/elyg/ - Elysium general

Really makes you think edition

>What is this?
This is the Elysium general. A private server for vanilla World of Warcraft.

>Guilds:
ELYSIUM
Horde guild:
Alliance guild:

ZETH'KUR
Alliance guild:
Horde guild: None
/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

ANATHEMA
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vaniIla-112-addons-download/
shagui.org/pfUl/

>Leveling Guide (fixed link)
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>WoD models + WoD tilesets for Vanilla
modcraft.superparanoid.de/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=11051&sid=5bef861d0c0a46bb9d0e8c7436e813ff
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5v5l9t/last_stop_on_the_drama_train_joining_the_legacy/
reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5v5t7k/hello_again_friends_joining_the_legacy_network_as/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lets get this shit started off right

>Alexsensual

>Horde has to make a raid for Shimmering Flats
>can't kill one druid
BLOOD AND THUNDER, eh? ;^)

pupper pals

Please stop avatarfagging as me. Thank you.

>enemy warrior attacks
>healthbar barely moves and he's just shitting out damage all over my pathetic girl cock

>I play warrior
>miss every other swing and then instantly die
HOW DO I PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME

The server is falling apart

You'll meet the nicest people on Zeth'kur!
Go puppers!

Can you stop?

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5v5l9t/last_stop_on_the_drama_train_joining_the_legacy/

Last stop lads.
>mfw le crippling depression is literally a meme

any alliance leveling guide for 20-30 i always run out of quests towards the late 20's

>February 20th
>No AQ nor any updates

Hey, what gives?!

reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5v5t7k/hello_again_friends_joining_the_legacy_network_as/

Funny how your blindness and suicidal depression can fix itself instantly like that.

will never raid!

remember when the floor above cthun dissapeared that one time in vanilla? they were trying to fix that and that patch came out two weeks ago

Dwarf or gnome if you want to be laughed at by everybody on either faction
Human if you want to be normal and boring
Nelf if you're a keyboard-turning anime

Male undead if you're a pvp edgelord, fem undead if you're a anime
Troll if you want to be best race
Orc if you want to be laughed at by everybody on either faction

>I got a prescription, and what I assumed was "Stress" was actually just crippling depression, but now it's gone!
Wait, is Suzerain us? Are we Suzerain? I don't know what is real and what isn't anymore.

only killed ironically desu senpai

>February 28th
Ayyo AQ is delayed till april because we need the crestfall team to script it for us.

He got a "prescription" from Shenna, right in the asshole.

I don't know what they have on him that they made him come back but it has to be something bad, since he said that it's impossible working with these people, and you can see he even claims to disagree with them in the new posts.

some of this game you have to grind it out

>call out corruption
>get your character banned

How do you get past the fact that this server is run by an emotional russian woman? Every server with a female at the helm descends into chaos.

buy a character

Alexensual I just can't fathom why you insist on being such a dickbag. Every private server I have ever played on has had staff members that do questionable shit. I would expect no corruption from people being paid to be here but this is a voluntary project with the goal of allowing you to play a game that is otherwise no longer available. Who cares who they have on the team as long as things are getting done? Quit being a fucking pussy and do what everyone else does, play the game.

the people that were going to level with me where did you go? lol

>Alex does his whole one video a day bullshit before Elysium starts up
>During the test/releases he is able to rake in money for donations
>After release he decides to go PvE on a Warrior -- makes a guild and tells everyone that's where he'll play
>He soon found out that playing as a Warrior required an IQ above 80 and the use of multiple keybinds! Wow!
>He abandons PvE, and all of his followers, to switch to his Warlock
>Only requires one binding to perform at a mediocre level
>All through this he realizes that vanilla wow is not fun like he remembered it as a "vanilla veteran"' -- or in reality that he isn't making any cash because his viewers dropped to the double digits
>He slowly stops to stream and play less and less
>His guild tries to provide constructive criticism but he spergs out and stops raiding
>Since he himself is 'done' with Elysium he does the one thing he always does: cause drama -- because if he isn't going to play there then no one else should either!
>He spams shitty 'evidence' and further ruins his reputation while losing subscribers on all of his social platforms.
>As this is all blowing over he'll come to realize there are no servers left that he hasn't shit on
>He'll go back to Legion and 'advocate' for official legacy realms
>We have now jumped back nearly half a year
>Blizzard decides to provide an update that they don't have an update
>SPERGOUT - starts to hype up [insert new project here]
Repeat

source?
I want to ring the gong already!

