Boomer thread

What the fuck is wrong with boomers? How in the fuck does this senile fucking retard think he can get 7500 for a salvage title rusted out 318 console shift non r/t challenger. Their generation cant die off soon enough
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6011942520.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRIJaGJmu0I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's dealer too.
boomer + dealer = maximum kippuh

because even a 318 Challenger will fetch 20k+ when in good shape and that car is still largely there

when they die these cars will be sold for around the same price as they are now because people like you still want them

millennials are already doing the same thing to shitboxes from the 80s and 90s so dont think boomers are anything special

Everyone wants the car they had in high school or really wanted but couldn't. So sense the kids in a few years will all be driving dirt cheap new chargers and challengers I'm going to buy a bunch and store them for 40 years and be rich. right now used chargers v8 are 6k used challengers are 14k. still a bit high for high schoolers.

>buying anything from snottsdale

As long as it has a V8, you can throw any V8 Mopar in it no problem. And a small engine means it wasn't thrashed around like the high performance Challengers. If the body was in perfect shape it would we'll be worth that price. But clearly isn't.

ran when parked
i no wat i got

weak engines are almost always driven harder than strong engines

Talking about the body

>looking for a car in scottsdale
just buy from a different suburb, scottsdale is full of rich assholes

The same thing that's wrong with god damn GT-Rs spiking in price and every other god damn 90s jap shitbox

jap cars are going up because they threw RWD into any old shitbox and now everyone's too cheap. GT-Rs are just hyped because of the exclusivity and imports.

Im guessing the boomer thing is just getting nostalgia in old rich people. I have no idea if they actually sell these pieces of shit

>check out pic related
I found this on Craigslist. Not even kidding. It is a rusted pile of metal with a fender tag bolted on. Boomers need to die of heart attacks, now.

This must be a joke.

blame honda for making shitty ff shitboxes.
Blame everyone else for making shitty ff econoboxes.

There's a demand for RWD cars and nobody is making any.
GT86 and new miata are the only cheap rwd cars worth having right now.

What's worse is that I actually thought this was a joke, and I called the guy. He sounded about 90, barely coherent, and became angry when I offered him $50 for the scrap metal.

>Dodge Challenger Mopar
Kek

I wish.
See

>ran when parked

was it parked at the bottom of a lake since the 1970s

>when they die these cars will be sold for around the same price as they are now because people like you still want them
No they won't. The rare options or top trim line numbers matching cars will, but once the boomers die off the market for these cars will largely due as well. Only a few are historically significant and just about all suck.

It legit sucks when an asshole hoards a car for a stupid price. They would rather watch it rot then let to go for a 'cheap' price and into the hands of someone who could give it a second chance. Fuck these people. They are hoarders with attachment issues.

Only way to keep up with it, is if to see when they die, and intercept the vechile fast before it gets junked, sold with the land, or goes to an action.

When I think of all the good shit trashed because someone let it rot in a field for 10-30 years because 'muh car, muh feels, muh price' my blood boils.

This is a pretty naïve opinion IMO. Go sell an old car for a cheap price and watch as someone else washes it and then puts it straight up for what you would have asked anyway.

I once considered a 1986 Cressida that sat at the back of a used car lot for a long, long time. Flat tires and all. Bad fuel pump too, cranked fast when boosted and wanted to live. Low miles for its age. He wanted over $1000 Canadian at the time for it, the car was not worth that much for its age and the work it needed. He bragged he could get something like $400 for the wheels and tires alone. I said fuck it and left.

The car sat for another two-three years, got in even worse shape, and one day I saw it gone. I assume trashed when the scrap price got high enough. It was saveable when I looked at it, but held in the arms if an asshole for far, far too long.

Fuck these people.

I saw a rusted out Valiant (aus chrysler) on ebay the other day. COMPLETELY rusted out everywhere water would sit, mouldy destroyed interior, being sold by a reasonable seller as a parts car with a small starting price (bidding was up to a few hundred dollars when I saw it).
In the window sat an old mouldy sun faded sign "NOT FOR SALE"

Wrong

I've seen people buy just the vin of a factory big block 4 speed car for $10k+

This is the only challenger for sale in the Phoenix metro area under 10 grand. Believe me I hate snottsdale as much as anyone, but I don't have a lot of options

>No tire kickers

Why do other people like what I like and drive the prices up?

>but I don't have a lot of options

Yes you do. Don't buy one. You only want it for the styling anyway, JUST LIKE THE BOOMERS.

