/twg/ - Total War General

Old Friend edition. WHO THE FUCK IS THE OLD FRIEND?!?!11?one!

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.
Louen start in Couronne
Alberic start in Bordelaux
Fay Enchantress start in Carcassonne
Lots of new units such as grail reliquae, questing knights, squires and many more.

Looking good. Green Knight is a unique limited hero. Accumulate chivalry points to win the campaign. Decide between military and economic techs.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Reddit Rats the boat!

Why are they called reddit rats?

THEY HAVE WRONGED US

I'm gay

Fuck the elector cunts

Does anyone have a pic of the Total Warhammer Migration event window?

Any faction is fine, preferably Empire

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Soon.

Shameless heroic-posting, i'm proud of this one. Stillicho a best.

If this isn't to shop it in a /pol/ fashion I'll be enormously disappointed.

No, I want to change it into "Thread migration" event

What is the best memes of /twg/?

BOLOGNA

I am indeed disappointed.

WHEN?

the maze, dolores

Rejoice user. For a knight of bretonnia provides your shield.

His eye is still fucked up.

Seriously though. Why is this?

They're the randumb xd team.

tombkangz with gonna stab as runnerup

Twg has given me some oddly conflicting feelings about wanting to thrust my stake into vampire girls recently.

Also whatever happened to goth chicks?

What the fuck are these bridge maps?

Does warhammer finally have those?

Because all it needs now is real sieges and I can call it the best total war game

For whoever was asking for the Welsh panel of that comic.

Explain to me why this is not heroic!!!

Heroics are only for odds 5:1 I think

Actually I don't know the ratio but

>1300 vs 2000

Is very common numbers when playing something like dwarfs or wood elves

There is nothing to be conflicted about, user.

achoo

Yes there is user.

Where do you put your stake for one because I sure know I'd love to impale her.

Gesundheit

Because on one side you have
>2 armies, one with highly elite units who are highly ranked up and with a powerful hero

and on the other
>Flagellents one of the worst units in the game, along with a few RoR and ranged units who will survive 5 seconds against all that cav

The power bar would have been in your favor overwhelmingly if it didn't overestimate RoR

>bretonnia a paradoy of a parody of feudal france
>has more sophisticated infrastructure than the empire

2 economic buildings, and 2 support buildings that boost income and provide other boons. along with an unknown building that presumably boosts replenishment (the one with the tinctures)

the empire is the most lacklustre faction in the game, CA doesn't give a single fuck about them even though they could have been awesome with a religion or pope like electoral college mechanic

I know we won the make war thing over all, but did we win the last event?

>tinctures

Medicines and remedies

Doesn't cost factor into the hero thing too?

I'm starting to think the empire really need a tidy up. They're just so damn dull. Their tech tree for one is so slow that by the time I'm 1/3 into the research I've got floppy hats stretching from Fort Straghof to Luccini.

Sorry for retardation user but if we won Isabella does that mean we get her soon?

>be welsh celt
>get cucked by wops
>get cucked again by norsemen
>get cucked again by norsemen, speaking french
>live the next 500 years under their rule

what other group of people in europe has been JUST like that?

when we get Bretonia at the end of the month, I dunno if she'll just be there or if you'll need to download her from the DLC page like Wurrzag

right in her undead butthole

What are some good ideas for Bret LLs beyond the three in the game?

Yep it was awesome. One sided beat down against the stupid COH player.

what sort of contest was it?

Because the odds weren't that bad. It's all about starting numbers and losses and your reinforcing army got barely touched.

Gah end of the month is so far. What is worse is that after Brets and an old friend we have an unknowable gulf of time until the next expansion.

Next update is coming out with a custom map editor. but its already in beta now and maps can be used because you can download them off the host. or you can subscribe to have them load on your computer at all times. some are siege defense maps others are fords.

Italians

Just a friendly reminder that you're not only a complete fuckup as a strategist in Total War and any other strategy game, but also an absolute failure at life in general and nobody would care if you died right this instant.

...But at least you're not Mannfred von Carstein.

I'm not sure why but I think I am going to deduct nine chivalry points from you user.

There's really not much. Tancred II, Repanse. but most likely I think CA would just use characters from recent books or they'll just do what they've already done and just make their own.

Empire also need some of their mechanics tweaked. Like economy.

What else needs fixed user?

>Go against Dwarves as Empire
>Every battle is hard as fuck and I only win through careful micro
>Go against Dwarves as Orks
>Just right click and watch the Dwarves run like pussies and die

I doubt Bretonnia will ever get another LL or anything really.

bring more cannons

Somehow I fended off these beastmen with basic garrison and a lord. Guess that's just normal mode for you.

alright I just purchased the humble bundle just for this game and apparently I'm missing a shit ton of DLC

I heard TW:W is pretty much done and there won't be more new factions but they are working on a second game and it's going to have tomb kings which is cool because they are objectively the best faction. Is the second game an overpriced expansion or is it a new, full game? Is it going to have abusive DLC?

Nah, AI can't into sieges.

You can fend off one full stack with the garrison only in Legendary too. Sometimes even two

>I heard TW:W is pretty much done and there won't be more new factions

U wot. Nigga they will keep adding new factions to the Grand Campaign too with the expansions, which are your so called "Second game"

Imagine a Fall of the Samurai that ends up effecting vanilla Shogun 2 too

You literally had two units of Azhag's best on your side. Don't know why the AI does suicidal attacks like that.

