/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Cinematic universe edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVVrPYEW148
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lao Shan is the most innocent monster.

monhun is done for
this general is dead
my life is shit

I never played FU. What's the big guy's deal?

he's peacefully trying to tear down a wall and dindu nuffin

All monsters are innocent. Only humans hunt for sport.

He just wants to get past a wall.
All he did was roar and smash the wall, never directly attacking you.
All he was doing was running away from Fatalis.
:_;

Lao's having a good time in the mountain chewing rocks.
Then Fatalis comes by and decides to fuck with Lao and attack him. (If you look during the Lao fight in FU he has an already scarred shoulder which is commonly used as proof he's just running away)
He finds a wall in his way and tries to knock it down.

Then 4 hunters come by and smash his groin in until Lao dies.

Lao is one of my favorite monsters. Not because it's a particularly entertaining fight, because it isn't, but the first time I fought him in the first MH and I got him to the last area and the main MH theme kicked in was absolutely amazing. I fucking live for moments like that.

first-timer in mhgen, nearly took down the rathalos in the 5 star village quest but got slammed. cut off his tail but wasted my flash bombs earlier and couldn't finish the job. feels bad man.

what stats should I be looking for with gear? is armor most important?
my loadout is:
hidden saber lv 2
testucabra helm
regios mail
rathian braces
rathian faulds
blango greaves
+2 health talisman

woot finaly got past brach, got steve and magala to go. only got one cart because I suck at brachy so got it in the bad if I dont choke.
I forgot the mosswine jerky though

>All of that shit
Nigger do you even have an active skill?
>Health Talisman
You really should read a guide or wiki, as it sounds like you're more then just a little green.

I got the talisman to edge out and get a health active skill, and I went for that armor because last time I asked Veeky Forums said flat armor was more important than skills in the mid-game, what would you recommend instead friend? but yeah I am very green

>Veeky Forums said flat armor was more important than skills in the mid-game
You must have asked during local shitposting hour, user. Skills are ALWAYS more important.
You should build for Attack Up Large from as soon as you can, it's the single most important skill in Low Rank. Most people mix up Bulldrome and Jaggi equipment until they reach Rathalos, whose equipment outclasses theirs for Attack skills. In fact AuL is the only thing you need to worry about until the lategame HR7+, when the gear shifts to favor crit stacking over flat increases.

It'll get better once XX is out.

R-right?

thanks, friend. I was using bulldrome/jaggi up until being told flat armor was the way to go, so I'll switch on back to that and throw in some attack decorations. wish me luck lad

Get full Ceanataur, probably. That or Glav. Most skills you need to have 10 points towards to at least activate. An evasion hunter art may be more favourable than an attack-oriented one if you have a bit of trouble dodging. Blue Mushroom + Godbug then Nutrients + Honey, then Mega Nutrients + Dragon Toadstool for maxes would be good for you if you didn't know about them. You could also carry an Ancient Potion (Immunizer + Kelbi Horn). These potions both give you full HP + Max HP. Ancient does stamina too. It might be favourable to get a water or ice element weapon too, but see how you go with a full armour set with abilities activated.

Bro. BRO. You got misled hard unless this post is bait.

Try putting on a complete set of armor from one monster. Then check your active skills in Menu > Status. Getting 10 (15, 20, -10, -15, etc) points in a skill will activate it.

Your talisman is currently doing exactly nothing - 2 points in health won't do shit unless you get the total to 10.

Other user saying Jaggi/Bulldrome mix is right, but from the sound of it, you should put on a full set until you get more of a feel for the game.

a little bit better. it's a japanese release after all, which means only importers and cfw people can get in on the fun. we'll get nowhere near the traffic of an english release. maybe if G rank turns out to be ball-crushingly hard, we'll get a ton of whining, which might make it seem like the general is active. it would also encourage people to make more rooms, too.

Did you time out or cart three times? If the latter, you probably shouldn't downgrade your defence to get AuL. Yeah, it's good to finish the quest quicker, but if you carted 3 times with higher defence, then you really need more defence in general. If you times out, it's worth trying the AuL.

Just don't be shy about using armor spheres to upgrade your armor. They're plentiful, and the defense the upgrades provide is potent.

>ball-crushingly hard
Hyper G-rank anything.

I believe user was telling you flat armor>element resistance, not related to skills

here
WE DID IT BOYS
with bulldrome/jaggi as suggested, thanks lads
time to do it a bunch more times to get wingtalons for lv2 attack gems

I do hope you're bringing flash bombs to ground Los when it's in the air, it really speeds your kills up. Just in case you haven't noticed, it will always fireball into a hover right after it enters rage mode, so that's one of the best times to flash it.

Poison or blast for deviljho?

adding to what this user said, you can pitfall trap los (and most other monsters that can fly) and when they break out they'll fly up for a few seconds, which is a GREAT opportunity to flashbomb, and especially if you're in multiplayer, craft another pitfall and pitfall it again so when it flies up again you can flash bomb again. This is absolutely devastating in a team when the others know to avoid tripping you while you're trapping.

blast

Purple meat AND blast.

thunder

>ball-crushingly hard
>in a game where bushido and gunner guard points exist

>gunner guard points
No such thing.

alright then you twat
>ball-crushingly hard
>in a game where bushido and brave exist

>playing easy modo

Best LS for Alatreon?

memeblade

whatever the strongest blast option is.

