>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in miatas for 3 years now

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow. (with four snow tires) Just be sure to spray off your undercarriage afterwards

last thread

looks kinda like my buddies car

RPF1 guy from last thread where are you. I wanna jack it to some high sidewalls.

probably the same kit.

NA and NB hardtops are the same, right? I want to be a ricer and get a hardtop spoiler.

I just got a nice deal on a '00 that needs cosmetic work but is rust free. It's my first Miata and there are a few things I'm trying to figure out as I start to service/ wrench on it. Curious if anyone has experienced any of these issues:

1. Occasionally has an extreme vibration when leaving 1st (at stoplight etc). Extreme as in, feels like the drivetrain is trying to leap out of the car, have to stop and let it back down to idle before trying to move again. This comes and goes, some days it wont happen at all, but often once it happens it will do it again if I stop within a few blocks. Seems to not be as much of an issue if I rev it up to around 4k and launch. Also seems to happen more often on an incline. Once it's in gear everything is smooth and shifts perfectly fine, clutch pedal feels normal. Could it be worn out motor mounts? Guy I bought it from said it has a newer clutch but maybe something's out of spec?

2. Mystery fuel smell in cabin. Have not been able to find a single leak, but I often get a pretty strong smell of fuel with the top up. Seems to be more prevalent on the highway.

3. Often turns over for a while before starting. Sometimes starts right away, sometimes takes 3-4 seconds. Newer battery, and it has not gotten worse over the last month, so I don't think the alternator is going bad as they usually die pretty quickly once they do in my experience with other vehicles.

Otherwise it runs like a top and is a ton of fun so far, really glad I finally got one.

Just been to a local miata meet.
Everyone is super nice and I could see that all of them loved their cars. It was cool to have a common ground with people you just met from the get go.

1) I've got the same thing in my '01, seems to be worse when it's warmer out but I haven't found anything solid that causes it to happen. My own research into it has shown about half the people who replace the clutch claim it's fixed, the other half say it's not fixed, so just rev the shit out of it. Personally I'd like to replace my clutch/flywheel regardless, but in the few months I've had mine it hasn't crapped out so far.

2) Check the basics, make sure your fuel lines aren't leaking, pull the carpet back over the fuel tank access port in the car, make sure you don't see any fresh gas leaking out of where the filler neck goes into the tank.

3) Again I've got the same thing. My first guess was fuel pressure regulator letting fuel leave the rail once the car was turned off, so the next time you go to start it you're effectively waiting for the rail to fill back up, but I haven't verified. Like the shuddering in #1 it hasn't left me stranded or been more than a minor annoyance, so I haven't worried about it.

>looked up the local miata club
>literally nothing but middle aged married couples and seniors having a happy hour every month

Well, I think i was the youngest there being 23.
Had no problem with it whatsoever - they were all very nice.

Thanks for the response, good to know that even though they're annoyances, those same issues haven't gotten worse for you yet. I also figured I'd replace the clutch, probably will wait a bit and get a lighter flywheel at the same time.

I have noticed that if I turn the key to on and leave it for a few moments before cranking it will usually start faster, so if that's sending power to the fuel pump/ regulator then you're probably right.

no aero for me

Can anyone here do me a really quick favor?
I don't know anyone around me who has a miata and I can't find any good references online.
I just swapped out my head gasket and after putting everything back together I realized I never took note of which order these hoses went in.

Can someone take a quick peak under their hood and tell me which hoses go where? Would be much appreciated.
I own a '93 NA

They're the same

Ok, so at about 150,000 miles, what kinds of should I be expecting from my new NB? It's rust free, has a great service record over 5 owners, and despite the tweaked bumper and hood, has a gorgeous interior that I genuinely cannot believe has had 5 different butts in it.
Frame is straight, but the bumper cover bracket is bent. I think the PO might have forgotten to clutch out and rolled into a pickup truck. Oh well. Mine now, time for rice.

Got it for a steal, traded my '13 Dodge Dart to a man who thinks he can reassemble FCA electronics and he gave me a loaded, slightly-dented Miata for the cost of registration and tax. The interior is Mazda Tan and black with a matching tonneau cover, it has the 1.8 and an LSD, and the top only has two holes in it!
:V

It handles beautifully and, even though I'm 6'2" it's almost perfectly comfy to drive, I just wish my knees had a little more hand clearance when turning the wheel. What's the best way to get more clearance between your legs and the wheel? Also, what's the best way to patch a roof?

