CV rally build?

hey so I'm tired of getting fucking speeding tickets, fucking bullshit it getting expensive. gonna trade in my 2013 fiesta se for a 2005 crown Vic and some change. my rational is basically that cops are less likely to pull me over since they'll probably just see me and just think oh it's sgt Jason going to catch that perp better leave him alone. anyways I tried to rally my fiesta but it didn't work too well. right now I've got it on 19s and a lift kit but I'm lookout for some ideas for the Vic. anyone ever rallyd these things before? thinking about 22s and a lift kit to start, also some of those really cool lights that I can put on the roof that blind the fuck out of deer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o64FBbAU83o
youtu.be/vHvXi_HejnI
youtu.be/V5Vxr7Ljwgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>my rational is basically that cops are less likely to pull me over since they'll probably just see me and just think oh it's sgt Jason going to catch that perp better leave him alone.

I'm hoping you're joking, but because of the different dimensions of autism that exist on this website I can't really tell for sure.

I have one, and you're dead fucking wrong. They'll go out of their way to fuck you over.

However, if you're driving one of those brown-ish lincoln towncars, you're damn safe. They're the same car, anyway. Just needs a 2" lift.

>getting tickets in a rally car
I don't get it, rallys are usually on closed roads, where EMTs are on standby and shit. Why would cops be in the way of that? Unless you're a moron speeding on random highways and calling your car a rally car. I don't think a fucked up crown vic on 22" tires and roof lights are going to scream "sgt Jason". Besides, most departments have switched over to new Fords or Dodges anyway.

I drive an 03 town car, love it, same drive train as the crown vic. I took it offroad into the mountains many times, it has amazing climbing abilities. However, I baby it no matter what I do, I couldn't bring myself to use it as a rally car.

God OP what are you 19?

You can use these old Crown Vic as a cover up, a good portion of them have replaced by that new Taurus. In a few more years time ALL the old police Crown Vics will be gone simply due to age and miles.

So you are a tard. Slow the fuck down, did ya try THAT.

This. Lots of areas don't even use Crown Victorias as police cars anymore, where I live they've entirely switched over to Chargers, Tahoes and Tauruses and only the staties have the occasional CV still in the fleet. You're fooling exactly nobody, why not stick a bullbar and a "I CATCH" bumper sticker on as well?

>I took it offroad into the mountains many times, it has amazing climbing abilities. However, I baby it no matter what I do, I couldn't bring myself to use it as a rally car.
Panthers have gobs of torque, but benchracers look at the 200-odd HP rating and immediately assume they can't get out of their own way, nevermind climbing hills with a stray breath on the gas pedal.

*can't

the speed limits are so fucking low though. 100kmh is fucking bullshit when I'll have a v8 Vic and it'll go really fast

multiple the speed limit by 1.5 and maybe I'll give it a shot

>60mph is fucking bullshit
60mph is standard and since when do commie countries even get Crown Vics?
> when I'll have a v8 Vic
There are no non-V8 vics
> and it'll go really fast
It will literally be slower than your Fiesta.

what do you mean slower than my fiesta v8s are fast

>tried to rally fiesta and it didn't work
>thinks a heavy rwd v8 will perform better in loose traction conditions

You obviously don't know anything about rally. It was your driving that didn't work out, not the car.

The 2-valve 4.6 Modular V8 is possibly the most lethargic V8 to ever roll out of Detroit's design offices, and yes, that includes the Chevy 305 small block.

Not this one. The crown vic sold well specifically because the engine trades everything, acceleration, speed, and efficency for ridiculous reliability. It's absurd how durable they are. But that's pretty much it.

Well, you can go 20k over just to keep up with traffic. Once you start pulling past that, watch out. I whizzed by a cop once doing 140km/h in an 80 zone two lane expressway, and the cherries came out, I was 20 and shitting my pants. Thankfully some dude in a minivan was passing me at the time and took the bullet.

