This in the GT trim.

What's with the threads on drive train conversion recently? First that guy that wanted to convert an aw11 to FR and now this?

Just go and get something that's already FF. There's a lot of options. Celicas, tiburon, eclipse, cobalt ss, any honda for that matter, rsx, etc. And why FF and no AWD?

>BRZ
>FWD
I N T E G R A
N
T
E
G
R
A

Bait threads fishing for (you)s. And you just got caught.

Makes sense. That's for the advice!

>automatic
>BRZ
>mean exhaust sound
>RWD to FWD

It's fair to say that you will not be attempting the conversion yourself.

I'm also willing to be nobody would be willing to undertake it for you as it's ridiculous and won't have been done before.

Buy something else, or buy it but also buy a cheap shitter to get around in during the winter.

rwd-fwd conversion would make sense to is a bench racing faggot or someone seeking (you)'s
studded winter tires will do you fine. Keep an extra set on hand and if there's a storm coming, swap out to winter studs.
>not many options for FWD sports cars
>auto brz
>im not one of those benchracing faggots
honestly
>tiburon
can confirm this is a good snow "sports car"
definitely looks the part
I had straight pipes on my v6, definitely one of the meanest sounding ones out there despite being utterly gutless (yet still getting shit mpgs)
its a hatch as well so its totally practical.

if you get one, get the 05-06. 07-08 have the horrendous front end that can only be remedied with a Hana front bumper, which is rare. 05-06 can be upgraded to the 07-08 rear end if you so choose.

my bro drove in the winter in canada with studded snows and did pretty fine

Buy my tC instead I have buyers remorse