/lite/ RogueLITE General

The Jamming Hast Begun Edition

Last: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCqPahwSJSVFKBBr6bR_SBBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck does this camera gun do

Deal damage to EVERYTHING in the room. It's amazing.

takes a screenshot of your current game and puts it in a folder in EtG's game files

hits everything in the room at once once charged for low damage
that'd be actually funny if they did that

For whatever reason it doesn't do anything if there aren't any enemies in range.

I kinda wish it was Aya's camera from Shoot the Bullet, but that might be too strong. I guess that's basically what blanks are, though?

It allows you to carry a free gun to your nearest muncher.

Aww you shouldn't have

exactly what I did and got this
I kek'd but is is really useful? doesn't seem to have any range

THE BULLET IS ENORMOUS

THERE IS NO ESCAPE

I did because like I said last thread, OC goes underappreciated around here.

THE EXPLOSION WILL BE OF EXTRAORDINARY PROPORTIONS

The Quadlaser does great damage.
So if a boss has a huge hitbox or doesn't move much, you're golden.

I just made a shitty edit
But thanks anyways
Man, i feel bad for this game

Daily RoR threads still exist on /v/, and there's still RoR OCs somewhere on other anons' folders.

But have they updated it?

Same QUALITY HOPPO CODING as ever. So no.

any /lite/ approved gungeon players on YouTube?
now I'm hooked and need something to watch while I eat din din

Northernlion
:^)

But wait, don't we totally need more footage of the worst Isaac expansion daily? Don't forget considering cancelling the episodes for the best mod!

theres this guy, he has few videos but he does stuff like beating the whole game with just the pilot's stater gun while cursed and other things that only madmen attempt.

youtube.com/channel/UCqPahwSJSVFKBBr6bR_SBBA

>throws glass weapon for the hell of it
>weapon breaks into pieces

Oh

OK then

If they want to add a little realism then they should also make the Boots of Levitation keep Monk from stepping on non-piles of money on the ground

What's the point of the oubliette and the temple?

unlocks, extra chests and money, extra shops/chances for NPCs etc. Also temple has brother albern.

>using glass weapons
you're a braver necrodancer than I am

not him but,once you play as aria using glass weapons doesn't seem like that big of a problem anymore.

What are some nuclear throne challenges I could do so far the list of things I've done so far (and looped) is as follows

>steroids,yv,crystal,frog stater weapon only
>chicken throws only
>hard mode

Crystal, use only reflect to kill enemies who shoot stuff.
Exceptions include Crystal Caves as a whole, worms, and the like.

It isn't, but when I want to not play as Aria I want to have fun mashing keys and destroying stuff without having to be so anal about my every single move

That's why glass weapons don't really suit my relaxing non-Aria, turn your brain off playstyle

>on the 2nd floor just with the pistol and the meme golden gun

help

I don't think I can do challenge mode bros

>dying to vulcan raven
fucking end me

I think you misspelt Gatling Gull

most of us can't, unless you're willing to keep going till you're a master enter the gungeon player.

It'd be nice if it didn't cost fuckin money to do

At least with blessing something nice can maybe happen but I'm basically paying to get tortured

i meant what I said

yeah I wish they didn't do that, I think they just realized that after a while hegemony credits are useless and they wannted people to get use of them but it's still dumb. thought if you get good lucky enough to beat the hollow everytime then you'll make the credits back.

okay

I'm bored, so any mock-up suggestions for Gungeon/Nt alt-sprites?

Key version of The Bullet?

>Think I'm hot shit at ETG because I can get past Dragun easily pretty much every time and do Lich any time my guns aren't hot garbage
>Challenge mode shows me just how much a scrubadub I really am

Help me.

I did complete it once with The Bullet and really good item luck, so I have chaos bullets, but it isn't enough for me.

Why do I keep playing this torture?

The problem isn't the terrible RNG challenge clusterfucks. The problem is that I can see how I could win DESPITE the terrible RNG but I can't quite execute it.

I thought I had already passed "git gud" but it clearly isn't the case. I'm not even whining about the RNG of challenge mode, I am just getting slowly ground down by careless errors and stupid mistakes adding up.

Do I just keep throwing my ass into the grinder hoping I magically skill up or is there some trick to doing challenge runs consistently? FUCK.

And I haven't even TRIED double challenge mode.

