Is it time to ban crossovers?

Is it time to ban crossovers?
Pleeeeaaaasssseeeeee

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5405312/nissan-gt-r-hits-tow-hitch-causes-18000-repair-bill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But then how will we easily identify traffic hazards?

driver: im sure if i go fast enough i can plow right through it-......

Seriously this.

Notice SUV/Crossover in parking garage? Don't park near it.

See SUV/Crossover on highway? Get past it quickly or create extra distance.

Ironically SUVs caused cars to get taller and also caused crossovers because they're actually dangerous in accidents for normal sedans, especially when they T bone.

SUVs and crossovers are actually why we can't have nice things.

putting the U in SUV

Fuck crossovers, ban full size suvs

0 fatalities
i'm glad he didn't have a gun

Already up to 2

ASS

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

Part of the reason cars are getting taller is also because of euro ncap pedestrian safety crap

There needs to be a certain distance between the hood of the car and "hard points" in the engine bay like the engine itself. This basically creates an air bag/cushion effect for a pedestrian's head. The volvo v40 bypassed this by having an actual airbag-like apparatus under the hood that raised it in case of a collision. My main point of criticism on this is that if the car has a upper strut tower brace, it'll have zero cushion effect. This made certain cars heavier because the frame needed other ways to be reinforced.

All in all, this raised the hood of the car. Due to design stuff, this also raised the door height and belt line. The hump on the dash in front of the steering wheel is also to make people sit up higher, to prevent people from sliding from underneath their belts, which is an actual problem with obese people

I'm a med student, one of my professors who also works at the ER told me plenty of brain trauma actually happens because they slam into windshields, not because of the hood. If you're interested in this, look into coup contrecoup

Tl;dr ped safety laws have gone too far. Collisions will always happen regardless of how much tech is being crammed into the car.

First time I've kekked at this

i want to thank you for your informative post.

>The volvo v40 bypassed this by having an actual airbag-like apparatus under the hood that raised it in case of a collision.
the GTR has explosive bolts in the hood that permanently raises the hood on impact. it costs a fortune to replace apparently.

first ban all sorts of shitskins, then ban crossovers and SUVs

>first ban all sorts of shitskins
that's a very large portion of the UK though.

there's enough desert and jungle for everyone

Isnt that like 70% of the uk?

nice ass.

Non crossover drivers angry as hell they can't drive their shitty Miata with their bf and see past our tall cars. When will they learn?

Ah yes, I believe I read about this once. A guy didn't actually collide but was braking at pretty much ABS-kicking-in levels. The computer decided there was going to be a collision and the system triggered. It would've cost like 14k to repair?

no problem mate

nevermind, it was a van collision.

jalopnik.com/5405312/nissan-gt-r-hits-tow-hitch-causes-18000-repair-bill

>jalopnik
I know, but regardless, the GT-R pedestrian safety system went off. Costs 18.335 dollars or 11k pounds
W E W
E
W
In certain shady parts of the world, the GT-R owner would probably just slip the van guy some bucks, have the car towed home and weld it shut.

That's fucked up get back to /b/ you cockfaggots

>very right of picture
That looks like a lot of blood.

Why do you autists hate crossovers and suvs? Stupid edgy kids

shit fuck that

I don't give a fuck about pedestrian safety

They handle like shit
They're too large
They don't off-road well
They're bought by douchebags and normalfags
They're slow as shit because of their massive weight

So.. ? they aren't meant to be a performance car. They are a family commuter you fucking idiot
Calm your autism

A wagon would be more fuel efficient, roomier and have better ride characteristics.

It's like your used car hits something minor but all the airbags go off in both front and back seats. That's a $3600 to $5600 charge right there. In used cars, that cost can total the car on its own.

A station wagon is better in literally every way. The only reason to buy a SUV over one is if you live in rural areas with heavy snow. Otherwise it's just a hazard on the road.

Luckily my car came without airbags. Fuck that kind of cost because some faggot decides to bump it.

i never park adjacent to crossovers

>late model Hyundai Tucson

What happened to lane departure warning and pedestrian protection and automatic collision prevention systems?

New cars are supposed to be impossible to crash.

Or they could just chase the hobos out of the middle of the street.

would never have happened with driverless cars
i hope you like supporting terrorism

ban automatic transmissions

And yet people choose crossovers and suvs for a reason
Your shitty contrarian opinion is made irrelevant and by people who actually buy new vehicles

>station wagon better in every way
No it isn't

>hazard on the road
How so? I'd like to see this explanation without resorting to "huur dumb soccer mom drivers!"

thats because normies are fucking retarded.

rrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee

> (1009×2)-1
> There are still people who don't think the volvo xc70 is pretty much the perfect family car

Come on mayne

More difficult to maneuver than smaller/lighter/lower cars, too heavy to brake easily, and basically ensures that if you have a crash with anyone in a sedan they will die.

>No it isn't
wew a great argument. why are you even replying, retard?

Have you ever driven a car?
This may be the most retarded post today.

this

This is all objectively and factually correct. Feel free to ask your teacher when you're old enough to take the driving test.

So basically we should only drive miatas and nothing larger should be allowed on the road?
Fuck off kid.

>retard gets hit by a train
>everyone agrees the retard shouldn't have gone on the tracks

>retard gets hit by a car
>WE NEED TO MAKE CARS SAFER FOR PEDESTRIANS
seriously fuck this designing cars around pedestrians shit

this shitpost really activated my almonds

>strawmanning this hard
As I said already SUVs have their application in places with serious winter weather and some mild offroad. Retards who buy them to commute in the city should be hanged though.

get a wagon or a minivan then.
wagons have plenty of space and can still perform.
minivans have a metric fuckton of space and the same performance of a crossover.
there is literally 0 reason to get a crossover.

