GF is leasing one next year

Her mom got a job at a Chrysler dealership and can apparently get some magical deal.

I personally hate debt/monthly payments if they're not necessary like mortgage or netflix. Wanted her to get an ealy 2000's Tacoma, Toyata master race, since I drive a celica it would make a good contrast for things we do.

Thoughts?

>dating someone with stupid parents
shiggy diggy. you marry someone's whole family, not just them.

I understand... I don't expect her mom to stay for more than 5 years. Her family seems to not give a shit about cars. They have a Saab 9-5, Chevy trailblazer, dead grandma's Toyota solara, brother's got a Chevy Monte Carlo. Meanwhile my 94 Celica has 63k, dad's 96 Camry at 250k, and mom's got a venza. FML, my gf gets offended when we share opinions about cars, yet last month she wouldn't shut up about wanting a 2015 corolla.

I was very close to renting one of these for an 8 hour drive to Montreal.

I went with the now dead Mazda2.

Non of these cars sound very fun, go pick up a crown Vic right now or you can't post on here anymore

>guys please tell me want I want to hear: the thread

I honestly don't know what to think. I've never driven or gained an opinion on any Fiat. All I can say is that it looks alright, and I guess she technically won't be owning it, so I shouldn't care to much about ownership value. Just hope the lease ends before we have kids. I'm not selling my Celica till the odometer gives out.

Good Lord. Live a little when you rent.

2000's is too new. Make her get a pic related with a 22r sr5

Let me guess, Turo?

I would agree, the late 90's Toyotas are absolutely bulletproof. She just doesn't like the styling of just about everything in that era. (She thought my car was practically brand new being out has no miles and a timeless body). My next car will be an 86 when the 2017s devalue to 16k, and she approves 110%. Girls are weird.

Bigger cars cost more to rent and I had that Mazda for a long time.

>I personally hate debt/monthly payments if they're not necessary like mortgage or netflix
I agree with you completely, but a mortgage and netflix are pretty different things man

I was actually thinking about buying pic related

if its not the electric one they're pretty nice senpai.

not when you're in your 20's

she'd be getting one of the 101hp versions, the 500e is nowhere for sale around us and the abarth/turbos are pretty rare, plus the panel details make it look like it's covered in hemorrhoids

>My next car will be an 86 when the 2017s devalue to 16k
so in about 5 years?

I guess it is alright, but it is still a Fiat, so if your gf does not take care of the car, it will shit itself in a couple of miles

If it's under a warranty it's a fine car to own for city driving.

A couple of my friends have them and none of them have problems and think it's a great car except the one girl who had some problem with the engine and had to get a new one at 40k miles. Her warranty covered it, and I think it was her fault and not the car, so as long as you take care of it it should be fine.

Fiats bad rap is mostly a meme if you ask me. It's not as cheap to own as a 25 year old civic/corolla, but you get better safety features and a warranty in exchange.

I personally feel like that is a good value.

I guess that if you are tony you could get a used one for cheap.

Ye, that is what I'm going to do

Just need to fix it again