/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

Tune in to "Progress: The Late Night Show"!

> Play Comfy Jam!
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Play Demo Day 12!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Upcoming Demo Day 13
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Thread
> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/KUSDs9vt

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/8DFkkce3

> Engines
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
LÖVE: love2d.org
Monogame: monogame.net
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

aaaleee.itch.io/international-bounty-hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9PGklrtkg
youtube.com/watch?v=OJkGGuudm38
youtube.com/watch?v=SMLbbi8oaO8
youtube.com/watch?v=T-HXmQAMhG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjl8jP5Nuvc&t=476s
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/163080092/#163104347
pastebin.com/kWW5CPs1
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8
pastebin.com/Yn7mXm6d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for adding a link to yesdev in the OP

>game mechanics
its not a car, dumbass

im not good enough

Thanks, user. Sounds pretty sad tbqh.

What is the best engine

Your progress is important to me. What will you make today?

please allah protect this days daily thread from the encroachment of the infidels

V12

PROGRESS

did a custom inspector extension for map events, should make building levels much easier

What if gogem doesn't even post here anymore and its just a bunch of people trolling pretending to be him?
What if gogem never even existed in the first place?

A good tradesman makes his own tools.
Well done.

that conspiracy theory would work if it werent for the fact i have proof of my existence through the things i make.

What's your dayjob, /agdg/? How do you support your gamedev habit?

>anons jealous of the attention goog gets
>keep giving it to him

>1280x720

holy fuck why is OBS so difficult to use

I wanted it CROPPED wtf is this shit

Attempt to finally grasp the art of the new Physical Animation component I'm starting to think I should just use the old-school blending. This little shit refuses to obey me.

Im a food engineer at Papa Johns

You know you can crop and trim with Webmconverter?

neet
My parents support me.

I'm a failing biology student

I remember when you went on crazy rants for months about how any indie game had to be super original to succeed...
And then made multiplayer ROCK PAPER SCISSORS expecting it to be a commercial success!

You can't make this shit up

Was a technician in a coal mine. Sickness got the better of me, so for now I'm neeting around on my savings.

it isnt the YESDEV coming out but an upcoming episode is going to be on marketing so hopefully they can get the attention they want if they ever finish their episode 0 tutorial game and get to move on

yeah, I realize that, but I assumed when you cropped in OBS it would -actually- crop and not do some crazy shit like black out everything outside of the crop region

I am spriting the mid boss for verse 02 and will begin it's AI relatively soon(ish).

>(9, 0) is black
Dodged a bullet there.

Saved up student loans
Going to study more from autumn just so I can take up more loans/grants

I work as a son

are you doing more yesdev?

I like it. These super basic sprites have always been comfy to me.

I drive a ferry.
Good money but I wish I could dev on the job

AGDG has a penchant for misremembering things. there were no crazy rants and i never claimed to know how to be """"successful"""" especially given i dont use bullshit manlet loaded terms like "success" or "professional" or "fun".
being original is my opinion and will always be my opinion.... why even bother making things if you dont want to make something new?
>gogem rants and raves
fake news

new one in a few days

Hey anons, uploaded a demo of my game to itch.io
If you have some spare time to playtest this really early version of the game I'd appreciate it. I'll leave the page up for tonight and probably take it down tomorrow.

aaaleee.itch.io/international-bounty-hunter

I work remotely as a software developer.

burrito galaxy looks fucking stupid

i mad

who is you...

hey mushbub

>putting my progress to a screeching halt
Fuck you.
How / where do you want to receive feedback?

I post here on weekends, been here for ages. started this project a couple of months ago. I keep to myself and just reply to progress posts though so I reckon I don't draw much attention.

never seen you here before whodev
no free advertising

part-time military

how you get that job? i wanna drive a ferry

That's the attitude I like!
Any way you want is fine, here, tumblr (aaaaaaaaleeeeeeee), or itch.io comments.
Please note that the game is very unpolished and unabalanced, it's mostly a demo of the two main mechanics.
Thanks user!

So basically I should hold off on posting progress videos for a while?

I've seen him around before, chill out shitfam.

>whodev samefagging
here we go again

This is how you always respond when confronted with your insane mannerism:
Either you deny everything, or go full "I was only pretending to be retarded".

Stop for a moment and think. Try to really consider this.
In any case, I think a break from AGDG would be good for you.

Retail wageslave

You can fuck right off mate. IBHdev is cool.

Boat captain jobs are in demand. If you're in the US like me, you can look up the coast guard requirements for a captain license. It's a bitch getting one, but once you have it you can probably get a job easy.

show me some interesting shaders.
I want to be motivated to learn them.

i'd like to make some quick art for a game im making. what drawing programs are good for pixel art

kill yoursefl

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9PGklrtkg

photoshop or asprite

Aseprite
GraphicsGale
MSPaint
Krita
Photoshop

Order intentional.

thanks. will give a shot to aseprite.

my dick

I'm very new to unity, and last thread someone posted a link to a bunch of resources of things ripped from old games. I have an old spyro 2 map that I want to mess around in, but I'm extremely new to unity. How do I set it up the level in the scene?

