2017 honda civic type r

thoughts on these? i've always wanted one and now that they're going to be released in the US while i'm in a good financial spot, i'm most likely gonna buy one. are there any better options for quick, fun to drive sports cars around ~ $35k?

Is that the new Subaru WRX

I think it's one of the ugliest cars I've seen roll out of factories in the last 20 years. Needs less jagged lines and hard angles, looks too much like it was designed by a 12 year old in MS Paint.

Still want one.

>bring the type r to the us finally
>make it ugly as shit
>fuck a u white piggu

While I respect the fact that Honda is finally making something that isn't dull as fuck, this car has a limited appeal: it would be extremely cringy for anyone over the age of 30 to drive one, yet most 20 year olds wouldn't be able to afford one.

i'm 25 and able to afford one so is that cringey? what car do you recommend?
i don't get how you guys think it's so ugly. i think it looks great.

>i'm 25
>i think it looks great

case in point

>Type R
>doesn't rev to the Moon and back

Yuck.

>are there any better options for quick, fun to drive sports cars around ~ $35k?
Among other things, the WRX STi. It looks similar (that is to say that the FK8 copies how it looks) and it's got huge aftermarket support. Much easier to make quicker than an FK8 Type R, which is just a generic 4cyl FWD hatch that's about the size of a modern compact sedan.

That's a weird looking WRX...

who cares. it'll be hideous and have shit visibility and weigh too much and/or be too big.

im 25 and i think it looks retarded.

also the new wrx looks shit as well

>over 300 bhp
>only to the front wheels
>mfw

STi is definitely better

I'm 24 and I'm
The styling of this Type R is basically the opposite of everything I like.

In all honesty, I'd rather get a VW Golf R over a Civic Type R. The Civic is fucking hideous.
Still get a 300+ HP 2.0L I4
Still get a 5 door hatchback
As a bonus, you get AWD, unlike the Civic.

They're similar in performance but other than that I don't think the cars could be more different

Golf R:
>pretty bland styling
>in the game for almost 40 years
>a better performance version of the quintessential hot hatch
>german
>pretty much nobody will ever mod nor care about this care in 10-15 years
>will be comfy

Type R:
>styling done by what 40 year olds think 12 year olds like
>literally just releasing
>based off of high-selling econobox
>japanese
>if you don't mod your resale value doubles current MSRP in 10-15 years
>will have stiff ass suspension and only come with uncomfortable brick racing seats

Honestly I'm not gonna lie the Focus ST is the best of both worlds (and it only comes with a manual)

Except the Golf R will hold it's resale if you get the manual. Look at how much MK6 Golf Rs and MKIV R32s are still going for.

$35k gets you a Focus RS or a WRX STI, both of which are going to be better cars.

future classic

Just like the other yuro type R's huh?

umm the dc2 type r and ek9 are easily on their way to becoming classics

babby's first factory rice

>civic
>sports cars

so you like bland shit that gets lost in an empty parking lot? You're in luck, because 99% of cars sold today are just what you like!

The Civic is a bloated fat thing like a drowned body in a lake. Not feeling it.

Both rare JDM cars and not mass produced shit like the fk2, fn2 and ep3.

No. You simply do not buy a fucking "go fast" vw car.
Buy their diesels and get the groceries with it. Thats a solid car.

okay?

The design doesn't seem that extreme when even a fucking Prius looks like a rice festival. It'll probably look tame and restrained in a few years.

miss me now?

Post the quality interior pls. Also

FUTURE CLASSIC

Nope. You suck and are ugly in entirely different fashions.

>>pretty much nobody will ever mod nor care about this care in 10-15 years
lies. People still fight over R32's.

>torsion beam rear axle
no thanks.

From the videos I've seen of it being thrown around, it looks pretty quick on track.
That said the Focus RS is about the same price isn't it? I haven't driven those either but I'm still a bit unsure about their "rear diff" aka basically a clutch that burns and wears.
I'd like to see them put laptimes together but also run hard for like 10 laps or so, to confirm they actually race hard and aren't just for show.

