/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Daruk Edition

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/274391-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-aonuma-on-link-s-iconic
youtube.com/watch?v=LLe9e2Md-kY&ab_channel=GameXplain
youtu.be/LLe9e2Md-kY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

X for Zelda being a Machiavellian villain

I WANT TO FUCK FI

I doubt it. If she were she'd at least try to gather the Tri Force but when it's whole she never wishes on it barring that time in A Link Between Worlds and when it's not she's content with only having the Wisdom

bump

fifth for true rito

Oh shit

Did we get more footage?

>implying Zelda wouldn't be given the tri-force of power in one incarnation and be the big bad

Reminder that Sheik is MALE, MALE, MALE

IT'S ALMOST TIME
WE ARE SO CLOSE

I strongly suppose that rather will be Revali. If you can believe his jap description page.

Post translations

It's very vague but it sounds suspicious enough, literally it reads like:
"He wears the same blue cloth as Daruk and Mifa, but..."

By the way, about 3gb install data on WiiU version - japanese game description clearly states that it is an install data that loads from the disk. YOU DON"T HAVE to download any updates from the internet.

I didn't think anyone would have been retarded enough to think you'd need to download install data from the internet.

Probably trying to avoid spoilers I'm more suspicious of the Gerudo lady due to how little we've heard about them and yet how prominently they were shown in that trailer. The same applies to the Great Fairy, we can clearly something good from her but what is the question

Yeah, day one patches are like big foot, a myth.

>3gb day one patch that they announced before the game went gold

>LOZg almost dying
Woah there!

why are their legs so small?

power to weight ratio

>mfw no cute birb girls

I want her to appear in the next zelda games ;__;

How many birds have you seen that don't have stubby legs?

I want to see that ass

Question for the scholars:
Did Ganon ever hold the whole triforce?
Doesn't the triforce of wisdom automatically make you a good guy, even if you have the triforce of power?

flamingos
storks
emus
ostrich
crane

ALttP and no, why the fuck would it?

I think the triforces are tied to there respective incarnations. So Zelda can't have the triforce of power, link can't have the triforce of wisdom and Ganon can't have the triforce of courage.

I believe he had it in ALttP and WW, although in WW he got BTFO by the Hyrule king.

I don't think he's ever wielded the entire Triforce; at the most, Yuga-Ganon wielded Wisdom and Power. That also answers your second question, in that no, it doesn't automatically make you good. You can be wise and still be evil.

Well I was wrong, he did use it in ALttP.

Aunoma has a tendency of creating characters with big bodies and short legs. This kind of design has been going since WW (although, we did had some characters with short legs and muscly/obese body before that too). I heard it is done that way, so to catch attention and make people appreciate more the characters.

If short legs are considered issue or not, I don't care. I still like most of characters BotW has been presenting, especially Kass, the old man, Darukeru and Reebal.

I think there's an enemy on Zelda 2 which is an anthro. bird with normal-sized legs and body.

I don't really think just knowing everything makes you automatically a good guy.

>Did Ganon ever hold the whole triforce?
IIRC, Ganon locked the Triforce on the central pyramid on ALTTP, meaning that he may have used it on some point, and in WW, he almost got the Triforce, until the Hyrule king back him off.

>The game releases
>Inside it there's no hint whatsoever on where it takes place in the timeline besides what they already said in interviews
I don't care about timeline but even this would be too cruel, would feel bad for those who care.
I'm writing this because there's an possibility of this happening. Be prepared.

Because logic? I dunno.
Wise people are good guys

Eh, SS kind of ruined the timeline logic for me. Extremely unsatisfying plot, I'd be fine with them ignoring it in this one.

>the old woman talking about the royal family and ganon is a big hint as to when this game is happening

that reply shouldn't be there

Zelda is going to watch you die.
I wonder what it'll be like when she sees you again

zelda is gonna take you to the resurrection chamber and tuck you in

>Wise people are good guys
you're pretty naive user

>Mipha
Would've preferred "Mifa" to be honest.

>playing with the english dub
ayy lmao

Zelda is going to watch you fuck Malon. Pointy eared cuck.

Is the Switch being sold out a giant lie? will I be able to get on day 1 in the U.S.?

Some stores like ToysRus don't take preorders so you can go there, camp out, punch out some people and get one.

Dawn of The 11th day
-252 Hours Remain-

Remember when we were at 1000 hours?
Good times

Embargo lifts in 3 days

So the game leaks in 3 days, neat

I DO, IT WAS RIGHT AFTER THE MARCH 3RD RELEASE DATE WAS REVEALED. MY EYED WERE WIDE, MY IMAGINATION RAN WILD, I HAD A RAGING STIFFY, AND THE TRAILER WAS BEING PLAYED O LN REPEAT.

I WAS, IN A WORD...HYPED.

