/ng/- Nioh general

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

SURVEY TIME

>strongest set, could be considered gamebreaking
>weakest set, needs to be made useful for anything at all
>best looking set
>ugliest set
>favorite build/playstyle
>favorite weapon
>favorite boss
>least favorite boss

Nioh is for casuals.

Where does one get Takezo's headband and is it refashionable?

any place to get the tanuki/fox helmet?

your mom is for bbc.

Do 2 Kat mystic art mission then an Oni region mission will open up.

red demon set
nioh
the purple one that looks like saika clan
red demon set
1kat and spear
raikiri for that lightning crackle
giant toad
centipede

>strongest set
fanatic
>weakest set
genius strategist
>best looking set
demon king
>ugliest set
red demon
>favorite build/playstyle
1kat with onmyo and ninjutsu
>favorite boss
yuki-onna
>least favourite boss
orochi, the boss looks cool but it's so boring to fight.

Possible Rygar reboot?

>going in ng+
>haven't done a single mission solo except greater demon hunting and giant toad sub mission
>scared of being by myself

Can someone help me beat Nue?

About to get the game, had a question:

>Stamina scales with Axes, and Strength scales with Axes. Does that mean I should be pumping both stats, or do I have to choose?

From what I read online the difference at endgame between 50 Sta vs. 50 Str is negligible, and some people were getting 50 stamina and then pumping the onymo / spirit stuff

Low stance axe just looks really appealing to me

stuck at umi bozu, ran thru my stockpile of elixirs and am now getting the free ones only at res. can i leave the map to farm and return to the shrine by the boss or am i doomed to have to rerun the whole mission?

yes

Forgive me for being a retard, but what do the +1 levels do for items?

whats your psn

Does anyone know what other bonuses are in the same group as guard ki reduction?

just make a secret password

If you wear reddit demon armour you should be castrated to be perfectly honest lads.

Meme armour is not allowed. It's the Fallen Knight set all over again.

So far Red Demon seem to be given the title of strongest set.
Weakest set seems to be Raging Bull. Or crossed Sickles.
Best looking set would have to be either Youngblood or Greater Good.
Ugliest is Unusual or Pirate.
I go full 1kat and never look back, no magic and no ninja.
I have to say that my favorite weapon is probably the Dashi-O or whatever it's called.
Best boss is probably the Ice-bitch and Nobu.
Worst boss is the centipeide.

the password is /NG/

you have to redo it all

fuq alright. gonna keep trying to summon then

Except this one gives a massive set bonus, making it an excellent choice for anyone going light armor. If you don't like the look you can refashion it.

you heading on now?

Alright i'm genuinely starting to question if it even exists so if you have it can someone post a picture of a divine giant frogs spear so I know all my efforts aren't in vain, also tips on increasing my luck, right now its 125+ whatever i get from luck talisman and rabbit.

axe has become really fuckin fun late game especially when you divulge in synergies with it that the game offers.
i went katana mostly and i'm starting to ween off of it

>2.04MB

indeed.

Red Demon obvious choice, but Obsidian and Fanatic are really strong too
Just too many to name, Strategists for example
Frontline set, Veteran's set
All the pajama cloth shit
1kat + heavy armor
1kat
Froggo
Onryoki, because he is reused too often

Go to online settings and enter the secret word "UmiBozo" and i'll come help you if you still need it.

is this game worth getting if I don't want online stuff?

>crossed sickles
>weakest

N-NANI?!? Thing has final blow and from behind damage, you know, the thing that's melting bosses in all these webm's people post.

>red demon strongest

ha! well that explains your opinion.

Or just UMIBOZ since there's a character limit

Yeah it's not bad solo.

Just pump STAM

heavy armor with B agility is fucking amazing

that and hand cannons do shit tons of damage if you hit the weak spot

>delete my character after 30 hours because I fucked up prestige
>create a new character
>my hair and clan stuff are still there

What the hell. I lost no glory.

Can someone help else help me with Nue? Idk where the other user is.

PW: /NG/

Hey, I'm just saying.
It's widespread for a reason. Massive crutch.

That said personally I use the Obsidian set.

is the online content basically Souls stuff where you just summon or fight other people?
also how difficult is it compared to Souls?

Glory is account bound

Also why the fuck did you restart? It's not like prestige is super limited.

OK, what other weapons should I use then?

I know axes and cannons will get scaling, do I just get Stam and then Onmyo / Spirit stuff from there? And ignore alternative weps?

>Sohaya Tsurugi
>Kusanagi Tsurugi
>both are katanas
You'd think Japs would know better.

PvP isn't in yet, will come later for free though. Summoning is similar, but you can only have 1 visitor at a time.

The difficulty is steep in the beginning, but as you gain more levels and unlock more skills the game becomes ever easier. The only real difficulty spike after that is postgame.
I'd say Souls is easier overall.

No PvP yet. Just bro-op. It's a bit easier than Souls but the combat has some gimmicks that don't play at all like Souls (Or really any Souls analog like BB) so you gotta learn its quirks or else you will get stomped.

Which one?

Best level to Amrita farm? (Level 175)

Also how the hell did you fellas actually do them dual bosses legit?

I'm ashamed to admit I was corrupted by the dual kat/sloth combo first time around.

NG+ turned into me just baiting Muneshige with quickdraws behind the rock while Honda sat and watched.

Is the Forboding Sea twilight mission just the regular mission but harder?

2kat or 1kat?

I'm still on 2kat but all those 1kat armor sets look amazing

Grinding for smithing texts is so fucking dumb.