Cars are for style. Motorcycles are for brutal acceleration. If you buy a shitbox you'll drop absurd money into it. For what? Think. Buying old Boomer shit won't put you into times long gone.

Why does this bother you? Did you want it? What a stupid thing to cry about. What an asshole.

Because only 76k Challengers were made in 1970 compared to something like 155k Dodge Darts.

E-bodies were very low production.

The whole idea behind muscle cars is power and performance for your dollar. They were meant to be daily-d during the week and raced on weekends. What bothers me now is that they've become collecters items and these senile boomers won't even take them out of their garage. If your fucking car is so badass and powerful why don't you use it like that? These blue collar cars have become dick extensions for old rich cunts

??? K den

My bad i read your post wrong
Deleting myself.

Have you guys seen how much that Counting Cars guy will pay for literal heaps of shit?

He'll be driving, then all of a sudden hollywood a 180 in the middle of Vegas, and chase down some fucking hunk bucket, to offer him 3.5x street value, and some how, some way, the guy he's bartering with is able to talk him up even more.

I see these hunks of shit for sale all the time int he midwest and nobody asks over 2grand for them in original driving condition, or over 1grand for a decent roller.

It depends on the car bro.
You're not going to get a Hemi Cuda in any condition for less than 6 digits but you can pick up a mint Ranchero for $3k.

Hoarding cars is a thing actually. People will collect cars and say they will sell them, and ask for prices no one will pay, and if someone does they back out of the sale with some excuse.

Its some kind of pathological thing. Invariably the guy dies, and the family sells it with the estate or junks it.

Crazy motherfuckers out there.

>gunna park the car better make sure it's bare steel sitting outside for 20 years.

why

danny plz go

>Meanwhile 25 year old jdm fagggots sell 30 year old corollas for $10 000+

gay thread

excuse?

The smaller engined cars were more common and were the ones that ended up in the hands of high school and college age guys getting thrashed and modded. The Hemis and 440s ended up in the hands of people a little older and more responsible, who knew what they were and took care of them or squirreled them away in some corner knowing they would be worth money some day.

>people babied 426s

There's a difference between a 17 year old working at burger king and putting headers and a double pumper on his 318 Challenger so he can play Ronnie Sox down at the local hang out versus the older more mature driver with the financial means to afford to purchase and maintain a Hemi car (more than likely as a weekend toy).

Yeah, they may both beat on the cars, but the older guy with the hemi is gonna have a whole bunch more mechanical sympathy and restraint when they're out having fun.

That's not very unreasonable actually and it's not rusted out. Those things are stupid rare.

Well comparatively the 318 can outlive the Hemi.
318s were the epitome of reliability.

This, there's a shitload of surface rust but there's no rust eating the frame (yet)

Look up the auto archeologist on facebook or instagram, he just drives around and finds amazing cars that have been sitting for years and years. If that was me I'd probably cry at a few of those cars

>stored in my pond for the past 20 years

>and just about all suck.

hes right though

theyre all crap

You might be right for the first owner, but no matter what engine these had they weren't worth anything by the time the second oil crisis hit. The big block cars were teenager fodder at that point

This, by the mid 80's muscle cars were undesirable shitboxes.

>this

even a goddamn corolla will walk a muscle car

>minor rust

>turbo a corolla
>run an 11
>turbo a 55 Chevy
>run a 9

>even a goddamn corolla will walk a muscle car
I'm pretty sure you're wrong there, dude.

Tons of vintage muscle cars can run good times because of their large engine bays which let them push a ton of power, and their light weight. And while they may not be the best for both of these things individually, it's the combination of both of them that let them do so well.

nah

Yeah lots of old muscle cars were on crazy narrow bias ply tires when the magazines first tested muscle cars, and even then quite few still went will into the 13s, on 3 and 4 speed transmissions.

That explains the inbred assholes behind the only AMC dealership left standing (in one of the Carolina's). Hoarded cars, some brand new with no miles, some rare ones, just let most of them go to complete shit outside. Fuckin dickhead.

>turbo a small displacement engine
>go fast
>turbo a huge displacement engine
>go slightly faster
is this supposed to be impressive?

Well vtak is a fucking idiot so never trust what he says.

