>be week ago
>find pristine first gen jimmy/blazer
>ad is shit, truck is too nice, seems fake
>call and text cause why not
>no answer
>get text later
>its a phone number
>call
>older dude answer, is cool. says his son posted it for him. for HIS dad that just died
>80k miles, no rust dents scratches or anything
>owned by his dad who was 85 since new
>fuckin drive 2 states over, 9 hours, and buy it
>totally didn't need this but why not man too nice to pass out on

So I just listed my wrx for sale because I'm tired of them and subaru crowd. This thing is literally showroom quality.
I'm gonna swap out the 4.3 for a built 350 well 355 I have and my 5 speed too. Few pals I have say it's a bad idea to do that cause it's so clean stock low miles etc but idkman 4.3 is gutless and this thing is tits and imma make it titser

Other urls found in this thread:

media.caranddriver.com/files/1991-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer-vs-gmc-s-15-jimmy-slx-isuzu-trooper-ls-jeep-cherokee-laredo-mitusbishi-montero-ls-nissan-pathfinder-se-and-toyota-4runner-sr5-comparison-test-car-and-driverdesert-sports-comparison-full-specs.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying a car because it's stock and near perfect.
>LET ME PUT A 350 IN EEET
user.

>I'm gonna swap out the 4.3 for a built 350 well 355 I have and my 5 speed too.
I hate people like you.

>Few pals I have say it's a bad idea to do that cause it's so clean stock low miles etc
Good friends, smart friends.

>but idkman 4.3 is gutless and this thing is tits and imma make it titser
No, you will ruin it like a fag. A car is only original ONCE. Fuck with it and you're done.

>The Man Cave

Please hang yourself.

The 4.3 is in fact gutless. What's the end goal?

This is the exact reason why it's so hard to find clean cars these days. They get bought, turned into projects, and either become piles of shit when they're done or become unfinished projects all together.

Honda civics being a prime example. Find me a clean, lower mile civic from the 90's with straight body lines, low owners, and good miles at a reasonable price. You can't.

This. Leave it alone you sperg. The 4.3 is a great motor.

Leave it as it is dude

LS swap it to make more people sperg out

swap whatever you like just to piss off these nerds
you're not sawpping in an ls1 in a ferrari so who cares

The 4.3 is gutless and I have no interest in driving it as is considering it's also my first autotragic.

It does get quite a bit of attention and compliments from the older folk, but I really doubt there's much of a market for first gen blazers.

>that nig rigged amp cable

do whatever the fuck you want its already ruined

If you have no interest in driving it, why the fuck did you buy it? Did you seriously just buy a car to hack up and toss in the dumpster when you inevitably fuck it up?

No.. you didn't.

Before I noggin blasted through the windshield of my project truck, it was very quick. Noticeably faster than my subaru and I could walk a stockish sti.

Them guts in this jimjam would be so tits tho guys. I imagine this johnny is what, 3500 lbs or so?

I didn't what?

Cause it takes so long to take that out ayy?
I put my audio shit in there to make the thing driveable for me because it's so slow and lame so I need tunes to get by.

I bought it because it's beautiful and was a good deal. I buy and flip vehicles.
It's just that this bitch tickles me fancy, and is white, and is a good slut to take my motor and tranny.

see Probably close to 4,500lbs, if not 5000 being 4x4. Drop the tcase for a viscous out of an Astro and grab the front end. It'd make for a nice Street machine.

What's the end goal?

you could at least run it properly you stupid fuck

Holy shit, you sure? I didn't think it weighs more than my short box step side of the same year. It's 4x4 of course, I live in an area that gets at least 200 inches of snow in the winter months.

End goal would be having my trucks 5spd and 355 swapped over, sorting out supporting suspension and maybe drop it a tiny bit as I'm not feeling lifting it etc

>sorting out supporting suspension and maybe drop it a tiny bit as I'm not feeling lifting it etc

Sounds horrible.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean? Make it awd with a viscous tcase?

>jimjam
>tits tho
>johnny

Get out you low-IQ'd redneck.

Sorry you can't handle my lingo m80 but you're a fool if ya seriously think that has any real correlation to my brainsmarts

1991 4-door Jimmy 4x4s are under 4000lb

media.caranddriver.com/files/1991-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer-vs-gmc-s-15-jimmy-slx-isuzu-trooper-ls-jeep-cherokee-laredo-mitusbishi-montero-ls-nissan-pathfinder-se-and-toyota-4runner-sr5-comparison-test-car-and-driverdesert-sports-comparison-full-specs.pdf

Swapping in a healthy V8 into a clean stock vehicle is a much better idea than swapping it into a piece of shit. Fuck originality unless there's MONEY to be made. In that case, there isn't.

It's cheaper to buy it clean than rebuild it clean. Ignore the haters OP.

mint. Leave it stock or turbo the 4.3 as a typhoon tribute.

agree on all counts; the 4.3L is one of the most solid and reliable engines GM ever came up with. dont fix it if it aint broke

Dude fuck the haters. The 4.3 is shit and expensive to replace new.

Unless you already have a bored out small block i hoghly recomend you go LS. Or at least a stock 400 with serpentene belt and ac. Mutherfucker will bolt right up unless u wanna beef sgit up lile u should.

Only option besides duramax

4.3 is a good commuter engine but it has two few cylinders.

Sell neatly removed 4.3 for more coke monies.

>Cause it takes so long to take that out ayy?
>I put my audio shit in there to make the thing driveable for me because it's so slow and lame so I need tunes to get by.
god you're a nigger

OP is going to destroy this poor car, gg

Shouldn't a 350 be a straight drop in?
Swapping out the 4.3 shouldn't be an issue. There's so many 350 S10 swaps that have been done. Doubt it would even hurt the value replacing the original 4.3.

Because a Civic is an economy car and wasn't desirable to 99% of people other than using it to be reliable and get gud em pee gees?

Who'd a thunk it eh?

>all these people pretending they know how to do engine swaps

what a shitty idea.

if you're gonna do some kind of swap or performance thing, why not turn it into a pseudo Typhoon?

I mean, i'd leave it stock, if it aint broke dont fix it, but if you are, at least do something fitting