Do you ever feel strange about the fact that all of your "friends" are online and that you have no interactions with anyone in the real world (at least that don't deliver)?
It reminds me of shut-ins in the 80s and 90s using chat lines where every friend they knew was a faceless voice on the telephone, meanwhile their family is embarrassed and worried about their relative spending every waking hour involved in elaborate fantasies and arguments on the telephone, only surfacing briefly to snag some cookies or wash their crunchy socks.

>Alex is leaving

HAHAHAHA

A LEVEL 17 FUCKING HUNTER

are Alts allowed in MoH?

[–]Suzerain_Elysium [score hidden] an hour ago

So, I will try to give you some info on this but keep in mind I have a moral obligation to leave out some information regarding Nostalrius. Essentially, we knew about the request to remove all of our data ahead of time. We were all discussing it, potential ideas and how we would respond, etc. This was all going on in #core with Myself, Shenna, Mesh, Snow, Yaga, and Nano. The next day, Yaga invite myself, Nano, and several devs into a secret Discord. Yaga explained how Shenna was going to comply with Nostalrius and wipe everything, essentially killing the project. Dismayed, we came up with contingency plans to prevent that from happening.

Later, I spoke with Shenna, trying to convince her to see reason and change her plans... at which point I found out she had no intentions of doing what Yaga had said. It was all either fabricated, or he misunderstood. Either way, when I exposed the chat, Shenna was furious. Yaga was removed from core and had a lot of access revoked. In the end, it was really just a communication issue that was followed up by poor choices.

MoH is a shit clique guild. Next week theyll show their true face with a nihilium loot council

>Shenna
>her
>she

....damn man

Tranny alts are.

Alex did nothing wrong, you poorfags just love to suck russian dicks

I'm going back to retail.

Nope.

no?

Sup Alex

Jesus Christ, these are the people that were supposed to continue the Nost legacy. Holy fucking shit.

yeah if you're going to play the char you can join sure, when we have to make room for active chars we kick people who haven't logged in for a few weeks.

whisper me ingame for invite manlett

Never trust a Slav.

why did they ban alex?

can you invite Guilarlin, i'm not high enough to whisper yet

he was too woke

But I am a Slav. It's Russians that seem to have this uniquely scummy quality about them.

Seriously, this looks really fucking bad, they have 10 people fighting over each decision like highschool kids. No matter who wins it looks fucking terrible.

>disabled guild tags to hide the fact half of those people are pugs

The alliance core will not be stupid enough to go alliance for a 9th time on Crestfall, right?

I mean the server will go to TBC and alliance sucks in TBC.

Because he refunded a $1000 payment which fucked with the way they were doing the server costings

A watchful protector...

>talking about something that will not happen for at least three years

MANDATE OF HEAVEN WILL NEVER RAI-

I just checked realmplayers, their Rag kill isn't on there. What happened?

he's just an attention starved nigger

He exposed the russians cooperating with the chinks to sell gold. Veeky Forums actually thinks this is okay so whatever...

*blank posts*

>depression
>gone

i got some bad news for you kid

He posted a bunch of screenshots that showed pretty much everyone in Crestfall and Elysium to be botters, gold sellers, RMT/account sellers, hackers, and so on. Then he posted a bunch of screenshots supplied by an insider that showed that Crestfall (Whitekidney/Asura) was in charge of the project and they booted the Elysium devs. Then he posted a bunch of screenshots supplied by an insider that showed them discussing why and how they'll ban him for exposing this. Then they banned him.

