>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Roguelike News:

Latest Infra Arcana build:
jii.moe/ry6i-QmPe.7z

New IVAN update: 0.5.8, adds a new dungeon, a new win condition, new god effects, new items and bugfixes:
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

Poschengband update to 5.0.5:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8223

Poschengband 5.05 competition:imp skillmaster:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=201

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previously:

first for wizlabs are dumb

Scatological RL when?
Should I make a Boogerman RL?

>splat my amberite archaeologist like a retard
They seem a bit like rogues, except they use crappy weapons instead of daggers. Better than I expected, at least.

Take pity on those who have forgotten the snozz, for the snozz has not forgotten them.

What perks should I pick as a OWH force user?

I can improve.
I did luck out with a room full of panlords and one of uniques though.

care to discuss?

>no ASCII
No

The correct way to play OWH is to take zero perks and no dvault.

whose face is that in the OP?

err why is there a pack of yaks on D:5?

Pretty excited to try out the new god in trunk, even if he doesn't have the dancing weapons thing anymore.

>ascended to divinity after battling their way out of the afterlife

Tactical martial arts straight outta cdda? Do want.

But the weapons where the cool part
Now everything is automated and ends up being "lol move around"

more like outta sil

elona
DF

*bezots aggressively towards u*

It actually happened. They added something fun.

I'm whirlwinding through Lair in spider form and everything around me withers and dies.

>moving is fun

>D3 Hippogriph
>not even 300 turns into D3
Is there a 33% chance of this happening or am I just that lucky?

The freest of freexp

speed 10, normal attacks, fat with low ac and ev, easily taken down with 1 combat consumable for 2 free levels at that point

I'm envious

>NaWn
I read-id'd teleport.

yup

Offline trunk or experimental?

He's officially in trunk now, in the latest version at least.

>no dancing weapons
im piss

It isn't a freexp if you need to use a consumable

*gently lunge stabs your 1 (one) tum tummy*

tummies are NOT for gentle

Degenerates, the lot of you.

Item degradation is too much I think. I've only been able to beat shattered variant as a result. Part of this is me being a shitter but still, I don't see how it improves the game. It really sucks for things like rings as before you might consider putting one or two enchants into a good ring but now you need to save all of them for weapon and armour.
Also I think the item destruction mechanism is too harsh. Early on stepping on a flame trap can be game ending if you get unlucky and it takes out too many good scrolls.
But I still play it since there aren't many options for mobile roguelikes.

>Try to fight icky caves boss
>AC goes from 59 to 42 as he ruins half of my armor slots
fuck
time to look for more unruinable shit

Hope your runs have been good anons and remember to take it easy and nice and slow! Check your options, your inventory, everything before you do anything and try not to splat!
And even if you splat, remember to learn from your splats and improve for later on!

consumables other than tele, blink, and haste don't matter

I wonder if an Ogre with GSC can attack at 1.0 speed while not having the required skill to swing it at 1.0 due to IJC whirlwind passives.

And what about a Centaur with a scythe?

>learn from your splats
no
learning is for fags

No, the IJC attacks are scaled based on your weapon's attack speed.

You can enchant them back up in town.

Is it supposed to be several thousand just to get them back up to zero? Besides, I'd rather not have the exact same thing happen in 5 minutes.

if it's just random {good} shit then it's not worth it unless you're rich as fuck somehow

but if there are ego items you want to keep for a while then you might as well enchant them

and of course ammo/shooters scale incredibly well with enchantment so if you're ever playing an archer you should max-enchant your bow and a few arrows ASAP

fuck off dumb animeposter. Maj. Actaeon is a viable tank for anomaly and I refuse to think otherwise.

yeah I'm still trying to finish the marilith challenge
One of them gives me blindness resist, but the others are mostly useless aside from maybe 1 resist that I haven't seen any benefit from yet.

>marilith challenge
Old and busted.
The new hot stuff is doppelganger imitator now.

Angwil's paladin guild seems to be somewhat cheaper, but I tend to avoid doing icky caves until I have at least two pips of rAcid (or mainly egos/artifacts that can't melt) because it's still annoying.

>ferret is nerfing Orb and other relics starting kits next update
fuck me lads. I think they're fine as is conceptually and it's just a few abilities like Ice Ring that are a bit too strong. If your anything but Orb, it can be really expensive to pick up new skills on the first few floors due to low a low amount of credits which prohibits character builds.

Acid resist (aside from immunity) doesn't actually protect worn armor from being damaged.

You probably still want at least double resist so ubbo doesn't destroy your entire inventory though.

Huh, it doesn't? I thought it was in the same type of category as potion shattering. Guess I just tend to have acidproof gear at that point.

Anyone here playing Tales of Maj'eyal? I just started playing, any tips you could give me? I'm totally new to the genre.

