Driving feels thread

post the things you most love about driving

My favorite thing is driving in the early morning when the sun comes up. it makes me feel connected to my car and myself, kind of weird, I know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKPlj4PkQZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LjavsYORA
youtu.be/30jrmzzgHLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love to heel-toe in my automatic

It's not as good as a gearbox, no, but in a sense, "asking" the car to shift gears makes me feel like me and my car are partners, butting heads but ultimately in this thing together.

I like driving around on warmish foggy nights with the top down during the summer. It's especially nice on the faster wooded roads where there's few lights and barely anyone if at all on the road. Nothing but me, my tunes, and the car for the most part

Offroading with a buddy or two with the top and doors off is :D

This so hard.

Even a PT Cruiser w/ a sunroof becomes a Bentley Continental GTC on nights like these.

At night, when the roads are dead. It's just you and that cop that is probably sitting in an alley running radar but we'll ignore that.

I drive a Tundra, so it isn't quick. But the sound and watching the fuel gauge collapse is so fun. I can't even imagine doing it in a sports car.
Just like that - minus the convertible.

/thread

Yes, I love my 15 minute drive directly easy when the sun is rising and I'm getting blinded and cannot see the road ahead even with tinted windows and sun glasses. What's even more enjoyable is the 15 minute drive back when the sun is setting and I'm getting blinded yet again.

>tfw roads are bumpy enough and wind noise is loud enough that the speed limit feels like 10 over the speed limit
the true peril to driving pleasure is tailgating crossovers which are always in a hurry

>Rainy days on empty, suburban roads
>Cruising at speed limit on empty, suburban roads
>Both

I think I might be on the spectrum. I find it gratifying to obey the speed limit (no matter how arbitrary) and other motoring laws.

Waiting for the pedestrian light to give me the clear is also fun.

all once my engine is nice and toasty
>weaving through traffic
>driving fast down narrow 2 lane roads
>flooring it in 1st gear through parking lots
the last one is definitely my favorite

You need to switch your place of living and place of work.

Lmao lots of autism itt
I guess shit drivers have to focus on autistic shit to feel like an enthusiast

If I'm not being reckless enough that I can die at any second I don't feel anything
Thats the only true answer

Easing up to >100 mph on a practically empty highway. I once took my tacoma work trunk to like 113 in 3rd gear on the way home late at night. It was an automatic, but it had the option of first, second, third, and auto. If I let it get into 4th gear it'd stop accelerating at around 100.

>That feel when you just popped a bunch of adderalls and you hit the curviest roads around with the top down and the stars are all out because you live in the middle of nowhere and it's a new moon.

This.

Also percocet and alcohol are a nice mix right before a sweet drive. Also a nice body high from edible maryjane. Being high makes even the mundane city driving fun as fuck.

Used to look forward to that 2hr drive from college to my hometown while blazed as fuck listening to music.

Man, I miss drugs!

i loved driving during rainy nights with my gf, just blasting some chill beats, and just talking about life with her sadly she left me and i dont even like driving my car anymore

Here. Have some (you)

>When you engage in just 30-60 seconds of madness in the middle of your commute because you feel like it then return to driving normally when you catch up to a fellow commuter
>That adrenaline and happiness
>Arrive to work pumped.

>driving after a double shift
Nothing better than nodding every other second.

getting home from tire squealing tougay, putting the car in garage, hearing it tick and saying goodnight to it

taking tight corners in city at speed limit in my oversized hatchback

escapism

>tailgating crossovers which are always in a hurry
I don't tailgate because of the risk, but I do slow down to the speed of a person in the slow lane so they get stuck behind the two of us.

this is it.

Your life is that depressing?

i drive for the aesthetics

yes

mine too.
It should be fine, I'm living the dream half of /v/ wish they hand and half of /v/ gets triggered over.
I have my own house, a sportscar.
But its still just so shit.

>the dream half of /v/ wish they hand
a neet with endless supply of money?

At pitch darkness after a heavy snowfall all alone

My new coworker asked me what I like to do for fun, and instead of saying "Masturbating and playing video games", I blurted out "I like to drive"

>I like to drive
>not 'I drive'

You blew it

Driving the toegay near my small (now pretty much abandoned because local economy died) home town in bumfuck nowhere. The road is old but still good. Trees and bushes are growing left and right, no one gives a fuck though. Used to be a busy mountain pass when I was a kid, now there's basically no traffic. Whenever I'm home I go there for a drive.