>they'll probably just see me and just think oh it's sgt Jason going to catch that perp better leave him alone.
Are you 12 years old? Driving on a gravel road does not equal "rally" you retarded inbred.

This was the troll line...

It'll be noticeably slower than your fiesta, it's a 4.6 v8 with 239 hp. Your best 0-60 time will be 8 seconds, and that's nearly stripped. There's a reason taxi companies and cops used them everywhere, they're reliable, but lack acceleration, have a low top speed (especially in that huge panther package) and have okay torque. In fact, the torque and reliability are what make the engine what it is.

That said, I can merge on the freeway and pass no problem, it's still a fun car and the engine does not need high revs to ease up to good speeds. Don't expect it to be a muscle car though.

at this point, i am more than 90% sure this thread is bait.

>It'll be noticeably slower than your fiesta, it's a 4.6 v8 with 239 hp. Your best 0-60 time will be 8 seconds, and that's nearly stripped. There's a reason taxi companies and cops used them everywhere, they're reliable, but lack acceleration, have a low top speed (especially in that huge panther package) and have okay torque. In fact, the torque and reliability are what make the engine what it is.

fuck =/

>239 hp
Keep in mind that is a very high estimate- if you have single exhausts instead of dual and the old-style intake, you're looking at something closer to 205hp or so... and that was when it rolled off the factory line about ten years ago, and before the 4R70W slushbox takes its share of the power on the way to the ass end.

Just go for a ride in a new York taxi. You'll be glued to the seat the whole time. It can get out of its own way but it is aland barge not a race car

Yote that bitch like a furry in heat and drive off to the sunset with 1000 horsepowa

>I took it offroad into the mountains many times
>it has amazing climbing abilities
>I baby it
>amazing climbing abilities
>offroad into the mountains

So much is inherently wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

Even then, a lot of NYC taxis- the ones that haven't already switched to minivans, anyway- are decomissioned Police Interceptors, which means they've got 3.27 gears in the back instead of the standard 2.73s, making it peppier off the line in exchange for a lower top speed (which you won't need in NYC traffic).

you guys are fucking with me look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=o64FBbAU83o

how much would a police interceptor manual swap+turbo run me?

No, it's great. Fucker's a big train. Get it going with a bullbar, and you're unstoppable. 5 star safety rating, too.

Parts are literally cheap as shit, and there's so fucking many around it's amazing. It's the Kalashnikov of the car world.

A turbo's really what it needs. Get one, and it should be quick. You'll probably have to tune the engine though. Mine couldn't handle a cold air intake.

>dude barely breaking 70mph in a community with a stripped turbo crown vic.

Realistically, a normal crown vic will limit at around 130mph. Which is fine, because it's a land barge and shouldn't be doing over 130 anyway. It seriously is not for taking tight turns. Ever.

wow and turbos are only 3k for this car. Sick.

I can have a manual turbo 400+hp rally car for under 7k.

I'm down guys

This is bait. If you keep responding to this lonely fool then you are knowingly responding to a troll in an autistic circlejerk

>can't rally in a Fiesta
>thinks a crown vic will fare better
LMAO IDIOT

You'd seriously take out the most reliable automatic transmission in the US and put a manual in?

yes. I know how to drive stick and a manual will be just as reliable because I know how to take care of it.

>most reliable automatic transmission in the US
Didn't know they put TorqueFlites in Crown Vics.

what's the problem?

Fiestas are raced in wrc

>implying the wrc hasn't been a joke for years

Pretty much this. Dream is to get a set of heads off a Marauder and see if they go on the 4.6 in a townie and go from there.

You'd be better off just buying a complete 4v drivetrain. Ya, you can do a 4v swap, but you need a lot more than just heads. It's all the little shit that will nickle and dime you to death. All this has been done a million times before. Spend some time browsing shitty panther forums rather than shitpost here.

Are you planning on getting a P71? Because they have a little more factory HP to make up for the transmission.

gotcha thanks

Go shitpost on CVN for awhile. It's underage whacker central but there's a ton of good knowledge buried on that site.