Nah acid has two separate effects. It reduces armor plusses regardless of resist (but is blocked by immunity or by Hephaestus parentage)
and it causes inventory destruction which IS blocked by resistance
if you ever played an archer with sub-65 acid resist you'll know what i'm talking about with the absurd about of arrows being destroyed whenever you get hit

do some/all of the low-level dungeons first before heading onto the tier 2 dungeons

i think the game gives you a quest to go to places like the maze or the volcano ASAP but you really shouldn't go there right after beating your first boss

Assuming your playing 4, what you want to do is do quite a few low level dungeons before moving on to tier 2. I would recommend Old Forest->Maze (If A variant)->Sandworm lair-> Maze (if B variant)-> Daikara for tier 2 dungeons. Maze B is very tough imo for magic users as the boss has a grappaling ability that will almost certainly stun and fuck you fuck more than the minotaur in Maze A.
Archmage is a really good class with lots of versatility and spells to choose from and is fun to play.

Alright I'll focus on tier 1 dungeons then. Playing a dwarf bulkwark atm (I know I'm boring, but I'm sure that's the easiest class for new players).

Grab a tier 3 shield (ideally with some elemental damage on hit) from Last Hope or Zigur as soon as you can.

Did they make the jiyva temple appear more often?

We ancient multi-hued dragons now son

cavalry? neato

The UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS version was a lot more fun.
Still decent.

what have they done to angwil anyway, it never was full of packs of mad bears how it is nowadays

Being able to jump from wall to wall to outsmart speed 10 monsters is pretty neat.

you mean well-fed actaeon

better download the current version now before he slaps every build with the nerf hammer

I think wilderness spawns just got cranked generally. You see it in other towns as well.

Angwil was always a death trap since I started 6 months ago

apparently it's too expensive to build a wall like with other towns, they'd rather just have phase spiders and ogres and bears all over the place

i see

i recall it was noticeably different in ~4.0.0 or so

I believe you mean well fed Artemis
What do you guys think of Ilombas? I've never bothered with them but going through the codex I realized that they look like decent front liners due to only weakness to light and decent spread of stats

>start with faeire because they're rare and want a lifegiver faerie early on for Actaeon
>a lifegiver faerie spawns on T:2
this is the run lads. Never made it farther than Tower 15 but I can do this.

those are the snaeks right? I never bothered with them either

Is this the original version? I've been that far but no way picked up that many potions of healing.... or much of anything remotely useful to be honest

When I was a kid, this was a peaceful neighbourhood....

No bully! Remember, take is slow and easy and dont bully other anons in here!

i will never stop bully

Any tips for DrTm in DCSS?
I try to skip spider and ice forms to go straight for blade hands with some snake summons but I'm not sure if I'm being fucktarded in doing so.

I'm also putting points into DEX, baseline INT should be enough up to dragon form, right?
Maybe I should put points into STR instead if I eventually find statue form.

Dragonform cares only about str, not dex
statueform cares only about str, not dex
bladehands is the only tmut that gets damage from dex
and even for that str is equally as valuable as dex

felidragons are the best dragons

also... blade paws!

GET FUCKED Viktard, first time successfully linking him. Arcadia also spawned so I'm going to have a memedancer and a memetank

You should!

Fuck I've just found out that STR is as important as DEX for aux attacks, I thought that only DEX mattered and also didn't check for the formular on anything but blade hands.

Thanks user, at this point they might as well remove DEX.

>died to the variant maintainer's bugs after running out of potions
I have no idea how to start classes that have no options besides smashing their mediocre melee into monsters and hoping they come out victorious.

PCB:
If I have a unique mount, and then dismiss it, will I encounter it again later?

You can always shoot hydras/dragons for xp and then run away to not die.

Yes, but why not just capture ball it?

>have access to infinite teleportation
>have access to infinite potions
>die

that's my /rlg/

Someone a few threads ago was saying that corpses aren't worth it due to the encounters being toughened up, however I got emit sparks and expel from corpses along with an Easg Saint so I feel that they're worth it to an extent. Feel like I'm lacking fire damage and resistance though so I'm a bit worried about Fotias going into anomaly

If I find an artifact early, doing its guaranteed spawn (dungeon boss or quest) generates a randart of the same type, right?

You should be OK in Anomaly with that party. Just dismiss whenever necessary.

Yeah. Especially useful with the phial since the original does nothing notable beyond saving an inventory slot.

Indeed. I'm quite happy with my phial replacement for the time being.

Cloning pits dropped both ele branding gauntlets, which means killing Utgard-Loke may actually be worth doing.

gee I wonder what's the secret in that vial of yours

Flinging it all over the room every fifteen turns seems tiring.

What the fuck is oUr SaNcTuM1!1?
I just found a sanctum on Anomaly 2 and I have never heard of it before. Whats the unique in there? I had to kill Python so I still only have Actaeon and Vikhor

This new god is so fun.

Especially the heavenly cloud ability, that gives you +10 slaying and adds on more for every whirlwind attack.

It's just an odd place centered around a bunch of odd beings.

Well, uh, rShards is nice.

WHAT DA FUG.
>10 SP to fuck your party up
>10 SP for 100% lower your stats and deal a large amount of damage
>multiple of them in an encounter
The unique better be good.

Fucking Paracelsus. Our Sanctum proved to be fucking shit since you can't recruit glitches or get their abilities.

PCB:
What kind of a ring carries a fucking backpack? I have a fairly active imagination and yet I cannot work this out. My inventory is different from my mounts, because I can be dropped and keep all my stuff. How can I be a ring mimic glittering in the morning sun carrying a ton of fucking weapons and armor, and nobody suspects a thing?

I tried. Maybe the backpack is in the spirit realm?