Will it be good?

Will it be good?

Oh boy this thread again

If rotaries are so small, why is it shaped like a fucking boat?

?

This doesn't seem right. Source?

Will if have
>DCT if expected to compete with cars in the 100k range
>get at least DECENT gas mileage if its going for the sub 3000 lb weight 400 HP under 100k range putting it in the realm of the Cayman, Lotus Evora, Alfa 4c.
?
Who ever drew the FD in that illustration gave it 90s chevy caprice tail lights..

it wont even be

>rotary
>good
No.

yes

All of Mazdas lineup these days is just sedans and crossovers and the Miata. And whatever this bastardized thing is.

No small trucks (B series)
No hatchbacks (323)
No hot hatchbacks (323 GTX)
No small hot sedans (323 GT)
No luxury (929)
No turbo in coupes (626) or a nice coupe in general (MX-6)
No whatever the hell the MX-3 was
No rotary (RX-8)
No full size minivan (old school MPV)
No compact MPV either (Mazda5)

The mid 80s and up to the mid 90s of Mazda will be its best years for me, always.

Hoping for a 400+ HP turbo version to compete with heavy hitters, and a 300+ NA version that I can actually afford (no more than 45k pls)

>100k
lol

Probably gonna start at 40-50k if they want to sell any, and even then they probably won't sell any unless the new rotary engine is literally god's gift to humanity.

This, Mazda doesn't have the brand identity to sell cars much above $40k.

I figured that too. although i don't see how some people expect it to compete with cars like the GTR, Corvette Z51, 911 Carrera S, Higher end pony cars like the ZL1 or GT350 whilst also being affordable unless mazda resorts to cost cutting measures of the ought-most extreme.

They either cut cost on luxuries and creature comforts and have a really un-comfortable enthusiast-only car or cut cost on essentials for reliability the car needs only to patch it up later and we have a early RX8 scenario on our hands. this unconventional engine design also puts even more pressure on them since most other manufacturers can sell faster cars at a cheaper price thanks to sharing engines within their lineup
>GT350's "Voodoo" engine being based off a normal "Coyote" engine which is just a evolution of the Modular

Last RX7 was on par with a 964 911 Turbo but cars have gotten much faster since then and the level of comfort and accessibility has pushed making mass-produced cars of 911 turbo performance with the accessories costumers ask for in today's cars the automotive financial equivalent of Bernie Madoff.

No because it's dead not happening

>They either cut cost on luxuries and creature comforts and have a really un-comfortable enthusiast-only car

Sounds pretty much like an FD to me. Really lacking on amenities even for its day, and then the fuckin' 3000GT comes out with a built-in toaster and everything.

Mazda has had too much success in the sedan and hatchback market and have gone the way of honda and toyota aka no fun allowed

Even if it's bad it will be good

The hype will overshadow the shortcomings no matter how bad they are because people will want it to be so great that even the slightest hope that it's good will simply get so out of hand that even the sternest detractors will convince themselves it's good

>although i don't see how some people expect it to compete with cars like the GTR, Corvette Z51, 911 Carrera S
911, corvette, nsx, all were more expensive than the rx7

>or cut cost on essentials for reliability the car needs only to patch it up later and we have a early RX8 scenario on our hands
early rx8 was FAAAR more reliable than all year model FDs
please dont spout this nonsense, thanks

I'm probably going to sound retarded for asking these, but here goes. One problem with rotary engines is that the fuel isn't entirely ignited, which results in worse mileage and lost power. So why don't they use three spark plugs spread out further to ignite as much as possible? Or maybe there could be four ignition points and four injection points, arranged in an X and + pattern. Less fuel will be sent to the chamber at a time, but the frequency will be higher and will most likely ignite more fuel. This will also address the uneven heat dispersion inherent to the engine.

Additionally, I imagine the engine should have three rotors and feature a technology where one or more of the rotors deactivates to save fuel and cut back on emissions. This also can be used when the car detects that one of the apex seals has blown, and will shut off the affected rotor to prevent further damage.

T. Benchracer

>fuel isn't entirely ignited

Never heard this before, but I'm pretty sure they do use multiple spark plugs. Could you explain why the fuel isn't completely burned?

As for the rotor deactivation, it wouldn't work because they are still bound by the eccentric shaft. You could disable fuel to a rotor, yes, but now the other rotor(s) are fighting their own compression in addition to the compression on the "dead" rotor. You would lode tons of power but gain moderate mileage, which might be OK for highway cruising. For the same reason, you couldn't deactivate the damaged rotor. If one rotor spins, they all have to.

This is all based on my limited knowledge of rotary engines and its 4 in the morning, so call me out if I said anything stupid

>911, corvette, nsx, all were more expensive than the rx7
>were
I don't get it, what does that have to do with what's being sold today?
>early rx8 was FAAAR more reliable than all year model FDs
Were Rx8s bulletproof or were FDs just that bad? people here would say you could go 150,000-200,000 miles before rebuilds in FDs.

>people here would say you could go 150,000-200,000 miles before rebuilds in FDs
lol, you are confusing FD with rx8

and yes rx8s are bullet proof when oil is changed every 3k, factory ignition coils are replaced, oil injectors work and it isnt limiter bashed from cold starts

RX-8 is fat. FAT!

Why does the FD have the best rear windshield? Why couldn't they stick with that sexy design?

There are a few piston engines that do this.
Some of the later SS VE commodore did this, but it was such a terrible idea that they got rid of it for the VF series.
At the end of the day, it really isn't worth it.

You need those cave aesthetics.

>mazda
>good

Yeah I'm sure shit breaking in a couple years will be great OP.

The idea that fuel isn't completely ignited comes from the fact that the chamber is expanding rapidly and spark doesn't have enough time to light it all before it reaches the exhaust port. I'm just repeating what I've heard

Then how do piston engines have cylinder deactivation systems if they're all bound to the same crankshaft?

I dont understand why anyone would hate mazda...
Other than pure retardation

they rust, but thats the only reason.

By cutting fuel to the cylinders? You can't just stop part of a Crankshaft from moving and maintain motion on the rest

They rust in rust prone regions.
There are no rusty mazdas in my area (PNW).
I have two currently and am part of a mazda group locally
No rust on anyones car.

They only make fwd 4 bangers, SUVs and a hairdresser car.

All excellent cars.
Most best in class.
Miata is great too.
You sound like an insecure child

Why doesn't Mazda abandon rotary engines for the mainstream audience for now and instead develop high end supercars with them? Another guy in another thread that it's simply more viable to make an expensive toy than it is to work out all the kinks, plus this might help them with a breakthrough in the engine. Most innovations were made in high end cars, so this could probably give them the leverage they need.

Plus, Rotary didn't do too bad considering only two companies ever bothered with them in the span of 50 odd years. Piston engines were around for 100+ years and worked on by equally as many automakers.

>RX-Vision
>the R stands for 'Rotary'

>it will not use a rotary engine

I'm sorry, Wankel.

>user said
user is stupid and thinks he knows better than one of the world's largest manufacturers... typical Lmao

It will never come out

tons of piston engines do this
it's why LS engines get such good freeway mileage (along with high overdrive 6th or 7th gears)

Well it looks horrible so probably not

the gaudmusheen

Damn the fact that its actually small yet looks menacing big is incredible.
Really love the design and look forward to what this beast will achieve

Do you think it will be FRS/BRZ slow?

truly the saddest anime ending

muh safety.

No because they aren't going to produce it.