I'm absolutely horrified to say that I carted 3 times after like 49:30 and fly-a-lot still didn't die.

bring farcasters and flash combines, better off using Hammer or GS

I bought farcasters. One of the carts was forgetting to combine again and getting munted by triple icicle. Only bought 5 Flashes though. Maybe I'll hammer it, used to be pretty good at hammer back in the day.

Are you ready for the true power of the frenzy in XX?

is this frontier?

>only importers and cfw people
With how much MHGen gets talked about in /hbg/ I'm pretty sure the two overlap a shit ton. But you're right, the people here I doubt even make up a single percent of the MHGen playerbase even today, so I wouldn't expect to see a lot of players in MHXX, but the ones you will see are the more diehard/active. If nothing else the first few weeks are going to be overwhelming for here while people figure out the new quests, armor sets, and what counts as the new keys before the wiki's update. I don't even think we've got people who legit know Japanese in these threads, so I'd expect a lot of people Trial and erroring their way around quest requirements.

Goddamn kid how new are you? English patch will drop in 1 or 2 days. Will even drop before official release since the cia will leak early.

>Chaos Gore is back
>Frenzy Fever exists
>Crit stacking is king
You better be ready for the new meta.

>The weapons themselves effectively carry all the affinity you'll ever need

What do you think?

For advanced monster hunter should i be using the gore CB or just stay with the ceadius

So the SnS user in the third trailer was using what very much looks like the Tigrex Z set and Brute Tigrex SnS. We know subspecies are not in XX, so this seems to point toward trading for monster parts being back. We may yet get the glorious gear like T.Zam's para weapon selection back!

best meme of the ebola chan era tbqh

Why does MHO only have one Bowgun type?

They need to be able to generate hype by adding back content already present in the series. They didn't have HH, GL, SA, and I think DB to start with, they were also added over time. They're missing IG and CB still, too.

pretty sure that's just Tigrex X

MHO started with only 4 weapons. GS, LS, SnS and Bowgun. And they look pretty dead set on going with only one Bowgun class

youtube.com/watch?v=HVVrPYEW148

So what's the letter for Grank R sets, W?

>MHO
>CB
mah dick

S -> X
U -> Z
EX -> GX

Yeah R -> W would fit. They might get called GR if Capcom is especially boring.

>alatreon
>melee
Gun him to death.

Miss Cat, adult kyss, etc

Now with Thicc the Cat!

Would ruffle the fuck out of that bedhair.

my dudes

in mh gen, does punish draw work on hammers?

Is Alatreon stronger than Fatalis or is he just a cheap discount combo pack bargain elder dragon?

Latter
And ironically the hardest and most unfun of all dragons.

>join glavenus hunting hub
>one other guy
>every one of his sentences end with either :3 or :S
>he died 3 times to glavenus tail swing

fucking casuals. i swear

:3

Dunno man. I have a much harder time with Gog than with Ala. Ever since P3rd Ala has hardly been a challenge.

Do I really need to craft a GS to get past Zinogre? Holy shit this monster is cancerous as fuck

Sorry :S.

I hope you're bring ironic, Gog is a joke to solo but 3U ala took me weeks to down once, so hard to predict.

What wep do you use? No wep is terrible against zinogre.

Ziggy is the easiest flagship for blademasters in general though?

>water element
>Dual Sword
>Long Sword
>Switch Axe
Great sword will just slow you down.

I tried using LS, so far his right side seems to be safer but his surprise charge and that 180 degree tail swipe keeps fucking me over

Zinogre is harder than Rath/GenLagi

3U Ala is as much of a joke as Gen Ala. Clusted to death every time, taunts after every little thing it does in the air. Struggling to get out of the way of Gog's attacks and running out of ammo is a constant, meanwhile.

Hit his back leg, and face when he's charging

The morrowind one is my favourite

>clust
>ammo
Who said anything about bowguns?

1~3 hits and them dodge/get away, do this till you cab predict most of the moves.

The 180 tail swipe hits in a diagonal from its left up. If you roll to its right side as it does it, you'll never get hit.

Steamed rolled 1 too 10 thunderlord solo. Jesus that fucking bullfango in forlorn arena.

>for blademasters
And gunners

Oh, you were talking about melee weapons? Sorry, I have this bad habit of assuming everyone has the same weapon class as me when talking about difficulties in a hunt. I sure made an ass out of myself!

Yeah I've been trying to stick to his right side, guess I just need more practice

Ziggy is pretty much a joke monster. Should rather be the next rank up equivalent to Seltas.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean he pretty much exists to teach newshits about the value of timing, which means it does too much damage if it somehow hits you than a trash monster should be expected to. It just never hits you.

I lost it when I got to this page of MHI though. Apparently zinogre was supposed to do the exact opposite of what it does (which is put its head right in the way of your weapon the whole time you fight it).

Finally started playing the newer generation of games (3U currently).

I forgot how slow they are to get past all the pseudo story and get straight to just playing.

Not sure if being ironic or genuinely innocent.

>Ichinose: No it needs to be stoic, not evasive. Give it an edgy walk that leaves it completely exposed as well.
>Designers: But that will just make it eas-
>Ichinose: I SAID DO IT

So what do you guys think of thunderlord zinogre?found him pretty much fun too fight .

Pretty sure he's just assblasted that people assume you're using a blademaster weapon unless stated otherwise.

>Apprently Ichinose was in charge of P3rd

Just like teostra

Yes, he was.
Freedom unite as well.

You can thank him for the big 3 furbait monsters.

What a pointless thing to become upset about.

>head was a pellet magnet as well

Who do I thank for Barioth?

>assuming a hunter's weapon gender

Fujioka