*UNITY SPECIFIC*
youtube.com/watch?v=OJkGGuudm38
youtube.com/watch?v=SMLbbi8oaO8

Intro to shaders
youtube.com/watch?v=T-HXmQAMhG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjl8jP5Nuvc&t=476s

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/163080092/#163104347
Here's a post from when I came up with the name of this game back in December, you can find posts about my game from November onwards.

This is me giving feedback to every other game dev in the previous thread. I usually do this a couple of times a week.

Pic related is my previous project, currently on hold.

I also made a shipping simulator for the vita a couple of years ago and posted progress regularly.

If you spent some time looking at progress posts and giving feedback you'd probably remember my game, but I've been participating in agdg for years and you don't get to say wether or not I can post my demo links here.

pastebin.com/kWW5CPs1

>replying to a whodev shitpost
dude chill

Download the zip of the map or file, unzip, then drag and drop the whole folder into your Unity Assets folder in the editor. Then drag and drop the .obj file (I believe) into the scene and you'll see the 3D model. Dig around for the texture and you can drag and drop that onto the model.

The Mario 64 one is nice as it has a single texture for the entire map. Not sure if they are all like that.

I revisited some enemies behavior.
They can react to attacking their kin with fear or aggression, or turn friendly while helping them in a pinch.

what does the black market shit do?

what if gaming weren't filled with schizophrenic paranoid lunatics?

Also a helpful tip from user is to add a rigidbody to the map if you want to be able to run around on it with a character controller.

As someone who's afraid of any kind of stingy flying piece of shit, fuck you.
Otherwise that's impressive.

What if I wasn't such a fucking retard

@168824060
Stop crying.

I see. You say to drag and drop into the assets folder in the editor itself, but I'm trying to do that, and it's not allowing me. Do you mean the section that says 'assets' under the scene, or something else?

then we'd have proof it isnt art.

That's pretty good feedback, thanks user!

The thing with warrants is, if you get to the same city as the criminal and you still don't have enough clues you are fucked and will fail the contract. If you are in that situation your best bet is to gamble and get an arrest warrant with all the info you have and filling out the blanks.
The flight is too long sometimes,and too short other times, I'm incorporating a news screen there that will add more to it, but I'll probably make flight animations a constant length instead of it being relative to the distance.
The UI feedback is great, thanks.

Hope this makes sense. Select folder from File Browser, drag and drop onto the Unity Project folder top of hierarchy named Assets

John Carmack wants to see a first person roguelike VR game.
Are you going to make it?

You can buy stuff there and sell it somewhere else, sometimes events get triggered and items become 5x as valuable, those items will be usable in the future but are only for buying and selling right now.
Thanks for playing it!

Again, is Mixamo a valid way of rigging your characters?

neet master race

Do you even posts games anymore? Did you ever?

are you trying to force a new ebpic agdg meme

Where is your game?

I was wondering which character that was.

gg

Why? I'm just asking?

do other people's games count?
youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0e3QUADw8

Ok, I know I'm being really dense here and I'm sorry for that, but I just cannot for the life of me find the place that I'm supposed to drag and drop the folder containing everything. The few models I have in the assets section are just ones where I imported the .obj file alone through the assets tab.

>danny shitting up the thread
>take a month break to see if it improves
>come back
>he is STILL at it

*groan*
Guess this is something we have to live with, eh?

I would forget the damned file too.

Database developer.

Onto this, it should allow you. if it doesn't try clicking between the Editor and File Browser (your computer's file browser not Unity's) to switch focus or something.

I'm starting to think it's not actually him, and all indie devs are just like this.

Do you accept game play footage feedback? To see the first moments of a beginner?

Or maybe even this (wrong picture and wrong post very impressive)

pastebin.com/Yn7mXm6d

Requesting help with tick/delta seconds (in UE4).

So I'm trying to factor in frame rate for every single function that applies a force on a pawn. Basically, I'm multiplying the applied force in each of these functions by (Get World Delta Seconds * idealFrameRate) [idealFrameRate currently set to 120 because that's the framerate I had before I implemented this -- I'll factor it out later].

For some reason when I'm down to about 40-50 frames (or below) in the editor it gets seriously jittery and forces seem to apply by huge amounts. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with this method?

The game is entirely physics based. Pawn is controlled by AddForce and AddTorque.

I'm open to starting a dialogue about making art for your game, but you're going to have to tell me about your game before we begin.

>*groan*

John can kiss my butt. I'm not gonna waste VR on ASCII graphics.

AddForce already accounts for delta time