This game is going to fucking kill me.

One with the goofy face.

One without.

>goofy face still there on the tiny version
YOU FUCKED UP

Use claymores

true hell, you can wait till the devs make it easier by adding in positives with the negatives

Anyone here play Exanima?

45 hours, just finished boss rush
goddamn those elevators were a bitch

why the fuck cant i enter the void lmao

yeah, they're worth it though, all but the first give good stuff

It always bugged me how the Cursed Hyper Crystal didn't teleport, so I fixed that

what's the best rarity of chests to be opening rather than destroying to find junkan? i wanna go on a run with my boy

Junkan is dropped from C tier chests. He can also still show up from picking up junk, but only at a 5% chance.

Finally got my first lich kill after about 150 hours, am I bad?

What is this?

>/v/
gross

the mod this guy's making hopefully he removes rogue with the final version

That's actually a really cool teleport animation.

Polyphemus first item in today's daily. Its a judas run too. Im guessing they took the complaints about no dmg and decided to go all out.

Also small rock on the tinted rock before the boss, save a bomb for it.

>the mod this guy's making
Ah that mod, nice to see he's still alive.
Does he have a blog or something where I can follow his progress? I guess not

KKILLLBUURRNNN
antibirth update when

You know, if one of you had started modding an older version back when we found out the fucker wasn't going to update anymore the mod would be waaaaay ahead of the current version by now

bamp.

How do you disable the boss cutscenes in Gungeon?

I know you can skip them, but I don't know if you can disable them.

>Play monk
>Muscle memory myself into gold piles constantly
>Get frustrated and switch to cadence for a few runs
>Have to actively force myself to pick up gold
>End up missing beats and getting hit because of it
I hate this game

care to discuss?

I don't even know what this is

bampin'

more of a /rlg/ in my honest opinion, hard as fuck to me.

>Isaac's daily is Judas
>Pick up Polyphemus, Steven + Small Rock on the first damn floor and you still have Book of Belial
Cannon run it is, then

I used to love that game.
What happened to it?

got gud

it got some DLC/mods but kindda died after vanilla desu.. i'm starting this run and wondering if i should end it or grind a little more

there are steam mods that let you change gold into spikes or something when playing as monk to help with that.

When you make it on depths 1 or two, dont remember which exactly, there's a room on the floor, rightmost and lowermost, there's a golden chest in it that spawns cricket's head if you open it.

Yeah
The devs didn't really thught a lot about some decisions

Antibirth update in 5 minutes.

5 HOURS

why does it seem nuclear throne runs at 30 fps
looks sluggish as shit

Shotguns!

>"Cursed!" challenge
>the one where you start with Yum Heart, Child's Heart, 6 HP, but moving between rooms always damages you
>first item is Bloody Lust

>1,000,000% AB+
>decide to start with Anti
>one red heart, 4 soul
>deal with 2 hearts
>literally no hp at all
I forgot how weird Rebirth was

Isn't that something from vanilla Isaac they brought over in Anti though?

because jw and rami islami are incredibly incompetent

is dat a f*kin jojo reference?????????

It's actually a mod for NTT's modding update, which is coming soon! I put banditmod on hold for a while because of some shitty life situations, but the modding api for NTT is easy (and you can load code on-the-fly, which makes it good for testing)

anyone here playing Tales of Maj'eyal? I just started playing, any tips you could give me? I'm totally new to the genre.

would make more sense if picking up gold just harmed the player for one full heart of damage and closed the shops

ToME is a roguelike, and belongs in the roguelike thread. This one is for roguelites, which more often than not are procedurally-generated arcade-esque games.
This is the thread that you desire!

Oh, sorry about that. Thanks.

anyone got a screenshot of curse of the maze making a gap appear in front of the door and making it impossible to go through?
i need one ASAP

I'M A REAL SUPER SAND

I was wondering if something like that existed.
I should really buy the game

Well I know which game in playing tonight

>shitty life situations

Is it serious stuff? So long as you're okay modding user.

Well, I finally got the opportunity to buy TBOI Rebirth. I don't have any experience with any game of this kind so, needless to say, I got my ass kicked pretty quickly.

I managed to win one run, though (I don't remember exactly what I got except a few items: Number One, Pisces and The Bible).

Are there some newbie tips to take into consideration?

Yes, chew slower.