2016 was the best year of its history for Porsche...

>2016 was the best year of its history for Porsche. The car manufacturer pays a sumptuous premium of 9111 euros to its 21,000 employees. At Mercedes was significantly less spent.
>The figure is an allusion to the sports car model 911. The bonus is given to 21,000 employees at the German Porsche sites, whether it be an engineer, employees at the production line, Wachmann, canteen staff or cleaning woman. By way of comparison: Daimler's Daimler paid his employees 5400 euros extra .

Amazing! It's great that Porsche appreciate their employees, and their hard work.

If you're interested in reading a bit more, here is the news article
welt.de/wirtschaft/article163062200/Porsche-Mitarbeiter-bekommen-Riesen-Bonus.html
It's in German but you can easily translate with Google Chrome.

As far as I know Mercedes also gave their workers a large bonus. It's possible that any company under VW did but I am not completely sure.

im gay

That's nice, must take some of the sting off of not being able to afford the cars you make.

There are plenty of things that the workers cannot afford that they make at their jobs. Take a look at planes, heavy equipment, large boats, and etc.

That's a nice thing to do, 191 million go figure.
I respect the guy that sat at that meeting table and said "you know what, let's leave over some crumbles for the people who actually do the work".

I mean, it's not like there aren't good affordable Porsches in the second hand market. If you work in building these cars then you're probably enough of an enthusiast to enjoy a moderately cheap 1980s transaxle as well.

To be fair Porsche is just a hedge fund that happens to make cars on the side.

holy shit that is one old school pre-"top text bottom text" meme

thank you for the nostalgia user

A 996 or a first gen Boxster isn't all that expensive either, you could probably buy one with some saving throughout the course of an year.

I would say more then crumbles user, but yes I agree with you. Very respectable.

No problem man.

No matter what anyone says Porsche is probably my favorite car brand. They're expensive, yes, but you can get EXACTLY what you want and you always know EXACTLY what you're getting. They're not that much more expensive than their counterparts but they make so much more money. I think the best part is that Porsche makes some serious dough off of their cars so they don't have to depend on VW or Audi's profits in order to fund their own...

i love porsche

This is about porsche the manufacturer and not about Porsche SE.

Well, they are Germans, who strongly believe in the power of a team, so they can beat the odds.

>first gen boxster
You couldn't pay me to own that ugly shit box.

996 is fine though.

>Affordable
Is this true? If I bought an old Boxster it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain?

Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and audi do that every year. Dieselgate kinda fucked Audi's profit sharing tho

True. But workers don't travel to work (usually) in planes, heavy equip, large boats etc. Most of us travel by car and I'm guessing most Porsche employees use a car to get to work at the car factory. Desire to own one is presumably high and it must be kind of silly to travel by Fiat to go build Porsches then ultimately drive home end of day in the Fiat

That is just how it is man. Porsche wouldn't be in business if they had to pay every worker enough to be able to afford one of their vehicles.

how much would employee pricing be though if such a thing even exists for high end cars like this

Yes. Horribly expensive to perform more than simple maintenance. That being said, I still see armless legless people out in public so it must be worth it to some

An assembly line worker earns like 3k after taxes. Sure that's not porsche money but they don't have to drive fiat shitboxes

>If I bought an old Boxster it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain?
Not necessarily, at least not if you immediately fix the infamous IMS failure issue. It would still take some budget to keep it in shape but then again, you could probably afford it on a medium working wage.

Good question, can't even begin to fathom. Porsche seems to have good luck selling most of what they make year after year so if they did offer some discount it would have to be from pure corporate benevolence

Boxsters are cursed with IMS failure as well? Thought it was just 996

I should probably lurk moar

About $1,000 to maintain assume you are keeping it pristine at the stealership. If you let stuff slide its cheaper.

I think i'm getting one assuming my wife allows.

The problem isn't htat its hard to maintain its just the guys working the shop know you have money and will charge you mre.

They're both plagued with IMS failure, sadly. Still moderately reliable once that is fixed though.

I looked it up. From the Porsche hiring website:

"We offer many employees the possibility to experience the fascination of Porsche outside of the workplace with one of our company or rental cars. In addition, we offer all employees an attractive offer of selected rental cars out of the Volkswagen programme."

Seems ambiguous. Sounds like "if you come build porsches for us we'll give you a solid deal on a VW Polo"

Well yeah no shit when they make $17,000 per car AFTER all the bills are taken car of, they can afford it.

Wonder why they didn't give more...Wonder where the other $16000 is going....really making me think here.

Really such a great looking car. Even with the stupid stripes. I don't know if they're worth the asking price currently but man. I hope somewhere there's a dude who got one from the factory and thrashes it on a daily basis

I love the design also, agreed that the paint job is stupid.

The money is payed out to shareholders as it should be.

The new boxsters are fast as fuck the S model will run mid 11s and 0-60 in the 3 second range
2.5L turbo flat fours lol

I want to get a basic 911 Carrera model but I just got a car 6 months ago and its tiring getting killed in paying sales tax / car value lowering over time

I really wish the nicer car companies worked with you a lot more

They don't because they don't have to. Agreed though, it sucks actually signing up and agreeing to get fucked slow