*what kinds of oddities

also i meant clutch in but whatever
look at this sweet ass

a e s t h e t i c s

Mine pre-swap.

>post swap
OG roll call

Can someone explain the appeal of these fucking things to me please

They look like shit and I can't imagine they pull a lot of power, so seriously, am I missing out on something huge here? I'm open to the idea of an MX-5 but where I'm from they are strongly a "Hairdressers car"

Can someone sell me on this car? What is the big deal?

>looks like shit

MIATA A CUTE you faggot

also its a well balanced sporty car despite being a bit slow

tail end looks like shit though cmon

>easy to fix
>handles your face off
>looks silly already so nobody cares what you do to it
>making it faster doesn't reduce its abiliity to turn
>all the hairdressers drive SUVs now anyway

>looks cute, not silly
>power doesn't matter people upgrade these things all the time
>real men don't care about stereotypes
>godly handling
>cheap aftermarket

Are those pics on the parkway? I'm in Asheville and got my first NB recently. are the only oddities I've noticed somewhere with mine. Looks like you got an awesome deal!

*so far

I'm still here, picking it up in a few hours from the body shop, had some PDR work done to cure my autism.

Did you follow the existing cut out line from the exhaust, or go higher?

Tōge

Best plate. I am thinking about getting KAWAII, is that too gay?

dont

Yeah I already knew the answer. I need suggestions for something though.

Hey thanks so much.

what does pre or post swap mean?

God damn, these fastback hardtops make my top hard. What's the deal with the guy that makes these again? I heard it's a huge pain in the ass to get one.

that is a really bad photoshop

Hell yeah, Touge Country, USA.

Just off it going North from the Tunnel Road entrance. It wasn't fully open that day.

I get a little driveline shudder into 1st if I don't give it enough throttle, and it does seem to have a vague fuel smell after filling the tank all the way in particular. Interent research suggests this is fairly normal. I think it may be caused by an aging EVAP system. Gonna try and clean the intake manifold and see if that helps.

CCP fabrication or garage vary or used only pretty much

ive wanted to do SLOWTBH for a while

but honestly vanity plates that arent on a show car/ garage queen is extra gay imo

some tripfag got some decent pics of that car at a meet

s e x u a l

How effective would you think a Track Dog header blanket is for a hot side supercharger application?

it's basically a street legal go-kart that comes with a manual transmission which is fun and engaging for a lot of autistic people to use. if you're a normie/non-car enthusiast, then yeah the miata wont appeal.

also they handle really well even stock so they're fun to whip around corners

also they're dirt cheap and super reliable

in before I stickerbomb the hood with /osg/ slaps

>fun and engaging for a lot of autistic people to use.

that makes it sound like a four-wheeled autism spinner
kek

Zizin livery when

soon (tm)

need a hardtop first

I like this.

STOLEN FROM REDDIT

>had some PDR work done to cure my autism.
We are one. I've got tiny door dings from my time in public parking lots and one tiny hail/rock dent on the hood that drive me fucking nuts when I see the light reflect off of them. Thankfully my car is white so from more than 6 feet away it looks spotless. Do they typically charge per panel or per dent? I'm too scared to try working the dents out myself.

r/miata is the only subreddit i use and I dont even have an account.

Not everyone on there is cringeworthy suprisingly

Nice, yeah it's still closed from Rattlesnake Lodge to around Mt Mitchell right now, hoping they'll open it up this weekend so I can do some driving/ hiking. I threw some gopros on mine last fall and went up the parkway, got some great footage.

My throwaway email is xzylophone@gmail, drop me a line if you want to meet up sometime

Mine is black, so there was no escaping it. I was quoted for the entire car, but he said he was willing to just quote whatever I wanted fixed if that's how I wanted to do it. He was just going to hand me some painters tape and have me mark whatever I wanted.

I ended up doing the whole thing, I can't even tell you how many there were total. I know the hood alone had 30+ from parking under a buckeye tree, and some recent hail. The guy was a fucking wizard though, it looks better than I could have ever expected.

