So random question, why does the GT-R get so much praise, yet a Viper seems to always get overlooked...

So random question, why does the GT-R get so much praise, yet a Viper seems to always get overlooked? So much of what was said in the second to last paragraph seems equally true for America’s exotic. It’s an underdog (almost no one gives Dodge any credit), it’s reasonably cheap (as far as Euro exotics are concerned), yet destroys them around a track. The newer ones aren’t that uncomfortable to drive (I’ll admit a GT-R still seems more user friendly and has better utility, but who really buys one for that?).

I read a post on a McLaren forum the other day where someone had compared a 911, some Lambo, a McLaren, a Viper, and I think one or two other cars and when the Viper beat them all people just write it off as some fluke like it had a good driver while the other cars didn’t. I remember another article from some time ago where a Viper went up against a Vette and had a better 100-0 stopping distance and they thought there was no way the Viper could have beat the Vette so it must have been on a better section of track. I just don’t get the hate or indifference.

Because

>FCA

The Viper wouldn't have even been discontinued if the FCA wasn't a bunch of dumb niggers and actually made economy cars that were GOOD and cheap instead of trying to flood the market with cheap "murscle" sedans and pigfat Challengers. They did that along with making too many Vipers and they don't move.

The viper is easily one of the best sports cars for it's money and runs circles around numerous other top of the line cars.

They cheated by putting a huge rear wing, huge tires and huge motor. It's hardly a feat of engineering like the GTR.

Chrysler can't make a good/cheap economy car because half their fucking parts are MERCEDES BENZ shit which breaks and costs a lot of money.

Therefore, the only demographics they can appeal to now are 40+ year old divorced women, niggers, pretend macho men who can only afford a V6 of their desired muscle car, and boomers who think they'll get a good ROI on a Hellcat they're hiding in the garage for 20 years.

Bevause the viper is a road legal track car
Big tires big brakes big aero big engine
Its nothing special

Same reason no one carries on about radicals (except for Alphonso shit posting)

>what is 2nd gen Dodge Neon

Many people are neckbeard manchildren that live in their mothers basements. These type of people are attracted to a certain type of culture which includes watching anime. They watch anime and praise the Japanese creators and become weeaboos. As weeaboos they're drawn to japanese culture like flying planes into ships, eating shark fins, and driving japanese cars. So when a japanese super car like the GTR comes out they're all over it and they end up ignoring everything else.

Anyway, the Viper is a fantastic car. It's a shame people don't buy them because it signals that there isn't demand so the manufacturers just cease production.

Same thing can be said about the GT-R.

>being this mad about the viper getting btfo by a family sedan

Because the GTR was made to be “An ultimate supercar for anyone, anywhere, at any time. The Viper is a beast in it’s own right, but it’s not easy to drive let alone race and it’s never been a good daily driver. That being said, The R35 bores me. It’s ugly, sounds odd, feels cheap inside, is “auto tragic”, etc. It’s a ton of performance but it doesn’t appeal to me whatsoever. I am in the minority though.

The viper is undriveable on normal roads, the GTR is a surgeons scapel. The ride is harsh on both cars but you’re less likely to end up in a ditch in the Nissan, so it’s a more practical car.

I also think the Nissan appeals more to the younger generations and the viper has a mid life crisis vibe to it.

Shit

>no traction control
>no ABS

>why do people avoid this car???

The gtr retains creature comforts, as well as luxury amenities and is a perfectly viable dd... don't be retarded

What's with the Viper shilling on this board? Sorry nobody wanted to buy your "exotic" "supercar" that's a pain to drive off the track and has a Chrysler parts bin interior FCA marketing peon. Tell your employer maybe they should make a supercar that enjoys the same quality and amenities of other cars in its price range.

The Viper is a god machine. At least admit that

I like the gtr.
I like the nsx
i want to own both once.

I like viper kinda, hate vette and hate new """muscle"""" cars.
Viper is honest, its a fucking murderous car which is respectful.
Vette is kinda like honda del sol

>Vette is kinda like honda del sol
So dope as fuck?

>normies cant drive cars that actually take effort

no wonder the GT-R is so popular

>MUH SOUL
>MUH PASSION
>MUH PERSONALITY

The ACR is the car that a lot of people seem to wish for, big NA engine, no assists, manual and priced below 45m USD, but then they complain the viper is "too hardcore".

Alphonso just go

>make a car for performance with modifications it would most definitely have in any race
>how dare they

While I've never owned a viper or driven in one, I have owned cars very close to it. The reason the GTR is so popular is because it's accessible. It's a very predictable car and it does have 4 seats although the back 2 could only be used by children, midgets, very small women or manlets. It also has a fairly good size trunk so they can be used as a daily so long as you don't have to carry around a lot of stuff.

The viper on the other hand is known to be a handful even when not pushed. It also only has 2 seats, a very small trunk and burns you when you get out of it because of how the exhaust runs. The viper falls into the same category as the c7 ZO6, c6 zr1 and the GT3 RS of amazing track cars or weekend toys, but it's not something you want to use everyday or go any great distance in.