>Kalashnikov of the car world
That's the Toyota Hilux

>In a few more years time ALL the old police Crown Vics will be gone simply due to age and miles.
When they stopped production of the Crown Vic in 2011, they said the Crown Vic would be completely phased out of police fleets by 2018. so another year, or 2 at most before there aren't any in police fleets.

That said, my local Police Department still has a 1987 Buick Regal T-Type Grand National in the active fleet as a chase car.

That's fucking rad, yo.

Connecticut was infamous back in the day for having specially-ordered Grand Nationals in their fleets. Connecticut even ordered the cars from dealerships in other states. A good number of them are still in service. When other police fleets were using Camaros and Mustangs, Connecticut was blowing them aay with turbo Buicks.

>Connecticut was blowing them aay with turbo Buicks.
*blowing them away

I'd rob a bank to be chased by one of those.

>my rational is basically that cops are less likely to pull me over since they'll probably just see me and just think oh it's sgt Jason going to catch that perp better leave him alone

Yeeaah, turns out that doesn't really work. It seems that people who work in a company, or agency, tend to know who else is in the area. Or at least how to recognize all the little signs that say the other party is legit. Guarantee you there's no way you could keep a CV nice/clean enough to not be instantly recognizable as a civilian by... basically everybody.

An instructive example occurred a few years ago in Texas. Some drug runners thought that copying a Highway Dept. pickup would be a good way to not get noticed. Problem was it did get noticed by every real Highway Dept employee who promptly wanted to know who that was and where they were going and got enough of a buzz going that the cops got involved and ended up busting the thing on its first run. Same thing would happen with cops.

what if I dressed the car up to look like another agency like the FBI?

kek
that's it desu

They they'd wonder wtf the FBI is doing in their area and start asking questions. People are very attuned to what belongs and what doesn't and the problem comes when you try to look like one of a group and you don't get it exactly right. You're better off blending in with all the other anonymous shitboxes of the general populace than in trying to look like a member of a limited group.

you tried to rally a fwd fiesta

>A
>FWD
>Fiesta

Off yourself.

Stop replying you stupid mother fucker.

what's your problem?

bump

Within every 305 beats the valiant heart of a 283, within every 4.6 lives th

SUP BRO!

Am 4x4 crown vic user.

Lost auction on 2012 but good news.

U can put a supercharger on that mutherfucker for $2500 and break 500hp... my car has 200.

Also. Lincoln aviator has 4.6 v8 like our cars. 300hp...

Putting blower on lincoln navigator motor and crown vic body on raptor frame or replicating the setup.

>muh vic
>muh 600hp and stock bottom end and tranny.
>muh 4x4

you think you won't turn heads in a cop car?

apex kek

>it jas amazing climbing abilities.

Yup... youtu.be/vHvXi_HejnI

Ueah but u can get 4v heads and cobra blower and shit. Takes a little work but u can get 500hp. Or just toss an aviator motor in there for 300hp

Fuckoff u hatting cuck. Oo does wtf he wants

Nah he mentioned rally cv in another thread and i told him im making a 4x4.

Fuck all the people that hate. They didnt buy it and arent driving it. Suck my dick

Fuckoff

youtu.be/V5Vxr7Ljwgk
Kek. Yup.

Vics 1-2k for descent cl or fb find.
Supercharger kits 5-6 grand.
Diy with parts $2,500.
Used 03-04 cobra mustang blower and shit probably cheaper but u have to put the battery in the trunk.

Not sure on the tranny. Its almost always a 6 speed from a mustang tho. And you have to reinforce the firewall for the clutch.

Hunting a cobra now actually if anyone is near southeast ks with a lead

Tru that.

Bonus points for copcar already has bullbar

True story.

Factory limited to like 120mph case the drive shaft will explode.

Some cop cars got alluminum alloy ones but still limited

Well under 4k if you are frugal. And just under 15psi of boost gives you over 509 but it may blow.