I thought that was for the Switch

SOON

>laser tentacle monster amiibo
FOR
WHAT
PURPOSE

How long until we get r34 of Zelda orLlink getting tentacle raped by a guardian(s)?

I'm surprised it haven't happened yet actually.

>Switch (red + blue joycon)
>Pro controller
>BotW special edition

Who /patrician/ here?

> (red + blue joycon)
> /patrician/

Wii U is the patrician choice

>mfw all gray NX
>no extra controller
>BotW normal edition

This is the real patrician choice fampai desu

SPOILERS

I guess

gonintendo.com/stories/274391-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-aonuma-on-link-s-iconic
Aonuma confirms the green tunic

Wii U 8gb model
Wii U pro
regular edition of BotW

>people retarded enough to need confirmation of this

For those who are lazy:
>Naturally, there’s lot of different pieces of clothing for Link, and yes, you will be able to wear the iconic green tunic.
How many of you are gonna gun for it when the game comes out next week? I know I am

There's a lot of people who think this game finally does away with it. It's our responsibility to educate them

I'd rather wear the Switch shirt

This, I'm buying the DLC as soon as I get a prompt in game

I read "link is sonic" in the link

Remember, that flower is central to the plot. hence why it's on the logo.

Yes, between OoT and during ALttP.
No, why would it? Also, there's no good/bad if you're not a Hyliafag.

>I think the triforces are tied to there respective incarnations. So Zelda can't have the triforce of power, link can't have the triforce of wisdom and Ganon can't have the triforce of courage.
No. How could they ever gather the complete Triforce if that were the case?

Also, a Link had the Triforce of Wisdom. Same Link obtained the Triforce of Courage later.

So here's your options:
1. Carry on browsing /lozg/, watching Youtube and generally partaking of the internet
2. Lock yourself away until you've beaten the story and come back for screts/true ending
3. Unsubscribe and filter your Youtube, get yourself banned from Veeky Forums and avoid any game related media until you've 100% the game
4. I can do one better [state in post]

I dropped the post link

4. Play video games.

I'll do two, but I want to find out at least 50-60% of the game myself.

Recommend me a shooter to waste my time on

Doom 2016 was pretty good. Or you could always go with Link's Crossbow training

Already did one and can't do the other, rip

For a game prone to spoilers which is already out in Japan but not outside I just stopped Veeky Forums except one particular general very self contained, muted some people on twitter and stopped reading comments on game sites even more than before. The latter is a good thing and should be done at all times.
Finding secrets by yourself is much better.
I'll only come abck in these generals, assuming I do, after I tried everything I could think of myself to get secrets.

As long as everyone uses spoiler tags propely, there shouldn't be any problem browsing this general.

from what I've seen spoiler tags are used for days maybe a week and then things just get discussed openly without a care in the world

M'dick

So think we'll see a Wii U leak this week?

It seems people got the Switch version frist, so no pirating for you.

>LEAK WHEN
>WHEN DO YOU THINK WE'LL SEE A LEAK
>GAME LEAKED CHECK OUT THIS TOTALLY REAL VID
>SO WHERE ARE THE LEAKS

Yeah, poorfags are annoying.

4. crack open the game guide on launch day and find gameplay spoilers on my own, then play the game.

>has the switch, botw special edition, two pro controllers, and all 5 amiibo on their way for launch day.
i still want leaks so nintendo can stop with this information chokehold shit theyre doing.

That was gamexplain which basically means: it's fucking nothing.

>information chokehold shit
It's called "not ruining the game and its surprises to everyone", fuckhead.
And literally every developer ever does it.

Caml down, it's just a game, and it's scheduled to come out in less than two weeks now.

Sometimes leaks help the consumer. I was actually interested in Horizon Zero Dawn but the leaks both gameplay and story made me change my mind entirely

I think at the very least we should see more gameplay. I thin they've shown enough story that anymore would ruin it

Just watched an unboxing vid, saw a brief glimpse of the back of the guardian amiibo box, it looks like you get a sheikah magic arrow from it?

In the UK, the Neon Red/Blue console seems to be sold out on Amazon, the Nintendo store, and several other retailers, but the Grey console seems widely available. I managed to preorder one in a store today, less than two weeks before launch.

pics or it didnt happen

GIVE NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=LLe9e2Md-kY&ab_channel=GameXplain

youtu.be/LLe9e2Md-kY
At about 2:15

Can't screenshot on mobile unfortunately

There's a gamexplain unboxing, but he's not allowed to show it, I think.
I didn't bother listening to him.

>Energy Arrows
>Guardian gears and loot
>Misc
>Chest
Called it

That pikmin looks fucking terrified.

tfw Andre is probably playing BotW right at this moment as I type this and we have to wait 11 more days.

If you think about it, Nintendo employees got to play it months ago.