Problem I have with the GTR is everything is electric offering little driver feel paddles and whatnot. I find it hard to believe a proper Manual would slow it down all that much. Also it's heavy as FUCK, Inb4 laptimes

Depends on what do you mean by slow it down. A manual would offer a much slower 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time but around a road course it really wouldn't matter if it was manual or auto. Look at the GT350R in the tests done by motortrend. The GTR won by a lot in the straight line speed tests but around the track the GT350R eats the GTR for dinner.

I'll admit the GTR can feel a little clinical due to all the electronics but it's not completely numb either. The steering gives pretty good feedback since it's a normal rack and if you set the traction control to R mode it will step out and move around a lot. Changing to a square tire setup also makes the car become more engaging. The biggest complaint about the car being too easy to drive fast is a valid one though. Of all the GTR owners I've known that have crashed their cars it was because they were driving far above their skill levels and relying too much on the car to correct their mistakes.

I know with my car I can completely butcher a corner in normal traction control mode and the computers can correct for just about any major mistake short of just coming in way too fast.

In R mode you do have to pay a little closer attention to what you're doing because the computers won't save your bacon.

yeah, the 2017 GTR could be a daily driver.

Love the Viper but you would not enjoy driving that to work every single day.

>The ACR is the car that a lot of people seem to wish for, big NA engine, no assists, manual and priced below 45m USD, but then they complain the viper is "too hardcore".

I don't want a fucking non-computer assisted V10 machine for non-track use. I want comfy AWD only the fly power shifting with ABS and all those bell and whistles because it's safe.

I'm not a pro track driver, I don't give a fuck.

Which year do you have and how do you still like the car? I'm very seriously considering getting a 2017.

How often do you drive it?

Not even joking this thread has been the least shitposty post about the GTR and it's competitors.

Imagine if most threads were like this. good job Op and everyone replying.

They are both in a weird spot (at least in the US) as far as how they line up with the rest of the brand, it's not like with Porsche or Corvette where most of the buyer base are brand loyalists or always dreamed of a 911/Vette and finally become financially secure enough to buy one. Even the few people that are Nissan or Dodge loyalists don't seem to make up the buyer base for the GTR and Viper from what I've seen. You really just have to drive them and like them for what they are.

This never happens.

Everywhere I go people shit on the GTR and praise the Viper.

where do you go? Forza Motorsport Forums?

Lmao mention the gtr and they get triggered into Posting fake lap times

>Everywhere I go people shit on the GTR
Then please tell me this very niche part of the internet because it sounds unusual.
Nobody shits on it even there and i should know because i go there on occasion.

Here, MotorAuthority facebook comments, comments on any video about the GTR on YouTube.

Snek ACR is an old school champ, insane aero, giant engine, light weight, huge wheels.

Good formula for success.

I think it's a bot that automatically posts these random ass images and replies anytime the keywords "gtr" are mentioned even though this thread has nothing to do with corvettes

I have a 2015 black edition which is the first year that Nissan started to soften the car up and make it better at handing normal road conditions. I've had it a little over a year now and put something like 15k miles on it. So far It's been super reliable and the only issues I've had with it is the clear chipping off of the carbon fiber spoiler and diffuser. I had both replaced under warranty.

Starting in 2015 they really do start make good dailies as the comfort suspension setting actually does something compared to the past years. I won't say the ride is soft in that setting but it does a much better job soaking up small bumps like the expansion joints in overpasses.

You do get a lot of odd noises from the transmission and brakes but once you get used to them you don't notice them as much. If you take friends for a ride though expect to get questions about why it's clicking or banging at certain times. I can't speak for the 2017 models because they have more sound deadening but the earlier cars sometimes seem more like a science experiment then a car due to all the odd noises they make.

>reading youtube comments
>having a facebook account.

Sad!

pics?

Awesome, thanks for the info. At first I was thinking about dailying it but I went ahead and bought a beater because it's just never going to see salt or rain if I can help it. I've read the noises are normal I really don't mind at all, it's a beast of a car, not a god damn luxury sedan.

If I get one you're sure to see me shit posting.

If you look around for the Texas night wave thread there some more pictures of it there. I took it out to the twin sisters event about a month ago.

kek
this

the neon/dart is an absolute piece of shit.

Fatass.

You're a big guy

LOL, being fat is the one thing I can't be accused of; I'm a 100% manlet. That picture is the one the dealer took when I bought the it. It was the only picture I had of it on my phone that didn't have to be resized to be posted.

I used to work with a guy who dalied a first gen Viper IN THE RAIN TOO ZOMG. He always was smiling so it can't be that bad...

>random question
bullshit

oh night wave euro here.
Heard lot of good things about you.
Really like your car too. Glad your enjoying it

>I used to work with a guy who dalied a first gen Viper IN THE RAIN TOO ZOMG. He always was smiling so it can't be that bad..
I'm sure it's very dooable but the way I drive stupid shit would happen. I'm happy to have the computer save my ass when I'm hooning around town.

>tfw 5'8"

Never gonna make it are we bros?

feat of engineering.
so...at tx2k17, a good chunk of the GTR's there couldn't even make it past the tree without blowing motors, suffering random other issues.

son i am dissapoint.jpg

Snek is best. I love snek.