To whoever helped me and died right at the end, I finished him off. Thanks for your help.

Kingo's or Fanatic for 1kat?

Kingo's got that damage. It's appealing.

>Already 65% Unlimited Ammo
>Still haven't Soul Matched it onto my Legs or Shoes

So it looks like the upper limit for infinite ammo is probably around 85% if you were stubborn about maxed out rolls. I've got some 4.5 and a 3.8 or two, but if you stuck to 5% you'd probably get to 80-85%. This is with Saika's Yatagarasu Set and level 30 Yatagarasu obviously. Pro-tip: you can get infinite ammo on weapons, so you need to stack it there too.

How do we fix Ninjutsu? It doesnt even have prestige options. Thats how much of an after thought it is.

love 2kat, but no question 1kat gets more stuff and is probably stronger anyway. hopefully dlc adds more 2kat support. 1kat forging page is like twice as long as everything else.

Dammit, theres one of those revenant summoners nearby but I cant see where. Guess I gotta run through them to find him

>It doesnt even have prestige options.
Press R1.

is it viable to split ninjitsu and omoyo stats wise? if so whats a good stat split?

>It's widespread for a reason

It's widespread because it's easy as fuck to forge, it only requires demon horns whereas the other sets require rare boss materials.

I'm leve 79 and the missions I have to do are in the 90s

Should I just ignore the levels

Well, Nobunaga is easily countered and if you stay close to him he doesn't spam Living Weapon. After that it's easy enough to counter him to death.
Nohime is easily dealt with.

As for Shiggy and Honda, take Shiggy down first, counters are as effective as always and the rock is a valuable ally.
Honda is easy after that.

sounds like something I'd enjoy, then
thanks

>Also how the hell did you fellas actually do them dual bosses legit?
Shot Honda in the face in the beginning and spearfall'd Muneshige to hell then killed Honda. In the other one I first shot Oda in the face and did the killing strike. Then spearfall'd him while occasionally dodged Yukionna. Wasn' really that hard since Oda likes to do the double stab reach so he comes after me and Yukionna stays at a distance.

How come i can't transmog into all those cool and unique helmets NPC phantoms drop? And don't tell me those douple pistols shitty ashigarus use are enemy-only.

so i need to do this longass level to farm the obsidian text?

fuck me

Fuku's character bio says she was later employed as a wet nurse.

>tfw some kid gets to suck her tits and you don't

Yes, but why the fuck are you so low at this point? Do you never do side missions?

bout to attempt forging a lv320 wpn, wish me luck ! Please use prayer gesture for support!

Quit to menu after beating him and then continue and you start at the shrine.

I have done literally every single side mission and main mission so far, even the advanced dojo ones

Dammit, i didn't get the title for killing Umi-Bozu without lighting any of the bonfires. I would assume doing it in the twilight mission would be more impressive, but I guess not

>tfw you're starting stack up blue and pruple bonuses on your chosen set of gear

Sense Enemies is never useless. I've also got 60% total elemental damage reduction while guarding, shorten recovery time (out of ki) and Amrita Life Recovery 35

But its okay, because I went back and redid the base version and got the "No killing any enemies", "No dying or using shrines", AND the "Kill umibozu without any fires" titles

Does proficiency bonus give you a bonus to damage depending on your current proficiency, or does it just give a boost to proficiency gained?

Fuku is an old hag

Okatsu is life

Axes are all ya need bruv

After that it becomes personal preference. Cannons are low ammo high damage so they get a lot out of improvised projectiles. There's also ammo carry and extra damage stuff in the ninja tree. But none of that is really necessary.

Onmyo magic has the sloth meme that's useful for any build, but that's about it. The healing talismans are ok i guess

you will need a few points in str for the armor requirements. I like 20 spirit

A bunch of titles and shit don't work unless you're in the normal mission in Way of the Samurai

Spiritfu is the only one for William.

Boost to proficiency.
In the future you can press the start button and it will tell you what each thing does

Is there a way to roll good stats for reforging? Bare handed attack damage and fuck all unlimited Onmyo don't get me too far.

that level is not fun to go through ill tell you that. but now i got a route covered for it
that level is dark cooridors of nofun

divination, pleidaes, extraction, carnage, sloth, luck, the LW/amrita/gold passive, and even talisman/element shots are all useful. heard protection (flat damage block) was good too.

Just have to be lucky

>mfw there are people in this thread right now who aren't using the Tower of London set like proper English gentlemen here to spread civilization to the savage land of Zipangu

With how bad some skills in this game are translated, I wouldn't trust those descriptions all the time.

I feel like kingos is really strong paired with the bat and sword mystic art I hit it like 5x as hard from the back

huh?

It's a real shame that Saoirse is such a shitty spirit. Was really looking forward to using her the whole game only to get her back and find out that she has pretty much no good abilities and shitty stats.

Buff when? I just want to romp through Japan killing demons with my spirit waifu.

What armour set to wear with Kusarigama?

>not playing as ninja He-man
user

kingo for behind the back low stance spam/ reaper

>full LW Gauge every other kill is shitty

Anyone know if you can reforge Change to Defense (Magic) onto armor?

Do those Axe mystic arts stack with regular weapons?

She's a God for anybody that wants to spam Living Weapon and gain all the Amrita in the world though.
If something is vulnerable to water she can put some evil numbers out.

Might not be the best Spirit, but I still use her all the same.

what the heck does tempest actually do? automatically make you do an attack when you break their guard that downs them?