/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

DC Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/16/an-eso-love-story
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/15/homestead-guide-master-writs
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/13/homestead-guide-furnishing-crafting-faq
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/06/homestead-basics-guide

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/121127025

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guiide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
No (Yes).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2nd for Vivec's new voice

youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ

>when tree-minder na kesh REALLY doesn't want you to reach her

Right on time, Intimidate-Sama.

>there's no EP-themed version of this for The Conquerers
Sad!

why will Vvardenfell be a neutral region and not EP territory?

if the native Dunmer of Vvardenfell end up calling me outlander, ill be pissed at them for breaking my character's backstory

:[

WE WUZ COVENANT AND SHEEEIT

they're just being dicks cause they don't know you and assume you're another one of the Nord loving shitcocks swarming Morrowind.

they just want you to GET OUT OF MAH SWAMP DUNKEY

>i thought about provisioning and alchemy already and will probably pursue this as a next step.
is there any benefit in clothing/blacksmithing and therelike or will dungeon loot be always better?

Well, provisioning is always good, since you can increase the time that food and drink buffs apply, which can really help when using expensive foods like tri-stat or psijic ambrosia for double XP gains. Similarly, some alchemy perks will increase the effectiveness of potions on you, which can help in a pinch.

As for blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking, depending on your class and build, some crafted sets will end up being better upgrades or side grades to dropped gear. But, just crafting isn't the whole deal. You can also get drops of CP 160 armor/weapons/clothes that are blue or purple, then you can improved them up to gold quality. Doing this yourself can save you a ton of cash. For example, a spinners sword, you can usually buy a purple quality one for 100k - 120k, but if you try to buy a gold quality one, it'll be over 200k.

Besides, leveling blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking is easy as shit. Just deconstruct any gear that you aren't going to use or research. You'll get the mats, and sometimes get the gems that are used to add researched traits. you'll also occasionally get the widgets that are used to improve the gear to the better quality.

On any character, I will always take the hireling skill to at least 1. Hirelings will deliver mats to your inbox once a day. The mats can be anything from iron ore or raw jute, to improvement widgets, sometimes even the gold quality improvement widgets (like tempering alloy, usually 10k to buy them).

>like tempering alloy, usually 10k to buy them

prices are going down, at least on PC EU. 7k is what they're currently going for. also, I have no idea what happened, but the basic purple motifs like primal, barbaric, daedric et al are going for 700-1000 gold.

>tfw overcomplicating things by putting thought into every game mechanic from a roleplay perspective

i just think my dunmer samurai would look a little soft if he took up cooking as a profession in comparison to alchemy
fug

>not cooking his own food and instead trusting others not to poison him

He knows how easy it is to make a poison so he prepares his own food.

See, not so hard.

just make things a samurai would eat

i.e. fish, rice, tea

Why am I waiting 10+ minutes for a normal dungeon que as a healer?

this is the problem i'm having but i think it's one of the game's strengths. i have to force myself to think this way in other MMOs but here it's so natural.

it really is the most original MMO to come out in a decade, even if it's not perfect.

i really am in love with it as a long time TES fan. it isn't perfect, but at the same time i couldn't ask for more.

i'm not a huge TES fanboy but i like the games, always wanted an online one to roleplay in.

i just really need to familiarize myself with the lore more.

there are some easily digestible videos on all sorts of subjects on youtube, but you'd get the most history out of playing the main series yourself

i would love to pull mobs as a tank togheter via out of sight game mechanic but there is always some dumb one just running in

>playing with pugs

Because the one tank online has to take a pause between having his dick sucked.

There's slightly more healers than tanks, enough for it to be noticeable, since it's really easy to spec into both healing and dd as a magicka user.

So every high level character I've seen so far has been a horrible person. The latest one followed me though a dungeon and waited for me to engage the enemies so they could loot the chests/barrels. Is there any kind of report that can be made or is this just one of those things that has no repercussions.

Did you just get here from Club Penguin or what?

wait right back at them

i wished it would only happen with pugs

heh thats how people would act in real too if it would be posible

Holy shit, this image finally got to be OP.

Good shit.

WE

I think everyone gets to loot barrels, chests is pretty douchey though if they take the whole thing. I might let another player deal with enemies but I'd toss out a heal if they need it and split the chests. Not really in a dungeon though, more likely on the overworld when I'm not armed and not wearing armour.

bosmer are freaks. why do we let them live among us again?

elves

For cute vampire nibbles

How much should I pay/charge for a trial item?

Is combat prayer and it's 8% damage increase really the better morph if I'm playing with pugs? I like BoR's increased heal/duration and slightly wider range because they all run around like monkies.

Yes.

Which house has the best sex basement? Are there any non-notable-priced homes that have basements at all?