Has it right, the small ass tires means you're putting down not much power, or you're smoking the tires.

ur just mad that your shitty boomer mobile cant hold a candle to a fucking camry

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

The faster you go the more wind resistance you have so yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=GRIJaGJmu0I

Even if it couldn't, you're still in a fucking cookie cutter Camry lmao.

better than a cookie cutter old shitbox

>better than a cookie cutter old shitbox
wrong and they aren't cookie cutter anymore.
Keep sour graping if you want, any muscle car, regardless of how slow it is has buckets more character than your mom's spare grocery cart.

who cares when theyre complete shit

and yeah most of them arent anything special

>who cares when theyre complete shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

>and yeah most of them arent anything special
Wrong.
Maybe in the 60's and 70's this was true, not anymore.
Stay salty bruh

yeap theyre just old pieces of shit good for nothing

99% arent even good special snowflakes

damn bro them grapes must taste like licorice huh?
I guess i'd be mad too if Stacey chose to get into Chad's Charger instead of Mommies Honda Pilot.

you cant even defend the cars theyre so bad

keep meming kiddo

I don't have to defend them lmao
Your opinion is nothing, i'm only here taking you for a ride so i can change my sleep schedule but for real bro your jealousy is obvious if you're going to try and claim they're shit you should at least offer some kind of examples, maybe one day you'll be in the Veeky Forums MLG debate club like me.

its k

we know you cant

its k

we know you're mad

>This, by the mid 80's muscle cars were undesirable shitboxes.
Yes, and no.

For anybody over 25 or so with a career , house and family they were an old car that might look good but completely unsuitable for their life. As a teen however they were the greatest fucking thing ever and highly desired by any of those interested in cars.The undesirable junk was from the late 70's

looks like it could be a great movie prop

just read the article

the owner himself was surprised it held together, it was a joke entry

im too attached to the car, it has way too much sentimental value

the amount of times i get offered good money for my old junkers, i like having them around and they remind me of the good times

you can't take them with you, user.

>implying 9 sec only slight faster than 11 sec
I guess an 11 sec car is only slight faster than a 13 sec one, fucking kek faggot KYS

>Minor rust

>ask for prices no one will pay, and if someone does they back out of the sale with some excuse.

The wife makes them put the heap in the Auto Trader. They really don't want to sell.

Because boomers fucked up. They really didn't settle until 40 and now have to make up the dollars to fund being alive and funding kids. Thus we are blessed with
> 60 year olds holding on to entry level positions getting every degree/cert/ possible and grasping on to their desks with their cold arthritic hands screaming "IM STILL RELEVANT...I CAN STILL WORK"
>Shitbox jalopies that had value in the but are now worth scrap. Owner stiill wants prime value though..

I cant wait for them to die ao we can unfuck a 3 generation ruining heard of unwanted accidents.

Fucking hippies

Mfw pasture full of square bodies.
>muh dented fender
> $muh 100

>when they die the prices will drop!
No they won't. Model T's and A's are still expensive and building an old flathead engine is one of the most expensive things you can ever do.

I was just thinking the same thing.
2004 - highschool. Swuare body 89s chevys with small block. Standard shitboxes go for $800 all day.

13 years to today. 80s chevys all over cl and fb daily. Rusted to fuck. No cab corners or floorboards. Beat to shit. No title. $3,000....

>EVERY FUCKING TIME.....

Yeah, me too you hobbled old cuck. $30 in fuxking scrap metal that wont even roll onto the trailer.

C10s are the hot ticket right now

>Only way to keep up with it, is if to see when they die, and intercept the vechile fast before it gets junked, sold with the land, or goes to an action.

When I think of all the good shit trashed because someone let it rot in a field for 10-30 years because 'muh car, muh feels, muh price' my blood boils.

Me too man.

This would be why i checl obituaries every week and throw the paper away.

Got a list of about 60 old people and what car they have.

Imediatly find distant family i know to say i want that car so they mention it to heir fairly soon.

Heirs contact me when they are ready to sell if ever.

This would be how i am hopefully buying 15 acres with a /diy wet dream of antique shit to play with and sell for cheap

WHAT THE FUCK WHY

>look and admire, but please don't touch

lmfao everyone needs to calm down. this is obviously a joke

Kek.
>mfw autism so high favorite car ever is a crown vic.

These will outlive me and still be cheap

LOST.

REEEEEE

WAT?

I swear to fuck when i am rich i am scouring the globe to buy cars and havint a giant tarp covered field to store them so i can buy and sell at a resonable price for people.

>he doesnt put a blower on a bored out bigblock.

I FUCKING HATE DODGE but i just found my new color combo. Thanks

Me 2

Fuck. Yes i can or im actually in hell