/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Looks like you get to.

Melee HBG

We're off to a good start

what is the most feminine melee weapon?

Elemental SnS if the second-to-last digit is odd, elemental CB if it's even.
And, no, blast doesn't count.

So I saw last thread someone saying there's only one (1) useful armor set. What is that set?
I was honestly debating about fighting Hyper Deviljho for the Esurient R set, but if people have better suggestions I'm all ears.

Silvermeme mix I assume.

I miss subspecies

crit eye+2
razor sharp
weakness exploit
crit boost

uses hayabusa feather, silversol/lodestar and some other miscellaneous pieces depending on your charm

Tigerstripe, Brute, and Stygian were all pretty great.

what's the difference between subspecies and deviants?

How are you missing something that's still around?

Subspecies are good.

>tfw no more Zin U armor

How is MH3U for the 3ds? Performance any good? I've only played it on the Wii U. I heard that there's no online for it but I don't mind solo huntan

Only 4 subs are good
Purple Ludroth
Green Narga
Tiger Zimzam
Sand Barioth

Subspecies are pretty self-explanatory, Deviants are off the curve monsters, which evolved a bit differently than its default counterparts or even just learned new tricks to defend themselves due external factors (like surviving long enough).

Nothing, deviants is a rebranding of subspecies as they make new ones.
I don't know what that autism is talking about.

I don't, I can count how many subs/Rares aren't dogshit reskins on one hand.

Lucent Cuga
Tigerstripe Zamtrios
4U Blue Kut Ku
4U White Fatalis
Sand Barioth

there are flat out more good Deviants than there are good subspecies and Deviants were only in one game.

>He doesn't know
It's just not called Zinogre U in the other 2 games.

>evolved a bit differently than its default counterparts or even just learned new tricks to defend themselves due external factors (like surviving long enough).
That's a subspecies

What are the good silverwind narga weapons?

The Hellblade ones.

60fps if you disable 3D in the main menu (and can endure the lack of AA), and 30~45 fps with it on (which makes the game a bit better looking, but kinda blurry.)

3U is not really worth playing anymore, it's very dated already and you are better off playing 4U instead.

Switch Axe

post canonically dead monsters

I want to give Meowstress a big, wet, adult kiss!

Those Teostra have to come from somewhere, user.

I already have 600hours in 4u. I just want to fight qurupeco tbqh

You'll change your mind pretty fast when you hit HR and Qurupecos start calling Jho non fucking stop.

>You'll change your mind pretty fast when you hit HR and Qurupecos starts giving you high end monster parts for free.

Yo that's a sick astalos. Take an amatsu.

>implying that you can kill Jho with your puny LR sticks

I want one of the /mhg/ girls to date Charlotte so the thread implodes

that's mizutsune, the new flagship monster fucking noob

>/mhg/
>girls

Bath time already!?

Was charlotte better in 4U than he is now? He kinda sucks now

wasn't there that one who posted their nargacuga kigurumi

It's an exaggeration, but it's the set that all the weapons that don't normally go for different nuanced skills go for (LS, Hammer, Switchaxe, sometimes DB and SnS but full toka is sometimes really good for those and especially SnS). Bows stack a different set of skills, bowguns do too to a lesser extent (trueshot, bonus shot, element up, shot type up, etc). Weakness exploit is extremely good on everything if you can get it and if you get a WE godcharm I'm pretty sure full toka is better on almost any elemental weapon than memesol is.

I am okay with them ditching subspecies and just focusing on monster variety.
I am not okay with them completely discarding the elements of subspecies that improved upon the originals instead of integrating them in the original species' movesets.
Zam should have Tigrestripe's form swapping, Kut-Ku should have Blue's Konchu trickshots, Barioth should have Sand's twister mechanics, et cetera.

Hyper Clak Clak has too much HP and is a shit hunt. Just thought you all should know.