How much did that run you? I've got hail damage, already replaced the hood and trunk so i was thinking about PDR for the quarters, doors, and fenders

$900. I think I got a pretty crazy deal, considering the sheer amount on the hood, upper fenders and deck lid. I also had a huge dent in the rear quarter that I had quoted a long time ago at a few places for a minimum of $250. But he took care of everything, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

you going to the App/o/lachian meet?

You're friends with Kip?

That fag should have just bought an NB if he dislikes the lights.

Did someone say aggressive aero ?

Whats a good price I should be paying for a Mazdaspeed suspension setup to put on my NA8?
And where are some good places to be looking for them?

i have been lurking the miata dot net for sale section for about 2 weeks or so but havent found anything. When I do what would be max I should consider spending on a good set?
Also, are there any sites that just sell the set for a set price?

Anybody know where I can get aftermarket parts for a '91 Miata. Flyin' Miata has basically nothing.

Why do you keep posting my buddy's NC in these threads you fucking weirdo

followed existing line

What the fuck are you looking for?

BADADUM DUM DUM

What size tires are those familia

Was thinking about it, it's a little far though

garbage

195/60/14

Hello. To anyone with an NA, I need some help. I have these two wires that look like ground, and my service manual isn't very specific on them with no pictures at that. I didn't take note of where they went before hand and if they were touching or not. Idk if they're both ground so I don't want to try overlapping them. Can anyone take a quick gander under their hood for me please?

I also have one more plug I can't find the socket to. It might be the alarm but I want to ask if anyone else has this. Going to post it as a reply to this.

She thicc. Same wheel and tire setup I want. I'm going to pretty much copy pic related's everything. Do the 195's feel much different than 185's or have you been running the same size all along?

>just want it to be warm out so I can drive around and listen to Salad Days
>still only in the 20s-30s outside

15x8 or 14x8?

I really want a set of 15x8's for my '01 but I believe I have the sport brake package and I can't find a 100% answer that says they clear the brakes.

Wait, I just saw your answer on tire size, they're 14's. Duh.

It's hard to say because I had some suspension work done at the same time I got my wheels and tires mounted but it's definitely a better ride than the stock 14's with 185's.

Mazdaspeed bodykits make me hard

>Salad Days
Bad taste, faggot. Find better music, user.

Other than that, I hope the temperature rises so that you can start driving again!

It's like one of those 'spot the differences' games but there are too many.

Top was 2008. Bottom was an hour ago.

Absolute most you'd pay for a clean na/nb -150k miles. Asking cuz gf decided she wants one too we can afford an ND for her

God, I want a Miata so fucking badly.

I dunno whether to spend 1200 on insurance and tires for spring or not drive for a month or two and get a Miata

never would expect someone here to listen to meme demarco. Ive seen him live twice. Very Comfy.

>stop liking what I don't like

Cheap, light, rear wheel drive, shitloads of parts easily available, engines can handle far more power than they make as standard and just all round good fun. Ive recently bought my first one and love driving it, it feels like cars used to before they got bogged down with safety features and electronics. Its raw and fun and from the driving seat you dont care that everyone else thinks you look gay

Lemme guess, Daytona Beach Miatas? They're exactly what you just described.

I live in Orlando and go to the Orlando Roadsters meets every month that I get the chance, and it's always a pretty chill scene. Everyone there is around my age (22) and up, mainly because it's 10 minutes west of UCF.

My car is exactly the same as yours except I have fog lights and my clearcoat is fuckin shot.

Swap hoods w/me and sticker bomb my shitty looking one instead

You sure? My hood was straightened and repainted in a shed by some NC hillbillies.

This thread is probably right place to ask this...

2001 miata automatic (I'm learning 5 speed don't worry)

What kind of transmission fluid do I use? Just got the car few days ago and didn't come with owners manual. Would like to figure out what I need before I get to the store. Busy busy , also Google hasn't given me a definitive answer

Just needing to add some transmission fluid as its fairly low. I'll completely change it out when I has free time.

Thanks in advance!

Is a miata an affordable DD in Europe?

not really
just get a proper shitbox

Why tho?