No, they specifically banned him for "spreading fake info".

>alchemy 300
>Only get a few gold per day with transmute

Meh... Is there any other good selling item for alchemists to sell?

>He proudly posts boasting about a guild running easy 10+ year old content on a slant eye cartoon sharing site
Buddy, you need someone to talk to? I'm here.

Yea, it is kind of suprising to see elyg completely disregards what is going on with the higher ups and their blatant corruption. Seems all they need is a server with a pop and theyll nourish it with their retarded attention. Sheep really is the most accurate term

Why are people doing 10 man LBRS?

>No, they specifically banned him for "spreading fake info".

[citation needed]

>mfw the MoH Ragnaros kill is missing from Realmplayers

Yep, they pugged so much Realmplayers now thinks it's a pug. Sad!

>info I don't like is fake

He has zero hard evidence. He took pictures of discussions and twisted them into his own context.

The reality is, he sucks at this game and got bored with it. He's basically blackballed from all other large servers and the only way he continue to generate ad views is through creating drama. He has no options left. If he goes back to Legion his following will plummet, like it did last time. The only private servers that he can play on now are sub-100 pop shitholes.

Alex is now just harming the legacy cause by trying to splinter everyone for his profit. If we actually come together and prove it's a viable option for Blizzard to provide them, then it's more likely it happens.

We are finally free of him.

I got 2 60s with hundreds of hours. I wish i could sell them for 100$ or so. but it is not allowed. Why does it have to be banned. why do you hate capitalism.

Have you guys even watched Alex's videos? It's all 15+ minutes of fucking nothing. Stop defending this autist. It's good for the community that he got banned. I for one like seeing an administration exercising their power like this.

>Alex is now just harming the legacy cause by trying to splinter everyone for his profit. If we actually come together and prove it's a viable option for Blizzard to provide them, then it's more likely it happens.

You are so fucking stupid dude.

>harming the legacy cause
>legacy cause

Hey Salty Dog.

>The reality is, he sucks at this game and got bored with it. He's basically blackballed from all other large servers and the only way he continue to generate ad views is through creating drama. He has no options left. If he goes back to Legion his following will plummet, like it did last time. The only private servers that he can play on now are sub-100 pop shitholes.

Exactly.

Alex fucking sucks. He does NOTHING of worth, he adds NOTHING to the community at all

Any info videos he makes are usually just copying what other people said, and outright wrong. Any other videos he says are trying to stir up drama for attention/views

He's managed to piss off pretty much every private server and their communities, he fucking sucks at the game, and he never contributes anything worth a damn.

He's full of shit, and he constantly flip flops his opinions.

As somebody pointed out above, he'll start campaigning for blizzard legacy servers now, and play legion, until he sees a new private server launching and the cycle begins again

THE GOYIM KNOW! SHUT IT DOWN!

>muh community
>muh cause

You guys really are sheeps. The funniest thing is that most of you never played neither retail vanilla nor original Nost.

>He has zero hard evidence. He took pictures of discussions and twisted them into his own context.

Please feel free to provide a "better" context for any of the screenshots.

>generalizing this hard

don't be dumb.
Belfs invalidate the entire big reason they always go alliance. They will go horde 100%.
Most of the server will as well, the pvp balance will be terrible.

how do i avatarfag without revealing my avatar?

Counted 28.
Thanks for proving my point.

I mean that's the normal thought process and the reason why every TBC server is shit.

However, there will not be any transfers to TBC, the only way you get there is by playing through vanilla first (or reroll at tbc launch and being behind 60 levels).

So the question is, will the allliance core go horde for the Vanilla portion or reroll at TBC, both are bad options.

I think this may be the first server with a non-fucked alliance:horde ratio going into TBC

I'm pretty hype for it because of this.

