>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.

>News
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes (release TBD)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqUHt2-vZOs
youtu.be/w96-307NtP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good thread

FIRST FOR IMC DID NOTHING WRONG

>one colony that's housing confirmed terrorists and defectors is razed while testing a new combat drone

the US literally used drones to destroy small towns in the middle east all the time.

the IMC haven't done anything wrong, save for Marder and his band of roving killers and that stupid fold weapon. they have every right to take back the land that they funded to fruition and provided resources for.

And then fucked off for a couple decades and allowed to become self-sufficient with no IMC input. And then had the gall, when they came back, to say "yeah this is ours now."

And they're surprised when the colonists told them to fuck off.

V-47 Flatline best gun

Let's not forget the planet fracking, the hostile takeovers, and the turning planets into giant factories

>don't do anything with the land for 30 years
>land now suddenly belongs to someone else

if they fucked off to an uncharted world it wouldn't have been a problem, but they stayed on IMC controlled worlds.

I've been using Alternator for rusing.

Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the right choice.

immoral but legal, immoral but legal and more legal

it's not like the IMC is blowing up fusion reactors on colonized planets like the Macallan did, which effectively rendered a quarter of the planet an uninhabitable pile of rubble, and atomized several kms of civilian and IMC housing.

This game's backstory has the depth of a kiddie pool and you guys arguing about space politics are putting way more thought into it than the actual writers did.

IMC = Bad corporate meanies
Militia = Cool underdog rebels (like in Star Wars, remember?)

That's all there ever was to the Titanfall universe. That's all anyone was supposed to get out of it. The factions exist as a collection of shooting-range targets with an absolutely minimal coat of paint on them. This isn't Spec Ops: The Line, nobody's trying to make you think, just get into a giant robot and shoot stuff.

>This game's backstory has the depth of a kiddie pool and you guys arguing about space politics are putting way more thought into it than the actual writers did.
is this a bad thing? people can speculate about what they want if it makes them happy. doesnt matter that respawn didnt make the best story or plot for single player or that its the most straight forward plot you can think of, theres still a backstory with gaps that can be filled in by player speculation. its fun.

I just started using some of the harder grenadier weapons. They're fun but they're also giving me a huge headache.

The round from the EPG just won't go any faster no matter how much I mentally will it to do so. Also people with 1 hp keep killing me

First for best boost

>never ever end up using it cause i always spawn in my titan

I'll often find myself hopping out, then just hopping back in with a battery in that case.

I only ever use Battery on Ion though, along with Overcore, because lasers.

This. Bullied a Tone from full health to death with my MGL and Phase Shift a couple of matches ago.

Top it off with Arc Grenades for maximum Bully

Titanfall is a pretty straight foward good vs evil narrative, but those sorts of stories have their place. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily.

99% of the time its safe to hop out and activate the boost. ive only ever gotten killed once during it, and ive done that many many times

how much does mastiff benefit from amped weapons? ive never used it before so i dont know how often the spread hits the pilots how many times, so the google docs chart isnt much help. does it reliably turn mid range kills into 1 hit kills?
im trying to level the mastiff as fast as possible if that matters, so if amped weapons is at all useful, id rather take it over battery or diceroll

EVA is my Raifu for Laifu.

>using the ez mode shotgun for shitters

I thought I was hardcore for getting mine Gen3

I tried the whole Grapple Mastiff thing for a little, and I felt like I was crippling myself, even with decent skill at grapple.
Every time I fire the mastiff it's a toss up, instagib the guy across the map or do 5 damage when all pellets hit.

>G2 all titans but tone
sorry tfg, it is tone time

The Mastiff is definitely a learnable skill, and I'm sure that if you put some more time into it you'd be able to top scoreboards. But ultimately it'll never be as good as the Eva-8. Its real use is to style on people.

any mastiff tips? do you run amped weapons with it generally?

like 90% of all grunt dialogue comes from the first 5 minutes of the first campaign mission

Nope, Backup Battery or bust

Only tips I can really give are to ADS on everything but majorly close range, and remember that it has an absurdly long two-shot range

>tfw they didn't just reuse grunt dialogue from the first game

POST SCORCH

>Pilot moving up!
>What's so special about those guys?
>Trust me, they're on a whole other level. Just watch 'em

>stops lightspeed hopping to mantle and get punched in the face by a reaper

>My EVA just broke 11.x

Keep growin' lil guy.

*teleports behind you*

>pilot in a corner camping with A-Wall flush against corner walls
>drop Firewall across the front of the A-Wall
>diagonally cut him off into a small triangle corner
>pop gas barrel
>he thrashes around as the barrel starts to melt
>watch as the barrel ignites
>+5 points

Scorch. Is. Fun.

alright thanks. backup battery because of preference or amped weapons is just not that effective with the mastiff? sorry for the interrogation, its my first shotgun im leveling and im having a little difficulty. like the other user said, some shots seem to do barely any damage, others are 1 hit kills.

Mine's at 10.x now, I'm gen 10ing the Softball now

Battery Backup because damage to shields doesn't grant enemies core or Titans build, so it gives you a bit of a head start to getting your core before an enemy Titan in duels

Amped weapons is okay, but the risk of dying while using it isn't worth the boost. Ultimately, the best teacher for using the Mastiff is experience

EVA is the only pilot weapon I really love. So I'm at a loss as to what level next.

I like weapons that are absolutely unmatched in their niche - EVA'S only problem is vs a hemlok cocksucker.

I personally like to bring battery along to either help myself or a teammate.
Sometimes it's better to give away a batter to keep the enemy team from scoring a kill on another player.
Also helps build your titan meter and gives them core as well.