You could also get a previous gen RS (or not? were they sold in the US?) which as fast as fwd gets.

Kinda off topic, but what will even be the enthusiast sales-bin choice in the future?
WRX STI? The 2015 STI models are already like 10k off the sticker price of the 2017 STI models. They should continue to depreciate. I think they'll reach as low as 18k within the next 3 years.
From what I've seen, the Toyobaru BR86's from their early years (2012-2014) are going for as low as 15k. I wonder if we'll see sub 10k ones, or if their price will saturate around 10-12k.
370Z's have also dipped down to 15000-ish, but the ones in that range are significantly older than the BRZ's (2009-2011).
I feel the ND Miata is just too new to tell right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years they're selling for under 15k.
What do you guys expect will happen to the Type R in OP's post.

BRING BACK VR6 GOLFS

It all depends on the numbers.
Miatas are popular, so they'll be cheap.
Toyobarus are also kind of popular in some places, I'd expect them to go for low too, problem is if they'll stay unmolested.
This newest sti gen is afaik not that well liked, despite being alright it has certain (or lacks) features that weren't that well received, that could bring the price down... but then again sti tax.
370 sure, like 350s, but then again I mostly find them overpriced, overriced, and or most run an autotragic. 350s aren't the cheap gem I thought they would be today, at least because I can't find one without a fucking auto.

I was gonna say just get an A3 but they are no longer available with a V6. Sad. Well there's the RS3 with a mean straight 5 but the price is just stupid.

Is there even a market for the type r in the US? I thought the Japanese sports car enthusiasts would rather get cheap honda's and rice them out or try to find older Zs.

honest question, how do you not get embarrassed stepping out of this, looking like a 12 year old in his racecar that goes vroom vroom?

I've always wondered. How can you afford a 35k car and not have this be a career limiting move?

Must suck to be such an insecure loser.

Ok, if you want to deflect the conversation, whatever, but really, girls think this is embarrassing and your boss is likely to view you as a bit more childish after stepping out of something like this.

Not all people work office jobs or even work for someone else.

How is it "deflecting" when you're too much of a pussy to be seen with a fucking Civic because you think someone might disapprove? Pathetic.

I wouldn't even drive a civic in a vacuum, let alone a 35k souped up civic. There are so many better cars for the pricepoint. I don't even like STIs but damn would I prefer one over this FWD piece of boy racer shit. For this money you can get:

A used STI plus money to do a WRX trunk swap so you look like an adult
A nice used cayman plus some money for repairs
An E92 M3 plus money for repairs
An E46 M3 plus supercharger money and repairs
370z nismo
+many more [self respecting cars]

Now this, ironically, is deflecting.

Competing cars:
Focus RS; AWD 350hp hot hatch
STI; same hp, similar styling, boxer engine AWD
Golf R; upgraded shitbox with AWD
Lancer Evo; dead car, but you can still buy the "new" leftovers
The literal only reason to like it is a subjective one, looks. There's a reason people don't put fwd onto any serious cars.
But like, just liking looks is enough, but you might not like it later down the line if you really want a performer. Get it if you want

Am I supposed to pretend like image doesn't matter? Sounds like you're the actual loser if you're in a place where perception of you doesn't matter.

Not him but...
Not all careers ask you to be driving a camry or bmw.
It all depends on the boss or HR department, some don't care at all what you drive, some would simply would ask you to park not at the front of the gate, mine just asks that it be clean.
Not every girl likes cars enough to care about anything other than color.
Even if they cared, you can't live your life based on what others might think of you all the time, enjoy yourself even if you do silly things from time to time.
No matter what you drive, if your attitude is right then people won't care. Also, if your job or your skills are beyond and above the rest, people won't doubt your choices.
You're too self conscious, man, don't stress yourself.