I suck so hard as hunter at bgs. Too many targets and my gear is shit,

>Thinking you have some sort of superiority because you played on Nost
Wow you sure are special.

Please provide solid evidence instead of conjecture.

You're trying to ruin the only server we have. Where do we go if Elysium falls apart? Kronos? That's the only real option and we all know how you feel about that.

The reality is Elysium is what we have. Private servers in general will NEVER be 100% pure bastions of light. Nostalrius was close but even then they were blind and weak. They thought if they shut it down that Blizzard would do something. Then they brought it up and caved to the pressure again.

Elysium is providing us with what we want. If it goes away then we all splinter into smaller servers and then the push for legacy steps back YEARS. If we all congregate on one server and make it so big that they can't ignore it, without it shutting down of course, then they can build a business case for official legacy and get it pushed through.

But no, you only care about keeping that ad money coming in so you can continue to live in your moms basement and play video games all day.

I finally finished "in dreams" after like 12 shitshow attempts, not even sure how it finally got completed. There were chinks camping hearthglen and uthers tomb for like 7 hours yesterday.
Anyhow, i ran to tyrion along the river in eastern plaguelands and he doesn't have an option to complete the quest. Do I have to wait at the tower until someone else gets him to spawn there to finish it? The quest is so broken, i don't think i have another 12 hours in me to sit and wait for the event to work.

>being a lock in 39level bgs with half the horde being hunter

>playing Warlock as Alliance
Having fun with all those undeads?

So you have no better context then?

tl;dr please don't kill my cash cow

Same logic as Suzerain here:

>It's one thing to, say, expose that some people working on LC were on the PlayTBC staff. But where does the 'exposing' end? Ok, so they were on PlayTBC as moderators or GMs. They are not to blame for PlayTBC's failure, the admins were. So why attack them? Why try to force them off the team? They have done nothing but try to be part of a good team and make a TBC server that people enjoy. That is what I mean by doing harm to the community. Mounting a personal attack based on limited information that may not even be true is what I warn against.

In other words "sure, speak the truth until it becomes inconvenient for us".

I agree and it sounds great, however there will be buttloads of belf rerolls. Paladins wanting to live the ret dream, for example, may just make a new belf instead of sticking with their human.
I imagine a good chunk of the core would go alliance for vanilla, say they aren't going to reroll for tbc, then actually reroll. It's not so bad minus the time investment as by then they'd definitely have the gold to bankroll a newer belf character to twink it up to make leveling a breeze.

Either way, what they say they will do and what they will actually do are probably different. And like someone else said, it probably doesn't matter as most of us will be dead IRL before the PTE server launches.

They don't bother me. Honestly orc rogues are generally scarier since they aren't played by retards.

Alex has always done shit to get views. His views have been retardedly low compared to the lead up hype for nost-elysium relaunch.
Remember when he bailed for Legion? He swore up and down to his Legion guild on tich that he wasn't going to just up and re-bail - and he did, not because of a "legacy cause" but because he got no views doing legion shit. (big fish in small pond becomes small fish in big pond, etc).

it's all a shitshow because even if devs are shady (pretty likely) no one is every going to take Alex seriously. He literally hurts anything he's behind, whether it's a private server or exposing corruption, making his dad not hate himself, etc.

every encounter ever with other warriors

t. warrior

Hi /elysg/ I like u all :)

>Tfw botting in remote location
>Been running almost 24 hours straight
>Log shows noone has bee near me or said anything to me in chat
Easy game easy life

>...all over my pathetic girl cock

I'll teach you how to play cutie.

What you're saying is anyone who had any involvement with PlayTBC should be black listed from future servers? Even as game masters? You know there's quite a limited pool of people out there who will donate their time for free.

If you're going down that road then I would tell you to avoid Gummys project -- he's shut down his own fair share of servers in the past and definitely does not have the pristine reputation you're looking for.

t. suzerain

How are you this bad at counting?

what stats should I look into while leveling as druid ? i'm also interested in casual world pvp