Softball is unmatched in its niche of getting you "fan"mail/salty users in chat

>tfw massive influx of tone and devotion users in multiplayer
what the fuck happened? it's never been this bad

maybe they saw it on the chopping block and jumped on it before they lose it?

Read the patch notes. Tone and Devotion are getting long-deserved nerfs, so they're savoring the last bits of power they can get.

Kiddy noob question on VPK editing, could it be liable for a ban, or do Respawn not enforce it unless it is overly cheaty? So editing item descriptions is fine?

desire to use softball intensifies

Almost all of my games range from 25-50% tone/devotion, at a minimum.

dunno, its been like this for like 2-3 weeks now. probably some youtubers made a video about the devotion and whatever else. every single game now there is at least 2+ devotion users, usually with a-wall. i hope the upcoming nerf is enough

doesn't seem to be

>So editing item descriptions is fine?
absolutely

I've stopped playing until the next patch
pretty sick of it every round desu

They're getting the last use of them before they get nerfed to reasonable levels

I've noticed that as well. Loads of people using Devotions. Probably just getting hours in before the Nerf.

okay yeah mastiff is definitely not my thing. this feels like a weaker mozambique

Hmm, think I'll slap it on my anti titan loadout then. High flying can give some quick saves but overall it is dangerous from what I've gathered to show your ass in the air when titans are in play.

Mozambique is way more enjoyable

yeah its fun, and much more consistent.

>playing as Northstar
>drop an electric smoke between me and a Legion for cover while I snipe
>Legion decides to run through it to get to me
>I proceed to rape the melee button, bouncing him back into the smoke everytime he breaks free
>his health bar disappears in seconds and I finish with an execution
I think I just found a new favourite tactic for stupid players

anyone else use tacti-kill on their primary and spam A-walls?

Fully 50% of console players.

it's not like they pose much of a challenge if you know what you're doing
but knowing that you're at a constant disadvantage while playing versus the people that shamelessly use these crutches makes the gameplay experience that much more displeasing

Xbone player here, I can't remember the last time I saw an A-wall in attrition. Everybody I see is using cloak, stim and grapple

im on ps4 and never see it

mostly a mix between stim,cloak and a couple grapples

somehow i find this hard to believe. or are console players finally learning how to use the movement system better?

I don't know what your experience of console players is but I've never seen them to be as bad as PC players insist. I think you fell too far into the Consoles r shit meme

there really isnt much difference between PC and console players

with that said im the only person ive ever seen use the grappling hook to fly up ontop of the level and run over out of bounds areas and sneak up behind people

>i've never seen a tactic that helps my enemy go unnoticed.

Think about it.

i dont play consoles so i guess you guys know better. though i have seen streams and youtube videos, and even people saying that slidehopping is a glitch and shouldnt be used.

im thinking i would run into someone up there at some point, ill let you know what it happens

Slidehopping is technically a bug. But to get any worth out of it you have to be F A S T in the first place, so I think its fair and fine.

Ive watched this ten times and cant figure out how that guy hit you.
Just lag?

it looked like when he came off the stairs the melee did the kick animation and from what i can tell playing the kick has some huge ass hitbox

bug or not, its an intentional gameplay mechanic. it is shown in the tips and i believe in the multiplayer faq/tips menu. also on the titanfall 2 website somewhere i think

>Read FNN

>Nessy still not found in Blood and Rust.

Find this creature /tfg/.

it was found hours after the patch notes by reddit

So, Phase Shift nerf when? A free "get out of jail" card is absolute bullshit, two charges is even worse.

I'm starting to think all of the Miltia's good pilots died on Demeter

Stomp those little feet harder.

ronin has shit health so you should be able to out damage him

Consider the live fire patch the last one for a while.
Most likely where it sits after live fire is where it will continue to sit.
Its really not as good as it seems anyways. No potential for going fast, and leaves a phase trail, so when you pop out your enemy knows where you are but you dont know where he is.
What its really good for is for use dodging titans as a pilot.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RDDT!

These robots are trained to fuck you relentlessly

That scene had to be a terminator reference. Even though I knew I could fuck up simple NPC enemies that line of stalkers was pretty intimidating

First run of masters mode that room felt like bullet hell

wew

youtube.com/watch?v=nqUHt2-vZOs

you tell me bro

is this supossed to be in favor of console players learning or not? the guy recording seems fairly competent, though he doesnt seem to know how to slidehop, although he is trying pretty hard. the rest looks like what ive come to expect from most console tf2 matches.

>All other game types, dick around with different load outs
>CTF pops up
>Serious fucking business, time for best pilot and titan load out

>Tfw no one from the main xbone stack is on during happy hour but me...
Respawn please just give us new content

Grapple is your best pilot loadout?

youtu.be/w96-307NtP0

Different pilot, but is this any good?

Its actually a bit harder to slidehop on console due to having to hit the crouch button right before jumping again, right as you hit the ground. Hopefully when the new patch hits and we can hold to crouch it'll help make slidehopping easier.

My point is all you PC players act like you're constantly hopping or moving at 50+ which isn't the case at all from what I've seen. Then conversely you act like console is basically just COD, which isn't the case. Make more sense?

that is indeed slidehopping
i undestand its harder on console players to move fast, im not saying they are unskilled. they make due with the tools they are given(gamepad).
yes there are exceptions, there are slow pc players, slow pc games, fast console pilots, etc. but in general, most matches on pc are going to be a bit "faster" than console matches.

I-I'll play with you user
INV VolatilexRaptor

I agree with that, but it invariably turns into >console >fast HURR DURR

rofl so at the 3:00 mark I guess I'm not slidehopping? So what would you call that since its not me sprinting...