ITT: Best gearbox/transmission

I've heard both Honda and Porsche have extremely good gearboxes

I think Porsche has the edge with their PDK tho

Porsche is renowned for their manuals as well.

But yeah, the PDK is well built, incredibly intuitive, and an all around great system.

sorry if the thread title wasn't specific enough but yea i'm talking about manuals.

Honda and Porsche were about equal though which is why i used auto as a tiebreaker

The transmission in the gt350 and z06
Also for only having four gears the old big block ford toploaders still take a savage beating

ST with a short shift arms feels fucking amazing. stock is slop city tho.

any eurofags here that can tell us about whether the type r gearbox is any good compared to the ST?

lmao

I have driven land cruiser, citroen c4, v10 touareg, rav4, quashqai, zzw30 and sw20.
SW20 is by far the best steering and gearbox I've ever had despite it being 250k miles on it. It was so short and snappy and precise.

I love my toploader. Shifts fast and very strong

I wanna see this dude take off the cover one day and see all the shit in there

totally agree on the stock part, my FiST gearbox feels weird and not very crisp. Almost feels like loose wet pussy just slipping and sliding all over the place

>tr-6060
Or even
>any tremec manual with syncro upgrades
These things can take 700+ tq easy

What short shift stuff you boys got? I was gonna get the FSWerks part because it was the cheapest..

im still running stock me boyo but I'd say go for it the reviews are good, I would probably do that or mountune because they are sponsored by Ford

best gearbox i've driven is basically any BMW

worst is a 2002 honda accord, felt like i was moving a stick through a box of rocks

I've never felt anything quite so slick as the 4 speeds that Hightower puts together. Stocker units can't hold a candle to em.

The S4 has a smooth manual transmission.

One of the only things still stock on ken blocks sti was the transmission. So it takes allot of beating..

You sure about that? Most rally cars have sadev gearboxes or similar. No way a stock trans stands up to that kind of power and abuse, especially not a Subaru trans. While the 6mts are certainly better than the made-of-glass 5mts they're not bulletproof.

I have the breedt short shift arm. honestly i wouldn't even bother with the plates that sit on top of the stock shift arm. mountune is prob fine

the slid pin can be a bitch when installing

Most Honda transmissions are whatever but the S2000's is cum. Porsche nails it on every model but considering the price they bloody well should.

i thought even civics and stuff had buttery smooth transmissions though?

Your mom has the edge with her DSL tho

I think Honda transmissions feel better than Porsche, but I'm biased.

Maybe the CGT, with it's shift very close to the steering wheel, like the F40, and a modern Porsche tranny.