I don't have a stupid loud exhaust, but it is pretty loud still. So when I get the random pop on up/downshift it feels nice lol

Literally kill yourself for driving impaired and enjoying it. Fucking scum, desu.

for u

Too sad for me

On a foggy night driving beneath the front edge of the SEATAC airport runway (between Tukwila and Burien) that is overhead. Instead of a tunnel, it is all open air as the planes come down. Way above are the long cantilevered beams of lights supported by towers.

When there is fog and the overhead lights are on, with a light fog, there is an ELF LIGHT effect. The air all around the roadway on the ground glows as a result of the bright lights overhead that are aimed upwards. The fog above those lights then reflects light downwards in all directions. There are no shadows due to the omnidirectional effects of the fog. Because the amount of fog is light, it has a nice glowy effect without looking like it is bright white fog blocking your view. In fact, you can see quite far through the glow.

Turbocharged NB2 with suspension work and RE-11s or RE-71Rs.

New Mexico.

NM-244, NM-130, and Sunspot Highway.

Mid-morning Sunday.

No traffic.

No music.

No mystery Hydra ECU misfires.

Just the rush of the turbo.

Just the sound of the tires gripping the pavement.

Just the feel of the G-forces building and subsiding.

Just the sunlight through the trees.

Just the mountain forest air.

Just the feeling of freedom.

this is my situation to friend, just know somewhere there is user that knows that feel

One of the greatest joys of driving for me is just forgetting all my worries from everyday life for a little while.

driving your American classic through the comfy, slightly older part of town with nice roads filled with mostly friendly people, chill cops, and great weather. no better feeling.

Sometimes, to make my fwd auto not feel disappointing, I shift into D3 and get the RPM's to 5000 then pretend to shift

I just had one of those moments earlier today.
>Just bought an old 240D Mercedes
>old merc yellow, 4 spd
>Went to a city south of reno, by the tahoe airport to pick it up - Minden
>Stop at maverick to check fluids again and top it off
>Buy a coke too.
>Sun is starting to hide being the sierras to the west
>pic related
>Get in my new DD (new cars are a meme, mine is for sale)
>Head up 207 back to California.
>Time to see how slow slow really is
>It isn't that bad
>I pull 50 mph up the pass
>Foot is buried in the floor
>3rd gear, 100% load, diesel roaring
>35 mins later
>Temp gauge never creeped up
>Car carries momentum like a beast
>chassis is really impressive for the age
>corners better than I ever thought it would
>I was thoroughly impressed
>Get to stateline
>starting to get a bit darker
>Downhill from here
>Fucking purrs right down to south tahoe
>Warm glow of the gauges starts to shine through the growing darkness
>Traffic is getting thin
>Hop on 50, heading back to Sac
>Weather is coming in
>Nothing heavy, just clouds getting pushed up over the mountains
>Snow, trees, stunning vistas, cloud shrouded peaks
>2 lane twisties with a huge drop off on one side
>Turn on radio
>Capitol Public Radio - Jazz
>Heat from the vents mixing with the cold air from the cracked window
>Keeps on purring
>Keeps on carving
>Never made me worry
>Never made me wonder
>It was like this car was happy
>I felt it's happiness
>It's an old benz.
>It's owner just died
>He left it to his son
>His son didn't need it, or have any attachment or interest
>It's like the car wanted to be loved again
>It trusts me to take care of it.
>It was like a dog, it felt like a pet does, when you know it loves you, and it trusts you, and you get that empathetic connection.
It's not fast, nor pretty, nor a toyota. That's why I like it so much. The road, the mood, and the soul this block of german steel still had in it was magical.

I love getting behind a slow piece of shit like you that does this. That way I can put on the high beam. At that point you can drive as slow as you want

The push of acceleration, the Gs of cornering at speed, watching the scenery as it passes by, the mental challenge of driving on tricky roads, and being at a comfortable temperature when outside the car isn't one.

>on my way to work
>lots of slow ass traffic around me
>getting pissed off because of people in front of me driving 30 in a 50
>get cutoff by faggot in a cube mobile
>"ok, that's it"
>Road clear in front of cube queer
>nail it
>fly past cube fag goin ~70
>get up to 100
>decrease speed after two miles or so
Such is life

>things you most love about driving
Passing by a new interesting place. I might park the car and drop in to take a look. I find interesting new places that way.

feels

If I find a biker riding at night, I will often drop it into 2nd and blast by at ~70 mph driving no more than 3 feet from them.

