Used caddy, has a small oil leak and needs new tires. Otherwise in immaculate condition. Is this worth it...

Used caddy, has a small oil leak and needs new tires. Otherwise in immaculate condition. Is this worth it? What would you buy it for?

Other urls found in this thread:

faulknercadillactrevose.com/VehicleDetails/used-2002-Cadillac-Seville-4dr_Touring_Sdn_STS-Trevose-PA/2954998303
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

10/10 aesthetics

$500. Northstar? I've heard those things are nightmares.

Elaborate

>has a small oil leak
Oil pan gasketS
Don't bother fixing, it'll come back.

Age, mileage, running condition? We need more info. Go check the carfax.

Sorry, forgot the link.
faulknercadillactrevose.com/VehicleDetails/used-2002-Cadillac-Seville-4dr_Touring_Sdn_STS-Trevose-PA/2954998303

Give them $4300-4500 for it. Offer cash in hand. If they aren't willing to take it, just walk away.

Do a full inspection on it, make sure you know what to look for so nothing obvious is wrong with it. Thing leaks fucking oil and they want $2000 more than what it's worth. Fucking ha.

Bump for specs

Mechanic already looked at it. Needs new tires, and the oil leak issue which I hear is expensive. I'll try 3500

>7000
>for a 2002 anything
Yea no, 3-4k

They are prone to blowing head gaskets and warping cylinder heads even when slightly over heated.

$7k? hey are on glue.

Northstars are notorious for headgaskets manily due to a shit bolt design, 97-00 are the worse I believe. If your serious OP, spend 5 minuets doing some research on them. Cool engines, but not know for being cheap or reliable.

>$500
kek, I spent $300 on a 01 STS and it didn't last one race

Holy shit don't get one. I had an STS and it became a moneypit. Blew the head gasket on it and the entire front right suspension failed and the wheel fell off.

If it runs good it's a great looking ride and has some decent power. Beat a catfish camaro in it by a bus length once. Not sure if it was a v6 but it sounded like a v8 if that tells you anything. Also it's comfy as fuck.

There's no such thing as a Northstar with a small oil leak. Also as everyone else mentioned the coolant for some reason I can't remember turns acidic extremely early and thus leads to some of the head gasket issues. Also Cadillac electrical gremlins are a pain. Parts are still expensive because there never was or will be aftermarket support. I've driven a lot of cars and a Buick Century is just as comfy to me if not overall better if you get the 3.8 supercharged(yes gasket problems as well shut up people). The engine feels like it's on its last legs much like the older generations which drive them, forget their own b days and forget to keep up with the scheduled maintenance.

Pic semi related the head

Pic not related

wtf 7k Your market is fucked up.

2002 STS is worth at best 3K. What ever the condition it is in, it still have the shittiest engine from GM in the last few decades.

not the same guy but i was a mechanic for years, every vehicle with a Northstar that came in was constant oil leaks and headgasket issues. it was a legit rarity to see one without the oil pan soaked in oil or 5 dash lights on

i would buy one for $1k expecting it to have issues down the road but theyre not something i would pay $5000 for, too many issues

My grandparents had 3 northstar devilles, a 96, 02, and 05. All were bought new, the 96 and 05 were traded at around 80k and the 02 at around 120k.
Never had issues with the engine, but everything else was a piece of shit. Things like suspension, heater cores, random electrical bullshit. I think the 96 was the most reliable of the bunch, the 05 had the most issues.
I'd stay away from 2000's GM.

I just remembered, the 05 and 02 both had to have the transmissions replaced.

>northstar
>fwd
>buying a car that old from a dealer
>already has problems
fuck no. buy a mint ls400 or 430 instead.