It set it at about 10psi and get 450-475 and thrash the fuck out of it. Blocks are like $100. Just make the feont clip pin on and thrash the fuck out of it. Gg. Cant wait to do mine

Not bait not troll not kidding.

And if u find another cheap supercharger post a fucking thread

>Connecticut was blowing them aay
lmao

Suck dick fag

People do... not my bag but wtf ever. I gotta get one for an aviator built to put in my vic. #horsepowerproblems

They do. Headers are $150. Truck intake for lower torque too

This.

Learned a lot today

>my pasture one day....

Lol nice. Copbro is a gear jead and wont let it die

Oh god he had an aneurysm.

This. But light bars visible wouldnt hurt

All shitpostimg goes on /b u funhating tightwad.

Cut your dick off. Its useless anyway

this is the dumbest thread on the board right now

Crown vic fags are brain dead as can be

Show me these 500hp crown vic for $2500
>but mine has 200hp
So you are just shitting conjecture then, okay Lmao

GRAND MARQUIS MASTER RACE
COME AT ME P71FAGS

You want 29"s I don't even know if you can get 22" A/Ts or muds

Crown vics are a cop magnet, I know because I'm a cop.

is the steering super light on these? it didn't seem to have any self centering at all

You can steer these cars with one finger.

anything I can do to make it heavier? light steering probably doesn't work too well in the dirt

27" is the smallest youll fine. 27x8.5x14 or 205/75/15. unless maybe you go for utv/atv tires

steer it with your cock for maximum feel

1. that's a retarded idea
2. a low profile CVPI with just a spotlight and a couple of little antennas on the trunk deck will pass for a government car. Make sure that the car is a solid color and has the front door bumper strips on it so it doesn't look like a squad car with the stickers stripped off.

t. used to own one of these and got away with all kinds of shit.

Of course, if you put a lift kit and rims on it any retard is going to know that it's just some surplus car with a special needs kid behind the wheel.

Oh, and wear a black leather jacket.

>all these bootlickers
And I thought Americans were all about the freedom. But here you are going,

>muh speed limits every K over is a killer

Fucking cucks.

Learn to not suck, m8. If you're speeding, speed on empty roads where you know they don't have cameras. Invest in some sort of radar detector, download Waze and take off all the fucking Monster stickers on your shitty Ford you Ken Block wannabe. You also should've picked up the ST, not whatever shit trim the "SE" is if you wanted to be a gravelnigger.

And Crown Vics would be shit for rallying. That's an even dumber idea than trying to fool the cops into thinking that you're one of them.

I dont really need to get away with anything except speeding. I could hide the rally lights behind the grill. Not sure about the lift kit though =/

hydraulics ese

Yeah I made a mistake with the se, but oh well.

dont know too much about those. What is it gonna cost? and I can raise and lower on demand?

IDK about you but I had a plain jane CVPI in white that never had stickers on it, so it had the door bumper strips all around. It had a spotlight and a couple of holes in the trunk that I put a couple of little straight antennas in, one 12", one 4" like the local gov't cars had. I slapped a DARE sticker on the bumper and just kept my hair short and wore black leather.

Before I got the car, I was getting a few speeding tickets a year. During, not a single one. I would wave at cops and they would wave back, which was always hilarious. Especially when speeding.

Occasionally would pick up some free drive-through.

Protip: Never overtly tell anyone that you're a cop or any kind of official. Most people will just assume if you let them fill in the blanks.

FWIW, it was in the midwest. I moved out to CA and the magic was gone- it became just another car to the rest of the world. Got pulled over once for going the wrong way down a one way, didn't get a ticket though. Had to tell the cop several times that I wasn't anybody official, that it was just a used cop car. IDK why he acted like he didn't believe me, maybe he was trying to bait me into lying.

pretty much this but for your entire post.
There is a significant amount of stupid here, and it is hard to tell if this is bait, or really some dumb shit thinking this.