I faking hate bicyclists.

>heel-toe in my automatic

>driving on a winter night, the ghost-green glow of my dash and the glare of my high beams, reflected in the frosted grass and the dry roads, the only light around
>volvo 4-banger just rumbling along in that smooth way it does when its well-kept
>no worries, no depression; just the country roads of my childhood and my comfy swedeboat, my wife sleeping in the passenger's seat

>out cruising on a summer day with a friend, windows down to cool off
>enjoying the noise of my turbo reflected back to me from hedges and guardrails as i test my car in corners and bends
>taking a roundabout just right, getting on the freeway, every shift just perfect for getting me up to speed
>trolling beemers and soccerdads in their seats and fords, savouring their rage as an old shitbox with a few bits and pieces on it leave them behind
>rolling along a forest road on a warm day, letting the shade take the brunt of summer away, enjoying the jewely sparkle of the sun through the beech trees

Driving home on a Sunday morning after a nightshift, empty roads and the sunrise. Bliss.

I now have a new place to check out on drives. Thank you based WA user.

Riding your bicycle would extend your outdoor time better. As long as you have good LED lighting and spare batteries, you'll be all right as long as people don't park some truck with rods sticking out to stab you in the dark.

I think road to heaven looks like this.

Comfyyy

what is this poetry?!

beautiful, user.

I believe the cars are alive in some way, they have a soul and character.

You did a good thing taking care of this machine.

Damn, dude, you gave me feels.

Even that didn't do what my first time on CO-82 starting at Twin Lakes and driving to just outside Aspen did. I was at once overwhelmed by the beauty and the pure joy of being almost the only one on that road for miles. I had the top down and could smell that pure Colorado mountain air mixed with the pines and the wildflowers. It was also the most beautiful landscape I'd seen in about two years and on my first vacation from a stressful job that almost killed me. If you ever go to Colorado, you need to drive that road and go up Independence Pass.

>decide to go out for a late night drive
>listening to music, making my way to a favorite road
>stop at the last light before miles of winding backroad
>hear the opening notes of a favorite driving song
>roll the windows down
>light turns green
>floor it

>stop at the last light before miles of winding backroad
it feels like the ending of a movie...everything that needs to be done is done, now it's just steady as she goes time.

driving Downtown at midnight or pre-dawn hours.

Driving in the evening after leaving work with an orange streaked sky.

Too bad I live in LA, Califagistan.

Both my rear view and side mirrors auto-dim, so it doesn't bother me. All I have to do is move over to the side a little. By holding one hand near the chest, I can toss a few roofing nails out at a time without being seen.

Hope you like going fucking nowhere, because if I can't see, I don't move.

Found the beemer

If you see a police car coming, shift your car over in the lane so it no longer blocks the high beam. The police then see it and may issue a citation. In my area, they don't like is road rage aggression and will try to nip it in the bud before the rager personality becomes progressively more violent with each future situation.

>Very gloomy dark or rainy day
play omnitrio Renegade Snares
youtube.com/watch?v=wKPlj4PkQZw

nightdriving my dude

post your fav nightdriving songs you fags
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LjavsYORA

do you work in Huntsville

just now
>be driving on a really twisty road thats 40mph
>people usually slow down to about 35~ to make the turns, 30 if they're "that guy"
>older highlander coming up on me fast, solid yellow so i know he's just gonna ride my ass
>he is just riding my ass
>my sharona comes on the radio, crank it
>put my aviators on that i save for these moments and hit every turn at 42-45mph
>check mirror, can't see him
>road straightens out
>about a minute 30 later i see his headlights
>mfw

That Asari has one chunky face.

>story
Where I used to live in New Mexico, there were some fun roads (posted about them above). Some people would basically creep around the turns and then boot it on the straights. I also had a sportbiker get mad because I passed him and his cruiserbro friend on a straight section in my turbo NB. I indicated I was going to pass, got over as far as I could, and passed swiftly. The sportbiker then passed the cruiserbro and proceeded to try to ride my bumper. That isn't wise on a bike, just sayin', but I also had sticky tires equipped and so put a bit of distance between us. When I was stuck behind them for a while I kept a goodly distance, so I wonder why he got assmad.

>cruising down the highway way past midnight at 80mph

youtu.be/30jrmzzgHLc