/ng/ - Nioh General

Oda Nobunaga, pronounced "Handsome Cunt" edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Other urls found in this thread:

sp.live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv290522784
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDSK8VdWrk
freshlive.tv/koeitecmo/86093
reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/5v4pfm/pvp_incoming_april/
pastebin.com/sdQ4hu2i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Official Nioh stream

【ニコ生】sp.live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv290522784
【YouTube】m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDSK8VdWrk
【Fresh!】freshlive.tv/koeitecmo/86093

starts in 10 mins

please add harder difficulty and pvp

whats the second sword up buff?

the hints are all in the webm find it yourself

you actually wasted time by casting sloth

I don't get it.

>wow a spell is being cast it must be sloth no question!!!!

my mistake. you still have sloth equipped though. and three of them at that
That means I can still look down on you even though I made an error
[raughs]

sloth equipped is always the best option so your revenant has it to annoy people more

funny you would think I need it when I can kill every boss in under 5 seconds in ng+

What pieces of gear can get critical dmg reduction? I need to know, I've only gotten it on one piece so far.

>three
two*

>I only have it for my revenant!
sure thing pal

what the second buff tell me.

are you implying that I need sloth to kill anything in this game when I can kill everything in 5 seconds? uhh ok :^)

That was 7 seconds though.

How do you get the key in the twilight spider lily?

Accessories can get it, they can also get improve critical effects.
It can only be reforged onto chest pieces.
But with divine gear its different because it has familiarity so with some effort you can find armor effects that only appear on specific types of armor and soul match it onto all your other stuff.
So hunt down divine chest pieces with critical dmg reduction, max their familiarity and soul match it onto all your other armor pieces.

With 60%+ critical dmg reduction and 75%+ special effects critical from saoirse and fanatic set I wonder what happens because you'll potentially have over 100% damage reduction when at 30% hp

you still have sloth unlocked and equipped after what must have been more than 1 respecs.
that tells me you used it at some point before you got a 320 weapon to trivialize the game further.
I just can't take "for my revenant" as an excuse

Thanks for the tip, that's what I'm trying to do. Will def farm divine chests.

how many more times do I have to kill master dual swordsman faggot for his weapon smithing text

What is the trick to beating Oda and his wife fast on way of the warrior? I want to farm divine +3/4/5's from them

You get ridiculously tanky, like 75% damage reduction tanky

I use it to farm the 1v2 bosses faster for +5/+6 gear, doesn't mean I can't do them without it just faster to kill them

only reason you should hate on sloth is people who use it on first playthrough

I also have the fire mask in my equip bar most of the time so my revenant uses that too, are you going to cal out for cheesing umi bozu with that now? because I have it equip? :^)

>320 weapon
using 150 sorry

How do you farm the 2v1 bosses senpai? I want the +5 gear from them.

Yokai realm with a companion and farm them with someone else it's faster if you can't do it solo, can get +6's

HHRAAAAAA

I like her, though not as much as I like Okatsu(best girl)

Kaido axe text took me a while

Probably because you cant have a spirit for bonus drop rates

Yuki-onna doesn't aggro if you debuff her

You should have more than enough time to kill her after slothing them both. Just use low stance and spam square and dodges behind her, thne do the same to Nobunaga. If she does a good attack you can kill her with a skill.

it isnt showing up in mission select for yokai realm, do i have to have beaten it solo for it to show up first?

>Spider's Leg Husk for my fire 2kat
How about you go fuck yourself, Tome.

Just got carried through a twilight mission.
What a rush!

obviously i thought you just wanted to farm faster

is this stream going to announce anything

how would you even know if they did? isn't it japanese?

what stream?

in previous streams they've had some announcement towards the very end

I don't know maybe the one linked at the start of the thread no no that can't be it...

Does Life +33 only mean an extra 33 health? That's pretty shit.

they're playing with viewers on stream and they called it musou because it's so easy
the other guy is punching enemies for 10k damage

Okatsu is a lowly concubine
Yuki is top waifu

Tome is best girl in an objective sense.

funny because nobunaga didn't care a bout lady no and had a concubine himself

what do you mean if you debuff her? If you mean elemental debuff that doesnt work, unless you mean yin yang her./

Is it worth mixing sets?

ie; 4 Iga pieces and 2 Red Demon or Otani's set and Saikas rifle + sword.

>O-Scales
>For each piece

I'd totally choke fuck Tome, shit is inexcusable.

>Not Ginchyo

WILL IS IN MUSOU NOW!

FUCK YES.

if i soul match a lvl 120 weapon with a lvl1 weapon to get the inheritable ability from the level 1 weapon, will it negatively impact the stats on the weapon? i've heard it will.

if it doesn't i'll save every piece with good inheritables, but at the moment i'm not because i heard it can lower the weapon stats.

weakness and sloth the only 2 debuffs worth using

So Willy confirmed for musou stars.

william is going to be in musou stars

He literally mentioned Sloth.
Also, weakness talisman.

is that asian geralt

Actually, it's Asian Stalin.

Literally.

It's exactly where it is in the normal one.

How to get revenants to respawn?

Almost all top position lords have concubine. Maybe nobunaga just didn't impregnant her because pregnancy would ruin a woman's look. Imagine if you have a 10/10 waifu then a bunch of other 8-9/10 as mistresses. You would impregnant the 8-9 just to pass on your gene and have heirs but not the 10 to keep her value a bit longer.

More like nip hitler. He wil

> SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI

I get you're Japanese, but please stop.

They both literally wish they were as awesome and successful as oda.

>have this weird autism where I must offer all the armor I'm not using instead of breaking it down
I dunno why. I think it's cause that's how I farmed amrita in the alpha.