>that resolution
>that unit size

I'm really really sorry for you, user

the article I read calls it a second game and it says tw:w is going to be part of a trilogy.

I hope these warhammer expansions are as good as fots

G O B L I N S

It's gonna work just like Rome 2. It had Attila and Charlemagne, which are sort of standalone games

The only difference is that this time they are going to try add the factions of the new games into the Vanilla Grand Campaign. Unsure if they will manage, there are many problems.

>bar is 99% in my favour
>auto battle for 200 dead
>manual battle
>bar is now 60-40
>lose 400
why do I even bother

>gepids have taken over of greece and dacia
this game is nuts lmao

The idea they are going for the "trilogy" is that the three can be played separately. But they are meant to all combine into one gigantic map if someone buys them all. They are in essence standalone expansions.

Apparently CA is still working out the technical issues in that regard, but it is definitely something they want to have.

And honestly, I don't see why the second expansion would have Tomb Kings from the get go. It is more than likely going to be Lizardmen, Delves, Helves, and Skaven (if we're lucky). Don't see how they would include the Kings if they are on a completely separate Continent.

>And it will have Tomb Kings too

no, that'll be the third game

>Auto-resolve heavily in my favor
>Lose all my elephants

Roman fucking shits have mastered the art of killing them only through auto resolve

The thing with the Tomb kings is with where they expand the map you could honestly do them with either expansion.

That said can seem them being added in with Lustria, I don't have it on hand but if you look at the map all it would mean is the Lizardmen get more land vertically assuming the play area is going to be like a big square bolted onto the existing map.

Kangz will be a race pack for the second game, like B-Men and Welves.

Vanilla will be Helves, Delves, L-Men and Reddit Rats, so if they do any race packs, they've got to have Kangz in there.

Especially if the original assumption is true, that the third game is devoted to Chaos.

LET ZE SUPPLICANT COME FORWARD

But he doesn't have a shield user.

Because he gave it to you, user.

*mindblown*

>is devoted to Chaos.

Third game knows his shit.

Gonna start a new TW:W playthrough, just had a blast playing Crooked Moon gobbin hordes on vanilla,

Any reccomended mods?

Brass bull when?

steel faith overhaul
that's it

>using mods

So lads, how would you implement naval combat into TW:WH? Based on the factions present, there is obviously a need for different naval strategies between races

>Greenskins
All about ramming and boarding, little/no ranged units. Think Rome 2 naval combat

>Dwarfs
Ironclads like FotS, Submarines as powerful ranged boats that are vulnerable to being boarded/rammed, and some sort of gyrocopter carrier that allows the deployment of gyros, but is very slow and needs to be babysat (if it dies so do the gyros for game balance)

>Brettonia
Based on what I've seen posted here on their navy, these guys should be rocking age-of-sail ships that good all around

>Vamps
These guys have the potential to be interesting, given the amount of fliers in their roster. Perhaps they just have fliers that work similarly to land battles, only they land on enemy ships/attack other flying units. Or they could work like the carrier idea for the dwarfs. Vamps would obviously be based on having a swarm of fliers deal with enemy ships, with skeles boarding to help out

>Welfs
???

>Warriors of Chaos/Beastmen
Both are hordes so I'm not sure how you would do navies for them. Chaos is going to have to be able to sail at some point in the future of TWWH, otherwise the new world will be chaos-free

>Magic
No idea how CA should implement this

Roulette lad that keeps updating the jpg list.

Get ready to update. The first official 3D images of Leoun,Fay and Alberic were revealed.

>Empire
Would be at a halfway between Brets/Dwarfs, having high tier ships that are steam powered, but some lower tier ships as well. Should have ranged ships utilizing cannons and handguns. Basically taking Steam, Steel, and Gunpowder to the seas

unfortunately CA has already stated in an interview that they have no plans of using the IP from dreadfleet in any implementation of naval combat for TWWH

Err ummm. How do Beastmen spread Chaos?

you asking about game mechanics or lore?

really aggressive evangelism

Who should be my anvil?

Is Europa Perdita good?

well the empire would be much better if it had more buildings to build on the campaign map and actually functioned like a rome 2 or attila function instead of a barebones tech demo.

Like it would be cool if you could build supply depots and roads or markets or anything else for that matter to actually specialize your provinces instead of just making Money provinces and Military provinces.

Lore of course.

What do you mean by "Chaos"? Corruption? Unrest? Mutation?

noble germanic swords, if you can keep them safe from cav

but assuming you are playing ostrogoths get the higher tier pikes and use those

beastmen were initially created when the forces of chaos first went nuts and men were merged with animals/vice versa, and their hobbies include thoughtless pillaging of anything remotely civilzed, shitting, raping, eating flesh, and more shitting. Right there you check 3 of the 4 chaos gods' boxes (murdering for khorne, shitting for nurgle, and the obvious for slaanesh)

Shitting can probably fall under slaanesh too if it was nice shit.

I'd argue that the Beastmen please Tzeentch for the change which they effect.

>GIFF DE ORDER YEYE THE ORDER BOSS THE ORDER SAY IT SAY IT AAAAA
was it autism?

Orctism

we can all agree that he did nothing wrong, correct?

I think tzeentch is actually their patron diety, the one they'd worship most due to their entire race being different and undergoing mutation often especially at birth. Much like Malagor for example.

don't forget they turned into beasts which is very tzeentch-like