Full size wagon master race!

Ban all transmissions with more than two gear capacity!

>xc70
>not the v70 R AWD

triggered

is this your first time seeing a corpse?

K?
This makes no sense.
So its ok to have one, but not ok?
All based on YOUR metrics?
Wew
Wagons and minivans dont offer a small package with AWD and ground clearance with excellent mpg and handling.

>busriders

>so mentally challenged he can't comprehend basic arguments and keeps spouting unsubstantiated bullshit
Okay, you win.

>Wagons and minivans dont offer a small package with AWD and ground clearance with excellent mpg and handling.
ill address these one at a time
>small package
yes, but that's not a bad thing for a family commuter car. you WANT a lot of space in your car.
>AWD
pretty much all of the minivans I've driven have had AWD, and most of the wagons have as well. don't know where you're getting these statistics from
>ground clearance
what the fuck do you need ground clearance for in a family commuter anyway? you're better off with less so there's less body roll and the ride is more comfortable. you're not gonna take it off roading.
>excellent MPG
I get 800km from a single tank in my v70. pretty much any modern car that's not made for performance is gonna have good fuel economy.
>handling
wagons have better handling than crossovers. they're lower to the ground so they have a lower center of mass. minivans have shit handling though.

Again.
Setting things by YOUR standards.
Not everyone lives the same as you (in your moms basement).
Some people go out and do things. Such as hiking, skiing, mnt biking, kayaking, etc etc.
So ground clearance is nice to get to certain places. AWD can help if there is mud, snow, etc.
They handle just fine. My forester can stop, turn, accelerate, or whatever as well as any other DD out there.
Definitely better than my truck.
In fact i may sell my truck just to get a CX5 to get better mpg and more power.

Grow up kid.

cringe if this isnt bait

>no idea what wagons are
>le SUV is a good offroad vehicle
>ad hominems and 'kiddo' in every post
top yourself retard

>i need a 4wd cuz i go hiking sometimes!
holy living jesus

>YOUR standards
These are pretty universal objective metrics. Most SUVs have little to no advantages over wagons except for ground clearance and crossovers actually have none. Drive what you like, but stop autistically denying reality.

>Buswankers.

ftfym

cars don't need to be made safer, muslims do.

Thread.

Ok.
Lets take your wagons and minivans down roads worse than this.

>triumphantly posting a road every awd wagon will breeze through
kek you really are retarded. could at least make the case for high snow, where some 4x4 like Patrol/LC/Pajero is needed
>muh serious non-basement sporting activites on a basic bitch dirt road
lmfao

Lol whatever faggot.
Go on then. Off road your wagon

>hiking skiing and kayaking

All places a fucking awd car could take you.

you arent running the rubicon trail you fuckwad

>all roads are paved
Hahah kys
Im sure that volvo wont hit any rocks.. right?

I hate these hyundai so much

>>all roads are paved
>Hahah kys
sorry which 3rd world country do you live in wher you have unpaved roads? good work outing yourself as being a dune coon or something similar

>he never leaves paved roads.
I bet your hands are as smooth as your pussy.

stay pleb

Muh wagon fucks can say what they want but the fact of the matter is PEOPLE BUY SUVS AND CROSSOVERS INSTEAD OF WAGONS FOR A FUCKING REASON
BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE PRACTICAL FAMILY VEHICLES
IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS YOU HAVE AUTISM LIKE HOLY FUCK

Inb4
>bbbut I'm a basement dwelling neet loser who jerk to wagons because their are hipster as, I know what's better for a family vehicle than people that actually have a fucking family!
Literally fucking kys

>Muh wagon fucks can say what they want but the fact of the matter is PEOPLE BUY SUVS AND CROSSOVERS INSTEAD OF WAGONS FOR A FUCKING REASON
>BECAUSE THEY ARE MORONS
ftfy
You're welcome

SUVs are nice things.

The visibility in low cars is garbage. I like to sit high because you get a much better overview of traffic.

This is ridiculous, you posted exactly zero sources then claim you're factually correct.

Visibility in higher cars is so much better, combined with being able to sit upright, SUVs are great to drive.

I thought you can turn all that shit off if you want to.
Not sure.

goddamn I could get through that shit with my fwd shitbox,it's nothing special

Here comes dat ass.
I heard she didn't dieded because of the ass

Now that was a quick rundown.
It is a miracle

Here let me distill this post for you

>part of the reason cars are getting worse is autistic designers being unable to cope with ped safety laws

"muh bubble car, it needs to be edgier! make the windows smaller!"

CUVs are basically feel good cars

"oh honey, it's so big that means it's safe"
"honey we can't go off road in an impreza wagon, it doesn't look offroady enough"
"honey the seats are high up that means it must be offroady"
"BITCH IF I PUT A LIGHTBAR AND A JEEP BADGE ON IT WILL YOUR DUMB SLUT ASyes honey you're right but i'm selling one of our kids for an STI"

Earth is flat am I rite?

Wagons are hardly hipster. They are massively popular in Europe. The SUV cancer only started spreading recently with retarded middle class mums trying to offset their lack of driving skills through muh higher visibility and extra safety at the expense of other road users.

SUVs have their applications of course, but their popularity among morons using it only to commute in the city/suburbia absolutely warrants the hatred.

Go ahead.
Wouldnt wanna get shown up by a kia would you?

SUVs have their applications but are 99% of the time not used to their full potential
CUVs have no redeeming features except as a normie cuckmobile and has the worst of both worlds
A sedan can fit the needs of most families, let alone a wagon
/thread

Bring your sedan or wagon out here then.

I like crossovers. Just bought one.

Yeah, but there aren't any roads like that in London bro.

>CleanerAir