I got it after 40 minutes. Stacked 58% human item drop rate and had like +80 luck. Keep it up user.

Her tits are MASSIVE. She is putting Fuku to shame.

Its okay. I keep every first new piece of armor i find like some sort of irresponsible pokemon trainer who fills up the PC with junk catches.
Is that an orange-tier unusual armor chest? Why yes it is! Why do i keep it in my storehouse depsite it being 80 levels below me? Fuck you.

finally beat oda and his waifu on hard mode, anyone wanna coop with me so i can farm +5 divines from them?
password would be VIDYA

Pretty new to the game, but I just got a smithing text from bat bitch that let me make a hat with an effect that says "close combat attack (enemy paralyzed) 47.8%
What the fuck does this mean?

PVP coming in april

From stream:
Free updates coming.
End of march: very high difficulty mission
End of april: pvp mode

>April
fuck

Each time you hit an enemy with melee, it stacks a paralysis effect.

That means you would do 47.8% more damage to an enemy who is paralyzed.

Press the option button.

fucking cool

Nah. Same shit with enma when you get a good look at their models. They're big A's or really small B's but they have 4 thick layers of cloth in that area from the overlapping kimono and underlayer then those layers bulge out at the bust and hips from the sash wrapping. They both literally have no hips, ass, or tits and fuku is the only one we can look at and definitively know she's stacked and has an ass.

Dragon of the north DLC in april

Thanks for the tip

Is there any point to pumping your weapon's damage scaling stat?

Endgame weapons seems to have ~1000-1500 damage. So does it really matter if you get an extra 100-200 damage from scaling?

Why not just get minimum stat requirements, and then pump Onmyo / Spirit for living weapon shenanigans?

For example, I see no reason why people are going 99 stamina for heavy armor with Axe. It barely increases your damage, it increases all your skill points. And you're at B agility, not A.

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/5v4pfm/pvp_incoming_april/

really makes you think

very sad
this game won't live long enough for the pvp to come out

>high difficulty mission
let me guess, three bosses at once

>Guide being released
Fucking thank you.

Kodama and Springs are going to be fun now.

This isn't For Honor lol.

I really don't see how the fuck they're going to balance the PvP. This shit is a clusterfuck right now. It's just gonna be parry city with stacked backstab damage one shotting everybody.

excellent, I havent yet bought it and now I can buy it during April and have PVP come out right as I hit endgame.

???

I found every Kodama using a hat with Kodama Sense, and visited all but one spa blindly.

why is date on the cover when we're on his side?

Does anybody have a full list of the agyo/ungyo titles? Im missing two

With all the locks you get you have enough points to get some decent Onmyo/Ninjutsu at 15 and the difference between 25 spirit and 99 spirit is negligible. Why not put it into something you actually use?

You can further increase the scaling bonus by rolling another scaling stat as a special effect. It's purple rarity.

Nioh's not For Honor. Copies are still being sold enough that retailers are running out of stock unlike For Honor's preorder crowd dying off and sales plummeting once they found out its literally Battleborn 2.0.
dojo with dojo gear duels for one mode and no-holds bring your 320 +12 2kats for another. Keeps shit civil enough without having to nerf shit and ruin the PVE experience accordingly a la Destiny.

because we'll obviously fight him either in a main mission or a side mission
and everyone will be running around transformed as date

>le deefecoolty
>uses buffs and +10 weapons

I hope Seiryu is useful

blame the devs for the loot system

>blame the devs for fag using OP shit and complaining about difficulty

Here's a list of unique dev kabutos and where to get them. It's incomplete.

1) "Running Water Maedate Kabuto" location : "The Trail of the Master" sub mission in "Tokai" region

2) "Water Buffalo Horn Kabuto" location : "Memories of Death-Lilies" main mission in "Tokai" region...

3) "Shuri-no-suke's Kabuto" location : unknown

4) "Golden Shachi Zudate Kabuto" location : unknown

5) "Koreto-hyuga's Kabuto" location : unknown

6) "Khakkara Ushirodate Kabuto" location : "The Ogress" submission in Kinki Region

7) "Rabbit Ear Wakidachi Kabuto" location : "Sekigahara" main mission in "Sekigahara" region

8) "Rabbit Ear Kabuto" location : "The Samurai from Sawayama" main mission in "Omi" region

9) "Butterfly kabuto" is obtainable from revenant in wrecked ship (where flying bolt is) in "The Conspirators" sub mission in "Chugoku" region

10) "Female Demon Visor" location: the iga escape

11) "Wakan kabuto" location: bridge of bone

Look for revenants with red names and they should drop unique helmets.

Here's a pastebin for the OP if anyone wants to include it next time. pastebin.com/sdQ4hu2i

Not even +10, the thing that breaks it are double attack buff and defense debuff

Could do same with +0

yes you blame the devs, they should have gave ng+ enemies more hp if they give us good equipment in ng+ this easy

they barely even playtested ng+ it seems like

yes let's blame the player for playing the game the way it's meant to be played instead :-)

Was it not the devs who put that shit in the game, retard?

>give enemies even more hp so you have to use buffs to do damage to normal mobs
Yeah the amount of retarded shit i hear in this general is astounding
Nothing wrong with playing the game, complaining about playing the game is wrong. You wnat challenge then do a fist only run or don't use divines, wow it was hard

>give enemies even more hp so you have to use buffs to do damage to normal mobs
the problem is the pointless loot system that allows stupid shit like that

b8

>You wnat challenge then do a fist only run
>fists do 10k damage per hit
woah
what a challenge

>fists do 10k damage per hit
ebin