Reminder that the Home Goods vendor in Khenarthi's roost sells wooden planks to use if you want to create multiple floors in your house, or extra walls.

you make a convincing argument, I'll take combat prayer.

Good.

I tried
I'm shit at photoshop but I liked your idea

dunmer needs red eyes, otherwise good

is sword and board fine for a magicka dk dark elf? or is there a weapon type that would synchronize better?

8% is a lot. A 6 minute fight will be 5 1/2 minutes.

Fire staff.

i want to use a real weapon, not a stick :[

melee weapons use stamina, not magicka.

Who would win in a fight to the death ? Razum-dar or Naryu Virian?

i hate this. i want the best of both worlds

probably the one who is an assassin

magDKs are using s+b with DW in pvp now, and with the changes to elemental drain 2 swords might be fine for pve too

.... they both are. Eyes of the Queen are spies and assassins. He's like a furry James Bond.

breton or argonian for minmax healer

Pug? Breton.
Guild? Argonian.

Strategy Guide: How to equip proc sets

so am i supposed to unlock the first ability in all 3 DK skill trees and spam them in combat to level them up?

skills don't level up based on how much you use them, as long as they're on your bar when you gain experience from any source the individual skill and the skill line will gain experience.

I finally upgraded my ps4's hard drive to 2tb so I'm finally getting back into ESO after a 5 month hiatus. I'm trying to make a serious PvE night blade build, but I need to level up cyrodill skill lines and I keep getting slaughtered or I can't get any hits in. I also need to make myself end game armor, but I need to research more traits to make any good armor sets.

I was also unaware of crown crates until yesterday and they seem like rip offs, but I want the Red Pitt Wolf so I might buy a 4 pack and pray. I'm excited to be back though and I'm looking forward to morrowind. I even bought myself a $7 black cat as a welcome back present.

breton bis

staves are so boring. cant i do elemental shit with other weapons as a dk dunmer? fuck.

magicka based*

Why go DK if you want to use elements other than fire?

Morag Tong are specialty assassins

i do want to use fire. i also want to physically attack enemies

What sets of armour were you thinking of using? I might be able to make them if you're on NA, are you already in the guild?

Are you only doing the main objectives in PvP or also making sure to do the side ones (repeatable quests from boards) and stuff like repairing walls/doors? I pretty much got them to 10 for myself without touching too much actual PvP, but obviously that's not the most efficient way.

Legal assassins.

What about flame-damage enchanted weapons?

will that rival the damage output of destruction staves? how much would i have to invest into stamina instead of dumping it ALL into magicka?

If you use dual wield swords you don't have to put anything into stamina. You just won't actually use any dual wield skills.

you're either all one resource or do no damage compared to a pure resource user

unless you're satisfied with always being below average, go magicka or stam fully

Just respec into stam/dk. They're both fantastic tanks and both do great dps. Mag focuses more on fire based damage, stam focuses more on poison based damage.

The black cat is so fucking adorable. Just listening to it randonly meow is Heart-warming

can i be a magic tank?

This honestly never made sense. "legal murderer"?????

The cat is the shit. Also question about homestead, when you get a house can you pick up any furniture you place or is that shit permanent?

Don't buy the crates. You will not get anything for $15.

Depends on what your goal is. I mean, yeah you can be. Your not going to be slaying top of the leader board or soloing dungeons but it's still fun and viable

You can move it to your bank and relocate it if that's what you mean?

Sorry, I mean to say, can you place furniture anywhere in the house and once placed can it be removed and something new put in its stead?

Like a bounty hunter except with murder

You can move any furniture item any way you want or "reclaim" it into either your inventory or bank (I'm not sure). Even the default lights that come with the house. I bought hunding's Palatial Hall and moved the chandaliers into the vaulted ceilings, much better.

listen to this man, he speaks the truth. Unless you're just blowing your sub crowns, then whatever floats your boat.

... so a bounty hunter.

user where do you think the phrase dead or alive comes from

jbj?
youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho

Newbie here, what's the difference between crowns and the other currency? Crown jewels or something? I can't remember what it's called.

Crowns = real money
Gold = in-game money

Crown jewels are what you get if you're retarded enough to buy crates.

Crown Gems are the third currency you get from items in Crown Crates. You can turn items you don't want in to Crown Gems to buy other items you can get from crates. Duplicate items (costumes / pets you already have) are automatically converted to Gems.

Ohhhhhh lol what's the point?

Thanks user

Based on everyone's experience how would you rank the factions based on general friendliness and attitude towards newcomers? Just curious to hear other peoples opinion

where do i find scripts to active abilities?

I dunno and I don't care

AD seems chill, might just be the environment though.

AD has the nicest rp crowd.

t. actual cannibals and pompous thin trolls

Yeah, nicest. Which should indicate how bad that is