I really don't think anyone can top the 2012+ audi A6s LED headlights...

i really don't think anyone can top the 2012+ audi A6s LED headlights, i believe the A8 of similar years had a similar style to it

is there a more attractive headlight design in recent years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient
youtube.com/watch?v=0OJjvYPV3oc
youtube.com/watch?v=NQHZt2AGYEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looks retarded m8

this is much better

Mb makes the most prettiest looking ones. Looks elegant (on high end models)
I like how bmw makes theirs looks aggressive but pretty at the same time.

Those are nice, I've always liked Infiniti's overall as well.

disgusting hotwheels shit
looks cheap and poorly made

too simplistic IMO, even if its pretty striking in person

I fucking hate the new audi winking blinkers.

Everyone makes aggressive headlights now.

Meme blinkers are the worst.

thats because your taste a shit

A SHIT user

Looks like a mix between the new Insignia and Mustang.

V40 WHEN

check

I would drive teslas if they were gasoline.
Sexy cars.

>all those generic headlights

Murican didn't get this for some reason, i enjoy seeing these blinkers on audi's

also functional air intakes

no, just no

that is one sexy picture

It might be a bit gimmicky, but I actually like the look of it.

ITS THE GIGABYTE LOGO

that design

Who is the smartass that said not to put a headlight cover? Who thought this was good aerodynamics?

>tfw you notice that Porsche lights look like crosses from a distance
It's like they have comic "dead eyes"

it looks cool m8 thats all that matters

It just doesn't. It looks stupid af

I'm sure you know better than the engineers who designed the car m8

Most of the times, I don't. But in this case, I actually do. It's just not aerodynamic. I have a feeling Chevrolet was just being cheap.

I just want headlights that actually give decent amounts of light, and not just thrown candle lights like most seem to be

Sure you do

Yes I do. Also, just use common sense. How many other cars do you see WITHOUT headlight covers? Absolutely fucking none. Cause it's just not aerodynamic. It's just shitty Chevrolet being shitty Chevrolet.

you forgot to tell him to design a better car

Yes user please teach me about aerodynamic design, you seem so knowledgeable about it

>cheap fiat sedans

Thosr Audi headlights actually blinded me quite a few times. Though it might be caused by my living in Poland where people aim their headlights at the fucking sky and think using fogs at night helps anything. I've been driving in Denmark and Germany and it's really hard to come across someone who has incorrectly aimed headlights.

>Proved wrong
>goes straight for the memes

Classic

That's also not aerodynamic. They are willing to take the drag penalty for aesthetics. I'm okay with the Alfa though, since it actually looks good. The Sonic looks retarded. I recommend you take a basic mechanical engineering class if you're in college. We personally had to put every single project we did through a wind-tunnel and spend hours perfecting it. So I do in fact understand a bit about aerodynamics.

well at least you could have shown the drag coefficient of the 159 to prove your point.
the successor to your fiat sedan does have headlight covers. makes you think, no?

who gives a fuck about design, the new Merc lights in E and S class are far superior.

Not him but I think it's more about styling than aerodynamics, making the same separate headlights would probably look too much like the old model.

In the overall picture I think headlight drag is almost negligible and saying a car is a cheap piece of crap with the aero of a parachute because of that is stupid IMO

I don't even think that designing and producing separate housings is cheaper than a single sealed unit

Alfa 159: 0.32
Chevy Sonic: anywhere from 0.31 to 0.34 (it probably depends if it's hatchback or sedan)

Is this supposed to prove something?

The point was that, according to you, there were no cars out there with similarly styled headlights, I posted a pic of the Alfa which is also a relatively recent example.

Until you show me that the same car with sealed headlights would get a better drag coefficient I'm just going to assume you are just speculating because sometimes you thinker with wind tunnels and this somehow makes you an expert

That's not me. I'm the wind tunnel guy.
I never specified how much. I just said it was less aerodynamic. My guess is that it's about a 5-8% drag penalty. Which isn't much considering side mirrors are about 3-5%. And you're wrong about the 0.32. It's 0.325 and the Giulia is 0.32. Seeing how the front-end design is quite similar. That 0.005 drag could literally be the headlights alone. However, 0.32 is ridiculous. My Corolla is 0.28. What gives?

You are beyond retarded dude. Shut the fuck up so you don't make yourself look like an idiot even more. Like you don't even understand basic Physics. Your autism level is over 9000.

Do they not check that on yearly/bi-yearly inspections perhaps?

good pick

also E39

Yes, America did get those. I was just behind an A6 with these yesterday.

How to pass any inspection in Poland ever:
1. Go to an inspection
2. Find out what the problems are
3. Pull out a bottle of Vodka
4. Promise to fix problems and get on with your life
Some inspection places probably don't even give a shit. No one goes to dealerships or authorized mechanics because they can't afford that shit. Some people carry around a ton of like building equipment and shit in the back of their B5 Passat and don't even realise that they should aim the headlights down. But most people just don't give shit.

>says the guy who posts a cookie cutter "trust us this looks cool" design no. #8728261

They are super cool but if you drive around in that level of light with only the halos on then you are a cringe overlord

do you know any place where we can get a list of the drag for any car ?
i always heard the old citroen DS were amazing aero. Wondering what would be the drag of a NA miata too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient
This page has a metric fuckton of them.

Do you think this is aerodynamically efficient?

Because it had one of the best drag coefficient of any car for that era.

>1991
Calibra says hi

ARR ROOK SAME

drag coefficient was the only thing it was good at.

Yes, that's literally the only point I was trying to make.

Mercedes Benz is REALLY good at aerodynamics.
Their current lineup has the same drag coefficient as a Prius, which sacrificed looking halfway decent for it. Meanwhile, the Mercs look like this.

The new "Thor's Hammer" headlights on the Volvo's look really striking.

Mercedes Benz always has the most elegant/pretty looking headlights currently - Audi used to be the top dog in this department when they first started doing their LED DRL strips, but they've kind of fallen behind/into a rut. All of their current LED's look like a hot mess - like they're trying to figure out how to improve their trademark look, but they don't know how so they just keep slapping on new lines and shit.

Projector retrofit.

Theretrofitsource sells Acme Supers for $50/pr and you can get a cheap 35w AC H1 HID kit for $40-50.

$100 if you already have a clear lens and they'll put 99% of factory headlights to shame even on new cars.

Problem is that it wouldn't be legal here, and I kinda need them to be for the bi-yearly inspections. It would also not provide enough lighting for my taste/the driving I do

My LED-bar isn't legal either, but its a lot easier to just take off before inspections, and gives me all the light I could ever want

Also on HID; I'd need to mount headlight sprayers to prevent them from gunking up and creating glare for oncoming people

so delicious

Google.... NA Miata is 0.38.

>simplistic
>even though it's striking
..then they did it right retard

i really like these

MB has the really cool headlights.

>MULTIBEAM LED headlamps in the new E-Class
youtube.com/watch?v=0OJjvYPV3oc

>This has a fuckin Terrestrial Scan
youtube.com/watch?v=NQHZt2AGYEE

>fuel efficiency
>straight line speed

that doesnt look good
this new series of mercs looks really ugly in the front

Lexus

No other brand can incorporate their brand logo into the LED design like this.

Cadillac's light game has been pretty strong lately, starting to dig it the more extreme they go with it

desu mclaren did it better