I r8 it 3/8, I might have chuckled if not for the fact that amatsu is in generations

high hitzone high hp isn't much different from low hitzone low hp

Oh yeah and I forgot IG for some reason.

why dont you use the english name ''mizutsune'' instead of the japanese name ''amatsu''. Its in the game, I see it right now in front of me

fucking weeb

>Suggesting you need a kill for break parts + tail cut
People don't know how break parts work.

tama sounds cuter

We may not have girls(female) but we have plenty of girls(male) which are good enough for me

HBG is literally critmeme with Pierce Up instead of Razor Sharp, don't kid yourself.

>grinding a monster by breaking parts and some meager drops instead of just playing the game normally and fighting it when the quest pops up

Gotta craft power talon and armor talon with Jho parts, and might as well get it ASAP instead of 50 hours later.

None of us is actually gonna date you, Charlotte, we're only into organics.

I want to be the most girlish hunter I can.

What weapon should I pick that screams ''female''. I was thinking about DB or LS.

And repeat offender instead of weakness exploit. Half the skills are different but there's only 4 skills on it with this limited ass no fun allowed high rank shit show so that's not saying much.

Those are fine choices.

I'd make breakfast for Charlotte and hunt a few monsters while watching the sun rise.

LBG.

Bow and spam level 1 shots from across the zone. That's the real female player for you.

but which one is the most feminine weapon between the two?

I feel like LBG is not girly enough. Girls suck with guns.

Bow is good idea too

>there are people in THIS thread RIGHT NOW that actually call the fated four by their localised names

Depends on the type of "girlish" you're going for. IG or prowler for the "haha gross animals are cute!" kind of girl, LS or DB for a fujoshit weeb, bow for a girl that isn't shit.

that's obviously not him because he keep rejecting us ;_;

parasol lbg

You'd be right but Dinovaldosaurus is fucking trash

LBG or any weapon that doesn't require to be close to the monster is a girly weapon.

I wanna share a cheese fondue with him.

And gammoth literally wasn't localised, you're just typing with an affected japanese accent like a cringey thirteen year old weeaboo if you say gamuto.

I still prefer it to glaive anus

Why are you in my turf?

Why you are not Jinouga?

Even glavved anus is better

>only monster introduced in his debut game
>couldn't even get the flagship billing despite the only competition being a paint job of the last game's flagship
>implying best anything

OH FUCK

>tfw you will never have to repel garuga again

Cutscene reference baka
Garuga knows he isn't best which is why he's so mad

i'm trying out adept hbg for the first time, can anyone tell me the finer points on how to quickly aim?

i know you can push on the circle pad to aim at a desired location after the adept dodge, but how do you do the same for a regular roll? i know that the roll attack for adept hbg is siege mode, but i sometimes want to roll to the side instead of forward and i want to be able to be facing the same direction even when i roll sideways

So the data transfer site for MHX->MHXX says that, if you change your characters gender any gender specific equipment will be lost and any decorations on them will be lost if there is no room in the item box...

Is this to say that the item box isn't being expanded? Cause i'm at full capacity already and have to actively make sure to not have more than 99 of a non-consumable monster part.

They seriously can't put any more monster parts into this game as-is without another 8 pages on the item box.

They better not fuck this up.

I kick every disgusting weeaboo faggot who uses a female character the following voices: 11, 15, 18, 19 and 20. I hope you do too /mhg/

Fun fact: Every faggot you people namedrop for being a cancerous tumor on this community uses female characters and one of those voices, one more reason why those people are irredeemable human trash.

They reduced the box capacity and removed Item Sets, also, GL can't attack.

It simply can't be done from siege because of how Adept works. Your best bet is to roll forward, or else just roll out of siege and get back into it from your desired position manually.

sell your useless scraps, they take up a good half to a quarter of a page

Hyper Malfestio is annoying.
>there will be G-rank Deviant Malfestio with -drome monster

>tfw armor sets in XX will still be far more limited than they were in 4U
>no Honed Blade
>no Ruthlessness
>no Sheath Control
>no fun
>just more crit stacking natural purple only final destination

>caring about the voice

casual